Hi folks! Why don't we have an archer class?

methodm
methodm Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
After two years of playing PW, i dedicated to switch to FW. I hope we will create a great community. I just want to say hello to my future guild mates and ask a question about something bothers me:

Why don't we have an archer class? I mean bow, not rifle.
Post edited by methodm on

Comments

• bianchia
    bianchia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Because rifles > bow. There is an "archer" class, it just doesn't conform to the usual standard of bows, crossbows, and arrows. SUPPORT THE DIFFERENCES :D
  • emichan123321
    emichan123321 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    yeahh..we have gunners in this game instead. also, wrong section to post :P
    BlackCard♥ Memeber/Recruiter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We just witnessed a classic example of what I call miss directed rage, I believe the technical term is being an ****. - Fruits Basket
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    in sanctuary (elf village) you have elf npc's with bows, there should be an elf archer in this game or maybe a future class to implement
  • hilshooter
    hilshooter Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ye weve dwarfs xp but archer would be cool and also a summoner or shapeshifter dunno
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ImmortalsFW Videos of Instances, Events and PK.

"I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last."
  • arilzia
    arilzia Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    hilshooter wrote: »
    ye weve dwarfs xp but archer would be cool and also a summoner or shapeshifter dunno

We have a shapeshifter.. vampires.
    Because I could not stop for Death-he kindly stopped for
    me-the carriage held but just Ourselves-and Immortality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig credit: Discordia
  • xsunkiller
    xsunkiller Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    yeah archers would be nice dunno i never really fancied marksmen/snipers in a game other than a FPS lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sig made by me
  • fenrina
    fenrina Posts: 336
    edited December 2010
    Going off of the npcs, I think we have a good chance of getting one. Not in time for OB, but maybe for the first expansion.
  • narc0tix
    narc0tix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I feel ya marksman just doesnt have the same feel as an archer :rolleyes:
    Nova - Marksman / Bard
  • ihazcookies
    ihazcookies Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Marksmen=archer. The difference is simply visual. I don't see why they would introduce a class that they already have.
    BobZeConqueror
    Wicked
  • hilshooter
    hilshooter Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    maybe hunter arch user
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ImmortalsFW Videos of Instances, Events and PK.

"I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last."
  • melnii
    melnii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Big boomstick shooting your nuts off > tiny winy little bow with wooden arrows any time. :3 Besides, they're basically the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is Onomatomania, my avatar thing is messed up.
  • xsolarx
    xsolarx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, archers kind of have a stealth/soft appeal. They're not as BANG! as a Marksman, lol. Maybe they might add them later. =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world isn't perfect, so play in one that's Forsaken.
  • hawke18
    hawke18 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Marksmen=archer. The difference is simply visual. I don't see why they would introduce a class that they already have.

That's like saying marksman=mage so why have marksman. Archers could easily have a different system/gameplay.
  • melnii
    edited December 2010
    No, mages use magic, archers/marksman use bullets/arrows/physical power. Two way different things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawke18
    edited December 2010
    melnii wrote: »
    No, mages use magic, archers/marksman use bullets/arrows/physical power. Two way different things.

Not really. If you understand the mechanics of this game, you'd know that marksmen are just mages with different skills. There is no physical-magical distinction.
  • melnii
    edited December 2010
    I agree that's the same, but mages are spellcasters with magical power and gunners/archers shoot with skills with physical power. Two different things
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawke18
    edited December 2010
    melnii wrote: »
    I agree that's the same, but mages are spellcasters with magical power and gunners/archers shoot with skills with physical power. Two different things

I still fail to see what magical power and physical power have to do with anything when they work exactly the same in this game. Bows and guns are also different things. So I don't understand why you think guns and magic are so different but guns and bows are too similar to have an archer class.
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    hawke18 wrote: »
    I still fail to see what magical power and physical power have to do with anything when they work exactly the same in this game. Bows and guns are also different things. So I don't understand why you think guns and magic are so different but guns and bows are too similar to have an archer class.

Uhm not really o.O
    There is a physical defence resistance and magical ones, they are seperate.

And marksmen is PWEs replacement for the archer in this game, they wanted something a bit different, if you look at their other games youll see a lot of bow using characters.
    Its possible that they might add them in a future expansion. . but wow how boring ijs, theres a lot of more interesting options they could add over another pwe archer class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • hawke18
    edited December 2010
    Uhm not really o.O
    There is a physical defence resistance and magical ones, they are seperate.

Sigh...not really. When will people understand physical in this game is just another element like fire or wind and they are exactly the same. There is no physical attack stat, there is no magic attack stat. There's just attack. A marksman does not do physical attacks. It casts earth and fire spells just as a mage casts earth, fire and wind spells.
  • pizzblack
    pizzblack Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    They should just give guns to elves.

That would make quite the spectacle, so much that I'd even try an Elven Marksman.

Just for the lols at how lore just got rolled.
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

There once was a BlackCard...~
  • darkmarauder
    edited December 2010
    Sigh...not really. When will people understand physical in this game is just another element like fire or wind and they are exactly the same. There is no physical attack stat, there is no magic attack stat. There's just attack. A marksman does not do physical attacks. It casts earth and fire spells just as a mage casts earth, fire and wind spells.

If you actually read what i said and what i quoted, i was stating that there are different resistances, e.g you might have more p resistance than dark-so its not all one number.
    Not that the dwarves atk with physical atks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawke18
    edited December 2010
    If you actually read what i said and what i quoted, i was stating that there are different resistances, e.g you might have more p resistance than dark-so its not all one number.
    Not that the dwarves atk with physical atks.

Then why did you quote me and say "not really" when I never said it was all one number?
  • darkmarauder
    edited December 2010
    Then why did you quote me and say "not really" when I never said it was all one number?

You made it wound as if there was one overall defense, i thought like some people maybe you didnt know there was a mastery and resistances tab in the character menu.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aliciana
    aliciana Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I've always thought bards were the "archers".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • poaka
    poaka Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    lol OR!!!! maybe FW should let elves be marksmen....implement bows as another weapon for marksmen, add a new skill tree!!! wala!! gun could become PWI's new version of the Xbow :O...

but seriously making a new class for a bow user would be interesting but....unless it has major differences ect then it would be no point....

oooh new thread idea >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In darkness theres always a light to lead the way...

In light, darkness hides in the shadows.....
  • ratatosk
    ratatosk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    For the sake of originality alone should FW not have Elven Archers... They should add Elven Magic Warriors, using the lven blades seen in the LOTRO movie.
  • saboking
    saboking Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i support the idea of having dwarves gunners to having archers... archers r juz too common... PWE will haf to crack their heads dam hard in order to create a new outlook n skills tat r different fr other games. Anyway there r already 5 races n 8 diff classes, hence i doubt very much tat PWE will spent the time n money on creating another class where there is already a similar one availble. If u really prefer archer to marksman... u can always play PW, y bother abt playing FW?
  • richardlafferty
    richardlafferty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I agree with saboking. Every single mmo has an elf archer. FW is doing something new and different. I think that's great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • janedoe
    janedoe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    methodm wrote: »
    Hi folks! Why don't we have an archer class?

Because the devs chose not to have one in this game.... that's why.
This discussion has been closed.