test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

arc will not start

it ran a update on arc and now wont start it says need Kernel32.dll and shut down i have window vista

Comments

• heinesenheinesen Posts: 190 Arc User
    Same on my laptop i could fix on my desktop but repair dont work on other PC all happen after last ARC update
  • wardog66wardog66 Posts: 21 Arc User
    how did u fix on ur desktop ?
    any one else having this issuse beside the 2 of us
  • nomorethennomorethen Posts: 2 Arc User
    me too just like u said
    I was repair arc on desktop but dident work on my laptop say i miss a file call libcef.dll
    arc have a opertunity to repair it self
  • nomorethennomorethen Posts: 2 Arc User
    cant even reinstall arc the downloader does the samething need Kernel32.dll
    same when i click arc repair it does the same shut down and says need Kernel32.dll
    i sent in a ticket to but no reply yet but i talk to some on discord and they got in to game but they have window 10
  • majkel33majkel33 Posts: 88 Arc User
    yea same here after update arc shut down and cant open again error Kernel32... great
  • jespervestman12jespervestman12 Posts: 93 Arc User
    Had same problem ,I just restarted pc and problem solved
    everything is woking just not arc.. install uninstall open nothing
    i try restarting and same thing.. any admin around to know what going on or any word about how to fix it i still got no reply on my ticket
    did any of yall get it working yet im still getting the error
  • anole300#5837 anole300 Posts: 719 Perfect World Employee
    Hmm... after doing some searching online, this is related to Windows and one of the solutions is restarting as mentioned above - another is checking if you have any windows updates to install (which may fix it). Apparently, there are a bunch of potential suggested solutions to try - for example: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-kernel32-dll-errors-2623533
    ty i try restarting a few times and a few other too ill look at the link and see
    try it all still doing the same it was working fine till the arc update so it something to do with update and my window i guess
  • praxospraxos Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have same issue. Windows Vista, Kernel.dll. I wonder how many players they will lose cuz of this Arc update. If they can fix Arc for next update great. If not, then maybe when I get a new computer I will play again. Maybe.
    yup K32GetProcessImageFilenamew looks like arc has stopped supporting Vista
    yea i have try everything that been said from restarting to downloading arc again, arc repair. i check to see if anything running and close it down ran antivirus and still happen getting the Kernel32.dll
  • praxospraxos Posts: 2 Arc User
    The question is... Anyone able to still play these Arc games on Windows Vista? And did they have any problems with Arc?
    edited September 2018
    dont know the 3 that have reply here on vista cant get arc to work every one i ask on discord that in game has been window 7 and above
    hey all just got a email back from my ticket it is with window vista and arc.

Thank you for the information, and I apologize for the delay in responding to this ticket. After an investigation, we have discovered that the source of the issue is with the Vista OS not working properly with the Arc client and our games.

Unfortunately, we do not have a fix at this time, but this is known to the developers and they are looking into potential solutions. I also want to temper your expectations, as this issue may not ever be resolved. This OS is virtually unsupported anywhere else, including Microsoft, and so it may be the case that the devs will not be able to come up with a solution. This is simply a possibility, but I wanted to make sure you were aware of this possible outcome.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

what it said
    any word yet if there going to get arc working with vista again ?
    Well they didnt change it at all so who might know...

System Requirements: Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10, 512MB RAM, 1Ghz or
    faster processor, and 300MB of available disk space.