test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exchange ratios - Euro, Russian roubles, British pound and dollars.

constantiniaconstantinia Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2 in General Discussion
So, a while ago in a random conversation between some of my in-game friends, it came to light that the currency exchange rate for in-game leafs for various regions differs extremely.
Coincidentally all 3 of us charge in another currency (Euro, British pound, Russian roubles). Afterwards I also asked someone who cashes in dollars, but seemed that is pretty much equal to euros (give or take a few euros/dollars).

And so it appeared Euro and dollars are the more expensive currency to charge leafs with.

Exchange rates below are as of 02/01/2019 and can change at the time you read this message. I'll convert everything to euro for easier understanding.

Euro: 10120 leafs for 199.99 euro.
Price for 1 leaf: 0.019762 euro.
Price for 100 leafs: 1.98 euro.

Dollar: 9200 leafs for 200 dollars. (174.92 euro)
Price for 1 leaf: 0.019013 euro.
Price for 100 leafs: 1.90 euro.

Russian roubles: 4400 leafs for 4000 roubles. (50.17 euro)
Price for 1 leaf: 0.114023 euro.
Price for 100 leafs: 1.14 euro.

Pound: 11200 leafs for 160 pound. (177.75 euro)
Price for 1 leaf: 0.015871 euro.
Price for 100 leafs: 1.59 euro.

Now, I'd be fine with any of this IF we did not have cross server AND if the currencies were set per server, because then it wouldn't disadvantage anyone. But now, it disadvantages a lot of people... Being a player of one of the older EU servers, I meet these Russian players from the Tytan server and kept wondering how and why these people seem to make progress with their gear so much faster. Surely it's a very active server, but the progress of these players was beyond just that. That mystery got solved very quickly after my aforementioned conversation with a Russian player that plays on a regular EU server. They charge for almost half the price of other players, even the difference between pounds and euros is huge imo.

I know of a few people that have been sending tickets to FW support, but the same generic reply keeps coming back and our tickets keep being set to the "solved" status. Generic reply being along the lines of: "Charging values are set based on region and the value of the currency of said region."

Opinions are extremely welcome.

Edit: added dollars after getting the info from another player.
Post edited by constantinia on

Comments

• micca1976#0699 micca1976 Posts: 39 Arc User
    I cashed in USD and have complained to Support abt this currency discrepancy.
  • wujojojowujojojo Posts: 1 New User
    Btw, Why russia can pay ruble while other asian country force to pay dollar? racist??

Dont forget there are russian player in your server who run around a gold weap paying 50 euro while you need to pay 100 euro -.-'
  • copolong#9918 copolong Posts: 376 Arc User
    We all should leave this stupid boat.
  • anasilva991anasilva991 Posts: 778 Arc User
    No integrity, no fairness/transparency. ;)

ps: guess ima take some vacations to Russia this year and cash a bunch of golden weapons for 50 euros there. easy af boi.
    Hum.

The matter is, who will compete Tytan with, when some of the strongest other servers/players start to leave the boat, because for us it cost the double of money, to make a small thing happen. Not to mention other problems.

They are capable of sending unbound Spellbound Sandgrits for free via broked codes (recently case, I got it on a Dyos char that I logged to see if this was true, and it is), and they are not capable to give any compensation, or even any good reply to the players. The message that they're sending to us, is very clear. Being a good player cost much, the only ones that gain something, are the ones that abuse the game holes. That's the message. And that is what is happening in X-Server whenever I go there. As I don't want to play dirty, I guess that me and whoever that refuses to do so, needs to leave the boat.

Happy New Year.

edited January 3
    Wait, is not true that the real problem of this game is that EVERY single thing, cost money? :smile:
    Gogogo, Tytan people, cash now that Orb Of Legends is There, 14 Leaf each, but for you this is cheap!...
  • salam#8845 salam Posts: 2 Arc User
    the question is correct but not everything is translated into euro; the salary forgot to translate and compare with your
  • aborteraborter Posts: 15 Arc User

the question is correct but not everything is translated into euro; the salary forgot to translate and compare with your

It all depends on where you live in Europe, same as in Russia. The Euro currency is too far spread over rich and poor countries to say that "your salary is more because you get paid in Euros."
    I'm pretty sure 2 of the neighbouring Euro countries of Russia (Estonia and Latvia) don't get paid that much more than Russians; if even.
  • salam#8845 salam Posts: 2 Arc User
    https://pokur.su/rub/eur/20000/
    aborter said:

It all depends on where you live in Europe, same as in Russia. The Euro currency is too far spread over rich and poor countries to say that "your salary is more because you get paid in Euros."
    I'm pretty sure 2 of the neighbouring Euro countries of Russia (Estonia and Latvia) don't get paid that much more than Russians; if even.
    Take for example my country, Ukraine, I have a salary of 131.44 euros per month. lot?
  • fraktoriumfraktorium Posts: 1 Arc User

https://pokur.su/rub/eur/20000/

aborter said:

Take for example my country, Ukraine, I have a salary of 131.44 euros per month. lot?
    May i ask: what line of work you are in, and how many hours you put in a week?

This is absurd, the salary depends more on the type of Job than the country, anyhow, the countries where the salaries in general are more payed, they pay bigger bills.
  • invarvarinvarvar Posts: 32 Arc User

So, a while ago in a random conversation between some of my in-game friends, it came to light that the currency exchange rate for in-game leafs for various regions differs extremely.
    Coincidentally all 3 of us charge in another currency (Euro, British pound, Russian roubles). Afterwards I also asked someone who cashes in dollars, but seemed that is pretty much equal to euros (give or take a few euros/dollars).

And so it appeared Euro and dollars are the more expensive currency to charge leafs with.

Exchange rates below are as of 02/01/2019 and can change at the time you read this message. I'll convert everything to euro for easier understanding.

Euro: 10120 leafs for 199.99 euro.
    Price for 1 leaf: 0.019762 euro.
    Price for 100 leafs: 1.98 euro.

Dollar: 9200 leafs for 200 dollars. (174.92 euro)
    Price for 1 leaf: 0.019013 euro.
    Price for 100 leafs: 1.90 euro.

Russian roubles: 4400 leafs for 4000 roubles. (50.17 euro)
    Price for 1 leaf: 0.114023 euro.
    Price for 100 leafs: 1.14 euro.

Pound: 11200 leafs for 160 pound. (177.75 euro)
    Price for 1 leaf: 0.015871 euro.
    Price for 100 leafs: 1.59 euro.

Now, I'd be fine with any of this IF we did not have cross server AND if the currencies were set per server, because then it wouldn't disadvantage anyone. But now, it disadvantages a lot of people... Being a player of one of the older EU servers, I meet these Russian players from the Tytan server and kept wondering how and why these people seem to make progress with their gear so much faster. Surely it's a very active server, but the progress of these players was beyond just that. That mystery got solved very quickly after my aforementioned conversation with a Russian player that plays on a regular EU server. They charge for almost half the price of other players, even the difference between pounds and euros is huge imo.

I know of a few people that have been sending tickets to FW support, but the same generic reply keeps coming back and our tickets keep being set to the "solved" status. Generic reply being along the lines of: "Charging values are set based on region and the value of the currency of said region."

Opinions are extremely welcome.

Edit: added dollars after getting the info from another player.

When buying for Russian rubles, you must still pay VAT 20%
    and you guys, from old euro servers which are 7 years old, what will you do on a cross server without Titan which is 2 years old? You are almost not on the cross server, and the problem is not Titan and the cost of leaves. You are an "endangered species."
    The size of the minimum wage (minimum wage)
    in Europe for 2018 Belgium 1'562.59 € 119'642.00 RUB
    Bulgaria 260.76 € 19'966.00 RUB
    Hungary 418.47 € 32'041.00 RUB
    Germany 1'498.00 € 114'697.00 RUB
    Greece 683.76 € 52'354.00 RUB
    Ireland 1'613.95 € 123'575.00 RUB
    Spain 858.55 € 65'737.00 RUB
    Latvia 430.00 € 32'924.00 RUB
    Lithuania 400.00 € 30'627.00 RUB
    Luxembourg 1'998.59 € 153'025.00 RUB
    Malta 747.54 € 57'237.00 RUB
    Netherlands 1'594.20 € 122'063.00 RUB
    Poland 480.20 € 36'768.00 RUB
    Portugal 676.67 € 51'811.00 RUB
    Romania 407.45 € 31'197.00 RUB
    Slovakia 480.00 € 36'752.00 RUB
    Slovenia 842.79 € 64'530.00 RUB
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland 1'463.80 € 112'078.00 RUB
    France 1'498.47 € 114'733.00 RUB
    Croatia 465.72 € 35'659.00 RUB
    Czech Republic 468.87 € 35'900.00 RUB
    Estonia 500.00 € 38'284.00 RUB

The size of the minimum wage (minimum wage)
    in for 2018-2019:
    Kazakhstan $114.60
    Russia $171.85
    Turkmenistan $213.85
    Ukraine $150,54
    Azerbaijan $75.78
    Belarus $150.71
  • theshark#7194 theshark Posts: 15 Arc User
    well every country has its tax rate not only in Russia so dont say bla bla bla **** things
    and im in nyos from almost 1 and half year doesnt matter to 7 years in game, like u see u can upgrade yourself very better accourding to every update.
    when you see support ignore and close tickets about that then u will know they cheating and keep say same bla bla "copy past" **** messages.
  • majkel33majkel33 Posts: 88 Arc User
    Inwar where did you take this statistics lol, this minimum wage which you call has been completely overstated, -180 € for about 70% of the countries, and taxes has **** to do in here since other countries need a double payment for the same product
  • aborteraborter Posts: 15 Arc User
    I'm 99% sure nobody with a minimum wage and actual bills (rent/mortgage/electricity/gas/internet) to pay every month, will be spending any money here, simply because they won't have money left to eat anything then, whatever country you're living in of that list. So unless you're living in a tent and go to a cyber cafe to play FW, those minimum wages aren't even relevant.
    the minimum wage simply reflects the general welfare of the people in the country. Do you really think that the level of well-being of people in the countries of the former USSR and western Europe is the same? No need to envy, that's all
  • galadhwen23galadhwen23 Posts: 157 Arc User
    what about other eastern europe / asiatic countries being forced to pay in euros aka double the amount of what you ppl pay, when they probably earn around the same as you rus players if not less? is that fair to you?

imo its not about being envious, its about talking fact
    Clyfar - divine priest
  • constantiniaconstantinia Posts: 3 Arc User
    invarvar said:

and you guys, from old euro servers which are 7 years old, what will you do on a cross server without Titan which is 2 years old? You are almost not on the cross server, and the problem is not Titan and the cost of leaves. You are an "endangered species."

You do realise that our servers being half dead is mostly PWE their fault, right? Overpricing everything, exploits not being handled well, only fixing cash shop issues when they underpriced something, no real problems being fixed. List goes on endlessly really.

Not sure why you're taking this as a rant towards Russians? This is a rant stating facts towards PWE for once again doing something unacceptable.
  • anasilva991anasilva991 Posts: 778 Arc User
    Well If you are unwise enough to invest money twice, after Darkage shutdown 2 years ago, i think PWE is right, you really deserve the leaves discount. ;)
  • constantiniaconstantinia Posts: 3 Arc User

Well If you are unwise enough to invest money twice, after Darkage shutdown 2 years ago, i think PWE is right, you really deserve the leaves discount. ;)

Which brings the following question up in my mind; what did Darkage players pay for leafs?