New to the game, have some questions

reggaeboy
reggaeboy Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Hey :), well i inform before starting a new game most of the times and i wanna do it with this one. My IGN will be same as my forum name, ReggaeBoy, If someone here plays Jade Dynasty they might probably know me ^^, Now questions time:

1- this game haves bot? i mean can i just leave the pc on while my char kill mobs?
2- can someone give me a fast introduction to the classes? like which one is a tank healer dps berzerker, etc...
3- is there a class that is good in PvP? (if someone allready had the chance to test em of course).
4- i dont have the min reqs for this game (i dont have em for jade dynasty either but i can play it) i just wanna know if i can manage to play with a Nvidia Geforce 6250, a dualcore 3600 and 478 MB RAM.

Thanks in advance and i hope i see you in the game
Post edited by reggaeboy on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• darkraven7
    darkraven7 Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    reggaeboy wrote: »
    Hey :), well i inform before starting a new game most of the times and i wanna do it with this one. My IGN will be same as my forum name, ReggaeBoy, If someone here plays Jade Dynasty they might probably know me ^^, Now questions time:

1- this game haves bot? i mean can i just leave the pc on while my char kill mobs?
    2- can someone give me a fast introduction to the classes? like which one is a tank healer dps berzerker, etc...
    3- is there a class that is good in PvP? (if someone allready had the chance to test em of course).
    4- i dont have the min reqs for this game (i dont have em for jade dynasty either but i can play it) i just wanna know if i can manage to play with a Nvidia Geforce 6250, a dualcore 3600 and 478 MB RAM.

1. Noooo. FW does NOT have bots.

2. Protector - tank
    Warrior - 2ndary tank/DD
    Vampire - Honestly, I don't know. Heal/DD as far as I know
    Priest - heal
    Assassin - DD, what else?
    Marksman - Long ranged DD
    Mage - Elemental/long ranged DD
    Bard - DD, but with a heal. Its a complicated class according to what I've seen.

Am I missing anything?
  • gearshard
    gearshard Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Asking if you can cheat by using bots (which no game allows) in your first post isn't a good way to start.
    Check out my mount preview thread with pics and movie! tiny.cc/kt0gv (Tiny URL link)
  • emichan123321
    emichan123321 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ...and this is why they made search. all of these questions have been answered.....multiple times.....xD
    BlackCard♥ Memeber/Recruiter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We just witnessed a classic example of what I call miss directed rage, I believe the technical term is being an ****. - Fruits Basket
  • ashleyaddiction
    ashleyaddiction Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    gearshard wrote: »
    Asking if you can cheat by using bots (which no game allows) in your first post isn't a good way to start.

He's from JD, in JD and ESO there are legal botting systems (espers and possessors). BoI and HoTK were originally designed to have bots as well afaik. So no, there are games which allow botting. It's actually a common mistake if you have played JD or ESO and want to move onto another PWE game.
    ...and this is why they made search. all of these questions have been answered.....multiple times.....xD

Even if he did use search and replied to an older thread, you guys would then ***** about how he's necro-ing threads.
  • reggaeboy
    edited November 2010
    darkraven7 wrote: »
    1. Noooo. FW does NOT have bots.

2. Protector - tank
    Warrior - 2ndary tank/DD
    Vampire - Honestly, I don't know. Heal/DD as far as I know
    Priest - heal
    Assassin - DD, what else?
    Marksman - Long ranged DD
    Mage - Elemental/long ranged DD
    Bard - DD, but with a heal. Its a complicated class according to what I've seen.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks for ur answer i think im going to try the protector cos i like tha tanks i rolled a champion for some time at BoI, Ill try every class tho
    He's from JD, in JD and ESO there are legal botting systems (espers and possessors). BoI and HoTK were originally designed to have bots as well afaik. So no, there are games which allow botting. It's actually a common mistake if you have played JD or ESO and want to move onto another PWE game.

Even if he did use search and replied to an older thread, you guys would then ***** about how he's necro-ing threads.

Hey kylebb ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashleyaddiction
    edited November 2010
    Hey kylebb ^^

Hey :] You got bored of JD too?
  • hilshooter
    hilshooter Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    well there are some ways in FW so you can get exp while you are not on PC.. but no botting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ImmortalsFW Videos of Instances, Events and PK.

"I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last."
  • darkraven7
    edited November 2010
    hilshooter wrote: »
    well there are some ways in FW so you can get exp while you are not on PC.. but no botting

Yup, the features of FW are practically endless. I recommend searching for a fan blog such as Cinderboy's and seeing them for yourself. Its worth the effort, as I found in my long wait for CB ;)
  • reggaeboy
    edited November 2010
    Hey :] You got bored of JD too?

Nah i like JD but i wanna try something new, anywya make me a favor get into vent i dont mind if you dont have a microphone ill ask you a couple of questions about this game if you need the info tell me ill send you a private mesage with it.

Also i would like to know the way to get exp while im not at the pc please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashleyaddiction
    edited November 2010
    I know almost nothing about this game o.o I didn't get into Phase 1 -.-
  • darkraven7
    edited November 2010
    Well you see, I've been watching this game since December. I have read/listened to or watched anything I could find on the game, so I know a thing or two.

The offline exp system is simply that you receive a percentage of exp (dependent on your level) when you log back on. Thus if your away for a week your not left completely in the dust.
  • reggaeboy
    edited November 2010
    Well you see, I've been watching this game since December. I have read/listened to or watched anything I could find on the game, so I know a thing or two.

The offline exp system is simply that you receive a percentage of exp (dependent on your level) when you log back on. Thus if your away for a week your not left completely in the dust.

thats cool.

But wait so that probably means im not into phase 1 either and probably not into phase 2 since i just apply ._.

Dark do you have a vent were we can talk in?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkraven7
    edited November 2010
    Phase 2 selection of Closed Beta is completely random. Having signed up early gives me no advantage over you, unfortunately for me :p

However, the second set of entries for Phase 1 is based off Join Date, so here's to hoping I get in then eh?
  • gearshard
    gearshard Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Which is of course a really awesome thing they added.
    Check out my mount preview thread with pics and movie! tiny.cc/kt0gv (Tiny URL link)
  • darkraven7
    edited November 2010
    gearshard wrote: »
    Which is of course a really awesome thing they added.

Agreed ^^
  • reggaeboy
    edited November 2010
    Phase 2 selection of Closed Beta is completely random. Having signed up early gives me no advantage over you, unfortunately for me :p

However, the second set of entries for Phase 1 is based off Join Date, so here's to hoping I get in then eh?

Allright just tell me if you have a ventrillo server i have some questions tho, i have one if you need
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkraven7
    edited November 2010
    Ehh.... The Vent server I use is my Guilds. I don't have the authority to share it. I recommend posting your questions here, I don't know everything and a second opinion is always welcome :)
  • reggaeboy
    edited November 2010
    Ehh.... The Vent server I use is my Guilds. I don't have the authority to share it. I recommend posting your questions here, I don't know everything and a second opinion is always welcome :)

ill private msg ya my info
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited November 2010

1. Not yet but like every other MMO, bots will be eventually made for $$$. Blame the lazy good for nothing programmer who don't like playing the legit way : (.
    2.Protector-tank Healer-Priest/Bard(party wise). DPS-Mage/Marksman Warrior is secondary tank. others im too lazy to go into right now
    3. Dunno since i havent had the chance to play it
    4. Same as all other PWE so if you can play them you can play this

No problem im pretty sure 20 other ppl have post this same message as me.
  • reggaeboy
    edited November 2010
    thanks for the answers i hope i can play lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reggaeboy
    edited November 2010
    dark i sent you the info
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkraven7
    edited November 2010
  • drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Ooooo Reggae and Ashley are both in the same thread :P
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • ashleyaddiction
    edited November 2010
    drakenfyre wrote: »
    Ooooo Reggae and Ashley are both in the same thread :P

This be a shock? O.O And what you doing over here you JD noobie ;]
  • drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited November 2010
    This be a shock? O.O And what you doing over here you JD noobie ;]

Green lets me out of my cage every now and then, so I'm allowed to roam the other forums
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • ashleyaddiction
    edited November 2010
    drakenfyre wrote: »
    Green lets me out of my cage every now and then, so I'm allowed to roam the other forums

Really? I heard he's quit the slave-driver ;]
  • reggaeboy
    edited November 2010
    if muramassa comes to this game i wont play it tho :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashleyaddiction
    edited November 2010
    if muramassa comes to this game i wont play it tho :p

Ikr? xD How would we know it's him though?
  • Unknown
    edited November 2010
    There is one actual way to get EXp while you are ON but not at the PC. There are 3 different Factions in Freeport[main city] and they have a little afk EXP system. You get a buff , move into a little pre-determined area and that for example start attacking a training dummy. For every 20-30 secs you get EXP and REP with that Faction.

The offline EXP thing works a bit different then some may think. Lets say you were offline for 2 days and got 20k "Frozen EXP". When you log in , you open the Menu for it and pay the required amount of money to "UNfreez" that 20K EXP. Once you`ve done that , it move onto you bar and acts likea 20% EXP bonus everytime you kill a mob of complete a Quests.
    If you kill a mob that gives 100 EXP , you`ll get around 10-20 added XP on top of that , which of course gets pulled out of the 20k pool , so you`ll only have 19.980 left.
This discussion has been closed.