look my lvl

darkhawk666
darkhawk666 Posts: 478 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Suggestion Box
why others can check my lvl just by clicking on my character?
why they dont ask me at least?, they can check my horoscope in party lol
why they have access to such important information?
I mean lol dunno about you guys but if it's me, the level and horoscope should be private information and should not be showed to others when they click on my character,
the player should decide about share or not that information with anyone he or she whants, that makes the game and people lot more fun, adds a fee of mystery
to each player also the important information of each player.
Post edited by darkhawk666 on
[SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img10/3238/illuminatiiz.jpg[/SIGPIC]
youtube.com/watch?v=LvEFQdQhXbE
"Loftiness"
Guild: illuminati
Site: exalted.foroslatin.com
Main: Deathbender
"Ad augusta per angusta"

Comments

• mrdominion
    mrdominion Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    LOL.

Why would you want to hide such trivial things?

You forgot, they can also check your equipment by clicking info.

But why would you be ashamed for what you are? Let's say you're level 16, you want to hide that? What the hell? lol.
  • jesira
    jesira Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I don't follow either. Your horoscope isn't private, if you don't want people knowing your real one than don't put your real one in on your characters....As far as level goes um..well I don't get it, I personally would rather have that info open it'll make it easier for grouping situations.
  • shadowelmi
    shadowelmi Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    jesira wrote: »
    easier for grouping situations.

For a lot of people, this translate to "being elitist and treat people like a number".
    I agree with OP for hiding these info. The game is open PvP this would just allow people to find it much easier to find easy win. They can always judge the strength of someone by their location, monster that person is fighting, etc. there is no need to make it more obvious.
    Current preference: markswoman (21%); vampiress (19%); witch (15%); femme fatale (13%); bellatrix (12%); priestess (10%); trobairitz (9%); big-ugly-rock (1%) (disclaimer: word taken from dictionary and not necessary accurate)
  • insy2k
    insy2k Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    WTF? This is probably the strangest thread I've read in my whole MMO time...
    I can just agree to the posts of jesira and mrdominion. Why would you want to hide your level? You often need to know the level of ppl for parties or such.
    About your horoscope: I hope you are kidding... "private, important information"

LoL'd hard :D

Edit: Ok, shadowelmi has a point there. But if someone will be stupid enough to think s/he can judge a player by its level, he will often have a great awakening especially when fighting good players. And as he also said: you can judge the strengh anyway by looking at equipment/location/mobs... so why not show the level? On the other side new players would have problems to calculate the strengh of their enemy when those are running around in lowlevel gear and we wouldnt have the level showing. Thats also a thing we should think about in this case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eiledon
    eiledon Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    he may be one of those people who likes to put on lower level gear and go about pking and dueling in lowbie areas so he can own people and stretch his epeen while pretending to be lower level than he is. anything that prevents that sort of behaviour is good by me.

I have run across a few of those in my time in PWI.
  • darkhawk666
    edited November 2010
    insy2k wrote: »
    WTF? This is probably the strangest thread I've read in my whole MMO time...
    I can just agree to the posts of jesira and mrdominion. Why would you want to hide your level? You often need to know the level of ppl for parties or such.
    About your horoscope: I hope you are kidding... "private, important information"

LoL'd hard :D

You often need to know the level of ppl for parties or such
    estimated level of the player according to their armor no need to show the the exact level

Why would you want to hide your level?

hidden lvl: strategy, spying, disguised people, protection against threats,
    ambush, *privacity*

do you know how affects horoscope in parties, drops, marriage?
    "Loftiness"
    "Ad augusta per angusta"
  • insy2k
    insy2k Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hidden lvl: strategy, spying, disguised people, protection against threats,
    ambush, *privacity*

"spying, disguised people"
    eiledon wrote: »
    he may be one of those people who likes to put on lower level gear and go about pking and dueling in lowbie areas so he can own people and stretch his epeen while pretending to be lower level than he is. anything that prevents that sort of behaviour is good by me.

Nothing more to say...

Edit: Maybe if I format it like this it's more likely to be understood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skyepersona
    skyepersona Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    eiledon wrote: »

I have run across a few of those in my time in PWI.

Your signature is hilarious. Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkhawk666
    edited November 2010
    lol they know more about you when they see your lvl and horoscope don't you get it? that is worse than this :
    insy2k wrote: »
    "spying, disguised people"
    Nothing more to say...
    "Loftiness"
    "Ad augusta per angusta"
  • iamdoll
    iamdoll Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    What's wrong with having your level seen? If a pker wants to kill lowbies, he would search for them in low-level areas. If it's someone dueling lower-leveled players, you can always decline. Oh and the constellation, that's even worse. What would knowing your constellation do? I see no problem with it. Having your levels seen, as stated above, greatly makes partying up easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkhawk666
    edited November 2010
    iamdoll wrote: »
    What's wrong with having your level seen? If a pker wants to kill lowbies, he would search for them in low-level areas. If it's someone dueling lower-leveled players, you can always decline. Oh and the constellation, that's even worse. What would knowing your constellation do? I see no problem with it. Having your levels seen, as stated above, greatly makes partying up easier.

ohh I already told a lot lol i will not tell you more about hun ^,..,^ btw just whated suggest this to make the game a bit more fun, not to explain how, i think is a good idea and makes game way more fun, also i think pwe haven't much to lose on the contrary they could sell character lvl identify scrolls or something like that and earn more money in fun yus x3
    "Loftiness"
    "Ad augusta per angusta"
  • iamdoll
    edited November 2010

ohh I already told a lot lol i will not tell you more about hun ^,..,^ just whated suggest this to make this a bit more fun, i think pwe haven't much to lose on the contrary they could sell lvl identify scrolls or something like that and earn more money yus x3

Yes, you've told a lot. None that answers the question of what's wrong with keeping things the way they are. You want to hide levels to be used for "strategy", which means fooling people into thinking you're a lowbie? Are you thinking of putting on low-level equips and dueling lowbies? That would make the game more fun? Oh, and selling scrolls to know someone's level? Oh well, it's your opinion. How unpractical your suggestions are makes it seem like you're trolling though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkhawk666
    edited November 2010
    Yes, you've told a lot. None that answers the question of what's wrong with keeping things the way they are.

seems "things the way they are" is know everything about people who you party with ^,..,^
    You want to hide Levels to be Used for "strategy", Which Means fooling people Into thinking you're a lowbie? Are you thinking of putting on low-level equips and dueling lowbies? That Would make the game more fun? Oh, and selling scrolls to know someone's level? Oh well, it's your opinion

no isn't my opinion is my suggestion...

How unpractical your suggestions are makes it seem like you're trolling though.

watch your mouth

Oh well, it's your opinion, How unpractical your suggestions, makes it seem like you're trolling

first my opinion, then my suggestion, then i trolling uhh i dont see your point...
    "Loftiness"
    "Ad augusta per angusta"
  • shadowelmi
    edited November 2010
    Hiding level at all time serve a lot of purpose:
    -To deter PKer. The PKer find it hard to tell the difference between a lowbie in low level area and a highbie baiting them in low level area.
    -To make the community better by detering elitist: people will be judged by their performance rather than some number.
    -And plenty of other small things....
    -Also, showing level make no sense. Level is an abstraction of power, not part of the power itself. There is no sensible explanation as to why people can see your power.
    Hiding horoscope:
    -If hiding or showing it does not matter gameplaywise, then why show it? Again. no explanation of why someone would be able to see your power.
    Hiding equipment:
    -Similar reason to hiding level.
    Current preference: markswoman (21%); vampiress (19%); witch (15%); femme fatale (13%); bellatrix (12%); priestess (10%); trobairitz (9%); big-ugly-rock (1%) (disclaimer: word taken from dictionary and not necessary accurate)
  • gameboo
    gameboo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    why others can check my lvl just by clicking on my character?
    why they dont ask me at least?, they can check my horoscope in party lol
    why they have access to such important information?
    I mean lol dunno about you guys but if it's me, the level and horoscope should be private information and should not be showed to others when they click on my character,
    the player should decide about share or not that information with anyone he or she whants, that makes the game and people lot more fun, adds a fee of mystery
    to each player also the important information of each player.

why do you alway's type in black? do you think it's cool to be different? just like everyone else?

and seeing a player's lv is not that a big a deal. just means when your an end game lv u can look at the low lv's and jajajajajaja at there low lv. [well that's what i do on eso anyway]

o wait now i get it you like to be Mysterious well hunny i got new's for ya this is the internet and probably not the best place to try and hide. people can find out about other's easily if there not perma idiot's.
    Earth ~ Yggdrasil
    guildfabulous.freeforums.biz
    Closed beta is nothing to sing and dance about.
  • iamdoll
    edited November 2010
    seems "things the way they are" is know everything about people who you party with ^,..,^

first my opinion, then my suggestion, then i trolling uhh i dont see your point...

What's wrong with knowing everything about who you party with? Would you rather party with an unknown player? Your opinion would be that your suggestions will make the game better, but if you can't logically relate opinions and suggestions through that sentence structure, then reasoning with you is useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadowelmi
    edited November 2010
    What's wrong with knowing everything about who you party with? Would you rather party with an unknown player? Your opinion would be that your suggestions will make the game better, but if you can't logically relate opinions and suggestions through that sentence structure, then reasoning with you is useless.

By your logic the game should tell people your age, address, real name and amount spent on CS too, since it's part of knowing everything about who you party with.
  • iamdoll
    edited November 2010
    shadowelmi wrote: »
    By your logic the game should tell people your age, address, real name and amount spent on CS too, since it's part of knowing everything about who you party with.

He was clearly referring to level, equipment and the character's date of birth. You should know everything in certain discussions don't always mean everything, it doesn't need to be spelled out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkhawk666
    edited November 2010

Your comment is not a contribution to the thread, and so far you haven't given reasonable down or arguments, just questions that shadowelmi and me have answered, so i dont see your point when you said
    "then reasoning with you is useless" when the only thing you have done here is ask and saying your opinion about me trolling...
    "Loftiness"
    "Ad augusta per angusta"
  • iamdoll
    edited November 2010
    I mean lol dunno about you guys but if it's me

You're asking what others think about having your level seen, etc. But by stating my view on the subject, which happens to disagree with your suggestion, I'm not contributing? You don't want others' views, you want them to agree with you. Sorry for bothering then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrdominion
    edited November 2010
    so i dont see your point when you said
    "then reasoning with you is useless" when the only thing you have done here is ask and saying your opinion about me trolling...

LOL.

What are you, blind? You can't freakin see anything. That, or you're mentally incapacitated. Because when stated that you're trolling, it was clearly a metaphor on how ridiculous your suggestion is, not you literally trolling.
  • darkhawk666
    edited November 2010
    mrdominion wrote: »
    LOL.

What are you, blind? You can't freakin see anything. That, or you're mentally incapacitated. Because when stated that you're trolling, it was clearly a metaphor on how ridiculous your suggestion is, not you literally trolling.

dude before you say that i think you should read something before...
    back to topic please.
    "Loftiness"
    "Ad augusta per angusta"
  • mrdominion
    edited November 2010
    dude before you say that i think you should read something before...

Totally. I know that you trolling was a metaphor and I quoted your posts because I didn't read the previous pages(in case you don't get it, this is irony).

I've read everything and that is how it appears to me. Dude, stop making yourself look bad.

Edit: Yes, back to topic. Make sure you understand everything that everyone has to post, so you can respond properly. This is your thread afterall.
  • darkhawk666
    edited November 2010
    mrdominion wrote: »
    Totally. I know that you trolling was a metaphor and I quoted your posts because I didn't read the previous pages(in case you don't get it, this is irony).

I've read everything and that is how it appears to me. Dude, stop making yourself look bad.

Edit: Yes, back to topic. Make sure you understand everything that everyone has to post, so you can respond properly. This is your thread afterall.

yeah as you say Mr unknown... back to topic please ^,..,^
    "Loftiness"
    "Ad augusta per angusta"
  • shadowelmi
    edited November 2010
    @iamdoll: I know "everything" does not means literally everything. But I was not talking about that at all. In fact, you can replace "everything" with "information that are relevant to gameplay" and my point still apply. If "everything" meant "everything the OP was talking about" then you failed to explain why what the OP was talking about is so special that your argument only apply to it and nothing else.
  • shadowedlight
    shadowedlight Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I've read all three pages of this thread, and I can't say I've seen a single real reason as to why the game shouldn't show level other than "elitists" and "I wanna gank noobs".
    Personally, I haven't had much a problem with elitists, and if someone gives you **** for being a low level, you just don't party with them. Or you own them, and then you don't party with them. Regardless of your level being displayed, you're going to meet people who will treat you like you know nothing and they know everything. I agree with the other posters, showing your level helps you party with others, and find a duel partner who's close to your own level. 80's ganking 30's is lame.

As for the horoscope, I don't see why they would show it, or why it's bad to show it. Even if it does influence your benefits and droprate, people will not party with some JUST because they're gemini or something, and it won't affect your ability to find a party. No one's said why showing horoscope is a bad thing. What's the harm?
  • kaosdragonlance
    kaosdragonlance Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I think its actually better that you can see peoples lvl and gear.
    if you want to spy on people for whatever idiotic reason you can just make a new low lvl character.
    I actually have more problems with lowbies acting like they know everything then Elitist.
    usually if I'm a low lvl and I'm around high lvls they either offer to help me out or just ignore me.
    i like knowing knowing peoples lvls since then I will can sometimes tell if they have never been in a certain instance before and know to warn them about stuff or vice versa.

I like knowing peoples gears because you don't want a tank with **** gears especially if this is like pwi and it is possible to get gear that is worse then and npc's.
    my words are my sword and shield
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I've read all three pages of this thread, and I can't say I've seen a single real reason as to why the game shouldn't show level other than "elitists" and "I wanna gank noobs".
    Personally, I haven't had much a problem with elitists, and if someone gives you **** for being a low level, you just don't party with them. Or you own them, and then you don't party with them. Regardless of your level being displayed, you're going to meet people who will treat you like you know nothing and they know everything. I agree with the other posters, showing your level helps you party with others, and find a duel partner who's close to your own level. 80's ganking 30's is lame.

As for the horoscope, I don't see why they would show it, or why it's bad to show it. Even if it does influence your benefits and droprate, people will not party with some JUST because they're gemini or something, and it won't affect your ability to find a party. No one's said why showing horoscope is a bad thing. What's the harm?

Because people quickly realize that gear is greater than level. (You could be level 80 and have horrible gear and would still suck.)
    XD
    Also because not many bother to be the level 80 dressed in level 30 gear wafflestomping level 30s. (as for those that do, they get bored quickly or wafflestomped by like a level 40...and hurt their e-peen)
    (Same system in PW, during PvP if you wana check their level just quickly glance at their weapon. People tend to use the best weapon they can.)

And like a level 78 vs a level 79 both with equivalent gear doesn't really make much of a difference.

But ya, I don't have anything against seeing levels.
    Wouldn't really matter as most people will be at 80 or close enough 80 soon enough anyway. Then gear will be the determination of strength.
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • shadowedlight
    shadowedlight Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    storehammy wrote: »
    Because people quickly realize that gear is greater than level. (You could be level 80 and have horrible gear and would still suck.)
    XD
    Wouldn't really matter as most people will be at 80 or close enough 80 soon enough anyway. Then gear will be the determination of strength.

I'm going to have to disagree with you, skill > gear > level. As you mentioned, gear is level-based anyway... yeah, a 78 and a 79 might have the exact same gear, but if I'm only considering level and gear, I'm probably going to pick the 79 for a party. What you should look at is the player's individual skill, their ability to play the game, and their playstyle to see if it suits your needs. Sadly, we can't show that as easily as showing gear and level, but even if your level remains hidden, we'll still see one person has crappier gear than another person and be "elitist" about that. They can also determine, approximately, what level you are based on gear. Unless there's a huge skill difference between 1-3 levels (like, let's say, you get a party heal or something useful in the instance), chances are no one's going to give you a hard time for being level 44 in a party of 45s. If we stop showing level, people will just check your gear. If they can't check your gear, they'll probably assume your level based on your cashshop sawg and how fancy your character is, or by how huge your ego is. It just gets more and more inaccurate and pointless. People will try and guess your level anyway, so showing it to someone you're in a party with isn't a big deal.

You could be level 80, have the best gear in the game and still suck. If people are judging whether or not you can play the game based on level or gear, then they're probably not someone you want to team up with anyway. Considering in PWI you could basically buy levels with the numerous exp gain items, exp doubling items, items that give you easy quests with lots of exp, as well as the awesome pets, or the tokens you could use to get good armour... any wise player realized gear and level were meaningless if you couldn't play your class, and an 80 warrior could get owned by a 60 wizard.
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    -snip-

Tis a MMORPG there is very little skills involved (especially PvE).
    When it comes down to it, just knowing which buttons to push in which order is most of the game. The rest is gear, level, and preplanning (setting your stats/talents right..which you could just copy from some other person who's got a good build set up.)

FPS/RTS involves more skill.

Also my method of assuming that everyone who asks for a particular PvE function has served just fine for years. (I.E quests, instances, etc) are already at or above the minimum level required. The only thing I have to do is a quick gear check to make sure they can survive. (No amount of skills will make up for a 1 shot. If a level 80 tank comes to a level 50 instance dressed in level 30 gear then yea...I won't take him.)
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*