New players after second wave of invitations for phase 1

13»

Comments

• frozenpowa
    frozenpowa Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i had redeemed my beta key for forsaken world 3 days ago and i wasnt able to log in now i checked again and i stil cant log in why cant i log in ? anybody know something i have overlooked?
  • douane91
    douane91 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    pdubs wrote: »
    Well I've been in since the first wave of phase 1 and I can tell you that there are a LOT more people in the starting areas right now than there were a few days ago.

You honestly think that the number people who comment in this thread with their registration date is an accurate representation of the number of people who got in?

Wake up.

Just be glad they're letting more and more people in gradually. They COULD have just waited until Phase 2 to let more people in, like MOST OTHER Closed Betas. But no, they're running a ridiculous number of contests and giving people more opportunities to get in.

Crabs should just close this thread. It's pointless. No matter how much logic I try to use, someone's just going to flame me not because of the content of my post, but because they themselves are not in Phase 1.

most, if not all cbts don't have phases. and if they do, such as alpha testing, they don't give away thousands of beta keys just to get your hopes up that you will actually get in the game at the testing phase and just let a quarter of it in the game. imo pwi should've just give a definite number of keys every phase. like for example: they will give away 1000 keys for phase 1, then another on phase 2. that way no one will QQ "i registered a beta key, i should be playing!!!". if they did that there would be no confusion and pwi didn't have to apologize since if you got no beta key, you can't get in.

if i don't get selected for phase 2, i'll just play to test LOMA
  • madampewpew
    madampewpew Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well I've been in since the first wave of phase 1 and I can tell you that there are a LOT more people in the starting areas right now than there were a few days ago.

You honestly think that the number people who comment in this thread with their registration date is an accurate representation of the number of people who got in?

Wake up.

Just be glad they're letting more and more people in gradually. They COULD have just waited until Phase 2 to let more people in, like MOST OTHER Closed Betas. But no, they're running a ridiculous number of contests and giving people more opportunities to get in.

Crabs should just close this thread. It's pointless. No matter how much logic I try to use, someone's just going to flame me not because of the content of my post, but because they themselves are not in Phase 1.

We agree on something, the part about "running a ridiculous number of contests", indeed.

And no need to inform about the hows and ways other gaming companies run beta's, we've been around computer gaming since 81. We will be in the Open Beta, without the humiliation that seems to be attached to all the contests you mentioned. We redeemed a beta key, from an invitation sent to us thru PWE, but have not to this date had that invitation honored. If you were fortunate enough to have had yours honored, lucky you. You probably do have a different perspective. Open Beta will let us in, without all the other BS. Its not the so called QQ, its a fact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your lips move, but I can't hear what your saying.
  • angelicmuse
    angelicmuse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Wake up.

It's easy to say such things as someone who was lucky enough to get in. But for the ones (myself and my hubby included) who've had beta keys since the beginning - of course they are upset. As the first redeemers - we all should've got into Phase 1 with no random selection. But, since they chose to go this route, PWE has to suck it up and deal with all the opinions and upset people who are making their feelings known on the forums. In the end, that's what the forums are for - to have opinions and feelings heard.
    frozenpowa wrote: »
    i had redeemed my beta key for forsaken world 3 days ago and i wasnt able to log in now i checked again and i stil cant log in why cant i log in ? anybody know something i have overlooked?

Your key wasn't selected in the random selection they have done so far. You'll have to keep waiting and hoping to get into Phase 2 or 3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lloudl
    lloudl Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Arg, I've just checked my inbox and... no mail :/
    A bit disapointed, but that's life.
    I'm really in a hurry to test that game ^^
    Mataku - Jadeon 3X
  • sealwolfy
    sealwolfy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Just wondering why they can't let everyone in? Is it because their server can't handle the load?
  • madampewpew
    madampewpew Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    sealwolfy wrote: »
    Just wondering why they can't let everyone in? Is it because their server can't handle the load?

Would probably take an official to answer questions regarding the server, but I personally believe 1 of the main reasons would be holding contests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your lips move, but I can't hear what your saying.
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    sealwolfy wrote: »

Yeah thats why, believe crab said it before b/c sever could take the load plus it wouldn't be called close beta if everyone got it....it would be called open beta.

When mmos are being developed a close beta is a must.
    Look what happen to ff14 close beta ,open beta, than 2 weeks later game come out and fail shareholders drop out SE increase trial time to get/keep more players. Bomb As you can see PWE is learning from the competition

-bugs/glitches need to be fix
    -localized
    -suggestions taken

all of these can't be fix/find in a open beta appropriately so close beta is a must to fix this stuff in a timely matter.
  • mei
    mei Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Problem is a good chunk of the CBP1 aren't there to test ._.
    To be fair, though, I've seen great threads from some of the CBP1 testers, but there should still be more than 200 threads even if each individual never made new threads and only updated their own thread with new bugs that they found -.-

And there has never been the need to release a crapload of keys at the get-go, then tell people WHOOPS! Sorry, we're having phases and doing random draws for them. That is a mistake that I hope PWE has learned from and will never, ever make again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • douane91
    edited November 2010
    katozuma wrote: »
    Yeah thats why, believe crab said it before b/c sever could take the load plus it wouldn't be called close beta if everyone got it....it would be called open beta.

When mmos are being developed a close beta is a must.
    Look what happen to ff14 close beta ,open beta, than 2 weeks later game come out and fail shareholders drop out SE increase trial time to get/keep more players. Bomb As you can see PWE is learning from the competition

-bugs/glitches need to be fix
    -localized
    -suggestions taken

all of these can't be fix/find in a open beta appropriately so close beta is a must to fix this stuff in a timely matter.
    i don't believe that they couldn't handle the load. if they couldn't then they shouldn't have sent so many beta keys in the first place. and come on, when boi was on cbt the amount of people playing was way more than the amount of people playing fw cbt right now so i definitely doubt that fw/pwi wouldn't be able to handle it.

and no, it wouldn't be called an open beta because you had to have a beta key, which was finite in number(only more than what they would let in). open betas are obviously open to the public and more likely the release. the beta keys are the means to restrict player population. so no, even if everybody who registered a key was able to play, it would still be called a closed beta test
  • douane91
    edited November 2010
    mei wrote: »

And there has never been the need to release a crapload of keys at the get-go, then tell people WHOOPS! Sorry, we're having phases and doing random draws for them. That is a mistake that I hope PWE has learned from and will never, ever make again.

true. i really hope they don't do this to LOMA.
  • pensri
    pensri Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    cryt wrote: »
    I was chosen. Registration was 4/11/10.

thats intresting 0o because i registered a month before you...
  • pensri
    pensri Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    douane91 wrote: »
    true. i really hope they don't do this to LOMA.

I got accepted into loma yesterday check your email XD
  • douane91
    edited November 2010
    pensri wrote: »
    I got accepted into loma yesterday check your email XD

which email was it?when i registered for the cbt i automatically recieved an email with the beta key, then they sent me an invitation yesterday cause i was a part of kung foo cbt. the title was Kung Foo!Makes a Comeback with Gold Prizes for you!

oh and with the registration thing, i registered for fw on april 8 but didn't help me to get to phase 1(the date was based on the email pwi sent me upon applying for cbt)
This discussion has been closed.