'sin rotaion.. etc

valdosk
valdosk Posts: 6 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Assassin Discussion
Ok this post mainly goes out to thoe who are not in the cb and wish to play the assasin class.

To clarify how the unique resorce system works.

So basicly we have 2 lots of 'orbs; Blast and agony.

combopoints.png

shown here is how they stack if you like, up to 4 orbs.

The red are the agony, the white are Blast.

skills that cause them:

thrustofpain.png

This, creates agony orbs (red ones).

throatseal.png

and this ofc creates the Blast orbs (white ones)

ok onto the orb expender.. i guess you could call it that.

nightmaretemination.png

This will use BOTH of these types of orbs, with differing effects.

Other skills.

assasinate.png

Basic attack, filler skill in the rotation.

Onto the current pve rotation.

Key
ToP = Trust of Pain.
TS = Throat Seal.
NT = Nightmare Termination.
AS = Assasinate.

Rotation.

Open from Stalking shadow (stealth, gives damage bonus to next attack)

ToP - TS - AS, repeat, putting in any extra AS where the other skills are on cooldown.
Do NOT use NT, untill the end of the fight, as it will lower your overall damage as your not getting the bonuses from the orbs, as they have been expended.

Fairly simple, constructive critisism is welcome, and please note at the time of this post I am level 22 (not current cap). This does not include talents, or racial skills.
Post edited by valdosk on

Comments

• hidentemptation
    hidentemptation Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    nice i like it :D

Cant wait to get in >.<

keep the infos comin plex :P
  • visch
    visch Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    so we should only be using NT at the ned of the fight? thanks. I usually just got full stacks hit NT then repeated. Guess i'll try your way.

wouldn't u wanna use NT during the fight not just at the end to lower their attk speed and put that thing that removes/lowers health on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • souldriver9
    souldriver9 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    visch wrote: »
    so we should only be using NT at the ned of the fight? thanks. I usually just got full stacks hit NT then repeated. Guess i'll try your way.

wouldn't u wanna use NT during the fight not just at the end to lower their attk speed and put that thing that removes/lowers health on?

Though I haven't be able to play the game what I say may be wrong.

I think it depends what talent tree your going since the shadow tree give a small chance to enter rapid shadow which remove the cooldown of ToP and TS.
    Which should allow you to spam those 2 skills to regain all Orb very quickly.

Again I wasn't chosen for cb phase 1 so I can't test it myself Maybe you guys can give it a try ??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • visch
    visch Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Though I haven't be able to play the game what I say may be wrong.

I think it depends what talent tree your going since the shadow tree give a small chance to enter rapid shadow which remove the cooldown of ToP and TS.
    Which should allow you to spam those 2 skills to regain all Orb very quickly.

Again I wasn't chosen for cb phase 1 so I can't test it myself Maybe you guys can give it a try ??

Possibly. I went Venom because I feel it does the most damage as of this level.
    I still feel that spamming NT is pretty good because look at venom's first skill you can put points into. It allows us to do massive amounts of damage.

The thing I feel like when I'm using
    AS > ToP > ToS (x4) > NT is that the cooldowns are already very short that possibly using just ToP > ToS 4 times till you get all the points then NT.

If you played WoW at all, NT is sort of like Envenom on a rogue but much much better.

Hopefully more people comment on this thread to see what is the better rotation, even though were only level 29 and haven't got all our skills yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • souldriver9
    edited October 2010
    Btw since you 2 are already playing the game, can you pick all skills (not talent skills) and max them all out or is there a limit on them ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hanso
    hanso Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Btw since you 2 are already playing the game, can you pick all skills (not talent skills) and max them all out or is there a limit on them ?

can max all skills, but not all talents.
  • themightydork
    themightydork Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    very nice info guys. keep it coming.

do assassins in this game have a "force stealth/escape" type skill that you can use should an opponent be too tough for you. just wondering because this was one of the things that people felt made sins in pwi a pain - they could cast their "spark" (which has a similar effect as the agony/blast to increase your damage output) while stealthed then pop out and nuke on you. but if you survived the initial attacks a lot of them would "force stealth" and run away and hide till they recovered - then come back and attack you till they got lucky crits. just wondered if we will have to put up with similar behaviour? or can stealth only be used out of combat here?
  • souldriver9
    edited October 2010
    very nice info guys. keep it coming.

do assassins in this game have a "force stealth/escape" type skill that you can use should an opponent be too tough for you. just wondering because this was one of the things that people felt made sins in pwi a pain - they could cast their "spark" (which has a similar effect as the agony/blast to increase your damage output) while stealthed then pop out and nuke on you. but if you survived the initial attacks a lot of them would "force stealth" and run away and hide till they recovered - then come back and attack you till they got lucky crits. just wondered if we will have to put up with similar behaviour? or can stealth only be used out of combat here?

There are 2 stealth skillls.
    One can only be used out of combat and the other can be used while in combat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • themightydork
    edited October 2010
    kk thanks. so if things are looking bad for the sin they can escape into invisibility. oh well guess will have to kill them quickly lol
  • souldriver9
    edited October 2010
    The only thing that bother me a bit is that pvp In FW is all about collecting those "soul orb" or something like that, which means sooner or later you have to move away from your opponent to get them.

This will be very difficult to pull off against a ranged class since they can still hit you for a distance.
    I know that dodge works in pvp so you can dodge skills but doesn't moving away from your opponent to collect "soul orb" give them time to heal up ?
    Further more is the increase damage of those "soul orb" noticeable enough to be worth going after the sec they drop or should you wait until there's alot of them laying around before collecting them.

And my final question can you collect "soul orbs" in stealth ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • valdosk
    valdosk Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    There are 2 stealth skillls.
    One can only be used out of combat and the other can be used while in combat.

yeah there are but the problem with them, if you use the in combat stealth it will put a cooldown on the out of combat one. it seems that they want sins to only have stealth once per fight :P
  • themightydork
    edited November 2010
    I don't think thats a problem - just a design choice and it prevents sins being too op.

I mean in real life if someone stepped out of the shadows, attacked you and you beat them off, you would be more aware they could still be around. This looks like an attempt to emulate that without overengineering. +1 to the devs on this one.
  • quo13
    quo13 Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Ah, Iv'e got a question. For ToP, does Agony Orbs increase attack by a %tage or only give you an additional amount of damage equal to what it says.

If so, ToP will probably be useless at higher lvls but I'm not to sure since I'm not a phase 1 player :P
    [SIGPIC]There is no good or evil, only power and those too weak to seek it. [/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of Black Card Nation
    IGNs: Kikazu ~ Yasashi
    Classes: Assassin ~ Priest
    Lvl: Doesn't matter atm
  • justinlolz
    justinlolz Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    valdosk wrote: »

Onto the current pve rotation.

Key
    ToP = Trust of Pain.
    TS = Throat Seal.
    NT = Nightmare Termination.
    AS = Assasinate.

Rotation.

Open from Stalking shadow (stealth, gives damage bonus to next attack)

ToP - TS - AS, repeat, putting in any extra AS where the other skills are on cooldown.
    Do NOT use NT, untill the end of the fight, as it will lower your overall damage as your not getting the bonuses from the orbs, as they have been expended.

Fairly simple, constructive critisism is welcome, and please note at the time of this post I am level 22 (not current cap). This does not include talents, or racial skills.

Currently I use ToP,Throat,AS all on CD until I get 5/5 and then hit NT and repeat. I think the dmg output is a lot higher that way. Haven't done much internal math, but NT as a finisher seems with its dot component and high dmg as opposed to just hitting ToP and Throat every 20 seconds.
    Only problem would be mana, but with pots its easily sustainable.

I have a question for other lvl 29 sins though. Do you think our dmg is quite weak in pve? Im usually getting 4-5k crits on ToP/Throat/NS, from what I'm hearing on warrs and marksman they are hitting for around 7-8k. The gear seems equivalent too. Any feedback?
    30 Assassin