Zomg its Tres.

Play sum LoL tonight?
  • tres
    tres Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    llama wrote: »
    Zomg its Tres.

Play sum LoL tonight?

You know what why the heck not ill get on in a bit doing some studying right now lol.
  • rockychan
    rockychan Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    t0yo wrote: »
    NOOOOOOO YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME I WANNA GO TO BED BUT ILL KEEP WONDERING.

You're most probably from NocturnalDreams? Your name seems very familiar. You're using the old guild name I know you by?

No, I am not from Nocturnal. You are very very far from it. And my forumname is way different from my gaming name. You know, I am kinda a ****, only in this case! So I will not tell you at all and will let you keep wondering who I am =x.
  • teros
    teros Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    llama wrote: »
    Zomg its Tres.

Play sum LoL tonight?

Ewww... yall play LoL.
  • llama
    llama Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Llama gonna be playin fw? lol

I will try it. But if the douche bag ratio is any where near PW, probably not and certainly don't have the time to no life it.

But figured I'm already infamous, may as well do it.
  • xenophobe
    xenophobe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    For a detailed post of all I have to say on the matter:
    [ click ]

I cba to post all that here just to have it deleted. For the record, it does not breach any of the PWE forum conduct rules, does not pin the blame on anyone, and does not accuse anyone of anything.

I've all but stopped posting on these forums entirely, because quite frankly there isn't much left worth reading here that doesn't get posted elsewhere now, but I am still around... for now.

Edit:
    crabclaw wrote: »
    I edited your FWhaven post into your post for you. It wont be deleted.

You can remove it if you want, up to you.

tl;dr: If you can't be arsed to read, that's not my problem. I don't really make these kinds of posts on community forums much, but the severe lack of things being dealt with and/or analyzed properly astounds and annoys me. The below is an unbiased look at the situation.

Alright. Here are some things to consider.

People have known for over a month that Zankou was boasting that his guild would get access. It had been leaked around between several guilds due to certain others spying, but was written off as ******** because why would anyone believe that a person who can't even spell properly have the backing of a PR representative?

However - tally up the guilds. How many of them have a ranking officer in the beta? How many of them have their guild leader in the beta? The logical and easy to come to conclusion is that the rumor had some truth to it. Besides, if it were a scam to recruit more members, it wouldn't have worked very well if it were posted on the official forums, right?

Before I begin, let me add that the majority of people outside that alliance that got in have an account that was made in the last ~6 months. Many (not all, just a lot of) accounts that are older than that received no email to confirm or deny. In addition to that, the keys sent out in the "share with friends" emails seem to grant access more often than the ones people got upon signing up.

This evidence clearly discredits any notion that any deluded person may have regarding the experience and quality of the beta testing able to be done by any specific player. Why is this? Because PWE has little or no way of actually knowing the quality of a player's beta testing because they didn't ask questions regarding it, and many new accounts were chosen that have no PWE history, meaning they didn't look at an account's history for prior beta tests with PWE.

Now, let's analyze this rumor:

If you notice in the screen shot, all the quoted text "from Jason" is properly iterated. Correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. This implies that either Zankou's entire history of poor grammar and spelling (which is pretty well recognized) is either an act of deception or laziness, or someone else (not necessarily Jason) typed that message.

Continuing on, it's stated by the mods (again, don't blame them, they probably have no say in anything related to the selection process, but at the same time, they probably have limited knowledge of who was actually selected...), that no official investigation was put out by PWE when this information was PMed to moderators (and yes, I do know it was PMed because I know several of the people who PMed it; yes, several). The most likely assumption is that the mods simply do not know. It's possible they know and are covering, but why would they bother doing that for how low the pay is working with an MMO community when the risk of it blowing up in their faces is so high? That doesn't look good on a future resume.

Furthermore, if you examine Crabclaw's justification - that there were members of the guild that didn't get in, you should then examine those who didn't get in. Zankou asked for a list of names to give to Jason, and he continued on to say that people who weren't accepted as well as people who had received no email should submit their account names again. Thus, one way to prove this rumor (although it could be true without this happening), is for someone's acceptance status to actually change from not accepted to phase 1, to accepted to phase 1. If that happens, PWE cannot hide; the players will know the truth. It's surely not the only way to know, but it would be some pretty conclusive proof, wouldn't you think?

After examining all that, if the mods don't know and are putting out information that directly contradicts what evidence there is at large, you then have to consider just who it is that can put out an official statement to quiet the community down or completely rally them against PWE - and that person is Jason Varden himself. I'm not saying be a **** and call him on things that we're not sure even occurred, but I am saying that asking for an official statement specifically from him would be worth a lot more than even a hundred posts from the handful of moderators putting out what little information and assumptions they have on the matter.

On the note of PWE themselves:

It's in their best interest to clarify this rumor as best they can with as many informed people as they can, in as much detail as they are able. PWE already receives a lot of criticism for cash shop items deemed too expensive or too overpowered, in addition to making a lot of game features and accomplishments easier/cheaper after a majority of players have already done things the hard way.

Despite all this, they have a huge following for FW because it honestly seems like a very different game from all their others, and it seems like the place where all the cash shop money from the other games went. That does not mean that a dumb mistake or a stupid move of favoritism (or even a rumor of either) can't cost them the problem-free CB & OB launches they are expecting.

The community can make or break a game, especially when conflict starts so close to an opening date. They would do well to remember that, and to try to get a higher ranking official than a moderator to speak to the community on the matter.

Lastly, no I'm not some butthurt person who didn't get into CB. I got an email that no one else seems to have received, and don't really know how to interpret it - it says I got selected, but like I said, it's completely different from all the other ones I've seen. Can't really be butthurt if I don't even know, can I? The above is as unbiased as you'll probably see anyone put it.

/tl;dr
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    tres wrote: »
    Gettin ready to take the map over and then disband. High fives for everyone who gets that.

oh hi tres, warmachine here, holla at me some time. Is your brother going to play too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crabclaw
    crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    xenophobe wrote: »
    I cba to post all that here just to have it deleted.

• tres
    edited October 2010
    dekciw wrote: »
    oh hi tres, warmachine here, holla at me some time. Is your brother going to play too?

supppp warmachine you stopped getting on League lol and he may Neither of us got into CB1 so its in the air. I'll most likely be playing though.
  • tiberiouswolf
    tiberiouswolf Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Honestly I just can't wait for this pity party to be over and done with. All of this whining and silly "not fair, he cheat!" bs is pretty sad, but funny too. In a this is so sad it's funny way. Like watching a little kid run into a glass door and fall over and cry. Yup...
  • xenophobe
    edited October 2010

Fair enough, I don't mind. I'll quote this up there.

Either way, I doubt many people will read the whole thing. =P
  • apatheus123
    apatheus123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I hope these forums don't have more potential for PvP than the game itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mutatedskull
    mutatedskull Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Honestly I just can't wait for this pity party to be over and done with. All of this whining and silly "not fair, he cheat!" bs is pretty sad, but funny too. In a this is so sad it's funny way. Like watching a little kid run into a glass door and fall over and cry. Yup...

Accepted?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blacklaws
    blacklaws Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I just hope either something is done or at least admitted.. it's not whining someone cheated or not its just shady operations.. i mean what does happen when their PKed every movement whats the repercussion?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Heaven Calls Forth its blade and its thirst is quenched in blood"
    Bloodpact.net
  • nightbloom
    nightbloom Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Can we be friends? Only 5 of my guildies got into the CB and that is a really small number compared to some "other" guilds, I'd like to see a few more get in...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Apply to join at avalonguild.com
  • alexi
    alexi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Funny how your first comment is lame
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • masterofhentai
    masterofhentai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010

This isn't a pity party, it's more of a post count party now a days.
    MasterOfHentai
    HentaiOverlord of NewMaidLand Company
    9000 Weeaboo Ave Ste. 069
    Over The Rainbow, Space 12345
  • mikoto
    mikoto Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    tres wrote: »
    supppp warmachine you stopped getting on League lol and he may Neither of us got into CB1 so its in the air. I'll most likely be playing though.

Aren't you supposed to be busy farming in that other game of yours in preparation!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tiberiouswolf
    edited October 2010
    Accepted?

Hahaha that is the best part is that I didn't get accepted! I just know when it's time to stop whining and get on to something more important.
  • tres
    edited October 2010
    mikoto wrote: »
    Aren't you supposed to be busy farming in that other game of yours in preparation!?

Arent you supposed to be in a kitchen making someone a sammich i mean wait what.
  • sarula
    sarula Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well PWE did **** up there, a) beta lottery b) extra key's for your friends. Those are just two of many marketing campaigns gone wrong.

Keys for friends in which friends end up in beta and you dont, while you've waited many months for the game and been a contributing member in the community. Yeah that is not fair at all.

I suspect that their is a chance that it is a half truth, A lottery of players were randomly selected, and their is a good chance that some players have been "personally" selected. PWE didn't explain that it could happen, but who's to say it couldn't happen. Either way, I would like to see a proper response to the community as each individual does deserve a response to the "conspiracy" that has happened.

Me myself being potentially apart of it, would like to see a response to weather its true, bogus, or partly try and as for the moment I dont think either the moderators, nor crab can give us that answer.

For many there are a lot of questions left un-answered, it would be nice to see some sort of setup to have these questions answered.
    Sakora
  • anjuthedwarf
    anjuthedwarf Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hahaha that is the best part is that I didn't get accepted! I just know when it's time to stop whining and get on to something more important.

This wouldn't be an online gaming forum if people weren't nerd raging about nothing
  • xenophobe
    edited October 2010
    The reason this thread exists is not because some people are butthurt about not being accepted, though I'm sure plenty of people are.

It exists because if it didn't, there'd be a lot more than one thread due to this needing proper clarification from a higher source than the forum mods. No offense to the mods, but a forum mod can't do and be everything.

QQing about not getting in is one thing, but accusations of favoritism aren't handled well by MMO communities. This is because favoritism isn't just a problem with CB. If left unclear, it's very possible that people may start dropping the game due to concern about future GM favoritism or feeling like they'll be banned for PKing a certain guild (aka playing the game). It has happened in other games before, and everyone it's happened to remembers.
  • eloquencefaded
    eloquencefaded Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It's great that everyone's excited. I understand that it sucks when there is something going on that rather looks like blatant favoritism; however, as users there is little that can be done other than some intelligent complaining about the situation. Emphasis on the intelligence thing.

I'm all for stating your opinion/views/feelings to the team that runs a game. But, 80 pages about guild favoritism kinda makes me go O_O;

I didn't get in either. Seeing all this stuff makes me bummed as well, but you know.... it's just a game.
  • mutatedskull
    mutatedskull Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2010

I got accepted, and still find this thread amusing, yet the situation is ****ed up.
    Accepted or not, this ain't right
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • naninr
    naninr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    If they show favouritism now whats to stop them from showing favouritism in OB
  • eloquencefaded
    eloquencefaded Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    -scratches head- how do you show favoritism in OB?
  • tiberiouswolf
    edited October 2010
    I see how that could be problematic. What could these "favorites" possibly have done though that would even warrant them preferential treatment? And besides this guild having a bunch of members in cb, what is the other proof? As far as I know one of their more desperate members could have just had made a bunch o Alta, filled it with the friend beta keys, and then passed the accounts to the ones who didn't get in? I don't like jumping to bad conclusions too fast.
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I see how that could be problematic. What could these "favorites" possibly have done though that would even warrant them preferential treatment? And besides this guild having a bunch of members in cb, what is the other proof?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtMJiXHRgIU

http://www.fwhaven.com/index.php?/topic/90-the-real-reason-you-didnt-get-into-cb1/

It appears the leader of the guild knows someone from PWE FW team that can get them into closed beta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xenophobe
    edited October 2010
    naninr wrote: »
    If they show favouritism now whats to stop them from showing favouritism in OB

Precisely the logic I'm referring to.
    -scratches head- how do you show favoritism in OB?

Giving out special treatment of course is not related solely to CB access, lol. Imagine a guild that doesn't get banned for breaching conduct rules, and other guilds getting banned for PKing them for it for so-called "harassment".

This creates a grey area between the black and white due to the discretion granted to GMs and the like, and players really hate and fear that kind of thing, especially in MMOs where your character represents your time, effort, and sometimes your money.

I'm not saying it will happen, and for the most part, no one else is either. It's just an example that has come true before, and that players have a reason to be suspicious.
    I see how that could be problematic. What could these "favorites" possibly have done though that would even warrant them preferential treatment? And besides this guild having a bunch of members in cb, what is the other proof? As far as I know one of their more desperate members could have just had made a bunch o Alta, filled it with the friend beta keys, and then passed the accounts to the ones who didn't get in? I don't like jumping to bad conclusions too fast.

If you read the original screen shots you would know that your post is full of incorrect information.

First off, the guild leader of the guild that boasts the entry rate of 90% has been saying to his guild for over a month that his guild would have guaranteed access because he was friends with the PR representative Jasen Varden. It's not that they "did" anything.

Second, there is no conclusive proof - only some very suspicious evidence that has been going on for some time. If their guild leader were lying to them in any easy-to-prove way, don't you think they'd have left?

Third, if they made a bunch of alts to get beta access, why do the members say they have access on their main accounts, and why did Zankou ask for his guild to submit their PWE account names to a list to be given to the PR rep?

I'm not saying the evidence is conclusive or that the rumor is true, but it's always better to inform yourself of a situation before you jump into it headfirst.
This discussion has been closed.