Phase 3 start date

Comments

• nameisnew
    nameisnew Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I`ll save you the time for reply by asking the guy-most of the CBTs you patricipated in had one phase which lasts the same as these combined BUT also ALL players with beta keys have access right?And in how much of the CBT`s you participated in were using CBT for marketing and advertising purposes like this one is doing right now?

Yes, but it's not like you did anything to get the key other than register. I'm sure that took a lot of your time.
  • thunderlei
    thunderlei Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    thanks a lot for the info! hopefully people can stop QQing now that this is so explicitly stated (:
    VERITAS: The TRUTH will set you free!

IGN: Cyclops
    Class: Protector
    Guild: Veritas

Come check us out!
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=108681
    veritasfw.guildlaunch.com
  • overwiz
    overwiz Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ^^ pfft This isnt very fair ^^ . I got my beta key aroung May - June and my friend got his 1 week before cbt release and he got choosen but i got rejected... :( Such a long wait ^^ don't really want to play this game anymore... waiting for too long....
  • harukabara
    harukabara Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I think it's quite fair. It doesn't seem that long of a wait. It'll be here before you know it.
  • lordataxia
    lordataxia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hmm...why is there a Phase 4? Well, in any case, I'll either get in 3 (hopefully) or 4. :)
  • darkvoid55
    darkvoid55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    on phase 4 will they resend the bata keys becuse i have yet too reseve mine
  • antichrlst
    antichrlst Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I've decided to try Wow until the official release of WoW. You can get WoW and both expansions for about $20.00 off Battle.net as part of their Thanksgiving special, been playing it for a couple of days and it's alright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A.K.A. SNAP101
  • malfor77
    malfor77 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    antichrlst wrote: »
    I've decided to try Wow until the official release of WoW. You can get WoW and both expansions for about $20.00 off Battle.net as part of their Thanksgiving special, been playing it for a couple of days and it's alright.

lol.......WOW has over 15million subscription theres not to many people playing mmo that hasnt atleast played the game everyone know and has there own opinion about...it is 8 yr old
  • gretelin
    gretelin Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I believe tht this so much witing is going to make lots of people give up.
    I do not understand why there are going to be so much beta phases, it is normal that games have some bugs.
    I understand the objective, but there are people waiting to play for a year or so.
    Actually I do not understand who the pick of players is done but i think oldest register should play first, i am not saying this because i am one of the oldest ones.
  • silabus
    silabus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    flated wrote: »
    One less to contend with<<<<<<<<< aims lol<(O)>lol FIRE*************

Indeed you can waste your time on my steed instead :) HF!
    モデラト ここ とても 意地悪。
  • l337officeninja
    l337officeninja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Reading this thread (and many others) there are more people actually IN the beta now just to play and are complaining about the wipes, when probably a LOT of people that didn't get selected want to play to actually test it out. I'm going to college for video game simulation and programming which actually has a class entirely devoted to MMOs, so I fall into the group that actually wants to test for testing sake and not just to play it early.

Yeah I've spent a good chunk of money on PWI, have been playing since december after launch, and redeemed my key as soon as it was announced, but I still didn't get into phase 1 or 2. I'm not going to QQ about it though. Everyone knows how ineffective the selection system is for the beta. Hopefully the powers that be will see they have more people just complaining about stuff in the beta and how it affects their enjoyment of the game than they have people that are reporting bugs like real beta testers are supposed to do, and they will try to fix the problem.

Until then I'll wait patiently for the beta. To be honest I actually forgot about the start of Phase 2 because I didn't expect to get in anyway. As they say, a watched pot never boils.
  • nameisnew
    edited December 2010
    Reading this thread (and many others) there are more people actually IN the beta now just to play and are complaining about the wipes, when probably a LOT of people that didn't get selected want to play to actually test it out. I'm going to college for video game simulation and programming which actually has a class entirely devoted to MMOs, so I fall into the group that actually wants to test for testing sake and not just to play it early.

Yeah I've spent a good chunk of money on PWI, have been playing since december after launch, and redeemed my key as soon as it was announced, but I still didn't get into phase 1 or 2. I'm not going to QQ about it though. Everyone knows how ineffective the selection system is for the beta. Hopefully the powers that be will see they have more people just complaining about stuff in the beta and how it affects their enjoyment of the game than they have people that are reporting bugs like real beta testers are supposed to do, and they will try to fix the problem.

Until then I'll wait patiently for the beta. To be honest I actually forgot about the start of Phase 2 because I didn't expect to get in anyway. As they say, a watched pot never boils.

Smart man. :)
  • elfriedewalker
    elfriedewalker Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Gee what happened to all this beta phases will last 3-4 weeks that is a HELL of a lot longer then 3-4 weeks if your going to extend phase 2 that freaking long then you best add more people to phase 2 buddy because thats damn unfair.
    Have you ever wanted to be a Loli?
    well now you can come and join the ranks of Dwarf females in Forsaken world fulfill your dream and become a Dwarf Loli today!!
  • nameisnew
    edited December 2010
    Gee what happened to all this beta phases will last 3-4 weeks that is a HELL of a lot longer then 3-4 weeks if your going to extend phase 2 that freaking long then you best add more people to phase 2 buddy because thats damn unfair.

Way to catch up to the conversation.

1) It's like 3 weeks longer, that's not "a hell of a lot" longer.

2) He already stated there would be another wave of Phase 2 invites.
  • gurbuzsama
    gurbuzsama Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    We wait enough.i dont **** wait again.I started LOTRO and i m happy!!! Good Bye PWI!
  • bhim
    bhim Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    then i guess it really is no point in entering in cb3 as there is gonna be a wipe..i would c ya guys in cb4...if fire fall or any other cooler game isnt out by then >.>
  • ghidorah1212
    ghidorah1212 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    nameisnew wrote: »
    Yes, but it's not like you did anything to get the key other than register. I'm sure that took a lot of your time.

And how does registering gets involved into that?Ofc in every beta you need to register to get the key.It didnt took me or most of the ppl here a lot of time to register it took us alot of time to wait for a game that after few months wont even be competitive with the tons of new mmos coming in the market
  • nameisnew
    edited December 2010
    bhim wrote: »
    then i guess it really is no point in entering in cb3 as there is gonna be a wipe..i would c ya guys in cb4...if fire fall or any other cooler game isnt out by then >.>

Of course there is going to be a wipe.

And how does registering gets involved into that?Ofc in every beta you need to register to get the key.It didnt took me or most of the ppl here a lot of time to register it took us alot of time to wait for a game that after few months wont even be competitive with the tons of new mmos coming in the market

My point is, all you did was register. It's not like you went through some long and arduous process to attain the beta key. In games with only one CBT "phase," they don't bother with invites. You're either accepted or your not. If they were doing it that way, then everyone who has not been invited in a Phase yet simply wouldn't have even gotten a beta key, meaning they'd then whine that they didn't get in and go to another game anyway.
  • triloman
    triloman Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    I think Crabs said somewhere they will be adding stuff that wasn't part of early testing. (not new levels,but new stuff in lower levels)

how can you get reedemed code b4 you registred ? it says on your portrait "march" not december ? are you lying to us :O:O lold
  • triloman
    edited December 2010
    melnir wrote: »
    hmmmmm hopefully ill get in this time. if i dont...then im just gonna not play/pay pwe anymore...
    oooh here is a fact
    if i dont get into phase three, then i've gained access to a beta that i've redeemed a key one year ago!
    great cbt organisation!

the message above was reffering to this guy xD fail -.-
  • drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited December 2010
    triloman wrote: »
    how can you get reedemed code b4 you registred ? it says on your portrait "march" not december ? are you lying to us :O:O lold

March is when the forum account was made, players have been able to redeem the keys since back then, alot of playeres have account showing March, April, May
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • triloman
    edited December 2010
    drakenfyre wrote: »
    March is when the forum account was made, players have been able to redeem the keys since back then, alot of playeres have account showing March, April, May

haha ooh and here i tried to sound smart xD but anyways can't wait to play this game :) just Unistalled HoN to prepare for a fun gaming with my coming Dwarf on FW. :) and just a reminder im not QQing, just being bored ya know ;D
  • ghidorah1212
    ghidorah1212 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    nameisnew wrote: »
    My point is, all you did was register. It's not like you went through some long and arduous process to attain the beta key. In games with only one CBT "phase," they don't bother with invites. You're either accepted or your not. If they were doing it that way, then everyone who has not been invited in a Phase yet simply wouldn't have even gotten a beta key, meaning they'd then whine that they didn't get in and go to another game anyway.

And my point along with all others who complain is-instead of making all these phases and stuff just to give false hopes so they can use them to make contest for additional access where you usually have to advertise,why they didnt actually do this?Just say you will not be accepted until xx phase because Im pretty sure that their "random selection"isn`t so random at all seeing how a whole guild and alot of october registered people got in.

Or even easier-just make it as other games do
  • ultraviolentone
    ultraviolentone Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    crabclaw wrote: »
    Info inbound:

Phase 3 of CB testing will start on January 12th at the latest. Depending on how things proceed for Phase 2 updates, this date could be substantially pushed forward.

Phase 3 will open up a new array of stuff to test, including:

Content up to level 50.

The marketplace will be enabled for testing, with all testers provided free FW marketplace currency to spend/sell/fill a swimming pool with. This currency will only be usable in the FW closed beta and will not transfer to any other PWE titles.

The size of the userbase with CB access will double between now and then.

As mentioned in the earlier info thread, Phase 4 will begin immediately after Phase 3, and will mark the point at which all players with a redeemed beta key will be able to test Forsaken World before it is officially launched. There will be a data wipe at the start of this phase. Phase 4 is still part of the closed beta, and is not the official launch of the game.

Hopefully this clears up some questions a lot of people have been posting, primarily whether Phase 4 is still part of the closed beta period or not (it is). Any further questions/etc, post away.

/CRY

:(:(:( I diden't get into phase 1 or 2 and now you tell me 3 is after december? Right when my 3 week vacation ends -.-.
  • pensri
    pensri Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I will be honest I am not getting my hopes up of getting in lol. If you watched the log video one of the guys flat out said "not everyone will get into the CBT phase". I would love to get in but I am not expecting to...even though I have been with this company for over 2 years! -gives guilt trip- >_> (and dont troll my post dont take it that serously v.v xD but serously I have been with them since PWI was a baby XD Two year anni gifts FTW lmao.)
  • c1s3r
    c1s3r Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    This is a bad jocke...

FW-CB is a big fail for the most of the comm.

why you give so much beta-keys out?? Its a big lie in my opinion.

In phase 1 the support tell us, that we can join cb in phase 2...
    now we have to wait for phase 4

your preparation sucks and cost you a lot of gamers for this game.

Whats the problem to set up the server cap.???

I will not wait 2 months again to play FW, i will go play an other game and wait for really good mmorpgs which released 2010

bye
  • nileana
    nileana Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    kisavixen wrote: »
    That is quite something coming from someone who registered in NOVEMBER... the month we are currently in.

Tell you what, why don't YOU wait a year and see how you feel then.

Just because you see someone as impatient doesn't mean they are. I personally commend each and every player who has waited months on end that they haven't totally blown up and just called it quits on PWE forever.

Try to take a moment to put yourself in another's shoes.

I happen to know personally that angelicmuse, her husband, myself and my husband ALL are long time game testers and NOT just someone who want's to "play" the game.

As for the cbt phase 3 date. I truly hope it isn't so long away and that the entry is from those of us who registered early not a random selection "focusing" on us. Please take our absolute loyalty for sticking around this long into consideration PWE.
    Thank you.
  • aralon
    aralon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • tolichan
    tolichan Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2010
  • shinnanaya
    shinnanaya Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i need a beta key gosh i want to play this game >.<