Best PvP Assassin?

ipeonrocks1
ipeonrocks1 Posts: 175 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Assassin Discussion
I was just wondering how to make the best out of your assassin for PvP. Before anybody flames me and says I didn't use the search, I haven't found exactly what I needed so I decided to make a thread that includes all my questions. Also please keep in mind that since closed beta is out I expect people to be answering these questions off their experiences and not off assumptions.

Human or Kindred? I had thoughts about going human just because there would be too much Kindred but now I really don't care. Which race provides the assassin better racial skills for solo pking?

Shadow, Edge, or Venom? Iv'e heard that full shadow is best in solo pk because of the extra evasion, but from reading threads, some people say edge is better because of the damage and crits. Can anyone tell me from their experience in closed beta?

Useful tactics? Lastly, to anyone who has experience with pking with assassin in closed beta, what tactics have proved to be helpful for you? What classes should we avoid, and are we useless in mass pk?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my questions.
Post edited by ipeonrocks1 on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IGN: Gob
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
«1

Comments

  • hawke18
    hawke18 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Personally I like edge for PvP. Edge has more focus on control skills like slow/silence/stun while venom has more focus on flat out spike damage. Shadow I'm not too sure about. A lot of focus on stealth/evasion I guess.

    The main problem I see with assassin is that your main power comes from your finishing skills which only achieve their maximum effect after you've collected 4 orbs. So you have to spend some time using your basic skills to build up power first. Only thing is you're melee and squishy and you really don't want to be exposed for too long and you want to avoid being kited while building up those orbs as much as possible.

    Edge makes it easier for you to get those blast orbs that allow your finishers to slow and silence. Your basic blast orb gaining skills stun on crit making it harder to kite you. Once you start using your finishers, you can pretty much keep them slowed/silenced most of the time.
  • rqconvulsion
    rqconvulsion Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hawke18 wrote: »
    Personally I like edge for PvP. Edge has more focus on control skills like slow/silence/stun while venom has more focus on flat out spike damage. Shadow I'm not too sure about. A lot of focus on stealth/evasion I guess.

    The main problem I see with assassin is that your main power comes from your finishing skills which only achieve their maximum effect after you've collected 4 orbs. So you have to spend some time using your basic skills to build up power first. Only thing is you're melee and squishy and you really don't want to be exposed for too long and you want to avoid being kited while building up those orbs as much as possible.

    Edge makes it easier for you to get those blast orbs that allow your finishers to slow and silence. Your basic blast orb gaining skills stun on crit making it harder to kite you. Once you start using your finishers, you can pretty much keep them slowed/silenced most of the time.

    This. Human is the only real race anyone should BE EVER. Edge and shadow are both viable, though I like edge more but I know alot of CN people play shadow.
    Convulsion BEST PLAYER ON THE SERVER!
  • ipeonrocks1
    ipeonrocks1 Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    This. Human is the only real race anyone should BE EVER. Edge and shadow are both viable, though I like edge more but I know alot of CN people play shadow.

    Can you please explain how a Human assassin is better than a Kindred assassin?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Gob
    Race: Human
    Class: Warrior
  • pricy12
    pricy12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Can you please explain how a Human assassin is better than a Kindred assassin?

    He might think human assassin stronger because their race skill dispels sleep/stun/etc and if your stuck as an assassin you'll get picked and killed very quickly, and he might think the hp leach for kindred not worth it with the dps already for the assassin, (not in cb1 so don't know the hp leeach amount) so maybe that's why he's suggesting human assassin

    p.s just assumptions sorry to convulision if I got it completely wrong ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Sig created by gajamie ><
  • ipeonrocks1
    ipeonrocks1 Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    pricy12 wrote: »
    He might think human assassin stronger because their race skill dispels sleep/stun/etc and if your stuck as an assassin you'll get picked and killed very quickly, and he might think the hp leach for kindred not worth it with the dps already for the assassin, (not in cb1 so don't know the hp leeach amount) so maybe that's why he's suggesting human assassin

    p.s just assumptions sorry to convulision if I got it completely wrong ><

    Ive heard that Kindred get a three second silence at level 30 which could help...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Gob
    Race: Human
    Class: Warrior
  • pricy12
    pricy12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Ive heard that Kindred get a three second silence at level 30 which could help...

    yeah that would help a lot, see my prefence was always kindred for assassin because I think I want to kill the player before he even has the chance to stun me and stuff, however that was my tactic in PWI and might be drastically different from FW due to assassin in pwi being OP when I was playing

    p.s can anyone please clarify this. Can assassin take out those generally squishy classes in a few hits before they know they were even getting hit? similar to PWI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Sig created by gajamie ><
  • muhammed7
    muhammed7 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    pricy12 wrote: »
    He might think human assassin stronger because their race skill dispels sleep/stun/etc and if your stuck as an assassin you'll get picked and killed very quickly, and he might think the hp leach for kindred not worth it with the dps already for the assassin, (not in cb1 so don't know the hp leeach amount) so maybe that's why he's suggesting human assassin

    p.s just assumptions sorry to convulision if I got it completely wrong ><

    i don't have that hp leeching u r talking about ,as of a lvl 30 assassin but i do remember i had that skill in early 10 lvls donno wut happened to it though
    May Peace Be Upon You
  • firehalt
    firehalt Posts: 33
    edited November 2010
    hope there good in Pvp...
  • muhammed7
    muhammed7 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    muhammed7 wrote: »
    i don't have that hp leeching u r talking about ,as of a lvl 30 assassin but i do remember i had that skill in early 10 lvls donno wut happened to it though

    any 1 happens to know wut iam saying ? cuz iam finding that weird , that i dont have that racial skill
    May Peace Be Upon You
  • hawke18
    hawke18 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    muhammed7 wrote: »
    any 1 happens to know wut iam saying ? cuz iam finding that weird , that i dont have that racial skill

    You should have gotten it when you lost the initial skill. Check your skills list and see if it's there.
  • muhammed7
    muhammed7 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hawke18 wrote: »
    You should have gotten it when you lost the initial skill. Check your skills list and see if it's there.

    nothing but my assassin skills , cooking and alchemy isnt working either , and my mana leech from my skill tree isnt working also
    May Peace Be Upon You
  • hawke18
    hawke18 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    muhammed7 wrote: »
    nothing but my assassin skills , cooking and alchemy isnt working either , and my mana leech from my skill tree isnt working also

    Post a screen of your skills list. Otherwise nothing much we can do.
  • muhammed7
    muhammed7 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hawke18 wrote: »
    Post a screen of your skills list. Otherwise nothing much we can do.

    here's wut u want , but iam telling u iam not that kind of newbies that doesnt know his skills nor can read a description :)

    http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/5952/20101127184313.jpg
    May Peace Be Upon You
  • hawke18
    hawke18 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Vampiric Kiss is the kindred racial skill.
  • muhammed7
    muhammed7 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hawke18 wrote: »
    Vampiric Kiss is the kindred racial skill.

    man common , i been asking / saying i had the skill they were talking about in early posts , that skill is the life steal one that lasts for 10 seconds , i had it till lvl 5 , and i been asking about that skill , don't tell me vampiric kiss is there and it's the racial skill cuz that's not wut iam asking about ::))

    thnx anyway
    May Peace Be Upon You
  • hawke18
    hawke18 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    muhammed7 wrote: »
    man common , i been asking / saying i had the skill they were talking about in early posts , that skill is the life steal one that lasts for 10 seconds , i had it till lvl 5 , and i been asking about that skill , don't tell me vampiric kiss is there and it's the racial skill cuz that's not wut iam asking about ::))

    thnx anyway

    The skill you're talking about, the one that lifesteals with each hit, is replaced by vampiric kiss very early on. Vampiric kiss is the kindred racial skill. It lifesteals 15% of your HP in a single hit and that's the skill everyone has been talking about in this thread. Capish?
  • muhammed7
    muhammed7 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hawke18 wrote: »
    The skill you're talking about, the one that lifesteals with each hit, is replaced by vampiric kiss very early on. Vampiric kiss is the kindred racial skill. It lifesteals 15% of your HP in a single hit and that's the skill everyone has been talking about in this thread. Capish?


    the skill description doesn't mention anything about the 15% life steal , besides even if it dies have the life steal then it's not working for me

    2nd thing , how it's replaced exactly , i mean that's totally a different buff , and it lasts for 30 m , the other skill was for 10 seconds and it has a life steal component and those 2 skill are worlds apart , it shouldn't really replace it cuz I'd really like the life steal one

    i think i have some serious bugs in my character , wuts capish anyway ?
    May Peace Be Upon You
  • hawke18
    hawke18 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    muhammed7 wrote: »
    the skill description doesn't mention anything about the 15% life steal , besides even if it dies have the life steal then it's not working for me

    2nd thing , how it's replaced exactly , i mean that's totally a different buff , and it lasts for 30 m , the other skill was for 10 seconds and it has a life steal component and those 2 skill are worlds apart , it shouldn't really replace it cuz I'd really like the life steal one

    i think i have some serious bugs in my character , wuts capish anyway ?

    Sigh...

    Read the description of VAMPIRIC KISS not BLESSING OF THE KINDRED. VAMPIRIC KISS is not a buff that lasts 30 min. It's a single target attack skill that drains 15% HP and silences for 3 seconds with 5 min cooldown. BLESSING OF THE KINDRED is a self buff that gives +1%HP, 15 fire and dark mastery and lasts 30 min.

    VAMPIRIC KISS replaces the initial lifesteal skill. It does this because of storyline purposes. Don't ask me why they do it. They don't care that you like the initial skill more. You can't get it back. No one can.
  • muhammed7
    muhammed7 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hawke18 wrote: »
    Sigh...

    Read the description of VAMPIRIC KISS not BLESSING OF THE KINDRED. VAMPIRIC KISS is not a buff that lasts 30 min. It's a single target attack skill that drains 15% HP and silences for 3 seconds with 5 min cooldown. BLESSING OF THE KINDRED is a self buff that gives +1%HP, 15 fire and dark mastery and lasts 30 min.

    VAMPIRIC KISS replaces the initial lifesteal skill. It does this because of storyline purposes. Don't ask me why they do it. They don't care that you like the initial skill more. You can't get it back. No one can.

    >< no need to sigh there , anyway i know vampiric kiss

    still , that's life drain means it has immediate effect , the other skill was cool and nice really would want to have it back over vampiric kiss , cuz the life steal with each hit isn't sth available in every game if u see it that way , programmers and developers should be more aware of that
    May Peace Be Upon You
  • radonx
    radonx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    so wats the AP and HP of the assasin u guyz own..
    just curious...
    Give Respect & Take Respect
  • quo13
    quo13 Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    -back to the original post- I'm not sure about which race is best for pvp but I'll recommend human anyway for the dispelling racial skill. As for talent tree, I think that a hybrid build could end up better for pvp then going with the tree fully. I'vee been playing around with the points alittle and I made a few builds that could work out but since all the skills for Sins haven't been released yet, I'd rather not say it's better than full edge or something.
    [SIGPIC]There is no good or evil, only power and those too weak to seek it. [/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of Black Card Nation
    IGNs: Kikazu ~ Yasashi
    Classes: Assassin ~ Priest
    Lvl: Doesn't matter atm
  • lockjrs
    lockjrs Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    This. Human is the only real race anyone should BE EVER. Edge and shadow are both viable, though I like edge more but I know alot of CN people play shadow.

    Personally i think Kindred Are better in Pvp Because of Vamp Kiss. I am a Lvl 32 Kin Sin I will have to say once i hit 30 Vamp Kiss has saved my **** from people kiting me, But thats my own imo
    Welcome to Anarchy 1999
    :eek:

    IGN:N/A
    Class:Assassin
  • r1dic
    r1dic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Doesn't really make a difference really, the racial is all preference whichever you use they both work. I know that there are specific talents that differ between Kindred and Human, if someone could investigate that it may give a better idea which is better suited for pvp. Other than that it's all about look sand which racial you prefer.

    Oh and muhammad the skill you're talking about is called First Encounter... you only have it up until you do the quest where you bite an NPC. From there you trade First Encounter for Vampiric Kiss. So yes, you lost the skill and got vamp. kiss as the replacement.

    Again folks, remember the racial is a 5 minute skill so it's not like you're going to be spamming it non stop. One nullifies the other one, i.e. kindred vs human sin, kindred does vamp kills, human uses his racial , the silence is gone however I believe the hp drain is still in effect equal to 15% of the human assassins hp.
    IGN: mojo
    Class: Heretic
    Level: XX

    Server: Abyss
    Guild: ---
  • edi
    edi Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    When I started to play this game I took kindred sin. For long time I thought I was wrong. Now I think I made right decision. Human racial skill will help u when u stuned/sleep... Kindred racial skill is more like counter attack and helps lot more. When human use racial skill, he is still open target. Kindred on other way prevent enemie to hit u with skills. Dont forget that sins r like glass canons. They die easy.

    About talents, dont use venom. Dark and edge r both good. Like sumbody said, edge is about controling and dark is about evasion. I started as dark, then changed to edge and Im still the same talent tree. Before lvl50 u will be food for others. Sin starting to shine at lvl50. Wish I can test after that lvl. For example, at lvl50, warriors becomes one of the easiest target u can take down. But on the other hand, mages can give u a lot of problems.

    Gameplay and pvp with Sin r one of the hardest in game. While sum classes can freely spam skills without thinking a lot, u need to have good tactic in pvp or u r dead. I saw lot of ppl r trying to play Sin. I wish them good luck and I think most of them will re-roll in obt. Stealth is rly not OP when lot of classes can easily discover u. And then, u r dead. Would be nice that stealth works in pve, but it isnt. So maybe its time to think about diff class.
  • rayneia
    rayneia Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    edi wrote: »
    But on the other hand, mages can give u a lot of problems.

    Gameplay and pvp with Sin r one of the hardest in game. While sum classes can freely spam skills without thinking a lot, u need to have good tactic in pvp or u r dead.

    I have been playing both a Sin and a Mage as I have always enjoyed both classes in the MMO's I've played. However, so far my Mage is only in the 20's right now and w/o the instant cast skills, I tend to get rocked by Sins. Can you explain in a bit more detail on how you find Mages to be trouble later on?

    Thanks!
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    So many people completely ignore mass PvP as an option and only think about 1v1 fighting. Let's be real. The ONLY time you're guaranteed a 1v1 fight is in a SZ duel. And thats almost nonfactor because everyone wants to use extra rules in dueling, so you're not even getting a real PvP experience out of it. It's okay for practice, but pets and pots are factors of real PvP, and until people understand this and cut the silly duel rules out; duels arent much of a factor.

    Yes it is possible to 1v1 in PKing situations, but how often will it be honestly? A lot of people take that orange name as an open invitation to join the fight. And god help you if you go red-name. Not to mention, people have guilds. And many guilds do in fact zerg. And zerg hard.

    The reason why people like Convulsion and myself, will continue to say that the Human racial is better for PvP is because we have the rare ability to think outside of the friggen box. Not every fight is 1v1, people. In MASS PvP okay sure the kindred might silence ONE person, but has nothing to prevent what the other 5 people in the party start doing to him. On the other hand, the human goes immune to most crowd control effects for 4 seconds, meaning no one in the opposing party can silence, stun, or sleep him for a short period of time. And honestly, sometimes it's just enough to make sure that the assassin actually makes it to the back row to murder the squishies before they get their redhands.


    Kindred racial is advantageous in 1v1 fights, and even in mass PvP it can be a useful to silence the other party's priest for 3 seconds. I'll agree to this, so I'm not saying the Kindred sin isn't any good at mass PvP; because he still has his role too. But now with Lv50 available, more and more people are seeing how crazy powerful the Edge tree is, which frankly means the human sin still has ample ways to stun/silence even without a silencing racial. But what the human has that the kindred doesn't, is a way to prevent an entire group of people from crowd-controlling his **** for a few seconds. Even if its only one time per 5 minutes, you can't ignore how much of an advantage it truly is.

    Human racial is advantageous in all aspects of PvP, while the Kindred one is more for a single-target gank. Sins are already gods at surprise ganking, so you really don't need a racial to do this. Now with your mind open to the above stated fact, you tell me which is better in the grand scheme; and not just in your silly duels.

    My cynicisms aside, the human racial skill is in fact much better for mass PvP. That goes for all you elf warriors and elf priests too. Don't get it twisted, there's some damn pro kindred sins and pro elf warriors, etc. But it doesn't change the fact that the human racial is still more flexible where multiple opponents are concerned.
  • r1dic
    r1dic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ryukage wrote: »
    So many people completely ignore mass PvP as an option and only think about 1v1 fighting. Let's be real. The ONLY time you're guaranteed a 1v1 fight is in a SZ duel. And thats almost nonfactor because everyone wants to use extra rules in dueling, so you're not even getting a real PvP experience out of it. It's okay for practice, but pets and pots are factors of real PvP, and until people understand this and cut the silly duel rules out; duels arent much of a factor.

    Yes it is possible to 1v1 in PKing situations, but how often will it be honestly? A lot of people take that orange name as an open invitation to join the fight. And god help you if you go red-name. Not to mention, people have guilds. And many guilds do in fact zerg. And zerg hard.

    The reason why people like Convulsion and myself, will continue to say that the Human racial is better for PvP is because we have the rare ability to think outside of the friggen box. Not every fight is 1v1, people. In MASS PvP okay sure the kindred might silence ONE person, but has nothing to prevent what the other 5 people in the party start doing to him. On the other hand, the human goes immune to most crowd control effects for 4 seconds, meaning no one in the opposing party can silence, stun, or sleep him for a short period of time. And honestly, sometimes it's just enough to make sure that the assassin actually makes it to the back row to murder the squishies before they get their redhands.


    Kindred racial is advantageous in 1v1 fights, and even in mass PvP it can be a useful to silence the other party's priest for 3 seconds. I'll agree to this, so I'm not saying the Kindred sin isn't any good at mass PvP; because he still has his role too. But now with Lv50 available, more and more people are seeing how crazy powerful the Edge tree is, which frankly means the human sin still has ample ways to stun/silence even without a silencing racial. But what the human has that the kindred doesn't, is a way to prevent an entire group of people from crowd-controlling his **** for a few seconds. Even if its only one time per 5 minutes, you can't ignore how much of an advantage it truly is.

    Human racial is advantageous in all aspects of PvP, while the Kindred one is more for a single-target gank. Sins are already gods at surprise ganking, so you really don't need a racial to do this. Now with your mind open to the above stated fact, you tell me which is better in the grand scheme; and not just in your silly duels.

    My cynicisms aside, the human racial skill is in fact much better for mass PvP. That goes for all you elf warriors and elf priests too. Don't get it twisted, there's some damn pro kindred sins and pro elf warriors, etc. But it doesn't change the fact that the human racial is still more flexible where multiple opponents are concerned.

    +1 well put
    I'd also like to note that twilight is **** which makes kindreds ****... which means if you're not **** you will roll human :)
    IGN: mojo
    Class: Heretic
    Level: XX

    Server: Abyss
    Guild: ---
  • r1dic
    r1dic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    On a side note I think a shadow sin would be best from 1-49 and then respecing to edge at 50 because the crit rate you get form edge is rediculous once you get up there in level.
    IGN: mojo
    Class: Heretic
    Level: XX

    Server: Abyss
    Guild: ---
  • edi
    edi Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    rayneia wrote: »
    I have been playing both a Sin and a Mage as I have always enjoyed both classes in the MMO's I've played. However, so far my Mage is only in the 20's right now and w/o the instant cast skills, I tend to get rocked by Sins. Can you explain in a bit more detail on how you find Mages to be trouble later on?

    Thanks!

    Mages also shines at later lvls. Not on low lvls.

    @r1dic - yes edge tree is for lvl50 cuz u can easily control ur oponent. About mass PvP, yes it is good to have human racial but u r still glass canon which means easy target. With blade of hypnosis u can sleep one unit, with vampiric kiss u can silence other unit and with new finisher u can silence another unit. Yes mass pvp>1vs1 fight. 1vs1 fights have no meaning. My thinking goes like this: if u like to rush in the battle then for sure take human sin cuz most of the time u will get esnared or sleep. But if u playing tactical and not rushing like warrior then its better to be kindred since u will have one more disabling skill. Think we all agree that Sin job is to fast finish target cuz if fight goes on, ur chances to survive goes down rapidly. At present state, evasion is working great. The more u have, the less important what race u r. At higher lvl cap accu will surely kill evasion so there is question, how to be good in fights later on? Will u build around hp,def,crits? The corect answer might give us watching talents that we can take on later lvls. But anyway, Im glad that lvl cap 50 proved to many "I-know-all" ppl (like Febbers) that Sin is not useless. Just my 50 cents.
  • atheistscreed
    atheistscreed Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    r1dic wrote: »
    +1 well put
    I'd also like to note that twilight is **** which makes kindreds ****... which means if you're not **** you will roll human :)

    -1

    I'd also like to note that you're an idiot for making such connections and assumptions... which means if you're not **** you will edit that post :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    lyzzern.deviantart.com