Can Priest Solo Mobs Easy?

asero
asero Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Priest Discussion
i was just wondering, cuz i herd people say healers suck by them selfs and good with party.if its true ill probly quit being a healer:confused::confused:
Post edited by asero on

Comments

• magicbear
    magicbear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    asero... not sure of FW but my cleric in PW was hard to grind with until lvl 50. I will say that being a healer has more pros than cons. As a healer, you are always in demand, invited to every squad out there and get a great feeling for keeping our squad alive. You must learn the other class skills so you know what healer skill and when to use it.
    Once you hit the higher lvls... a healer can be just as deadly as any other class.
    Hope this helps and see you in FW!
  • kerb
    kerb Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I agree with magicbear, based on playing Cleric in PWI as well. When it comes to PvE, I doubt you'll have much of a problem. =)
  • asero
    asero Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    magicbear wrote: »
    asero... not sure of FW but my cleric in PW was hard to grind with until lvl 50. I will say that being a healer has more pros than cons. As a healer, you are always in demand, invited to every squad out there and get a great feeling for keeping our squad alive. You must learn the other class skills so you know what healer skill and when to use it.
    Once you hit the higher lvls... a healer can be just as deadly as any other class.
    Hope this helps and see you in FW!

thank u very much and yeah i know i have a cleric in pw hes level 72 or 73 idk lol i stopped playing it over 3 months ago
  • mei
    mei Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Isn't too hard to level in the early levels if PWE keeps the quest system the same; I hit 12 pretty quickly & that's when I couldn't read or understand what was going on in any of the quests I did.

And what the others say is true.. based on PWI/other mmo experience a lot of times squads fill up quickly until it comes to priest/tank, so if you're one of the two you cut down your own waiting time in half xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The game does focus on team play and seeing that every party will want at least one priest... you won't run into too many problems. Also, you get a pet to aid you in battle so that should add some firepower if you do have to solo.

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • zholat92
    zholat92 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    deathbunny wrote: »
    The game does focus on team play and seeing that every party will want at least one priest... you won't run into too many problems. Also, you get a pet to aid you in battle so that should add some firepower if you do have to solo.

That brought up two questions to my mind. First: Are there Tank pets? Either pets with much health, or even some that can taunt in some kind?
    Second: Can we heal our own pets? Because that would be just awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sovereign - Forsaken World Officer
    >>> Got questions about Sovereign? <<<
    >>> Do you want to be part of us and apply? <<<
    Contact me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Or go directly to: www.sovereign-legion.net
  • hanso
    hanso Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    zholat92 wrote: »
    That brought up two questions to my mind. First: Are there Tank pets? Either pets with much health, or even some that can taunt in some kind?
    Second: Can we heal our own pets? Because that would be just awesome.

basic pet: turtle is meant to be a tank pet and yes you can heal your pet either with spells or pots.
  • traxxes
    traxxes Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    hanso wrote: »
    basic pet: turtle is meant to be a tank pet and yes you can heal your pet either with spells or pots.

sweet.....!!!!!=.=
  • xsurticx
    xsurticx Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Only real exp i've had was healer classes was in Aika and Guild Wars (though GW was entirely team-based) so i hope they play the same as in these games. I don't mind being pure heal/support in dungeons/PvP, but i don't want to take forever to do quests and other PvE stuff solo.
    deathbunny wrote: »

This should make it even easier. I'll probably be taking the one that can do the most damage since i could just heal the pet mostly.
    Ragequit Non-factor
    Kurokona: 40 Priest
  • hijof
    hijof Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    hope they can solo, because I like the facts to heal and do damage
  • ghostlyfox
    ghostlyfox Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'd rather get a wolf pet for attack, you don't really need a tanking pet since you can heal, you lack the demage!
  • xsurticx
    edited October 2010
    I doubt priest is lacking for damage output though. Anyone who thinks a priest can't do damage and can only heal tends to get owned in PvP or outdone by said priests~
    Ragequit Non-factor
  • lovetoon
    lovetoon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    asero wrote: »
    i was just wondering, cuz i herd people say healers suck by them selfs and good with party.if its true ill probly quit being a healer:confused::confused:

They surely don't suck dude,.
    They are the main healer in all classes here in FW,.
    and mainly demanded in any type of events by every class here.

But they cant be good at everything.
    So they balanced the gameplay by creating different classes with each own unique jobs and purposes.
    Officer of ECLIPSE ☆⌒(*^-゚)v
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (。・_・。)σ We're still recruiting, so feel free to stop by and APPLY.

"Immaturity keeps me young" -mychonny (oO,)v
  • xsurticx
    edited October 2010
    ^ What he said.

A class is only as good as the person playing it (to an extent). So if someone says a class sucks, odds are they just suck with the class and should try another.

Healer classes tend to be the easiest to solo with since they have heals and buffs that they almost never need HP pots. yeah, we might blow through more mp pots (unless mp recovers over time or we can 'rest' to regain it), but not as much as some classes that need to use both often.
    This is even more so if the healer class gets an aoe that can be used decently often. (as in a cd of 1 minute or less)
    Ragequit Non-factor
  • minah13
    minah13 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    While healers are always in demand for PvE based things, they aren't too bad by themselves. It really depends on how you play and utilize your skills.
  • knode
    knode Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I play a healer in the CN Beta so thought I would give some input here.

I mostly play solo there and I have had no problems thus far with leveling. Just run around, grab all the quest you can find and knock them out. I could kill things a couple of levels higher than me with little effort.

Also which pet you use doesn't matter as much. Their ability to tank is based on their stats. I had ram and turtle pets that were able to tank in the beginning. And later on you can find different pets of course. I had no problems using a DPS pet to just help bring things down quickly. Most fights I would send in the pet and start casting my snare. It usually lands before the pet can get there and then I just nuked it down. And once I had enough points built up I would go and pull a group of mobs to use my AoE skill on them. I could usually kill around 5+ mobs with this blast.

But the Priest will be needed in all instance groups. The Bard and the Vamp can not act as main healers from what I have seen. Their heals are much smaller but they make good backup healers for situations where you might need some help or healing yourself. But both of those classes bring other utility roles to a group.
    IGN: TBD

Future Priest of Forsaken World
  • jdchaos
    jdchaos Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    i am also in the cn open beta,

I have just hit lvl 35 and have had zero problems leveling. I have actually outleveled one of my protector guildies who started two days before me.

as a priest i can solo elite mobs in their 40s without a problem. my main heal spell heals me for about 55% of my max hp, and i max out my daily instance runs because of all the invites.

i also have gone through about 5 or 6 different pets of all different colors, and it really comes down to a blue pet, not a specific type. Though each pet has a natural master buff that can help you more than others.

you only have 3 heal spells and 3 damage spells which is limiting but if you get the right gear drops you can easily spec right into the role of any class.
  • mei
    edited November 2010
    +1 to jdchaos =P

Should PM me what server you guys are on.. more fun knowing more English speakers ^^;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • whitewishes
    whitewishes Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I was thinking the same thing, but if you do have a pet and just heal it there's no problem .__o it's like venomancer in PWI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eternalechoes
    eternalechoes Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I was thinking the same thing, but if you do have a pet and just heal it there's no problem .__o it's like venomancer in PWI

Exactly.

Pick a good attack pet and heal it. Chances are you might not steal aggro from it. I generally let the pet hit a few times, then I use my auto-attack. Mobs go down fast.
  • mei
    edited November 2010
    So the only thing I've had a problem with so far is this challenge quest at level 40 Q_Q But that's probably only because I'm too lazy to go out and get attack buffs/pots & HP pots so I don't waste time healing myself.. it's a time 5 minute quest where you have to use your 3 attack skills to kill this mob, but you have to use certain skills at certain times (depending on what buff the game gives you). Main reason I've been having a problem is I haven't really been training an attack pet so added damage is minimal, also the cooldowns are a ***** when you're trying to kill this thing with 32490374827 HP and have to time your skills exactly right, when you dont know when the buff's going to change on you >_<

It probably won't be a problem with some attack buffs though... I was very close to killing the thing under the time limit even without ._. Just need a few more tries, sadly CN is down right now for maintenance xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • katarla
    katarla Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Is being a priest good in this game? I wanted to play but wasn't accepted for closed beta :(

If the pets are like how they are in PWI they try to take some time and just go grinding with him. If you want ur pet to catch up to ur level..that will take some work :). Take him to some mobs that will benifit his/her level but not urs. then slowly move ur way up :). Might take some time but might be worth

If you want something, then work your way to it :)

omg they wont let me show smiley faces >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cjm4l
    cjm4l Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Healers are better if they're on a party, and you won't have a problem with this due to high demands in dungeons. If you're going for the party queue as well expect you would get a party fast as it is fixed to have a healer in every party, 1 atleast. If you're talking about soloing mobs it's actually grand on early levels (soloed my way to 30 here in cbt for the non instance quests) but we're yet to find out as the cap increases or when OBT comes.