from level 1 - level cap, How long should it take?

Comments

• gummybear69
    gummybear69 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I think it should take a while to reach level cap. Its **** for everyone to be hitting cap within the first few months. Then everyone plays through all the endgame content then starts to get bored because there hasn't been any expansions cuz its only been 2 MONTHS since the game was released. As much as I hate a crazy grind, I don't think getting through the levels should be incredibly easy and fast. Even if you have no life and live off starbucks and twinkies and never sleeps and plays 24/7.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    BL:R
    GummyBear69
    East Server
    Not part of a clan yet...No one has asked.
    I don't like Piledriver... I either suck or play really good on it... annoys me. lol.
    I don't lag, crash or anything.
  • onestarz
    onestarz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    +1 for takeing time... i cant tell you how many times i got hooked onto a game only to beat it in like 3 days.. im defintly gona take my time but try not to slack and go really slow xD... i want to explore and even read all the quests xD

i want the full expirence of what PWE has to offer with this game and that can only be acomplished by takeing your time
    No longer participating in FW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a Master Healer. But all Masters still have much to learn.
  • xxblindmanxx
    xxblindmanxx Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I think it should take a while to reach level cap. Its **** for everyone to be hitting cap within the first few months. Then everyone plays through all the endgame content then starts to get bored because there hasn't been any expansions cuz its only been 2 MONTHS since the game was released. As much as I hate a crazy grind, I don't think getting through the levels should be incredibly easy and fast. Even if you have no life and live off starbucks and twinkies and never sleeps and plays 24/7.

Exactly. Last game I played this happened, except everyone was max lvl in like 1 month lol. So eventually everyone ended up quitting except for the elitist who stayed behind to rule everything. :sigh: Let's hope this game takes a good 5-6 months for a hardcore player to reach max lvl.
    Ragnarok Commander
    [SIGPIC]http://ragnarok.omgforum.net/[/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Xandyr for the Sig!
    Ragnarok is recruiting PvE and PvP players for world domination! Check us out at ragnarok.omgforum.net!
  • magicle
    magicle Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Exactly. Last game I played this happened, except everyone was max lvl in like 1 month lol. So eventually everyone ended up quitting except for the elitist who stayed behind to rule everything. :sigh: Let's hope this game takes a good 5-6 months for a hardcore player to reach max lvl.

This.

10charsftw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porcupine - Priest.
    Magicle - Mage.
  • mushroomtat
    mushroomtat Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Nothing wrong with it taking months to hit max level, but years is just rediculous. I'm not saying there shouldn't be content and gear to attain that takes a long amount of time, but nobody likes level grinding and getting like 5% of a level in a day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Warrior - 40 - MushroomTat
    Priest - 30 - DingDongFu
    Vampire - 30 - Sookie
    Marksman - 30 - MiniT
    Assassin - 28 - RageQuit
    Bard - 30 - IGiveGoodAural
    Protector -29 - OffensiveTank
    Mage - 27 - ThisClassBlows
  • onestarz
    onestarz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Nothing wrong with it taking months to hit max level, but years is just rediculous. I'm not saying there shouldn't be content and gear to attain that takes a long amount of time, but nobody likes level grinding and getting like 5% of a level in a day.

oh yea lol years its a COMPLEAT differnent thing
    as far as being in high lvls.. in the western world i expect the ability to get half a level for a full day of lvling
    in the eastrn world id expect... 1/20 a day?... xD
    No longer participating in FW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a Master Healer. But all Masters still have much to learn.
  • lavos900
    lavos900 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You level fast in the Chinese version, because it is completely quest-based. You get way more than 1/20th of a level just doing 1 quest that takes <5 minutes.
  • xxxdrackosxxx
    xxxdrackosxxx Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lavos900 wrote: »
    You level fast in the Chinese version, because it is completely quest-based. You get way more than 1/20th of a level just doing 1 quest that takes <5 minutes.

Good to know , if it's the case , even at the last levels , it's enough for me ^^.
  • pandoraremix
    pandoraremix Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The longer it takes to hit cap, the shittier the PVP is (and the less of it there is.)

It's just... bleh. Like, if you have to grind all day every day for your entire play time just to keep up with the other people that do, that's ****. It's better to have to hardcore for like 2 weeks, hit "endgame" level, and then be able to focus on PVPing and gearing up.

The main problem with PWI is that it strongly rewarded the people that did nothing but grind all day and then TW. The people that PVP'd a lot couldn't keep up. It was one of the contributing factors that ruined the game (by the time they came out with oracle **** it was already too late.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deal with it - umadbro.net
  • hijikatasan
    hijikatasan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The longer it takes to hit cap, the shittier the PVP is (and the less of it there is.)

It's just... bleh. Like, if you have to grind all day every day for your entire play time just to keep up with the other people that do, that's ****. It's better to have to hardcore for like 2 weeks, hit "endgame" level, and then be able to focus on PVPing and gearing up.

The main problem with PWI is that it strongly rewarded the people that did nothing but grind all day and then TW. The people that PVP'd a lot couldn't keep up. It was one of the contributing factors that ruined the game (by the time they came out with oracle **** it was already too late.)

That would be interesting but i doubt PWE would do such a thing. Btw are you that mage from PWI who used to be popular for that Mage build on forums? Pandora the female wizard (male player)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do not worry... Its just red paint." ;P

(\ __/)..........(\___/).............
    (^,..,^)
    ..<3.. (=,..,=)...........
    C(")_(")
    .........(")_(")D.....4utnv
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    1 Month. 10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadowegasm
    shadowegasm Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I would be surprised if it takes more than 3 months to hit cap. That is 5 hours a day and nolifing on the weekends.
    My social life is really gonna go down the drain when this game gets released. FFFF
    RageQuit- Always outnumbered, never outgunned.
    Shadowe- RageQuit Officer/Recruiter
    Shadowe L4X Human Assassin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lavos900
    edited August 2010
    O look it's Shadowe. I stomped Reality on LOCO, hebad.

ANyway, leveling speed in this game is, unfortunately, quite largely down to RNG. Grinding is rpetty unrealistic in this game, you can get an hours worth in grind in 30 seconds through a daily quest. Basically, from a guy in town you can do 30 quests per day, and each quest you take is random as far as I can see. Some are worth, for me atm like 5K xp (Level ~24/25), and take as I say, anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes. Grinding mobs gives about 35 or 36 xp each, and to get 5K XP would take a LONG time in comparison.

But with the guy in town, sometimes I pick up a quest and it's only worth like 400 or 500 xp, so, really, leveling is kinda totally dependant on what quests you manage to get from him. For people to keep grinding after doing these 30 quests per day, that's really committed, since they're worth such terrible XP in comparison, you'll always know that you're leveling slow as fook without quests.

The game has such a fast level pace from 1 - 23, but then it kinda stops dead, just like that. The XP to level is going up quite exponentially, WAY more than quest rewards are. Level 15 or so I was getting 3K per quest with lots of story quests, and around 10K to level. Now, at 25, it's 6K per quest and 85K to level. And as I said, grinding isn't really feasible, so the leveling pace kinda hits a stone wall there, because story quests run dry at 24 as well.

On the positive side though, it makes leveling up multiple chars rather easy, you just need to log in and do the 30 dailies which takes like 2 hours or something with all the running, but it allows you to still level up other chars easily while still focusing on a main one.
  • magicle
    edited August 2010
    @Lavos900
    Thanks for sharing, that was actually quite helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porcupine - Priest.
    Magicle - Mage.
  • crimsonsh
    crimsonsh Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited August 2010

ANyway, leveling speed in this game is, unfortunately, quite largely down to RNG. Grinding is rpetty unrealistic in this game, you can get an hours worth in grind in 30 seconds through a daily quest. Basically, from a guy in town you can do 30 quests per day, and each quest you take is random as far as I can see. Some are worth, for me atm like 5K xp (Level ~24/25), and take as I say, anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes. Grinding mobs gives about 35 or 36 xp each, and to get 5K XP would take a LONG time in comparison.

But with the guy in town, sometimes I pick up a quest and it's only worth like 400 or 500 xp, so, really, leveling is kinda totally dependant on what quests you manage to get from him. For people to keep grinding after doing these 30 quests per day, that's really committed, since they're worth such terrible XP in comparison, you'll always know that you're leveling slow as fook without quests.

The game has such a fast level pace from 1 - 23, but then it kinda stops dead, just like that. The XP to level is going up quite exponentially, WAY more than quest rewards are. Level 15 or so I was getting 3K per quest with lots of story quests, and around 10K to level. Now, at 25, it's 6K per quest and 85K to level. And as I said, grinding isn't really feasible, so the leveling pace kinda hits a stone wall there, because story quests run dry at 24 as well.

On the positive side though, it makes leveling up multiple chars rather easy, you just need to log in and do the 30 dailies which takes like 2 hours or something with all the running, but it allows you to still level up other chars easily while still focusing on a main one.

Eh, still sounds fairly managable, especially if you can pile quests which can overlap to save time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IGN: Crimmson
    Class: Vampire

\m/ Long Live Metal \m/
  • lavos900
    edited August 2010
    You can't Crimson, it's only 1 quest at a time. You pick one up, run to the NPC, buy an item (most of the time it's buy an item), run back, turn it in, take the next one, run to the NPC, get an item, turn it in, get the next one, run to NPC, get item, turn it in.

Over and over and over. Like 85% of them are to buy items, rarely you get one where you just need to stand somewhere. And every so often, like 1/10, you get one where you have to complete another guy's quests (stood right next to him), which is always kill quest.

The impression you come away with from the game is running. You'll spend over half your time running around. I'm not saying whether it's good or bad yet, it certainly makes a change from the usual free MMORPG feeling you get which is grinding, this one is just running. The kill quests are generally to kill 10 or something, at least so far, you spend ~5-10 minutes killing stuff, then 30 minutes of running between NPCs. It's run run run run, and a mount will definitely make your life easier.
  • magicle
    edited August 2010
    @Lavos900
    I think he means you're able to stack it with normal quests (not daily ones) to make questing more efficient-wise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porcupine - Priest.
    Magicle - Mage.
  • lavos900
    edited August 2010
    Not really, unfortunately. Most of the normal quests are outside the city, 20+ you have to teleport to a specific area to do the story quests/normal quests, and as I said, they basically disappear at 24. I have like 3 or 4 quests available outside the town, and I only can't do those because I can't figure them out and not sure what to do.

All my leveling has to come from the dailies which are 1 at a time. Before level 24 though, the dailies aren't needed at all.
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Most games are like that, low levels go by relatively quickly and then you end up at a point where there is nothing but grind. Even PWI (back when it started) was like that, low levels were quick and then nothing but grind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lavos900
    edited August 2010
    No it's not grind fireblood, that's the point. You don't grind, it takes too long. It's just a lack of quests beyond the dailies, there aren't any. They made a purely quest-based game, which doesn't have enough quests.
  • xxxdrackosxxx
    edited August 2010
    Hmm , how did the Chinese guys get to level 50+ and test all the game if there is a huge lack of quests ? Those Chinese players must be really no-lifes to do that . Honestly , I don't see myself grinding as I did in PWI pre-extention . It was so harmful .
  • lavos900
    edited August 2010
    For the record drackos, I only JUST saw the first level 50 ever, I've been clicking on hundreds of people in the city, and everyone has been at most 45, 50 is really the highest levels from what I've seen.

And as I said, you do dailies, that's the main soure of leveling for now. I can't tell come level 26 when story quests continue, but for these levels, dailies is the only choice.
  • xxxdrackosxxx
    edited August 2010
    It's the same thing with Aion , I mean , the lack of quests was one of the major problems when Aion was released . I hope they add a lot of quests at the beta version.
  • febbers
    febbers Posts: 1,565 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Are you kidding? Aion had quests up until 45. Cap was 50. It was at 50 when things really hit the fan and got boring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
    Oh, you thought that was bad? Sweetie, you have another thing coming.
  • xxxdrackosxxx
    edited October 2010
    febbers wrote: »
    Are you kidding? Aion had quests up until 45. Cap was 50. It was at 50 when things really hit the fan and got boring.

If you want me to answer such questions , pm me because mods now don't like us to talk about other mmorpgs.( was it really necessary to up this topic just for that ? )

I guess I have to cloture the topic before it gets locked . I think that we can't really talk about the leveling process in FW , since exp rate can be modified easily.
    But I suppose that it should be more casual than other PWE games , since it's made for both eastern and western players .
    So I think that , if a casual gamer like me can be level max in 3-4 months , it would be perfect.
  • sumofishy
    sumofishy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    So I think that , if a casual gamer like me can be level max in 3-4 months , it would be perfect.

o think 5-6 months for casual, 3-4 for moderate, 2-3 for hardcore

casual being for normal people, moderate being like twice a day and occasional alll-nighters, hardcore being just scary
    Not in CB1 or 2... >.<
    I don't think I'm wanted in FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priestess
    sumofishy
    Alchemist/Tamer
  • xxxdrackosxxx
    edited October 2010
    sumofishy wrote: »
    o think 5-6 months for casual, 3-4 for moderate, 2-3 for hardcore

casual being for normal people, moderate being like twice a day and occasional alll-nighters, hardcore being just scary

You mean twice a week ? So I am a moderate player because I do play on week ends and nights in normal days (except exam days99.gif xD ) .
    Ok so it confirms that I can be level max in 3-4 months , thx sumofish ^^.

PS : yeye , I reached 200 posts ! 105.gif
  • pensri
    pensri Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well since this game is going to have a "God" system from what Iv been searching and reading. The cap probably my guess will be between 80 to 100. And It wouldn't make sense to make it take too long at first because the first 10 players to do it get to be the gods. That's when we can do server battles. It was saying like those who have a God in their guild can do those. So my guess is those 3 to 5 months ish for hardcore players. That or close to a year but I don't think it will take a full year to hit the first Cap so that we can all move forward with the game. But hey that's just my guess. here is the link to the info I was reading.

http://www.mmoculture.com/2010/03/forsaken-world-features-pt-4.html
  • massy1988
    massy1988 Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    That's not true. I hit 77 in PW in under 2 months, no way would it take over a year to get 91. You're not playing very much if it took you that long. I have 856 hours played, and level 77.

how long ago was that? o.0
    Did u play wen pwi was released? if yes then ull kno wat he was talking about...
    I played like 15+ hours a day and it took me around 5 months to get to 70+, now with bh and all that **** lvling in pw is too easy, its one of the reasons me and most of the veteran pw players left :/
    [SIGPIC]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5925/4iz53.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    The objective is not to die for your faction...
    but to make the other **** die for his...

Guild: Ragnarok
  • hirachan
    hirachan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I kinda agree with the others. 5-6 months sounds appropriate.
    Also, 1 year to level to 100+ in PWI? Yuh doin' it wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]