Ask your questions about FW here!

youniverse
youniverse Posts: 75
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
So you have questions about the game? Go ahead and ask them.

Since there are a lot of us who were eager to get into Phase 1, but we didn't make it, there is not much to do only wait and see if we got lucky the next round. But until then I know a lot of you have questions about the game.

Now it is your chance to ask them here! With the help of FangedFreak, we will select and try to answer the best and most popular ones, and the answers will be posted on Forsaken World HQ and on Disorder Magazine.

Please ask only questions which could be answered by a Phase 1 player. We are not all-knowing beings, so be reasonable. If you see a question which you like, simply reply to that one stating that you want to know the same thing.

So what you want to know?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• richardlafferty
    richardlafferty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Can pets lure? I mean, can they draw aggro from a single mob that is in a crowd of mobs and then draw that mob back to the player?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chinggis
    chinggis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    would like to get the general idea of population on each class if possible xD
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    is it true that almost every class look alike regardless of skintone&ears excluding stonemen&marksman
  • xkatana10
    xkatana10 Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    How big is your inventory and storage spaces/slots? Do you need CS to expand? Will there be free quest to expand?
    Not in phase 1, I feel like skipping all CBT phases now, but we'll see...waiting for OB at the moment. See you in the game soon.:D
  • febbers
    febbers Posts: 1,565 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Erm, can the opening post clarify the point of this thread? You're only taking selected questions and answering them, or you're answering all of them in the thread an posting the best Q and A's to the websites?
    Can pets lure? I mean, can they draw aggro from a single mob that is in a crowd of mobs and then draw that mob back to the player?
    You can send a pet to go and hit a mob, and they'll generally have aggro for the first couple of hits until the mob in question realizes that the pet is an annoying flea compared to your DPS :P Having your pet be the same level as you makes this problem seem to go away, though. A great way to get your pet level's up is by taking your pet to God's Trial daily event.
    How big is your inventory and storage spaces/slots? Do you need CS to expand? Will there be free quest to expand?

Inventory I think starts at 4 or 5 lines, so 20 or 25 slots. At I think level 10, from the newbie box you will get a purple bag that expands your inventory. Quests give some "Khoaway" (I think that's the name) scrolls that expand your bank aka storage. But I'm not sure by how much, I've never used mine. The storage expansion scrolls also don't clarify if they are permanent or have a time limit :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
    Oh, you thought that was bad? Sweetie, you have another thing coming.
  • youniverse
    edited October 2010
    febbers wrote: »
    Erm, can the opening post clarify the point of this thread? You're only taking selected questions and answering them, or you're answering all of them in the thread an posting the best Q and A's to the websites? :/

Only selected Q and A's will be posted on the websites for which we will try to give the most informative answers. I can't promise an answer for all the questions but I'm sure other helpful people, such as yourself will chip in and hand out some answers, which will be appreciated by others.

The point is to have a thread to collect only questions, related only to the actual game/gameplay, from people who did not get in. This questions then can be answered here and out of the best and most popular ones a nice Q and A can be made, which will be posted on our websites for reference to future players. Maybe you guys at FWHaven can create your own Q and A list out of it too :)
  • febbers
    edited October 2010
    Just clarifying--I didn't want to come in and steal your thunder or anything xD There's a lot that I don't know, but I'll do my best for general stuff like the above, and I'm sure other beta testers will as well :>
    Maybe you guys at FWHaven can create your own Q and A list out of it too

Oh god no, we're far too lazy for that. We're currently working on something a little bit more..uhm..intricate. FWHaven is designed to be more like Aionsource, if anything. From what I've seen about FWHQ it's more of a general overlay of the game with announcements about it. We plan on making more things similar to the talent trees---tools, I guess would be the word I'm looking for. Right now we're a bit to busy to work on one of these projects (we have two mapped out) but the phasecraze will die down soon. I'm sick of playing Forsaken World and there's only been one english phase :P I guess that's what I get for leveling 3 40+ characters in China.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
  • youniverse
    edited October 2010
    febbers wrote: »
    Just clarifying--I didn't want to come in and steal your thunder or anything xD There's a lot that I don't know, but I'll do my best for general stuff like the above, and I'm sure other beta testers will as well :>

Don't worry, no offense taken (smile does not work, so picture it here)
  • defhed
    defhed Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I want to know what kind of damage all the classes are doing at lvl 29.. i also want to know how the classes fare in duels (Mage)

i know lvl 29 is not the same as end game, but i want to know what we can tell so far at lvl 29
  • febbers
    edited October 2010
    For PVE or for PVP?

PVP: Vampires as expected (and as I have said numerous times) will rollface in PVP mid game, along with sins. Vampires are also great for world bosses until...I'm going to safe 55ish.

Mages can do well kiting assuming you go down the ice tree. You can root forever and never get hit, making your DPS a little more viable than say, a bard.

speaking of bards and priests, their damage makes me cry. I went water on my bard and was really sad..I was expecting a bit...more?

Warriors are OP all throughout the game, damage is rediculous and they get a mana buff (I believe it's titled war cry?) that is put on the entire party. It seems like it cuts mana costs in half. They're essential for timed instances such as God's Trial.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
  • defhed
    defhed Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    are warriors really so OP that they need the nerf? nobody beats warrior in pvp at lvl 29? (or higher in CN?)
  • febbers
    edited October 2010
    I think a good player playing as a vampire could beat a warrior. As long as a vamp isn't stunlocked, they'll **** anything (with the exception of a good priest, as the priest will just kite themselves to saftey without having to worry about the fight. Might as well not even bother jumping a priest unless they're low on mana). And yeah, warriors need/needed a nerf, but I haven't been passed any patchnotes saying they got one. Not a turbonerf, you don't need to **** them with the nerf bat. Their HP need to not scale stupidly well, unless they go down the tank tree, is all I think should be done.

Higher levels in CN are a mystery to me, as I've only been on an account with level 40+ characters. I think the highest level in CN OB right now is 37...probably 38 today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
  • xkatana10
    edited October 2010
    Many thanks, I want to know about stats (str, int) do you get to build them or are they all auto? For pve and pvp are there any auto targeting?
    Not in phase 1, I feel like skipping all CBT phases now, but we'll see...waiting for OB at the moment. See you in the game soon.:D
  • lunarqueen
    lunarqueen Posts: 13
    edited October 2010

Hi there!! I so hope i'm posting this in the right area and doing
    it correctly, either way here goes. So yeah I have some questions
    for you or anyone willing to respond please, reguarding FW. :)

1. Is there a dance emote that last for longer than 3 seconds,
    like in um some games.. where you can click on it and dance to
    your hearts content? ( I love silly random stuff and this
    is what makes gaming to me fun, along with emotes
    with gestures and things :D)

2. Is FW going to be formated to where you have a choice
    if you want to PVE/PVP? (In some games you can PVE until a
    certain level, then lets say after level 30, you have no choice
    but to PVP to get any further in the game to even play.)
    I myself don't care for PVP and really enjoy PVE, I'm willing to
    do some a little if needed, but I would not really enjoy at some
    level just to be constantly PVPing all the way through and
    PVE just dropping off at the waste side. :(

3. In FW, Will we have air or land mounts similar to PWI? and if so
    will the be class specific?

4. In FW, can we double jump like in PWI? I really enjoy this little
    feature xD (see it's the little things that can make you
    smile LOL :))

5. In FW, IF it ends up to be a mainly PVP based game, will we
    always have to worry about dropping our items just for them to
    be stolen and we have to start all over AGAIN collecting/buying
    our items? :mad:

6. In FW, when you die or are PK (grrr) lol, will we loose experience?

Thank you so much in advance for anyone who could answer these
    questions. I have tried to do topic searches for these questions but
    I was unable to find them. Sorry in advance if I have necro'd
    anything, I'm trying to learn the forums. Anyways you guys take
    care and I look forward to seeing some answers yay!! ;)
  • legendaryjman
    legendaryjman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    lunarqueen wrote: »
    4. In FW, can we double jump like in PWI? I really enjoy this little
    feature xD (see it's the little things that can make you
    smile LOL :))

No. It seems that PWI is the only PWE game that allows double jumping.
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Can someone answer this question...

Let me break it down for people who didn't play PWI:

There is a group of monsters in an area, they share aggro -- attacking 1 of them results in all of them coming at you.

You send in your pet to attack, they all jump on the pet. After pet hits one monster, you unsummon it. All monsters reset and return to their positions except the one(s) the pet attacked which will be coming straight to the pet's owner: you.

This means you can lure mobs and kill them 1 by 1 even in a case where they are in a group and would come together if hit normally.

Personally I hope it doesn't work, it would make things more challenging and more useful to AOE and to disable mobs while wiping others (sleep / stun / whatever this game has).
  • eclipsa
    eclipsa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Sorry if this is a noob question but I was wondering how the talent tree relates to the skills. Do you get your general class skills and then the talent skills are just additional? Or is the talent skills your actual class skills? And are they passive and active skills?

And how often do you get new skills? Every five levels?

Cheers
  • febbers
    edited October 2010
    Many thanks, I want to know about stats (str, int) do you get to build them or are they all auto? For pve and pvp are there any auto targeting?
    There is tab targeting. When I wake up all the way, I'll be in game, and see if there is a way to switch to target of target. I know that there is a target of target of target option, but I don't know if there is a hot key for that :P

1. Is there a dance emote that last for longer than 3 seconds,
    like in um some games.. where you can click on it and dance to
    your hearts content? ( I love silly random stuff and this
    is what makes gaming to me fun, along with emotes
    with gestures and things )

I think somone mad an video about dancing in forsaken world? I haven't found any of the emotes, but a lot of chinese players do things like kissing, so, I would assume it's possible :>

2. Is FW going to be formated to where you have a choice
    if you want to PVE/PVP? (In some games you can PVE until a
    certain level, then lets say after level 30, you have no choice
    but to PVP to get any further in the game to even play.)
    I myself don't care for PVP and really enjoy PVE, I'm willing to
    do some a little if needed, but I would not really enjoy at some
    level just to be constantly PVPing all the way through and
    PVE just dropping off at the waste side.
    You flag yourself for pvp. If someone jumps all over you, you take no penalty if you're better than them and you end up killing them, though. And, depends on what kind of PVE you're into. If you just like instanced PVE, then you really don't need to worry about PVP. But if you and your guild really like world bosses....you'll have to jump through some hoops to avoid PVP. Remember, past 30 out of safe zones (the game will tell you you have left the safe zone and can be attacked) you can get rolled by anyone. And your armor will drop when you die, leaving other people to pick it up.
    3. In FW, Will we have air or land mounts similar to PWI? and if so
    mounts are class specific, there are currently no flying mounts. But someone posted a video saying PWE was working on it.
    6. In FW, when you die or are PK (grrr) lol, will we loose experience?
    Your armor loses durability, and this can be fixed by visiting an armor smith and upgrading. Afaik armor can't break...either that or has a really low chance.
    Can someone answer this question...

Let me break it down for people who didn't play PWI:

There is a group of monsters in an area, they share aggro -- attacking 1 of them results in all of them coming at you.

You send in your pet to attack, they all jump on the pet. After pet hits one monster, you unsummon it. All monsters reset and return to their positions except the one(s) the pet attacked which will be coming straight to the pet's owner: you.

This means you can lure mobs and kill them 1 by 1 even in a case where they are in a group and would come together if hit normally.

Personally I hope it doesn't work, it would make things more challenging and more useful to AOE and to disable mobs while wiping others (sleep / stun / whatever this game has).

If you have your pet out and it walks past an aggro mob, assuming no one hit it, when you desummon your pet the aggro will wipe. So I would assume that you would be able to do the above.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
  • katozuma
    edited October 2010
    im guessing my question wont ever get answer. I had high hope in you guys. maybe you guys are just playing FW soooooo much you hardly had the time to read my itsy bitsy one sentenct. oh well
  • xkatana10
    edited October 2010
    katozuma wrote: »
    is it true that almost every class look alike regardless of skintone&ears excluding stonemen&marksman

I don't think they will look exactly alike, I'm not too sure but I think each race have their own unique features like vampires will have some kind of facial marks. You should watch some character customization vids and see for yourself.
  • katozuma
    edited October 2010
    xkatana10 wrote: »
    I don't think they will look exactly alike, I'm not too sure but I think each race have their own unique features like vampires will have some kind of facial marks. You should watch some character customization vids and see for yourself.

I watch a few i notice face marks u can put up there and skin tone the most....and recently after watchin BLTstudios review they kinda look alike maybe it was just the recording and uploading i dunno just rather have some1 opinion about it rather listening to some new wannabe game review(no offense bltstudios)
  • lunarqueen
    edited October 2010
    I think somone mad an video about dancing in forsaken world? I haven't found any of the emotes, but a lot of chinese players do things like kissing, so, I would assume it's possible :>

*Yay ok, so maybe so! lol :)

You flag yourself for pvp. If someone jumps all over you, you take no penalty if you're better than them and you end up killing them, though. And, depends on what kind of PVE you're into. If you just like instanced PVE, then you really don't need to worry about PVP. But if you and your guild really like world bosses....you'll have to jump through some hoops to avoid PVP. Remember, past 30 out of safe zones (the game will tell you you have left the safe zone and can be attacked) you can get rolled by anyone. And your armor will drop when you die, leaving other people to pick it up.

*So after lvl 30, if im just questing on my own or with a group, someone could attack me, kill me, then take all my hard earned stuff. Man I hope there is a way to bound items to me in FW.:(

mounts are class specific, there are currently no flying mounts. But someone posted a video saying PWE was working on it.

*Sweet I hope they do reconsider and make flying mounts. :D

*Thank you for Febbers for your time in reading and responding! :D
  • lunarqueen
    edited October 2010
    Ugh :o ok I messed up this quote but you know what I mean, thanks again Febbers for your feedback. lol
  • infest0r
    infest0r Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I just wanted clarification on this:

PWE is saying that the beta key guarantees you a spot in closed beta, just a different phase. However, correct me if I'm wrong, there's only been two phases announced so...does that mean everybody who has a key can get into phase 2?
  • youniverse
    edited October 2010
    xkatana10 wrote: »

Stats are increased accordingly to level and equipment. After lvl 20 your talent tree will open and you will have 1 talent point by level to distribute
  • youniverse
    edited October 2010

In FW, Will we have air or land mounts similar to PWI? and if so

There are plans to include flying mounts. There are floating guild bases and heard words about some sort of aerial PvP too. The closest thing to a flying mount what I saw was what it looked like a land mount with wings, but they might ad some altitude later. You can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXOg3wig0nI
  • youniverse
    edited October 2010
    infest0r wrote: »

PWE is saying that the beta key guarantees you a spot in closed beta, just a different phase. However, correct me if I'm wrong, there's only been two phases announced so...does that mean everybody who has a key can get into phase 2?

Sorry but only official staff would have a definite answer to that.
  • greensanta
    greensanta Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It looks like not everyone will have access at the start of the second phase, but by the time the second phase is over, all keys will have access. So if you're really unlucky, maybe you'll get an invite on the last week of phase 2.

So Phase 2 probably will have multiple waves of invites.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laotang
    laotang Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Q:
    Is defence in this game absolute? Or with a percentage?
    Example:
    Absolute: +5 def = mobs hit 5 dmg less.
    Percentage: +5 def = mobs hit 5% dmg less.
  • bourneendeavor
    bourneendeavor Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    katozuma wrote: »
    I watch a few i notice face marks u can put up there and skin tone the most....and recently after watchin BLTstudios review they kinda look alike maybe it was just the recording and uploading i dunno just rather have some1 opinion about it rather listening to some new wannabe game review(no offense bltstudios)

Each race has partial unique characteristics such as Kindred having claw-esque fingernails and a general pale complex by default. In addition you can choose between different facial patterns - the Bard can have what appears to be a butterfly around their eyes. Outside of this, the character creation is relatively limited and a far cry from PWI's. So the assumption of coming across your long lost twin a dozen times over is hardly false.

I believe the emotes are presently disabled. When I clicked the section where they would be listed, nothing was offered. If such is the case, I imagine Phase 2 will have them.
    *So after lvl 30, if im just questing on my own or with a group, someone could attack me, kill me, then take all my hard earned stuff. Man I hope there is a way to bound items to me in FW.:(

Theoretically, yes. It is not yet available in Phase 1 as far as I am aware, therefore testing is limited. That being said, from what we have heard, it would seem probable you could be PK'd anywhere outside specific "Safe" areas. I believe things can be bound though. Not certain how, I merely know the game has a tendency to toss you a ton of them early on.
    infest0r wrote: »

For memory serves, I do not believe they will allow everyone into Phase 2 immediately. It may be at a more gradual pace, although I cannot say for certain. The only guarantee we have from staff is an eventual allowance prior to the official launch of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]