test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Regarding our feedback

@anole300#5837

Since i saw the new content update teaser, it reminded me,that we were asked for feedback after the last content update.
Any news regarding that feedback?
Because if the new update is continuing what the last few update did, then i would (again) recommend to change that pattern because it is just disheartening and drive people away.

I refuse to believe that PWE dosn't have accurate data about how many people can or willing to do certain activities within the game.
For example:
-The number of people who bother with the ship content or the cube is near zero.
-How many people complete their daily Master Random Challenge Instance?
-How many people complete certain weekly raids?

If you do have this data,then why not making adjustments to fix it? If by some miracle the data is non existent, then let me provide a feedback on it, that probably most of us can agree with.

To simply put,the game became way too hard ever since we got the first lvl90+ content.
Until then,every instance was doable for even average people,you didn't need a full 12/12 full purple champion set to even have a chance in instances like Tomb of Kings or Sickle Island(we completed the sickle island on our first run within hours after release). We could do normal raids with an average strength random people,but needed good, strong characters for heroic modes.
This was interesting,because no matter how strong you were,new content always provided new challenges and ways to improve.If you were already strong,the improvement was faster since you could do the new stuff faster and more.

After lvl90+ however,we went downhill and fast. The normal open world mobs were harder to kill than any other instance or even raid mob until then. Expert instances were too hard to deal with and to be fair didn't even worth it. In the first time in the games history, people were holding back on leveling up so they can do Advanced RCI for a longer period of time before it becomes Expert. Raids became overpowered as well, Temple of Disciples were only doable at start,because of a glitch,the moment that glitch got fixed (months later) it became impossible for more than 90% of the population to have any value in there. And its just the normal mode we are talking about,not even the heroic. Dusk Melee was not completed even once for months on a few servers...Domino had to disqualify servers from the GM assisted runs because of it...months later after its release.

The 100+ content doubled down on these issues, people were holding back on leveling once again,but this time for expert, since Master RCI is still at this day is pretty much impossible for the very majority and only doable for people at my caliber.Which is just wrong. Raids are the same, only the strongest people have a chance to complete the normal modes...heroic modes are...well,lets say not worth the effort.
And some extra ridiculous information... when the content was released,it took me more than 30 minutes of life and death battle to kill a main quest "boss"...that is just broken.

Then we got content nobody bothers with, like the cube or the ship mechanics. On my server, the water dragon boss was not killed a single time since its release and i doubt it was even seen by many players so far. Just think about this...a weekly open world boss...in an mmorpg, wasn't killed in more than 6 months.

Yet the first content teaser is all about the cube that nobody cares about and a lvl110 Raid that nobody can complete in the near future...The issue we have right now is that we are gearing up with the current update to a state were we should have been 2 content update ago.
I am all up for something to be difficult and hard to achieve,but the current state is just too much. It provides nothing for people who aren't already strong.

As closing thoughts: I really do hope, that the new content gives us more than months of grinding in a near impossible environment, where everything else beside the impossible stuff is just useless waste of time.
Whatever your company thought about the required time to get something and the difficulty of basicly every content, divide that by 2.
giphy.gif

Comments

• wardog66wardog66 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    yea im still stuck in 105 gear because my server is slow and only big guild do those raid and it hard to get in to them with those guilds and no one does the cube or ship.. the ship most hated thing added to game today and people ran cube the first day and stop... stop adding stuff that cost gold and not soul gold we all dont have gold to spent upgrading the horse shoe and all the other stuff yall keep adding that cost gold to upgrade
  • anyadpicsajaanyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    wardog66 said:

yea im still stuck in 105 gear because my server is slow and only big guild do those raid and it hard to get in to them with those guilds and no one does the cube or ship.. the ship most hated thing added to game today and people ran cube the first day and stop... stop adding stuff that cost gold and not soul gold we all dont have gold to spent upgrading the horse shoe and all the other stuff yall keep adding that cost gold to upgrade

@anole300#5837

Yeah,there are a lot of ingame service that would make sense to cost soul gold instead of real gold, good point.

-The horseshoe upgrades (1gold/try while you provide a material for it as well which is by itself limited amount)

-The title boxes from Dar-Diugo (you collect hundreds of Elite Reward Tokens from world bosses,then you have to pay a couple diamonds for it as well? Just great.)

-Mount exchanges from the vengeance NPC. (You farm reputation for months to max out your ranks for each area,then you have to pay 5d/mount in each category...So basically,you work so you can pay for something)

-Crafting ship parts(5 real gold to craft a cannon for example that you most likely going to destroy,because it turns out trash,meanwhile you sacrificed hundreds of ores and other mats)

-Cube entry (I mean really?)

-The buffs for Hell Road (people already set up buff stations to avoid paying,why not let this go and make it soul gold?)

-Smelting (It should be just soul gold,its on the same level of combining gems. Back in the day,combining gems cost real gold as well,it was changed for a reason.)

-Exchanging the pets from the arena NPC-s (You farm arena scores,just to pay 20 diamond for a pet that is just nothing special)

These are just a few example that makes no sense to be real gold. It serves no purpose whatsoever other than sucking out gold from an economy that is already starving for gold overall,especially because of these services. These services were created this way,because china has a way different economy and gold is way more inflated there...these prices are just ridiculous here...just look at the Black Market thing. Holy Hell there is a pet box in there at the moment,which can be exchanged for 3k Smelting coins...and its 500 diamond in that market? Anyone who have even a small experience in the game know that those prices are beyond absurd.
    giphy.gif
  • botzlombebotzlombe Posts: 206 Arc User
    Well the new content wont make gearing up easier.. it will be more difficult. New Gear will come and u cant upgrade old one. U ll need to farm it in new instances which prolly will be again too hard for many ppl.