Something I don't get about Beta keys

hardcoreforever
hardcoreforever Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Off-Topic Discussion
Why hand them out if it still means you can't get in?

It's like finding a golden ticket, only to find out it's fake gold.
Post edited by hardcoreforever on
Speed Killed the Moe
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• kddfddlr
    kddfddlr Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited October 2010

you can get in in phase 2
    waiting for CBT phase 1 ...
  • itskitten
    itskitten Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Or like a lottery ticket?
    Kitten ஐ Condottieri officer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pensri
    pensri Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    sigh i know right...I think it should have gone by account age then a lucky raffle I'm sure not everyone with an old account applied. I have been with this company for a few years now and I'm little bummed I didn't get picked for phase 1. I hope they hold to their words and let everyone into phase 2 and get a chance at rewards. I also hope they don't drop us in on the last week that would hardly be fair for anyone.
  • zsonic2
    zsonic2 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Are players accepted into Phase l still able to be put into Phase ll, because the cap is being raised.
    I'm guessing yes but, since you gave me 2 keys to give to friends who can't even join me in Phase l
    (You evil people, hiding behind your [It's a test be glad you're in] shield) I'm skeptical.
    I AM KATALIN.
    The little misspelled vampire of doom on the PvP server!
  • kddfddlr
    edited October 2010
    pensri wrote: »
    sigh i know right...I think it should have gone by account age then a lucky raffle I'm sure not everyone with an old account applied. I have been with this company for a few years now and I'm little bummed I didn't get picked for phase 1. I hope they hold to their words and let everyone into phase 2 and get a chance at rewards. I also hope they don't drop us in on the last week that would hardly be fair for anyone.

where did they state they let everyone in phase 2?
    i think you ll be dissapointed
  • kakazzz
    kakazzz Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    PWE is just being coky this time. They usually hoe up as many player as they can from other games.

It is just too many people wanna play this game ><. Just take a look at the Guild Forum Section ><.

I dont think they wanna crash their servers on the 1st day of CB :).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elsiyon
    elsiyon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    the whole thing is one big conspiration whole guilds get in fake accounts get in spammers on facebook get in im just :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kddfddlr
    edited October 2010
    elsiyon wrote: »
    the whole thing is one big conspiration whole guilds get in fake accounts get in spammers on facebook get in im just :x

nope,bigger letters wont help you to get in
  • francischutney
    francischutney Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    kddfddlr wrote: »
    you can get in in phase 2

No, Phase 2 is a random draw again. You could possibly not get in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~I very much enjoy this lovely game and wonderful people here~
  • viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Much as I think this whole thing is unfair, I don't think it's right to get angry at the players (other than possibly Legend, 'cause I still don't really know the real story yet). Sure, you may disagree with the choice of contest winners, but that's not the fault of the players themselves. We all entered with the intention to win, so it'd be same if any other person won. As for the FB spamming--there's people who spammer. Oh Lordy, were there people spamming! I can't say for anyone else, but I wrote one comment and only on comment. If it's based on spammage, I wouldn't have gotten that one.

As for the Beta keys...that was a terrible move on PW's part. I can sorta-maybe understand having a smaller phase 1, just to see if their servers can take it and to get rid of the more deliberating bugs (and when it comes to selection, random -coughcough- is the only fair way to do it, even if veterans get shafted), but not letting everyone into phase 2? Complete and utter bull, in my opinion.
  • kddfddlr
    edited October 2010
    No, Phase 2 is a random draw again. You could possibly not get in

you have to register in order to have a chance to be selected for phase 2,thats why you need beta keys and thats OP question
  • elsiyon
    elsiyon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    kddfddlr wrote: »
    nope,bigger letters wont help you to get in

I dont want to get in im just tellin the dude whats the situation ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kakazzz
    kakazzz Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    "Not in Phase 1? Never fear, the closed beta will be open to everyone sooner than you think. We'll be rewarding all Closed Beta participants in due time, so stay tuned!"

I am 99% sure that everyone will get in phase 2. I dont think there will be any more phase after phase 2 :).
    So just sit down and relax brah :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lea
    lea Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    Did i red this right ? Phase 2 is just another random roll from the pool of perfect world accounts ?

I thought signing up for a cb 1/2 year before could be enough to get in, i was wrong *sigh.

And now with the knowledge that i could be refused from phase 2 too. -.-

Small hint for the next game @PW: make a counter on ur Page how many spaces left for CB phase X - Y so people dont register for something u cant deliver/offer.
  • triplock
    triplock Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well i cant wait for it to drop tommorow! :D

love my guild
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • tytannial
    tytannial Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i do think its unfair that players who signed up when the beta was first annouced dont get into CB1 but a player who signed up like 2 weeks before gets in to it which makes total nonsense... yes i understand they did a random draw if that was the case why not of said this when they gave out the keys in the first place so players knew that there was a chance they wouldnt be getting in...

PWE u really know how to anger me
  • iamdoll
    iamdoll Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I do not understand how people who signed up in the early days call this unfair. If you signed up during the first days when the beta was announced, then you should know it was originally announced to be on Winter 2010. Why would you expect to play earlier than that?

Random selection is extremely fair. Stating that someone should be prioritized because he/she's been in PWE longer is childish. That is exactly what discourages new players from trying out a game, elitism. Also, looking at it from the company's point of view, gaining new players are better than having players who play their other games switch over to another of their titles. Profit. Although that thinking will make some complain, it doesn't matter. They gain more than they lose.

Oh, and if you're all still not satisfied and really want to get into Phase 1 that much. There were various contests that rewarded access to Phase 1. Rather than whining about it, why not try doing something? If you did join and unfortunately did not win, accept it. Not everyone wins. Instead of making your life complicated by being mad at things, be optimistic and hope for the next phase. Calling things unfair won't change the fact you did not get picked for Phase 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alexi
    alexi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    iamdoll wrote: »
    I do not understand how people who signed up in the early days call this unfair. If you signed up during the first days when the beta was announced, then you should know it was originally announced to be on Winter 2010. Why would you expect to play earlier than that?

Random selection is extremely fair. Stating that someone should be prioritized because he/she's been in PWE longer is childish. That is exactly what discourages new players from trying out a game, elitism. Also, looking at it from the company's point of view, gaining new players are better than having players who play their other games switch over to another of their titles. Profit. Although that thinking will make some complain, it doesn't matter. They gain more than they lose.

Oh, and if you're all still not satisfied and really want to get into Phase 1 that much. There were various contests that rewarded access to Phase 1. Rather than whining about it, why not try doing something? If you did join and unfortunately did not win, accept it. Not everyone wins. Instead of making your life complicated by being mad at things, be optimistic and hope for the next phase. Calling things unfair won't change the fact you did not get picked for Phase 1.

Like I said on the other thread, the very first time you were able to register for CBT, the release date hadnt been announced yet, so people that signed up then, didnt know it would be in winter. The announcment came later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tojupi
    tojupi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I believe nearly everyone who received a key before the lottery was announced,
    especially those who were accepted into beta and given two extra keys for friends,
    will get in.

If you've received a key at some point in time and your Forsaken World account
    status says 'accepted' (beta) in your 'my account', you will eventually get in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

CB1 Haters- Making playing games for fun illegal.