test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need help about graphics card.

mavip4nmavip4n Posts: 151 Arc User
edited March 12 in Technical Support Zone
Hello. My laptop has 2 cards and 8GB RAM. I play most of games at high settings with Nvidia Card and never had problem. But this game always uses the primary card and i tried ever single way to change it but nope...

~My cards
-Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 112 MB (primary)
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M GDDR5 4096 MB (secondary)

Ways i tried to solve this problem, but never worked.
-Disabling primary card. (Then game tried to use Microsoft Basic Display Driver...gosh)
-Forcing every program to use secondary card. (Nope it will stick to use Intel.)
-Forcing pem.exe to use secondary card from Nvidia Control Panel. (Nope game still on Intel.)
-Unstalling and re-installing whole game/drivers/Windows OS...

Nothing works and im tired of crashes, low settings and lag spikes... PLS HELP! :neutral:

Post edited by mavip4n on
Tiny wind bard of Ascension and an innocent glacial priest of Starlight in Lionheart.
Has stopped playing as of summer 2019. Since there are not many good people left (only douchy groups mostly, no offence!) and game is itself grindy more than ever. There is nothing left for a soloer. Good luck to the rest of survivors!

Comments

• mavip4nmavip4n Posts: 151 Arc User
    Nevermind. Been 3+ years since im trying to solve this and nothing changed about the problem. Sent ticket and support members really tried to help me but nothing worked so this thread can be closed as my problem is unsolvable for now. Thank you... T.T
    Tiny wind bard of Ascension and an innocent glacial priest of Starlight in Lionheart.
    Has stopped playing as of summer 2019. Since there are not many good people left (only douchy groups mostly, no offence!) and game is itself grindy more than ever. There is nothing left for a soloer. Good luck to the rest of survivors!
  • ichdummichdumm Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 11
    Maybe ....

Take a look in installation folder of FW. There in should be a folder called "RoleSettings".
    In this folder you should find two (2) files called sugestetsettings.ini and SystemSettings.ini.

This two files are normal text files. They can be edited with the standard Editor from Windows.

Now lets try some tricks :)

SAVE both files BEFORE editing them !!

Both files contain lines like the one in mine:

[Info]
    card = AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series
    driver = aticfx32.dll
    version = 25.20.15025.1002
    vendor = 00001002
    deviceid = 00006939
    subsysid = 04e31043
    guid = {D7B71EE2-2A79-11CF-1970-521E4AC2D435}

Now we need to get exactly this information from a user with SAME graphic card like you can use instead of the Intel one.

Replace that information first in SystemSettings.ini . START FW, PRESS THUMBS ;)
    If it work.... BINGO.
    If not = copy over the "saved" file to get back to where we started from.

Everyone who can provide information about the needed lines for this graphic card should post it ..PLS :)

• mavip4nmavip4n Posts: 151 Arc User
    @ichdumm

Well i think i tried to do it long ago, but wouldn't hurt to try again.

If anyone have Nvidia 960M graphic cards could you pls upload those files or at least the card info from them pls and ty in advance.
  • narvaman#9033 narvaman Posts: 1 Arc User
    You are not alone. GTM 540 same problem. GTM 960 same. Now RTX 2060 and same! Game does not recognise NVIDIA card.