Is this a legit PW Beta email?

quickswing
quickswing Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is a legit email from PW or a phishing attempt ?

Can any beta testers or Mods confirm or deny?

Cheers

The wait is over! Congratulations! You are now officially one of the lucky few selected to enter the first phase of Forsaken World's closed beta starting on October 27th.

We will be sending you an email prior to October 27th to inform you where to download the game client.

Prepare to immerse yourself in levels 1-29, dive into unique starting zones for each race, discover the different pet functions, unlock quests and build up special skills in crafting your profession. Be sure to check out the official Forsaken World website for all the latest news.

See you in-game on October 27th!

- Perfect World Entertainment Staff
Post edited by quickswing on

Comments

• emichan123321
    emichan123321 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    yupp...ur in. wooo....lucky you...
    BlackCard♥ Memeber/Recruiter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We just witnessed a classic example of what I call miss directed rage, I believe the technical term is being an ****. - Fruits Basket
  • fr0stfang
    fr0stfang Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    yupp...ur in. wooo....lucky you...

OMG ...he got into the first phase and didn't even play ?

Don't you just hate the world sometimes xD
  • veterandoggy
    veterandoggy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    really? you clearly don't know what phishing means if you are asking whether or not that is a phishing email....

you could have checked by trying to log into the game.
  • quickswing
    edited November 2010
    fr0stfang wrote: »
    OMG ...he got into the first phase and didn't even play ?

Don't you just hate the world sometimes xD

The thing is, I changed Internet providers a while back and my email old address changed. I managed to log into my old ISP website and get access to my old emails and found this one sitting in webmail Inbox.
    really? you clearly don't know what phishing means if you are asking whether or not that is a phishing email....

you could have checked by trying to log into the game.

The reason why I asked is because I cannot log into the game... keeps coming up with wrong username or password. Hence my reason for posting in here to see if it was a legit PW email or not.

And yes, I know what "phishing" is! :)
  • ishlandir
    ishlandir Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Have you tried to go to the Knowledge Base and searched through the Technical support zone on the Forums in order to get an awnser why you cannot login while you were selected?
    Ishlandir - Member of Empire - Protector

[SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/117v2ia.png[/SIGPIC]
  • quickswing
    edited November 2010
    ishlandir wrote: »
    Have you tried to go to the Knowledge Base and searched through the Technical support zone on the Forums in order to get an awnser why you cannot login while you were selected?

Not yet, but I will have a look through it now.. thanks for the suggestion.

I have changed my password and even pressed the "Forgot Username" button to get PW to email me my username and it still states I cannot log in. I'm starting to think the invite is not legit.....
  • ishlandir
    ishlandir Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I guess it is expired *if* that is possible. Check through the Knowledge Base or Technical Support zone on the Forums and if you cannot find an awnser there create a ticket to Staff on the Knowledge Base section.
    Ishlandir - Member of Empire - Protector

[SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/117v2ia.png[/SIGPIC]
  • veterandoggy
    veterandoggy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    quickswing wrote: »

And yes, I know what "phishing" is! :)

phishing (ˈfɪʃɪŋ)

the practice of using fraudulent e-mails and copies of legitimate websites to extract financial data from computer users for purposes of identity theft

I didn't see any links in that email asking you to enter your account or bank information, so no you don't know what phishing means. unless you meant fishing.
  • crabclaw
    crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    It's a legitimate email. Also, make sure you're trying to log in to the correct account, if in this case you are posting under a different name than you log in with.

If you have further difficulties, please submit a ticket to customer support.

https://support.perfectworld.com
This discussion has been closed.