Discuss/Post Assassin Builds

ipeonrocks1
ipeonrocks1 Posts: 175 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Assassin Discussion
Hey guys, I was browsing the class forums earlier and noticed a thread in some that discussed people's builds in closed beta. I thought it would be nice for my fellow assassins (or at least future fellow assassins) to discuss what builds have been working for them and what builds they currently have.

Discuss whether your build is focused on PvP or PvE and why you chose it. Feel free to comment on each other's builds but please don't make this into a flame war.

I'm currently not in Closed Beat 1 so I'm still planning out what I might do. I'm thinking of going full Shadow but I'm still not sure.

I'll need somebody to start off this thread :P
Post edited by ipeonrocks1 on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IGN: Gob
Race: Human
Class: Warrior

Comments

• blindedinchains
    blindedinchains Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I haven't got a build actually. I'm just trying things out. The only thing I know is that I'm going full Edge, because of the crits. :'D

So I could use some help.
  • pascalvis
    pascalvis Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I haven't got a build actually. I'm just trying things out. The only thing I know is that I'm going full Edge, because of the crits. :'D

So I could use some help.

Edge.. is for crit? so.. would that make you more pvp or more pve?
    because i thought shadow would be mroe for pvp..?
  • blindedinchains
    blindedinchains Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    pascalvis wrote: »
    Edge.. is for crit? so.. would that make you more pvp or more pve?
    because i thought shadow would be mroe for pvp..?

That's kinda my problem. I thought Shadow was for pvp, Venom for pve (because it's just a three based on attack power) and Edge was still blanco for me. :'D
    I still have to figure out some things, I srsly have no clue what some talent three-skills do. X
    D
  • friedfrenzy5
    friedfrenzy5 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    This is the path I'd take as a full Shadow Assassin.

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=assassin&r=kin&b=t3a15a25b13b23c13c24d12d23d34e22e33f14f31g12g44h11h22h32i13i23j22

I've been considering taking other paths, but this is what I like the most at the moment. Depending on how Phase 2 goes my opinion might change, but I'm strong on full shadow @ the moment.
  • marigios
    marigios Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I am also focusing the Edge Tree.
    maybe i will combine the venom tree later for the attack power skills.

just a thought of me...

still waiting for the 24th november to try it out.
  • ipeonrocks1
    edited November 2010
    This is the path I'd take as a full Shadow Assassin.

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=assassin&r=kin&b=t3a15a25b13b23c13c24d12d23d34e22e33f14f31g12g44h11h22h32i13i23j22

I've been considering taking other paths, but this is what I like the most at the moment. Depending on how Phase 2 goes my opinion might change, but I'm strong on full shadow @ the moment.

I'm thinking about doing something very similar. It's tough to see what I'm going to do since I don't know the skills and I'm to lazy to look them up.

Just curious, but how has your PK experience been so far?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • souldriver9
    souldriver9 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Shadow tree is without a question a pvp build and egde is I'm pretty sure for both pvp and pve since it's mostly just increase crit damage which is good for both pve and pvp
    ( as long you build your gear with full crits chance increase becuase if you haven't notice it there no crit chance increase stat in edge)

For now I don't see venom usefull at all as far I can see now ..it may change later at higher lvl but so far I don't see why take this tree over edge.
    True that it increase your normall overall damage and edge is totally depanted on your crit chance but allot of the venom tree is depanted on DOT (damage over time) and so far I don't know ( don't see) if the damage over time increase with your lvl/gear becuase if it doesn't then I don't see this tree being taken over edge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawke18
    hawke18 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Personally I don't see what's so appealing about shadow for PvP. A lot of talents that give speed boosts, evasion, accuracy. Ok so it won't get kited as easily. But it lacks the damage output of both edge and venom and what are sins without great spike damage.

The choice of venom vs edge is whether you like more damage (venom) or more disables (edge). Venom's damage has less to do with the DoTs and more to do with its ability to more easily get agony orbs which boost finisher damage by 60% and lower defence/resistance.
  • ipeonrocks1
    edited November 2010
    hawke18 wrote: »
    Personally I don't see what's so appealing about shadow for PvP. A lot of talents that give speed boosts, evasion, accuracy. Ok so it won't get kited as easily. But it lacks the damage output of both edge and venom and what are sins without great spike damage.

The choice of venom vs edge is whether you like more damage (venom) or more disables (edge). Venom's damage has less to do with the DoTs and more to do with its ability to more easily get agony orbs which boost finisher damage by 60% and lower defence/resistance.

A lot of CN players went full shadow with their sins and apparently it turned out to be best for PvP. I might try both with two different assassins just to see which I prefer. Here is the best blade build that I have found.

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=assassin&r=kin&b=t2a25b22b34c24c33d31d43e12e23f13f23f33g13g23h22h32i13i22j13j22t3a15
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kazekagegaara88
    kazekagegaara88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Shadow tree has a chance to make throat seal and the other skill have no cooldown. I guess evading hits until that proc happens it the shadow tree, but i think a hybrid of shadow/edge is pretty good.
    Working on a new sig with pretty photoshop :3
  • hawke18
    hawke18 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Shadow tree has a chance to make throat seal and the other skill have no cooldown. I guess evading hits until that proc happens it the shadow tree, but i think a hybrid of shadow/edge is pretty good.

No cooldown on those skills for 1 use. Which isn't that useful tbh. The assassin's power comes from its finishers. All the other skills just build up the orbs. There's enough of those skills which already have pretty short cooldowns to just alternate between them. For example, to me, there isn't much difference between using throat seal -> gouge -> throat seal and throat seal -> throat seal -> throat seal.
  • quo13
    quo13 Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2010

100% agree with this. The talents in shadow near endgame isn't worth it pvp wise, though they can be helpful pking.P.s. This is only my opinion and no one can be too sure until we've reached the game's lvl cap or atleast close enough to it to see the skills in action.
    My hybrid Edge/Shadow build (the points in Ghost Shadow are meant for Assassin Mastery)
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=assassin&r=kin&b=t2a25b13b32c14c24d13e12e33f13f23g13h12h21t3a15a24b12b22c13c24e33
    [SIGPIC]There is no good or evil, only power and those too weak to seek it. [/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of Black Card Nation
    IGNs: Kikazu ~ Yasashi
    Classes: Assassin ~ Priest
    Lvl: Doesn't matter atm
  • darkzfieryx
    darkzfieryx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    thanks for all the builds, guys. I am new to this game.. and very interested in going sin for my main..
    I quite like the idea of full shadow.. :D

Hope to see y'all xDD
    IGN: DarkzFieryx
    Race: Kindred
    Class: Assassin
  • endemy75
    endemy75 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i was thinking to try an hybrid based on the fast chain of skill and minimum def to avoid hard moment.

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=assassin&r=kin&b

it s an 16/14/31 build only based on reducing cooldown and fast strike then hide in shadow , no def only attack based.

working really good when u get the level 50 skill