Whos The Gentleman From XIII That...

13»

Comments

• fr0stfang
    fr0stfang Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    thivus wrote: »
    I like to wear a elaborate Jar Jar Binks costume and mask as part of my every day life. I went to the grocery store, and saw how depressed everyone was so I thought I would help. I started dancing in the aisles, and yelling at people, and running up to people and taking things out of their cart. It was great fun. Then when I went to check out, there was only one lane open and a long line. I screamed and screamed while in line and danced, bumping into other people. I opened a box of baking soda and threw it around. Finally I got to the checkout. I started making noises at the cashier, and I kept pressing buttons on the computer. Some people in line were groaning because the line was getting very long, but that gave me even more incentive to make them laugh. I climbed onto the table and started kicking peoples groceries on the floor and singing. The manager and one of his goons pulled me off and said I could never shop there again. Can I sue for harassment or possibly assault?

...and you called us mentally ill ?
    ....seriously ?
  • sturmkampfwagen
    sturmkampfwagen Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    AAARRRGGGHHH!!!111 Someone stolen my in-game nick Dracula!!!

MUAHAHAH!!
  • fallenhawk
    fallenhawk Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Oh look flash meat. ^_^
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • fr0stfang
    edited November 2010
    AAARRRGGGHHH!!!111 Someone stolen my in-game nick Dracula!!!

MUAHAHAH!!

It was probably Edward Cullen, go after him...
  • breaker87
    breaker87 Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    Oh look flash meat. ^_^

Lol Fallen What Is Flash Meat? ^^

Is It Edible? ^^
  • fr0stfang
    edited November 2010
    breaker87 wrote: »
    Lol Fallen What Is Flash Meat? ^^

Is It Edible? ^^

All meat iz edible...if you flame it good enough D:
  • emichan123321
    emichan123321 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    this thread is....so pointless. if some stole your name, big whop..find another. or add some Xs. theres gonna b a whipe anyways for phase 4 so good luck to you getting it then. its just a name...so need to make a thread about it.
    BlackCard♥ Memeber/Recruiter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We just witnessed a classic example of what I call miss directed rage, I believe the technical term is being an ****. - Fruits Basket
  • fallenhawk
    fallenhawk Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    this thread is....so pointless. if some stole your name, big whop..find another. or add some Xs. theres gonna b a whipe anyways for phase 4 so good luck to you getting it then. its just a name...so need to make a thread about it.

You late to the party.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • fr0stfang
    edited November 2010
    I wonder what did the title say the first time the thread starter made this thread... if that thread got closed and removed...and the one we got now has "Gentleman" lol
  • kiai5
    kiai5 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    kdevil13 wrote: »
    something i notice about pw ppl
    every one that plays, takes EVERYTHING so serious, foreal do u ppl have friends to joke around with? or is this kina the only thing u kno? ?

ya pw ppl so serious they make 2 threads about ppl "stealing" their names in an mmo.
  • fr0stfang
    edited November 2010
    kiai5 wrote: »
    ya pw ppl so serious they make 2 threads about ppl "stealing" their names in an mmo.

I would do that too...Since my name (not this one) can only be stolen, chances of someone thinking it up are so low, that I won't even taking them into consideration.
    I use the same name in all the games I play and people that I know can recognize me trough it. If some **** takes my name just like that and uses it, I won't let him be if I got anything to say about it. In fact, some MMOs I played protect the names of their owners - in a case like this, if proven, the GMs would give the name back to the rightfull owner.

However, that was in games in which a single name could be feared and known by thousand players... not in a hello-kitty game where you can't be anything special.

So, since I dont want people confusing me to some lamer that plays some game using my name... why wouldn't I try stopping him from it as this guy tried ?

Would you like being confused for edward cullen or god-knows-what-tard ? I don't...and an intelligent person won't be stealing names.
  • mainstrikerr
    mainstrikerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    kdevil13 wrote: »
    something i notice about pw ppl
    every one that plays, takes EVERYTHING so serious, foreal do u ppl have friends to joke around with? or is this kina the only thing u kno? for the first time i'm actually not tryina be a smart ****, its a serious question, i was jokin around wit this whole thing and 3 ppl immediately OMGWTFBBQSAUCE'd me

lets jus step back, breath, count to 10 and calm down mkay pumpkin?

Copy right the name!!! =D That'll teach them! =)
    Phase 1 person!!!!

Username: Bash.
    Class:Stonemen protector
    Guild: RageQuit

FEB NEEDS TO MAKE ME A SIGNATURE, BUT SHES TOO SLOW
  • collussus
    collussus Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    natkoa wrote: »
    the thought of a movie based on polar bears fighting and whatnot, is childish..

Can't be bothered to read the rest.... I saw this comment and i think i died a little bit inside.

1. Technically a documentary longer than an hour is a movie. So when polar bears fight in a documentary about polar bears, does it make it a childish documentary?

2. QQ moar about names or make a unique one. I have yet to see anyone use mine anywhere. Just put an obvious spelling mistake in it, and no one will use it :)
  • kiai5
    kiai5 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    fr0stfang wrote: »
    I would do that too...Since my name (not this one) can only be stolen, chances of someone thinking it up are so low, that I won't even taking them into consideration.
    I use the same name in all the games I play and people that I know can recognize me trough it. If some **** takes my name just like that and uses it, I won't let him be if I got anything to say about it. In fact, some MMOs I played protect the names of their owners - in a case like this, if proven, the GMs would give the name back to the rightfull owner.

However, that was in games in which a single name could be feared and known by thousand players... not in a hello-kitty game where you can't be anything special.

So, since I dont want people confusing me to some lamer that plays some game using my name... why wouldn't I try stopping him from it as this guy tried ?

Would you like being confused for edward cullen or god-knows-what-tard ? I don't...and an intelligent person won't be stealing names.

i have to admit i did care enough to read all this and it made me lol.
    how you "proof" it's your name to a gm in a new game where you had no achievement with the old name before? doesn't make sense at all, plus if a gm really does that, they deserve to be fired for creating 1st and 2nd class customers. i can't imagine any company having that kind of policy in the mmo industry, in the end they aren't selling luxury goods.
  • fr0stfang
    edited November 2010
    kiai5 wrote: »
    i have to admit i did care enough to read all this and it made me lol.
    how you "proof" it's your name to a gm in a new game where you had no achievement with the old name before? doesn't make sense at all, plus if a gm really does that, they deserve to be fired for creating 1st and 2nd class customers. i can't imagine any company having that kind of policy in the mmo industry, in the end they aren't selling luxury goods.

Well, in a normal condition, it mostly wouldn't be possible, unless the person in question has alot of ppl that can confirm it, or the GM knows the player personally.

Most cases are about dead accounts which were taken and went inactive - in which the GMs don't really care about the stealers return after half a century...
    Anyway...in games like this, especially in early stages - it's quite impossible...as you said. Most players who have their names stolen are old-game legends... It must have been a dozen times that I said things like: OMG, Dyne is here!!!...and then there was silence... dyne suddenly doesn't talk english and is stuck on 30 for months...when he was a leader of a dang race before and quite capable of interracting on english.

So most cases solve themselves... the name-stealers are mostly lame players as they are lame characters. So mostly u can't do anything, even if u can interract with them in a game, but they will most likely eventually leave.

That however doesn't mean you shouldn't try to cause a mess of it, since that way people will at least know thats not you.
  • xsurticx
    xsurticx Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    that's why, come ob, you be on right when it opens and grab your names. (don't worry about class/race and looks with characters you don't plan on running right away, just do random then set it to delete right away)

Of course, i rarely have issues with name steals for some reason (even though my typical name on websites tends to get taken)
    Ragequit Non-factor
    Kurokona: 40 Priest
  • fr0stfang
    edited November 2010
    xsurticx wrote: »
    that's why, come ob, you be on right when it opens and grab your names. (don't worry about class/race and looks with characters you don't plan on running right away, just do random then set it to delete right away)

Of course, i rarely have issues with name steals for some reason (even though my typical name on websites tends to get taken)

In some other game I used to take my names right away, made 3 chars with all 3 names I'll use later...level up my first char and eventually when a need arises I use the other 2. Or delete them and make them in another race. But man, do I hate that deletion time some games have... when 24h has to pass before the char is deleted...and (hopefully) name become available again.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Should have closed this sooner.
This discussion has been closed.