test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Modifying girth or body structure?

febbersfebbers Posts: 1,565 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Suggestion Box
I get really tired of the same E-chest character model walking around. I wasn't aware that all female video game avatars needed to be built like **** stars from outer space (their waists defy physics and anatomy.) I think that you should be able to make your character a total of maybe 5 different body structures. Fat, athletic, curvy, stick-straight, and "petite" for females, and maybe turbo buff, feminine, lanky, and short for guys. Just a suggestion, as it has been bothering me a lot.

This doesn't need to be like the Sims where you can customize every single curve, but really? I have to play a marksmen if I don't want bowling balls in my shirt? And no, elfs are not flat chested enough :/
Post edited by febbers on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Art by Apple. <3
Oh, you thought that was bad? Sweetie, you have another thing coming.

Comments

• abrahamdada124abrahamdada124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    febbers wrote: »
    I get really tired of the same E-chest character model walking around. I wasn't aware that all female video game avatars needed to be built like **** stars from outer space (their waists defy physics and anatomy.) I think that you should be able to make your character a total of maybe 5 different body structures. Fat, athletic, curvy, stick-straight, and "petite" for females, and maybe turbo buff, feminine, lanky, and short for guys. Just a suggestion, as it has been bothering me a lot.

This doesn't need to be like the Sims where you can customize every single curve, but really? I have to play a marksmen if I don't want bowling balls in my shirt? And no, elfs are not flat chested enough :/

+1!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • malagaredonforummalagaredonforum Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    True, but this game was made for me. So if you please... *hands febbers 2 bowling balls for her char.*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Returning to FW. The other game failed T.T
  • themightydorkthemightydork Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I am surprised that PWE hasn't attempted to replicate the customization of PWI game in any of their more recent offerings. It is the one thing that anyone who plays MMOs can agree to - for customisation PWI knocks spots of pretty much anything else.

I know that game was built by a different team of developers (long since gone on to other things) but the game has been supported in house long enough that the customization engine should be fairly well understood - and replicated. As they appear to be using the Angelica engine still - customization to the same level as PWI should be possible.

My only guess as to why they haven't done this is the amount of bandwidth/cpu cycles handling all these custom characters use.

It is a pity - I think the ability to personalise you character in FW to the same degree as in PWI would have put this game way way way above any of the competition.
  • archicaarchica Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    YES TO THIS.

I don't mind having an unrealistically sexy body (I usually make my female characters sexy anyway, even though I'm a girl), but I would LOVE to have the option to give her different body types without changing her race.
  • lucidmuselucidmuse Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Haha, I've noticed this too. It's probably unlikely that they'll add such a feature. Compared to PWI, everything seems to lack customization options...

While we're on the topic of customization, can anyone confirm whether the hat (fashion) that we get at Freedom Harbor is supposed to change your haircut as well? Like the bard's for example. It's an incredibly minor detail...

PS: nice sig, themightydork
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwyndanwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    if they implement this i still wnt my female chars to have those bowling ball size knockers*evil grin*
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • anwyndanwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i ment i wnt to have the option of having bowling ball size knockers if they implement this
    *kicks and bashes the edit button*
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • friedfrenzy5friedfrenzy5 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I don't party with fatties. Hamburger knees not allowed.
  • fenrinafenrina Posts: 336
    edited November 2010
    I like this suggestion. They haven't had any good customizations since pwi.
    As they appear to be using the Angelica engine still - customization to the same level as PWI should be possible.
    They said they were still using it in an interview. Sucks they don't take advantage of it as much. :/
  • febbersfebbers Posts: 1,565 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Haha, I've noticed this too. It's probably unlikely that they'll add such a feature

*sigh* I know, but I still want to one day see a flat chested girl on my screen ;o; PWE won't add or delete a lot of things, like Walling...But I can hope, and if enough people agree maybe they'll take it into account, like they have in PWEChina :/
    While we're on the topic of customization, can anyone confirm whether the hat (fashion) that we get at Freedom Harbor is supposed to change your haircut as well? Like the bard's for example. It's an incredibly minor detail...
    My priest has a long pony tail. When I put my fashion fedora on, her hair changes to a short pixie cut. So, yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
  • ninja6ninja6 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I agree with this post! 100% backing it up!.

PWE should really add better customation, maybe not as good as PWI but close enough that its right behind PWI!
    JK

Im not crazy, im Looney ;)
    Heavenly Officer
    Apply now at heavenlyguild.mmoguildsites.com we're built for pve ;)
    Storm Server ~ PVE
    SirLooney ~ Human - Assassin
    LollipopSwirl ~ Dwarve - Marksman
    MsAlice ~ Kindred - Vamp
  • whitedemonkingwhitedemonking Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    not possible my ****
    Cathie-Jung-b.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    some may have gotten in by luck, but others got in through talent
    phase 2 player/design a skill winner ~ WhiteDemonKing
  • febbersfebbers Posts: 1,565 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Holy what. When did Assassins get mage gear skins? :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3