test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lionheart downs SoS Finale

Comments

• tintacicustintacicus Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Congratz! How did you guys deal with portals and mobs? Any mechanics or just nuke bosses?
  • unusualsuspect1unusualsuspect1 Posts: 693 Arc User
    There are 3 bosses. First boss we blasted down. Someone mentioned something about portals but we did not see any in either of the two tries it took to kill it. Our first try on the first boss, we tried to kill the adds as well, and got overwhelmed. Second try we just ran to the side of the room after it dismounted and focused the boss with all AoEs on. The adds dropped as fast as they funnelled in then, and the boss dropped quickly.

Second boss was the most trouble. Lots of moving while killing multiple targets. Took us a few tries to get it down.

The final boss is like 3rd boss from StoK somewhat. Need to manage the location of the adds while moving and focusing the main boss.
  • majkel33majkel33 Posts: 88 Arc User
    nice B)
  • galadhwen23galadhwen23 Posts: 157 Arc User
    Yo, we tried on illyfue and somehow our 2nd boss doesnt do the same stuff yours does.
    We kinda get intense hp debuffs, heal debuffs and bleeds throughout the whole fight, while your raid seems to do just fine and i dont see any debuff on anyone in the video i watched.
    Just wanted to ask for some tips for 2nd boss, how to tank it, purges if needed, moving or standing still, how to do adds, etc... We tried following the video but seeing as you guys got no debuffs at all since the start makes it so much easier (i believe) for you, we keep getting debuff stacks, bleeds, hp reductions, heal reductions and heal penalties, so just wanted to know if theres a way of bugging it or locating the main boss or cast a skill to avoid debuffs or whatever, cheers
    Clyfar - divine priest
    edited October 2018
    Tanking 101 - Always face the boss away from the team (where possible)

The adds (sub-bosses) are the ones that apply all the debuffs you're talking about. Kill them ASAP

I died at about 60% health on the boss, so I didn't see much of the effects on the last half, so I can't personally offer a lot of tips there.
  • jramsdenjramsden Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Your raid doesn't kill the first add for ages and the heal debuff is the laceration the boss states - but no one in your raid was displaying that debuff icon

Definitely seemed different

And how far have you all got in sos2? That's now harder and still have lag in the instance so porting to last boss half of the raid will die to bleed still in the 10 seconds it takes to load
    Post edited by jramsden on
  • galadhwen23galadhwen23 Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    well it doesnt matter what they did, whether it was bugged or whatever, Illyfue just cleared it as well, good job everyone and thanks lionheart for putting the video down after we asked for help (lol)

Post edited by galadhwen23 on
    Clyfar - divine priest
    I had surgery 12 hours after and was a space cadet all weekend on painkillers. I dont know what happened to the video. It wasn't mine. Congrats on passing it.
  • jramsdenjramsden Posts: 37 Arc User
    Maybe the priest recording had no debuffs displayed at all which is a bit weird

Either way it's not as annoying as sos2 simply because of the lag in that instajce
  • anasilva991anasilva991 Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Congratz both Lions and Illys <3

@unusualsuspect1
    Really hope, all is well man, thx for the tips they surely helped and motivated guys, take care.
    Goodjob both raiders, lots of dinners lost on ourside, not really easy that 2nd boss, lots of coordination/focus.
    Cheers.

• stew675stew675 Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Wrong account
    edited October 2018

@unusualsuspect1
    Really hope, all is well man, thx for the tips they surely helped and motivated guys, take care.

Thank you for the well wishes <3

The last 12 months has been a bit of a crazy journey, with some essential stuff needing to be taken care of, but the diagnosis is now all clear (was looking a bit grim there for a while), and hopefully this recent work is the last of it. I count myself really lucky in this moment, with things looking positive again, so it's onwards and upwards. I just wasn't up to responding to the thread over the weekend though.

Congrats to all again.
    Post edited by unusualsuspect1 on