lvling

merilwen
merilwen Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
hea there :)

I come from pwi, and played some jade dynasty and battle of immortals too.
I'm wondering that the lvling speed will be in forsaken world.
In comparison of grinding:
pwi: you'll lvl because of quests and dailies, because grinding will earn you little exp.
BoI/JD: you can easely lvl of grinding an hour or so.

anyone who knows :o ?
Post edited by merilwen on
~rawr

Comments

• teneless
    teneless Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I am not sure, but i think there will be more quests to lvl up and ofc some good dailies since there wont be any bot in this game like JD (where u just leave ur char bot all night).
  • merilwen
    edited June 2010
    good that there's at least no bot :) so you actually have to do something for your lvls.
    I hope it'll be about the same lvling rate as in pwi tbh :3
    gives it at least a bit of challenge :)
    ~rawr
  • ev1lfist
    ev1lfist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    well in like 3 hours i made lvl 15 :| ..pretty slow without knowing chinese to do events etc ..i'm sure won't be that hard to lvl when we play it in english...can't wait the game is awesome
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vicioushuntress
    vicioushuntress Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ev1lfist wrote: »
    well in like 3 hours i made lvl 15 :| ..pretty slow without knowing chinese to do events etc ..i'm sure won't be that hard to lvl when we play it in english...can't wait the game is awesome

3 hours lvl 15?? :O :O that's really fast, really really fast lol O.o
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Really?

As long as it's not super easy then kicks you down the cliff into a super grind... gradual is nice.

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • dhakiya
    dhakiya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    idk... actually enjoy grind.....
    rather work to lv up than it be easy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Thnx Infamous
    What exactly is true happiness? Happiness resembles a mirror,
    a direct representation of having life means being happy,
    not worldly possessions.
    ~Dhakiya
  • linusstaf
    linusstaf Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2010

well, in PW you can get level 20 in 4-5 hours easily if you just know where to go
    And that is without any help from cash shop whatsoever...
    IGN: Lunis
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The first EU guild to appear on the forums...
    Will you help us be the first one in-game as well?

Apply at TheAuroraGuild.eu!
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    dhakiya wrote: »
    idk... actually enjoy grind.....
    rather work to lv up than it be easy...
    Yeah, as long as they have things to distract you once in awhile like events.

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • knode
    knode Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The game starts to slow down a little more passed level 20. And questing is the best way of leveling. When you need 20+k per level and you only get 100 XP per kill that makes for some long grinding.
    IGN: TBD

Future Priest of Forsaken World
  • pizzblack
    pizzblack Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    They'll up the the exp rate later. I's sure! ;D
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

There once was a BlackCard...~
  • zanaron666
    zanaron666 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010

lvl 15 in 3 hours aint really really fast im currently playing battle of the immortals and i got to lvl 20 in 50 minutes now thats fast i really hope they do a lvling system like battle of the immortals
  • ppcord
    ppcord Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yea, Battle of the Immortals has pretty fast leveling, hope FW will be like that too. There is everything to help you lvl up fast- but its only when you reach level 55+, then your pretty much on your own it seems.
  • tratswen
    tratswen Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Mmmmmmm Grindage.
  • jeanfoutsa1
    jeanfoutsa1 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Lvling in BoI was wayyyy to fast!! I didn't even have time to enjoy every lvl with the new skills/abilities they come with, and have the feeling my char is getting stronger.

Whats the point of reaching endgame fast if u don't enjoy ur way to the top? Besides, endgame PvP is pretty much boring in every game. I hope lvling in FW will be like in PWI.

Is anyone already lvl60 in CN CB? Or whats the highest player lvl atm? We will get a feeling of lvling if we know this, since CB is out since 25th March.
  • xantauryx
    xantauryx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    edit: nvm.

on topic, well, i hope pve will be pretty balance, with nice quest and all
    Everybody was kung-foo fighting
    Those bunnies were fast as lightning (8):D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    These make me want to make a poll of which you prefer fast lv up or slower lv up ?
    Or someone want to made it ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • ewwwwww
    ewwwwww Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Lvling in BoI was wayyyy to fast!! I didn't even have time to enjoy every lvl with the new skills/abilities they come with, and have the feeling my char is getting stronger.

Whats the point of reaching endgame fast if u don't enjoy ur way to the top? Besides, endgame PvP is pretty much boring in every game. I hope lvling in FW will be like in PWI.

Is anyone already lvl60 in CN CB? Or whats the highest player lvl atm? We will get a feeling of lvling if we know this, since CB is out since 25th March.

i would agree with this.

and uhh last time i checked in Abyss highest lvl were 90+ already and its Open beta now.
  • vicioushuntress
    vicioushuntress Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Agreed.

I really hope it will be like in PW, cause in BoI you really can't enjoy in lvling and all features.
  • merilwen
    edited June 2010
    lvl 15 in 3 hours sounds like pwi lvling speed :)
    that'd be great ^^
    in BoI lvling speed seems a bit high to me too. :/ gets boring so soon .___. no challenge there. Also you can solo lvl fast there >_>

I hope FW will be more like pwi :) more teamwork needed too ^^
    ~rawr
  • refertome
    refertome Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Hope there will be a balance in questing and grinding,I hope the lvling rate would be like in Rohan,u can get to lvl60 in a month or abit less if you play everyday and exp scrolls would be sold in cash shop for solo or for party which means only one person will activate the scroll and the whole party can get to enjoy the exp rate up.I believe this will help everyone to bond and make friends because everyone would be finding party to grind,of cause there will be one time when exp gets even slower even with scrolls and people will have to do quests then.
  • sheepje
    sheepje Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    become a socialite and the entire parties exp and droprate goes up ^,^
    Jesus laggs, it took him 3 days to respawn

Never argue with a fool, because he will bring you down to his level and then beat you with experience.
  • hotaro
    hotaro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I think it would be awesome if the daily quests (and there are many of them) provided enough exp to level up quickly but not enough soul currency to purchase all of the skills for your level. That way you would be forced to take a break from dailies to run quests in the open environment (where the pk happens, hint hint) in order to level up your skills to match your level.

That way people who just run the same daily day in and day out won't have quite as effective skills as those who fight in the open world against mobs and other players for a real challenge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bard-Prophet-GodSlayer

Any faction that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.~ W. Dyer
  • bianchia
    bianchia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I like Dizzy's idea.

I just don't want it to turn out like BoI where you can reach 60 in 1-2 days or PWI where you're %#&@ed after 80 if you can't cough up the money to do bh/cs or find a Frost party.
  • merilwen
    edited June 2010
    I agree with hotaro, it'dd be great if grinding/questing would get you better skills. makes me think of another game which I can't say here since it's against ToS -_-"
    there you had to use the skill to lvl it up. For new skills you paid x amount of money and train it on a dummy a few times in order to be able to use it in combat.
    that'd be nice, since it forces people to kill stuff to stay strong for their lvl. Makes that the people who powerlvl are weaker then the people who don't :3

Also I agree with bianchia, I'm lvl 80+ at pwi atm.. and all you can do really is cube ( hell expensive x.x) bounty hunt.. and I can't do frostcovered since my friends are out my lvl range and I don't have a hercules pet yet... >.<"

I would like a game where you get the chance to enjoy lvling, but where you do have to work for it :) and maybe new kinds of quests and puzzles for certain lvls. o.o
    like lvl 10-30 = learning your class.. like killing some mobs, get certain quests to learn mechanics of the game.
    lvl 30-40 teamwork quests as in do some bosses you can't solo but are range of 1 to 5 stars for party. you have to kill 1 star first then 2 etc and at 5 star you get a bigger exp reward with some money.
    40-50 first daily that is only available in these lvls.
    50-60 again the bosses but with a dungeon and a new daily.
    etc. o.o would be more fun imo :o since you get something new every 10 lvls. and ofcourse some quests that mark the storyline in every group of lvls.

^^'just some ideas that popped up in my head o.o
    ~rawr
  • edi
    edi Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I tryed boi just to c gameplay...and few things r rly great there: no lag, perfect tracking...
    but needed to wear sunglasses cuz game is too shiny...so much kids saying every 3min: I love uuuu...
    also that ultra fast lvling got me so bored in only 2 days...plus as Sin I was able to kite mobs so I didnt even use skills...game is more for kids then for serious playing...
This discussion has been closed.