test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hall of duplicates

Does anyone have any idea how to do the 'Take Down Cat Demon' quest in this THURSDAY EVENT instance. The 6 cats 1-2 shot us so fast. Anyone have any idea how to find the REAL cat demon

Answers

• krykkyt2#3000 krykkyt2 Posts: 17 Arc User
    you at least had mobs, every time i entered the instance, it was empty , nothing to kill....
  • anyadpicsajaanyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    We completed it, although i can assure you its not worth it. There is no way to tell which cat is the real thing. Its easy to separate them tho.

Listen closely:
    First things first, you need 1 people with a pet who goes down the stairs all the way to a point,where the cats are close enough through the walls to have aggro on him/her.
    At that point,command the pet to attack one of the mobs.

What will happen is that the pet wants to attack the cats but cannot so it stays there infinitely,while having all the cats aggroed. The player goes back to the audience level of the arena and go to the opposite site of it with the rest of the party and jump down.

At this point you have the pet aggroing all the cats,so literally none of them paying attention to your party, another member of your party at this point calls out another pet and attacks one of the cats(not aoe),then recall. The attacked cat will come but its alone so it wont be that dangerous.
    The cat alone deals like 40k damage,not so dangerous.

BE CAREFUL THO,what is really dangerous are the reflect.

The cats talks all the time,each have 2 unique sentence. 1 sentence means its safe to attack,the other one means the reflect buff is gonna activate within a sec. The reflect buff is reflecting exactly the same amount of damage, that you deal. So if you crit into a reflect,it can and most likely one shot you. So be careful with your attacks and watch closely on the debuff.

Here is another thing, with each killed cat,the remaining cats speed up the interval between reflect and free to dmg time,this means approximately after 3 dead cat, you have like 3-4sec to dmg and then stop. (im not sure about this one,maybe all of the cats have unique intervals,but as far as we know it, it speeds up with each kill)

If you are lucky,you can get it on the first cat,if you are unlucky...i suggest to give up after 2 or 3 cats because the required time to kill the 3rd cat is huge because of the reflect interval,and the risk of killing urself is huge.

Although i still say to not bother with this instance,all we got is 1 Soul diamond, 4 Aepelio chest and 1 Dark amethyst scroll. its a joke compared to the required effort.
    giphy.gif
  • ichdummichdumm Posts: 399 Arc User
    Is this still working ? We tryed and we allways failed.
    Go down stairs, on aggro on player (close to end of way) pet send to attack = Pet dies.
    Let Pet attack and immediately call back and move to opposite side = aggro lost.

Also we face cats in the tunnel / hallway on bottom level. They can attack through the blocking wall down there.
  • anyadpicsajaanyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    ichdumm said:

Is this still working ? We tryed and we allways failed.
    Go down stairs, on aggro on player (close to end of way) pet send to attack = Pet dies.
    Let Pet attack and immediately call back and move to opposite side = aggro lost.

Also we face cats in the tunnel / hallway on bottom level. They can attack through the blocking wall down there.

No idea,i didnt go into that hellhole ever since. It dosnt worth it at all. I dont think they made changes to it tho so it should work.
    giphy.gif