test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is Singapore included in the IP Block?

refertomerefertome Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Technical Support Zone
I am a Singaporean and I had a bunch of over 20 friends waiting for the game release to play together.So I want to know if Singaporeans could play because Sg's main language is English.
Post edited by refertome on

Comments

• draynoair221draynoair221 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    me too i wan to know >.>
    Ukelele(F/barb) Miseree(F/Vamp)xRein(F/Priest)xCloud(F/Marksman)BlackNaux(M/Warrior)
    Negelected by PWE and is still praying to get in. Had my key since they announce they game with BOI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • junejune Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hi! A list of countries that will be IP blocked is not currently available, but there will be IP blocking. According to the FAQ, "PWE has the rights to publish this game in the English speaking Territories of North America and Europe."

It is not a guarantee, but you can try to enter Perfect World on PWE's servers to see if you are blocked. Even if you are blocked, you may or may not be blocked for Forsaken World.
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/

If you are IP blocked, it usually means that it has been licensed in your region; for example, Cubizone licensed Perfect World and other Perfect World games for their regions.
  • draynoair221draynoair221 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Singaporean are nt block for PWI for sure =P
    Ukelele(F/barb) Miseree(F/Vamp)xRein(F/Priest)xCloud(F/Marksman)BlackNaux(M/Warrior)
    Negelected by PWE and is still praying to get in. Had my key since they announce they game with BOI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neoyoshineoyoshi Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Singaporean are nt block for PWI for sure =P

I have a few SG friends who have debated this with me, and although it is true that Perfect World International has not IP blocked Singapore; this does not suggest Forsaken World will have the same regional setup.

However, and i do not want to suggest anything other-wise, but when Aion was released for North America and Europe, ALL of my guild mates, who consist primarily of Asian localization (Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Japan) were able to play.

What this means for Forsaken World is hard to say, it's very probable that SEA and other locations in Asia with be IP banned and stay that way.

• refertomerefertome Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Dude..its scaring me the lights out..I'll go crazy if its blocked..=(...We are definitely english speaking country so please don block SG ><.DAMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • neoyoshineoyoshi Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    refertome wrote: »
    Dude..its scaring me the lights out..I'll go crazy if its blocked..=(...We are definitely english speaking country so please don block SG ><.DAMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have a strong feeling that Singapore won't be blocked, other-wise all my SG friends will be so bummed out and the chances of our Guild coming over to FW will diminish greatly.

Of course nothing is set in stone, let's just hope that the IP regulations will turn out to be just like PWI's

• nightdwellersnightdwellers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i hope they wont block Belgium
    Control my tiniest motions
    Withhold my simplest needs
    I wish you weren't this close now
    I wish you didn't succeed

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sportokussportokus Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Obah already said he will look for the Official list regarding this, all we can do now is wait.
    ===================Executioner===================
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Any updates according to this thread?...I'm nervous =(
  • chaoticshellychaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Any updates according to this thread?...I'm nervous =(

obah mentioned in another thread that if you are able to play JD your country is safe, and it isn't blocked. Can you?
    edited June 2010
    Yes I can play JD...
    edited June 2010
    obah mentioned in another thread that if you are able to play JD your country is safe, and it isn't blocked. Can you?

and can give me the link for the thread?
  • chaoticshellychaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    and can give me the link for the thread?

Certainly.
  • sportokussportokus Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I think this can now be officially closed, obah updated the FAQ with the currently blocked regions.
    China
    Hong Kong
    Japan
    Macau
    Malaysia
    North Korea
    Philippines
    South Korea
    Taiwan
    Vietnam

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Yeah man!..Happy to know this.
  • smilekidsmilekid Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I want to play this game in Singapore :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jayjenjayjen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Will there be an IP block?
    Yes, PWE has the rights to publish this game in the English speaking Territories of North America and Europe.

These countries CAN NOT play games from Perfect World Entertainment.

China
    Hong Kong
    Macau
    North Korea
    South Korea
    Taiwan
    Vietnam

Unfortunately, we are unable to allow new registrations from these region.

We are obligated to block regions which have their own localization of Perfect World, Ether Saga, Jade Dynasty, or Battle of the Immortals. Some regions are also blocked for administrative reasons. The same regions are blocked for all of our games.

well, this is the updated list.
  • bluethugzbluethugz Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    jayjen wrote: »
    well, this is the updated list.

thanks dude I'm happy that Philippines is not included in the IP BLOCK! cause there's a lot of my friends waiting for this game. and were dying to play a new game thank you so much! =)
  • jayjenjayjen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    bluethugz wrote: »
    thanks dude I'm happy that Philippines is not included in the IP BLOCK! cause there's a lot of my friends waiting for this game. and were dying to play a new game thank you so much! =)

np bro, im from philippines too.
  • blackhandzblackhandz Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Let me know which servers you guys will be in - playing from S'pore too
  • phytusphytus Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    omg.. Which 1 is the right 1? the 1st list that malaysia including in the ip banned area or the 2nd one that didn't mention the malaysian country? =(
  • azriborhanazriborhan Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i think the second one is right.. cos i can play BOI n im from Malaysia.. pls dont block my ip :P
    edited October 2010
    hoho azri.. perak?
    edited October 2010
    johor here... hope i can play this games n im asking for more of my friends to join it.. ^_^
    edited October 2010
    aku ipoh mali.. =) harap2 leh main lh yer.. =)
    edited October 2010
    nice.. harap2 juga bleh jumpe nnt in game :)
  • deathbunnydeathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The second list is the most current one. You can double check by going to Support and searching blocked regions.

And also, this is an English forum so please only post in English or provide a translation.

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
This discussion has been closed.