test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "Not in the first beta phase" Club

theoceanmantheoceanman Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Off-Topic Discussion
Oh, hello there, I see you found your way to the club house!
This is a club for us, the sad and devastated people whom has not been given the gift that is access to the closed beta.
Worry not my people as we will, eventually, be able to play this magnificent game!

Instead of posting new threads to complain or ask about the first phase, pull out a chair and have a drink.
Why should only the people with beta access have all the fun, right?

BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS, READ THESE TOPICS.
BETA FAQ
CONFUSION WITH BETA KEYS

This thread is not for questions, as my knowledge about this game is very limited.

Enjoy yourselves!

-The Ocean Man
Post edited by theoceanman on

Comments

• godofrndmobjctsgodofrndmobjcts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    we wont get in eventually.. we will get in, in 5 months, when open beta starts. Well.. the majority of us anyway.
    I Came. I got into Phase 1. I Lululululul'ed.

PWE Employee says: "ok lets get the worst aspects of each game.. and put them into one game!! ... then in the game.. we will make jokes with the npc's and have you do quests related to all our other games... but put dynasty before jade and immortals before battle of the!!!!"

PWE Boss Says: " brilliant!!!!"
  • themightydorkthemightydork Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    EVERYONE who has a valid registered Beta Key WILL get a place in CLOSED Beta. This is from Crabclaw. They cannot guarantee which phase of the testing you will be in at this time however as it says EVERYONE will get in before the game enters OPEN beta.

General Opinion is that the CBP 1 will only last 3 to 4 weeks - not months as was previously the concern.
    edited October 2010
    well excuse me if i dont think 1 or 2 weeks of the end of CB is fair. I will personally not be able to get in the game and find bugs and glitches now until i want to worry about a character to actually play.. Because i can tell im not going to be playing in closed beta.. i might get in, in the last phase.. but i didnt even get that apology e-mail so im guessing im as far down the list as can be. Thus i must admit that i feel like open beta is my only choice at this point in time. Because its most likely true.. One or two days of "closed beta" is not nearly enough to truly test the game mechanics and general "glitch-ability" . As i havent found a game yet i couldnt exploit in, in some way. Thus giving me one other option.. Dont play the game in open beta.. fall far behind everyone in levels and experience in the game.. and try to find glitches that will most likely stay in the game forever anyway.. As im sure my old pwi characters are still sitting inside some UN-accessible building right now.

PWE Employee says: "ok lets get the worst aspects of each game.. and put them into one game!! ... then in the game.. we will make jokes with the npc's and have you do quests related to all our other games... but put dynasty before jade and immortals before battle of the!!!!"

edited October 2010
    I feel your pain. I have been registered since march 10 and still not playing/testing. However I do not think this thread was intended as another negative/qq/flame thread. There are plenty of those already. This is more for people to exchange what they plan to do once they do get in the game - or what issues do they expect to encounter there. As least that is what I read it as.

I may be wrong - in that case. flame on.
    edited October 2010
    i didnt flame. i simply stated my opinion as i feel the original post is misleading.. when the truth is, unless pwe changes their plans, Most of us will Not be getting into the Closed Beta. We will infact get in at the end of CB, In another 5 months, And just as we are getting used the the game.. Bam it will shut down for 2-4 weeks until open beta starts.. and then it will be so over run and laggy that we will have to wait another month or more before we actually get the chance to do the things we signed up to do 7 months ago not including all this extra time.

edited October 2010
    yay for moving the thread and not replying to us. GG.

edited October 2010
    don't take everything so personally - you will live longer.

also the characters get wiped at the end of CB anyway. wiped. deleted. gone forever.

everyone at the start of OB is in the same boat, all CB gives you is an understanding of a greater portion of the game. 90% of the community will use it to get that advantage for Open Beta which I can understand even If it is not the intention of the beta system.

CB is for testing, testing the game and testing the characters for glitches. There have been some bug posts etc, but given the number of players in phase 1 I would have expected more posts. oh well fortunately for us most of the testing will have been done in the CN version and our issues should all be localization ones.. hopefully..
  • rumbl3rumbl3 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    My nephew and I were disappointed we did not get into phase 1 lol. But crossing fingers for phase 2.

Game looks great I played a few f2p games in the past one was great just got bored of it (RoM) the other (allods) terrible they tried to force you to pay to play (don't mind spending cash usually drop money at least once a month on f2p but that game started to require a ridicious amount of money). Play wow but I am sooooo sick of playing that game. I'm not looking for the next wow just looking for some good lol that my nephew and I don't have to drop a fortune to get started playing (like wow with all the xpans to hard for my nephew to come up with 100 bucks lol)

So I got a buddy that plays perfect world he says this company is good they don't try to "****" your wallet lol. Will see can't wait see some of you in hopefully phase 2.

Also i'm curious do the toons get wiped when this game comes out of closed or into regular release? Or will we keep our toons we start now? (nvm person above already answered this :)
  • defheddefhed Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    rumbl3 wrote: »

So I got a buddy that plays perfect world he says this company is good they don't try to "****" your wallet lol. Will see can't wait see some of you in hopefully phase 2.

well, perfect world was good until like 1 year into it.... no, you werent required to buy from the CS to play.. i mean, you could actually be rather successful and better than most players if you knew how to work the economy..

but the problem was, the NA game had TONS of unfinished content.. and the devs never fixed it... instead they forced the cash shop down your throat every week with patches... always new fashion, and new packs... and the packs ruined the game... and it was completely clear they didnt care about anything except getting you to buy buy buy buy buy.

hope this game is different.
  • bloodmerchantbloodmerchant Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    F2P will always have a cash shop element that makes people who use it get an edge. That is just the dirty truth. But it is also those people who spend money in the cash shop that make it so people have a game to play. With out a cash shop there is no F2P. No income= no game.
    edited October 2010
    Lots of games (CS) are now going only for more exp.. which can only go so far.. and mainly character looks. not weapons or power or items.. just stuff that makes you look cooler.. and does nothing else. It's very effective.

• malagaredonforummalagaredonforum Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    They lured me like a fish with a beta key as bait then they've thrown me in the fishtank of dissapointment and forced me to watch others playing while I couldnt. The horror!!! *drops on the floor drunk*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Returning to FW. The other game failed T.T
  • theoceanmantheoceanman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Oh my, the hatred and sorrow on these forums is just absurd.
    I'm not going to join in any of the previous discussions as I did not take my time to read through 'em entirely.

I'm glad to see that people do not complain about the cash shop system, it's basic economy knowledge. A company needs money to survive, it is not cheap to develop and host a game. I've played tons of MMORPGs in my days, I have only played a few P2P though.
    I used to play World of Warcraft, oh my, that game is in ruins now though.
    Hoping that Forsaken World will live up to its expectations, as I am in the need of a game to waste my time on, instead of studying.

rumbl3, I sincerely hope that you and your nephew will get access to the second phase of the beta. And if you do, try to sneak me in with you, will ya?

malagaredonforum, you good sir.. Your hair, is just.. Magnificent! *hic*
  • tojupitojupi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I was going to say it was nice to finally see some of the non-CBers realize they still had a life outside of FW, but never mind. You can't even make a productive thread without hate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

CB1 Haters- Making playing games for fun illegal.
  • capricornlogancapricornlogan Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    my god u r all so pathetic(except 4 about 3 of u and the guy who started this thread) im not in phase 1 but in everything about it i dont just complain y cant i be in phase 1 get over it its not like they hav a head start wen open beta starts they wipe ur char anyway im pretty sure he didnt make this so ppl could complain
    Username:✡FrostByte✡
    Race: Human
    Class: Mage(They Destroy Everything)
    Guild: Grimoire
    CBT Phase: Phase.....
    Level: 0
    "I Am Made Of Glass Skin."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits To Me!
  • ninja6ninja6 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Lol the first few posts was pure negatives xD

Time to change the subject :D:
    so.. when we do get accepted to CB what class r u all gonna be?
    And im sure this game won't dis-appiont :3
    JK

Im not crazy, im Looney ;)
    Heavenly Officer
    Apply now at heavenlyguild.mmoguildsites.com we're built for pve ;)
    Storm Server ~ PVE
    SirLooney ~ Human - Assassin
    LollipopSwirl ~ Dwarve - Marksman
    MsAlice ~ Kindred - Vamp
  • thunderleithunderlei Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i didnt flame. i simply stated my opinion as i feel the original post is misleading.. when the truth is, unless pwe changes their plans, Most of us will Not be getting into the Closed Beta. We will infact get in at the end of CB, In another 5 months, And just as we are getting used the the game.. Bam it will shut down for 2-4 weeks until open beta starts.. and then it will be so over run and laggy that we will have to wait another month or more before we actually get the chance to do the things we signed up to do 7 months ago not including all this extra time.

no, the original post isn't misleading. but idunno, opinions will be opinions.
    the truth, unless pwe changes their plans, all of us WILL be getting into the closed beta.
    you gotta remember that the original closed beta period was slated to last for months. and right now is only cb PHASE 1, which will only last for 3-4 weeks, after which, another phase will begin and more (if not all) of us will be getting in. (they only plan to have 2 phases, unless things get really glitchy, so chances are, the rest of us will have plenty of time to test out the game before ob)
    none of us really know all the details right now, but pwe HAS promised (from forum posts, interviews, news releases, etc) that everyone currently "accepted in beta" will have a chance to test out the game in closed beta eventually.

^no bashing intended. just tryin' to clear things up a bit (:
    but if, in fact, we really do get in at the very end of cb... then my, will i be a very sad person.

defhed wrote: »
    well, perfect world was good until like 1 year into it.... no, you werent required to buy from the CS to play.. i mean, you could actually be rather successful and better than most players if you knew how to work the economy..

but the problem was, the NA game had TONS of unfinished content.. and the devs never fixed it... instead they forced the cash shop down your throat every week with patches... always new fashion, and new packs... and the packs ruined the game... and it was completely clear they didnt care about anything except getting you to buy buy buy buy buy.

hope this game is different.

^this. yeah, when i first started playing pwi they were pretty nice to our wallets. (meaning, people couldnt buy their way to pwning me, they could only buy cool-looking mounts to make me jealous) then patch after patch, pack after pack, upgrade after upgrade, everything started getting OP and my friends and i realized it just wasnt worth our time to play anymore..

so seriously, i'm hoping the cash shop in FW doesnt start getting broke like in pwi

btw. i'm reading manga and doing homework while i await my acceptance into the game. and once i get in, i wanna be the very best, that no one ever was. to catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause. *the pets, that is. O:
    VERITAS: The TRUTH will set you free!

IGN: Cyclops
    Class: Protector
    Guild: Veritas

Come check us out!
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=108681
    veritasfw.guildlaunch.com
  • stupiduglystupidugly Posts: 3
    edited November 2010
    I'm not playing yet!
    edited November 2010
    thunderlei wrote: »

btw. i'm reading manga and doing homework while i await my acceptance into the game. and once i get in, i wanna be the very best, that no one ever was. to catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause. *the pets, that is. O:

Lol pokemon main theme song. :P Ohh wat manga yu reading cause im doin the same thjings as youe except im also revising for a massive test on Nov 12 >.>
    JK

Heavenly Officer
    Storm Server ~ PVE
    MsAlice ~ Kindred - Vamp
  • axgmaxgm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lol what is this thread
  • hexanthexant Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    They lured me like a fish with a beta key as bait then they've thrown me in the fishtank of dissapointment and forced me to watch others playing while I couldnt. The horror!!! *drops on the floor drunk*

lured like a fish huh.. thats how I feel.. lured hook line and sinker, like a fish with the "bait-ya key"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I get to play on DEC 7th, and get some support for my money
  • patbutcherpatbutcher Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    who cares about CB1 .... upto 80% of content not available... what do you want from it ?

Most play CB to learn game so no real advantage gained from CB1 apart from bragging right s.

CB1 is for true testers. If your not going to be one ... I'm glad you didn't get in.
    edited November 2010
    ninja6 wrote: »
    Lol pokemon main theme song. :P Ohh wat manga yu reading cause im doin the same thjings as youe except im also revising for a massive test on Nov 12 >.>

:D
    eh, i read through fma, reread death note, and following fairy tail and of course naruto bleach & one piece xD
    but yah recently i've just been busy with school (essays, midterms, etc), so not as much manga hehh

good luck on that test! guess it's a blessing in disguise that we're not in cb1, so we can focus on our tests lol

Come check us out!
  • touketsublade2touketsublade2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Nope. Didn't get in. XD Hopefully I'll get in as a bonus or something. Ive been waiting for this game to come out when it was just a rumor :D
    edited November 2010
    :D
    eh, i read through fma, reread death note, and following fairy tail and of course naruto bleach & one piece xD
    but yah recently i've just been busy with school (essays, midterms, etc), so not as much manga hehh

good luck on that test! guess it's a blessing in disguise that we're not in cb1, so we can focus on our tests lol

Woot! naruto.. hmm i heard fairy tails good..is it? lol

thx you too, well if you have any xD lol yea xD probably but i cant focus anyway :L

<< Low attention span o.O" wen it comes to looking at revision books >.>
    JK

Heavenly Officer
    Storm Server ~ PVE
    MsAlice ~ Kindred - Vamp
  • beth6217beth6217 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Everyone does know that your characters from closed beta will be erased right??? After CB they wipe everything. Now, in open beta you can keep your characters o-o
    Forsaken World: Closed Beta: Phase 1 .. and 2 reject!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Love T.A.C. forever and always! 9/13/09!
    "Born with nothing, Die With everything."
    I make signatures like the one above!!
    If you want one, send me a PM on the forums
    !
  • madampewpewmadampewpew Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    beth6217 wrote: »
    Everyone does know that your characters from closed beta will be erased right??? After CB they wipe everything. Now, in open beta you can keep your characters o-o

that should be common knowledge by now, and its purty much the norm in a closed beta test, after all its mainly to test and report any bugs that reveal themselves, isn't it?

keeping your characters after open beta is usually appreciation shown by the company performing the beta, thats usually the norm also, not always but usually.

i've tested p2p titles where you not only got to keep your chars after OB but you also got a substantial discount on monthly subscription fees, free mounts for all new chars stuff like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your lips move, but I can't hear what your saying.
    edited November 2010
    ninja6 wrote: »
    Woot! naruto.. hmm i heard fairy tails good..is it? lol

thx you too, well if you have any xD lol yea xD probably but i cant focus anyway :L

<< Low attention span o.O" wen it comes to looking at revision books >.>

hahah, i like it, at least. try it if you feel like it xD
    i heard its been getting more popular than death note and fma and stuff recently o.o

and thanks haha. yah, i've been having 1 midterm a week for the past 4 weeks lol. can't focus either though -_-a

Come check us out!
  • malagaredonforummalagaredonforum Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hexant wrote: »
    lured like a fish huh.. thats how I feel.. lured hook line and sinker, like a fish with the "bait-ya key"

*Bad joke drums...XD*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Returning to FW. The other game failed T.T
    edited November 2010
    hahah, i like it, at least. try it if you feel like it xD
    i heard its been getting more popular than death note and fma and stuff recently o.o

and thanks haha. yah, i've been having 1 midterm a week for the past 4 weeks lol. can't focus either though -_-a

Hmm kk, I might :D.
    Ill say its gonna be one of the top anime out there if they dont end it soon xD :L

O.o thats crazy >.> 4 midterms alread? :O Lol, atleast im not alone xD :L
    JK

Heavenly Officer
    Storm Server ~ PVE
    MsAlice ~ Kindred - Vamp