Guild Castles

r0v3rh3drix
r0v3rh3drix Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
post information regarding guild castles in this thread

i really wanted to know how one goes about acquiring one of these flying castles. are they like territories in PWI (ie fixed amount) or can u construct one if you have the required resources.

also can u take over guild castles are they just there for show.

i would like to see a system in place where you can attack guild castles and gain control of them at anytime as opposed organised fights like TW. this would give high levels something to fight for/do when they are bored.

objective based pvp is great because it is meaningful. often "pvp games" have pvp content but you gain nothing from it and there is no strategy or management involved. the best rewards are gained through pve which is often dull and boring bcos it was never a focus during development.

there should also be rewards for holding these castles such buffs or money or exclusive consumables, higher chance of refining etc etc.

i would like to seen some sort of relic system where u capture relics and keep them in ur castle generating buffs and people can attack and take your relics or even attack and take your whole castle.
Post edited by r0v3rh3drix on

Comments

• emichan123321
    emichan123321 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i no u can construct ur own buildings and get ur own NPCs w special quests and stuff. and u fight for them, and can take hem over. but tht all i no
    BlackCard♥ Memeber/Recruiter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We just witnessed a classic example of what I call miss directed rage, I believe the technical term is being an ****. - Fruits Basket
  • febbers
    febbers Posts: 1,565 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    YOU HAVE A GARDEN THAT YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF : D

That's the only thing that matters, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
    Oh, you thought that was bad? Sweetie, you have another thing coming.
  • badazmofo
    badazmofo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    >:O you mean i can grow my vegtables while defending the castle yusssssssssssssss

On topic: kinda hopeing for the 24/7 kinda TW thing (just spontanious battles for castles) or maybe being able to "raid" a castle and get some coin (the tradeable coin not the soul bound stuff)
  • febbers
    edited September 2010
    I'm actually trying really hard to look into it...but the chinese players that I play with/have met don't do sieges :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
  • emichan123321
    emichan123321 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i want my own guild garden : D
    BlackCard♥ Memeber/Recruiter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We just witnessed a classic example of what I call miss directed rage, I believe the technical term is being an ****. - Fruits Basket
  • badazmofo
    edited September 2010
    wtf who doesnt wanna do a siege i think it would be amazeing expecialy for an insomniac like me. (I get so bored i go and siege my fridge)
  • febbers
    edited September 2010
    They're all lowbies like me, QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
  • badazmofo
    edited September 2010
    Awe that sucks.... btw is there any world bosses near the Kindred starter area?
  • tolichan
    tolichan Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    That would mean making a vampire character.

From what I understand most of the "castle" is customizable. I am not ENTIRELY sure though. I will look into it more.
  • sumofishy
    sumofishy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    there should also be rewards for holding these castles such buffs or money or exclusive consumables, higher chance of refining etc etc.

i would like to seen some sort of relic system where u capture relics and keep them in ur castle generating buffs and people can attack and take your relics or even attack and take your whole castle.

what if you get these buffs when its being attacked? if attacks are common, a general buff would be better, but if its a sem-rare/rare occurance, id like attackers to need skills. Plus a limit upon control time. If theres a pure P2P guild, and they buy expensive stuff, they will control all territories forever. OP. Solution, moderator. Maybe a raid of elites make them fight, or hide. Plus, a limit to how many people can fight in the wars. That takes away huge guilds from being OP.

IDK. I hope they do have a guild castle system
    Not in CB1 or 2... >.<
    I don't think I'm wanted in FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priestess
    sumofishy
    Alchemist/Tamer
  • r0v3rh3drix
    edited September 2010
    sumofishy wrote: »
    what if you get these buffs when its being attacked? if attacks are common, a general buff would be better, but if its a sem-rare/rare occurance, id like attackers to need skills. Plus a limit upon control time. If theres a pure P2P guild, and they buy expensive stuff, they will control all territories forever. OP. Solution, moderator. Maybe a raid of elites make them fight, or hide. Plus, a limit to how many people can fight in the wars. That takes away huge guilds from being OP.

IDK. I hope they do have a guild castle system

yeh such systems always need heavy balancing.

from what i hear, these castles are contructed by players and thus they are no limited by terriories so all players can have a castle.
  • p3quette
    p3quette Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    all i have readed so far about flying guild catle is:

- more then hundred available
    - u can build building to get more items/quest/fishing spot/buff/crafting receipe and more ....
    - some castle will have special feature that other castle doesnt have (like the pot in 1k in pwi game)
    - sieging ennemy guild castle will take on sheduled date (guess it like tw in pwi)

* that it for now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pizzblack
    pizzblack Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You have to buy a castle. Place a bid on it, but if another guild wants that place you'll have to out

bid them.

Good luck.
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

There once was a BlackCard...~
  • xreinhart
    xreinhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    p3quette wrote: »
    all i have readed so far about flying guild catle is:

- more then hundred available
    - u can build building to get more items/quest/fishing spot/buff/crafting receipe and more ....
    - some castle will have special feature that other castle doesnt have (like the pot in 1k in pwi game)
    - sieging ennemy guild castle will take on sheduled date (guess it like tw in pwi)

* that it for now
    There should be far less than 100. I'm not sure what they were thinking here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pizzblack
    pizzblack Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    xreinhart wrote: »
    There should be far less than 100. I'm not sure what they were thinking here.

Find a base over a swampy area, and make a guild called LegionOfDoom.

Make sure your name is LexLuthor.
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

There once was a BlackCard...~
  • finfiny
    finfiny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    post information regarding guild castles in this thread

i really wanted to know how one goes about acquiring one of these flying castles. are they like territories in PWI (ie fixed amount) or can u construct one if you have the required resources.

also can u take over guild castles are they just there for show.

i would like to see a system in place where you can attack guild castles and gain control of them at anytime as opposed organised fights like TW. this would give high levels something to fight for/do when they are bored.

objective based pvp is great because it is meaningful. often "pvp games" have pvp content but you gain nothing from it and there is no strategy or management involved. the best rewards are gained through pve which is often dull and boring bcos it was never a focus during development.

NO VIOLENCE!!! D= Make love!!! T_T

*shoots you in the head just in case*

btw I finks this should be in the suggestion thread O=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finny
    Marksman
    Phoenix Guild
    RGD 1
    Phoenix Designer

Let our Phoenix set your asses on FIRE.
  • youniverse
    youniverse Posts: 75
    edited September 2010
    You can either buy a floating base on an auction or take over some other guild's fortress.

First you need to construct buildings on the base to have benefits. First is the castle, or fortress. Once you have a 2nd level castle, the base itself will be upgraded to lvl 2 and a bunch of new buildings can be built. Garden, Geological Research Building, Pet Practice Room, Fishing Ground, Energy Well, Alchemy Room, Bar, etc.

Benefits:

Special pets and pet skills. You can increase your pets XP or learn pet skills very useful in PvP. ("Group Dominancy", "Group Freez", etc.).

Ore mining and herbs collecting. Resource for high level ores and herbs. Special mining tools for easier mining.

High level recipes and alchemy formulas.

Oh, and I've heard that you get the flying mount there, not sure though.
  • r0v3rh3drix
    edited September 2010
    finfiny wrote: »
    NO VIOLENCE!!! D= Make love!!! T_T

*shoots you in the head just in case*

btw I finks this should be in the suggestion thread O=

asian mmorpg pve sucks balls generally

pvp is slightly more interesting
  • khelbaran
    khelbaran Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    All I hope is that it's not possible for a guild to have all castles :/

I remember that back in Perfect World MY-EN, some guild (can't remember the name) had over 85 % of the territories... It kills the PvP on the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: VelvetRose
    Race: Elf
    Class: Bard
  • p3quette
    p3quette Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    khelbaran wrote: »

I remember that back in Perfect World MY-EN, some guild (can't remember the name) had over 85 % of the territories... It kills the PvP on the server.

i really hope to cause currently in pwi lost city server,almost a year ago, 1 guild had all territories , disbanded and now anoter guild is slowly starting to do the same

but guild in pwi are better get all territories that the problem expecialy with last tw patch which give rank 9 items that can only obtained threw territories
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bunnypirates
    bunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If your guild owns a castle, does it mean that other guilds can just attack it whenever they want, or can you refuse if you don't really feel like punching anyone in the face? And can every guild own a castle or if there like one castle limit per area/map?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O:
  • zappygun
    zappygun Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    febbers wrote: »
    YOU HAVE A GARDEN THAT YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF : D

That's the only thing that matters, right?

Don't forget about the fact that the guild castles fly!! FLYING VEGGIES FTW!!!!
    For Phoenix I ride, for Phoenix I fight, for Phoenix I die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join NeverForever! Go to boi-never.guildportal.com and apply; or look for "Join our guild!" in the community tavern (be sure to post your future IGN). :)

IGN: MurderZ
    Class: Champion
    Guild + Rank: NeverForever Leader
    Server: Atlantis
    Level: 42
  • onestarz
    onestarz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i havnt read all of this xD so idk if its been said but i think i remember that the world needs to progress to a certain time before the floating guild castles come in
    No longer participating in FW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a Master Healer. But all Masters still have much to learn.
  • linusstaf
    linusstaf Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2010

I read somewhere that the total number of bases was 700, but only at a later server era.
    Can't find that anywhere now though...

And to answer another question I saw somewhere in the thread, you can have multiple bases. In order to upgrade the guild to level 4 for example, you have to have at least 3 bases.
    IGN: Lunis
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The first EU guild to appear on the forums...
    Will you help us be the first one in-game as well?

Apply at TheAuroraGuild.eu!
  • onestarz
    edited September 2010
    linusstaf wrote: »
    I read somewhere that the total number of bases was 700, but only at a later server era.
    Can't find that anywhere now though...

And to answer another question I saw somewhee in the thread, you can have multiple bases. In order to upgrade the guild to level 4 for example, you have to have at least 3 bases.

oh wow i had no idea about that x.x wonder what happens if you already upgraded and lsoe a base? x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• linusstaf
    linusstaf Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ooh, no idea :P

google translate is only that good ;)
    IGN: Lunis
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The first EU guild to appear on the forums...
    Will you help us be the first one in-game as well?

Apply at TheAuroraGuild.eu!
  • gameboo
    gameboo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I watched a vid of the "flying guild base's" and its look's nothing more than a floating village lol.Could not see anyway that could be used in a battle lmao.
    Earth ~ Yggdrasil
    guildfabulous.freeforums.biz
    Closed beta is nothing to sing and dance about.
  • onestarz
    edited September 2010
    linusstaf wrote: »
    ooh, no idea :P

google translate is only that good ;)

-hits google translate with a hammer- and yet they have 3 guys who spend their day thinking of ways to make the text on the front page all animated and stuff xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• sumofishy
    sumofishy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010

thats why i suggested limit on times, or elites raiding the castle, so peoplple HAVE to loose them eventually

what dya meen buy them? that sux cos im usually bad with in-game moneys

and you can design em? you meen like SPORE? cos that was great desigining..... i dont think theyll have that here so what are you talking about?

yay they float!!! what if they shoot stuff??? OH and you can buy things like shooting rockets or carrots... .___. of course they wouldn't OP it, this isnt PWE -.- *sarcasm
    Not in CB1 or 2... >.<
    I don't think I'm wanted in FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priestess
    sumofishy
    Alchemist/Tamer
  • francischutney
    francischutney Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Do the winners of the Guild Castles get do decorate the castles? It wouldn't be very nice to have 50 of the same exact castle. Maybe for the big guilds, they have bigger castles? And smaller guilds have smaller castles or something? In PW, when a guild owned a Territory, you didn't feel like you owned it.. you couldn't do anything with it. Also, will there be the custom content made by players?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~I very much enjoy this lovely game and wonderful people here~
This discussion has been closed.