OnRPG presents the most explosive Forsaken World interview!

Comments

• knode
    knode Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    purexed wrote: »
    I really do hope they implent movement in combat, standing still and (quoting cinderboy) pewpewing isnt fun at all, melee classes should be able to circle strafe their opponents, it brings some life to the PvP and those who cant handle circle strafers, train your pvp skills.

Circle strafing isn't a skill. Not even close. It's just a tactic that people use to cause lag and use the delay in the system to avoid attacks when you may not be in front of the target. There is no skill involved in it.

And for the record before it's even brought up. I can personally circle strafe just fine. I could run around in circles on my rogue in WoW spamming the back stab or mutilate key to take people down. Same goes for Warhammer and several dozen other games I have played where this is done.
    IGN: TBD

Future Priest of Forsaken World
  • skyepersona
    skyepersona Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    purexed wrote: »
    I really do hope they implent movement in combat, standing still and (quoting cinderboy) pewpewing isnt fun at all, melee classes should be able to circle strafe their opponents, it brings some life to the PvP and those who cant handle circle strafers, train your pvp skills.

I agree with knode. Circle strafing isn't "skill" its just a simple, easy to use tactic. While being able to move around alot more in pvp situations might be a bit more immersive, its not really that necessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xxxdrackosxxx
    xxxdrackosxxx Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    A lot of you seems to be against the'' attack while moving'' system but I want it to be honest with you , I am one of the players who really want to see this feature in PWE games for a lot of reasons :

1) Can you just imagine a mage sitting where he is and waiting for his appointment to be killed . Just too unfair. Even in PWI for example , priests and mages move and attack , giving them perhaps a small advantage to win but it makes also a simple dual as long as preparing a cake.
    Mages have a low defense but strong attacks while protectors for example are tankers so they can simply move to the mage and kill him in 3 shots.
    Giving the mage the opportunity to move while attacking gives him a chance to win in PvP.
    To balance the PvP now , protector must have a skill that will stun the appointment in order to touch him and do a maximum damage while the mage is stunned.
    So the gameplay will be more strategic than it was previously.
    *attack while moving + appropriate skills = a good PvP balance.*

I'll give you another example : Aion , Guild wars 2 , those two games are from NC soft , who created lineage and lineage 2 , where you couldn't attack while moving because you were just able to move with the mouse and not with wasd.
    Finding that attacking while moving offer a more exciting combat , they moved to that system in Aion and probably in guild wars 2 too .

A lot of players like the gameplay as he is . I think that players who don't want to see assassin's moving while attacking are heavy classes that just want to pwn and let the weak classes as they are : Useful in PvE but weak in PvP.

Just think that we must find a balance in the PvP and the attack while moving system combined to some good skills will give this balance. Don't be too selfish.

Cordially ,
    Drackos.
  • skyepersona
    skyepersona Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    A lot of you seems to be against the'' attack while moving'' system but I want it to be honest with you , I am one of the players who really want to see this feature in PWE games for a lot of reasons :

1) Can you just imagine a mage sitting where he is and waiting for his appointment to be killed . Just too unfair. Even in PWI for example , priests and mages move and attack , giving them perhaps a small advantage to win but it makes also a simple dual as long as preparing a cake.
    Mages have a low defense but strong attacks while protectors for example are tankers so they can simply move to the mage and kill him in 3 shots.
    Giving the mage the opportunity to move while attacking gives him a chance to win in PvP.
    To balance the PvP now , protector must have a skill that will stun the appointment in order to touch him and do a maximum damage while the mage is stunned.
    So the gameplay will be more strategic than it was previously.
    *attack while moving + appropriate skills = a good PvP balance.*

I'll give you another example : Aion , Guild wars 2 , those two games are from NC soft , who created lineage and lineage 2 , where you couldn't attack while moving because you were just able to move with the mouse and not with wasd.
    Finding that attacking while moving offer a more exciting combat , they moved to that system in Aion and probably in guild wars 2 too .

A lot of players like the gameplay as he is . I think that players who don't want to see assassin's moving while attacking are heavy classes that just want to pwn and let the weak classes as they are : Useful in PvE but weak in PvP.

Just think that we must find a balance in the PvP and the attack while moving system combined to some good skills will give this balance. Don't be too selfish.

Cordially ,
    Drackos.

+1 Good sir. You've certainly made me reconsider my position on the subject.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knode
    edited July 2010
    In all the games you mentioned you could only move while casting a limited number of insta cast spells. All other attacks were normal attacks while moving. You had to stop to perform any special attacks.

But like I said before. I'm not against all attacking while moving. Forwards, backwards, & auto attacks while strafing are fine. And if classes have some moves that can be used on the move then so be it. But running around and jumping around have no place in MMO's. They can revamp the system without adding the ability to do this stuff.

• xxxdrackosxxx
    edited July 2010
    knode wrote: »
    In all the games you mentioned you could only move while casting a limited number of insta cast spells. All other attacks were normal attacks while moving. You had to stop to perform any special attacks.

But like I said before. I'm not against all attacking while moving. Forwards, backwards, & auto attacks while strafing are fine. And if classes have some moves that can be used on the move then so be it. But running around and jumping around have no place in MMO's. They can revamp the system without adding the ability to do this stuff.

It's because of that stuns exist ^^
    And yes , I don't want an action-mmo , just the possibility to move while casting instant skills or 1 second before you cast a no-instant skill , like in Aion , WoW and other P2P games that chose this system ^^

SOmething like that : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRFxAe0UB5Q
  • knode
    edited July 2010
    Ok, I can agree to that. Since I have played Allods I know how their system works. And if you watch the video you will notice that the mage has to stand still to cast most of his spells but he does have some that are insta and can be cast on the move. And melee classes have some skills that can be used on the move & others require them to remain still. So this system isn't a bad one.

But there are 2 things about Allods I don't want to see in Forsaken World.

1. Mages are fairly overpowered in Allods. This is something I don't want to see of any class in FW.

2. Cash shop items make or break PvP. And the mage in the video has several of the cash shop item buffs on. I don't want to see the game become pay2win. I don't mind spending money on these games but when they become pay2win I might as well play a normal monthly subscription game.

• xxxdrackosxxx
    edited July 2010
    Yes , I know , I quit allods definitly few days after the release of Revelation of Gipat because they made the game too cash shop oriented .
    Spoil :
    They nerf us -200% of our damages and our heals and the only way to return to our normal DPS is to use the buff you saw , the incense , a cash shop item which costs you 5 dollars per month and you're obliged to use it because without it , you can't kill a mob with the same level as you.
    They also implanted a curse that turn one piece of your gear caracteristics to negative so you have to buy a charm to delete the malediction or you can buy another type of charms that prevent you from this curse , 4.5$ a month for the average player and probably it will cost more for PvP players.
    And the experiance required to reach the next level has been increased by 400% so you'll be obliged to grind or you can wait until the exp scroll comes out in the cash shop.

85% of the players quit the game and some high level players kill newbies at Asse in order to reduce the player base in the servers to near 0 in order to do presure to Gpotato and return to the previous version or at least , make the cash shop less pay 2 win.

And yes , this is something that I don't want to see in Forsaken World , such a beautiful game being destructed by such a cash shop , I won't hold it :(

You said the mage was overpowered at Allods , you're wrong , too wrong.
    It's the weakest classe . The summoner and the melee priest are the OP classes and the only classes who can survive without cash shop at : the revelation of Gipat.
    But as you said , Classes should be balanced in PvE and PvP , so every classe will be usefull and powerfull in the game .
    I am just a little afraid about the vampires , it seems to be the most chosen class and seeing that its gameplay is similar to the necromancer in Allods , it could be the OP class in this game if the vampire can purshass a tank pet.
    It will be an OP class . So no to tank pets ^^.

I talked too much ...:(
  • crimsonsh
    crimsonsh Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Interesting Interview.

Though the Eclipse will actually turn alot of people away from the class.

Yuck, Twilight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IGN: Crimmson
    Class: Vampire

\m/ Long Live Metal \m/
  • tombsgirl
    tombsgirl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ynrobyw wrote: »
    That just got me thinking, will there be PvP on mounts???

that would be awesome
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    thnks to kaos for makin an awesome siggy ^^
  • tombsgirl
    tombsgirl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i hope FW doesnt becom cash shop infested....-sighs-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    thnks to kaos for makin an awesome siggy ^^
  • pensri
    pensri Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Ok as much as I loved the PVP talk and yes I would love to move while casting but I understand no major spells should be cast while running (unless its an upclose aoe that helps you escape like idk an a 3 second area stun but medium dmg) but no epic stuff.
    To change subjects I liked this idea:
    OnRPG: How will players primarily gain their equipment? From my experience in past games from Perfect World Entertainment, most of the good stuff normally comes from instances and crafting rather than mob drops in the open world.

There will be various ways that players can gain equipment including through questing, instances and crafting. Questing is pretty straight forward, you quest you get a reward.Instances or dungeons, will also have drops from bosses and trash mobs.Crafting of course will be another way, if that is your cup of tea.Another way is through world drops.There is an exchange system where you can trade in a dropped material at NPCs for awesome gear.These NPCs will be at major cities, much like the city you see shortly after hitting level 10.

I like that idea because I really hate how you always have to use the CS to get decent gear...it gets so bad. Like was said before I really don't want a game that is pay to win those are horriable and start to lose players. This game looks sooooooo fun please please don't ruin it like that. Games that requre CS items to really do well in PVP and make lower level players stronger then the higher levels who work hard for their gear is rediculas...Another thing we all know there are going to be charms...ok unless its open world PVP do not make charms work in wars or forms of duels. (i know you don't in duels but just saying) I think Making charms work in Wars is STUPID and unfair. This is also a form of pay to win. Instead of player skill they relay on the charm. That's no fun because you have to kill the charm to beat them in a war. To me a war is just one gient duel between two guilds. So like in this company's duels...please don't make the charms work in wars...or w/e war style system you will put in this game if you have one. Ya people will die a lot faster but at least this way the guilds who really work hard will earn their right to win.
  • xxxdrackosxxx
    edited July 2010
    I thought that charms don't work in PvP , and it was the case for example with perfect world .
    So I don't see Forsaken World having a mistake Perfect world don't have.
    Even if it was the case , we can submit objective feedbacks regarding this problem which will make the charms only ''usable'' in PvE ^^
  • knode
    edited July 2010
    The gear you can get from material drops that he is talking about is pretty good. I have a few pieces of it on my priest in the Chinese beta. As for charms I think it will be much like PWI and they won't work in PvP.

• purexed
    purexed Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010

1. Mages are fairly overpowered in Allods. This is something I don't want to see of any class in FW.
    You clearly didn't come to the cap in Allods, mage is so effing underpowered, I was a decent geared warrior and I resisted 80% of the mages attacks since the epics gave such a high Natural Resist and when they hitted me, their damage was equal to a mosquito bite.

Circle strafing isn't a skill. Not even close. It's just a tactic that people use to cause lag and use the delay in the system to avoid attacks when you may not be in front of the target. There is no skill involved in it.

And for the record before it's even brought up. I can personally circle strafe just fine. I could run around in circles on my rogue in WoW spamming the back stab or mutilate key to take people down. Same goes for Warhammer and several dozen other games I have played where this is done.

So when did tactics dont become a part of a skill? It's basically like saying that the worlds best CS, MW2 clan etc dont got any skills since they basically go play by tactics. Trust me, I've been playing plenty of MMORPGs that have move in combat system and many do not know how to circle strafe or when they try, they suck at it.
    True fanboii
  • hotaro
    hotaro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'm sure my faction will be delighted by this information. Since a lot of us got their start in MMO competitive gaming from guild wars, the thought of casting and slashing on the move brings back memories of the glory days.

Also about hp charms.. does anyone have a video of someone's charm ticking in Forsaken World? I've never seen it or heard any data to support their existence. Show me the data.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bard-Prophet-GodSlayer

Any faction that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.~ W. Dyer
  • ynrobyw
    ynrobyw Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Hey Cinderboy, do you know whether or not the Dev team has thought of implementing the FPS kind of game-play like in Tera Online? In my opinion that would make game play more fun, and fix the whole "standing still and pew pew" kind of PvP

Food for Thought,
    WolfWind
    IGN:WolfWind
    Guild: Eternal Dead
    Position: Leader
    Race: Kindred
    Class: Vampire
    Level: 0
    Guild Site: fw-eternald.guildportal.com
    "Im not a crazed gunman dad, Im an assassin... well the difference being that one is a job and the other is a mental disorder." -The Sniper
    "Every government is a parliament of ****. The trouble is, in a democracy, the **** are us."
    P. J. O'Rourke

Eternal Dead is a PvP/PvE based guild that is looking for more members to add to our army of the damned, if you want to join the Dead, go to the site above.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cinderboy
    cinderboy Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ynrobyw wrote: »
    Hey Cinderboy, do you know whether or not the Dev team has thought of implementing the FPS kind of game-play like in Tera Online? In my opinion that would make game play more fun, and fix the whole "standing still and pew pew" kind of PvP

Food for Thought,
    WolfWind

No idea, all of you already know what I know (I pushed for the article to be published out earlier for you people!). In fact, I only knew the details for only around 24hours before you guys knew XD
    Journalist @ OnRPG.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My blog - mmoculture.com
  • xxxdrackosxxx
    edited July 2010
    No ! not that system.
    It's not goind to happen for the simple reason that Forsaken world is :
    1) An mmorpg and not an action-MMO
    2) It's impossible to make such a change in the game because progamming it is too hard.
    I would be just too happy with the ''move while attacking'' system .
  • kodama15
    kodama15 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'm so lazy about reading interviews,but i like to play the game of the interview.
  • cinderboy
    edited July 2010
    kodama15 wrote: »
    I'm so lazy about reading interviews,but i like to play the game of the interview.

The interview ain't that long, give it a read :D
    Journalist @ OnRPG.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My blog - mmoculture.com
  • toadeyes2
    toadeyes2 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    well hmmm i have to awsome job on getting that interview out for us cinderboy thanks alot! it confirmed more things than gave us new info in my opinion but there were some new things like possible flying and possible new classes as well as evolvin gear ( or was that only new to me ?) i just wish that they gave out some info on the 'god' system thing :Y
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN:ISLEY
    CLASS: VAMPIRE
    RACE: KINDRED
    GUILD: undecided
    SUBCLASS: AS MANY AS I CAN DO
    :cool:

I see the strongest and smartest men who have ever lived. I see all this potential damn it, an entire generation pumping gas and waiting tables; they're slaves with white collars. Advertisements have them chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy stuff we don't need. We are the middle children of history No purpose or place. We have no great war, or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised by television to believe that one day we'll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars ... but we won't.
  • luca7
    luca7 Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    kaikaname wrote: »
    dang.... that give me a chill... they should fire that guy lolz... even tho a lot of people spend on JD>. but JD is dying.. no new player.. it's taken over by who spend the most.. who ever Andrew Brown is.. he should go jump off a bridge xD

Isnt Andrew Brown Obah? O.O
    I think i read that somewere...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Momo
    Guild: TBD
    Kindred
    Vampire

I'm the Nicest person you'll ever meet

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    luca7 wrote: »
    Isnt Andrew Brown Obah? O.O
    I think i read that somewere...

Yep. He is obah... He's a great, funny guy.
  • meve90
    meve90 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I love cinderboy :D
    you make me love FW since febraury

remind that anime that was similar to lupin named cinder..something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • refertome
    refertome Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I prefer levitating than flying o.o.
  • cinderboy
    edited July 2010
    refertome wrote: »
    I prefer levitating than flying o.o.

You can fly at lower heights = levitating :D
    Journalist @ OnRPG.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My blog - mmoculture.com
  • blindclarity
    blindclarity Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Thank you Cinderboy. I'm all tickled pink!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dangerous as a World Boss.
    IGN: Lady Venus
    Class: Bard
    Hubby: Lord Mars
    Quote: "Let me sing you...to a final sleep"
    Alignment: Chaotic neutral
  • oulyt
    oulyt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    toadeyes2 wrote: »
    well hmmm i have to awsome job on getting that interview out for us cinderboy thanks alot! it confirmed more things than gave us new info in my opinion but there were some new things like possible flying and possible new classes as well as evolvin gear ( or was that only new to me ?) i just wish that they gave out some info on the 'god' system thing :Y

i think the god system is like the Archon system in RF online. or closely related
  • cinderboy
    edited July 2010
    oulyt wrote: »
    i think the god system is like the Archon system in RF online. or closely related

Except we are having 10 of those XD
    Journalist @ OnRPG.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My blog - mmoculture.com
This discussion has been closed.