test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About smelting

So I've seen some people pop multiple unicorn pets and stuff via smelting, so I'm guessing couple of people have already figured out the mechanics of what to put in there (I don't think it's just luck or random items if the same people gets multiple pets and whatnot). I doubt anyone of those would be willing to share their secrets, however I'd be thankful for any hints as to what's actually worth smelting.

Only thing i've been able to figure out is that Lv3 and higher level gems give better chances to drop stacks of the smelting coins (I have gotten several stacks of 10 coins in a row from smelting lv3 gems, haven't gotten any stacks from other items).

Any input concerning the subject matter?

Comments

• chiffoncakechiffoncake Posts: 358 Arc User
    Arcane Adamantine x8 per has the best result so far.
  • fiora1222fiora1222 Posts: 25 Arc User
    i pop before a mount name dark lord mount grey ash with raw anima core:ragex8. i quess is random but me still learning
  • longschwanzerllongschwanzerl Posts: 59 Arc User

oh really? what did you get from it? i tried it 2 or 3 times but all I got was one single Arcane Adamantine back :D

oh really? what did you get from it? i tried it 2 or 3 times but all I got was one single Arcane Adamantine back :D
    It gives Smelter Crystal x10, I didn't check the Crystal Light, Animar Shards or other good mats amount. As for Pets, it's pretty random from junk so far.

• fw2database#6189 fw2database Posts: 120 Arc User
    Golden Fleece x5 + anything else x3
  • avihsnisavihsnis Posts: 79 Arc User
    > @fw2database#6189 said:
    > Golden Fleece x5 + anything else x3

better than arcane adamantine x8 ?
    Imperium
    [East] Storm Astuarot
    avihsnis said:

the same if x8 too... if x5 - then good for getting x10 coins
  • utahaltutahalt Posts: 402 Arc User

avihsnis said:

the same if x8 too... if x5 - then good for getting x10 coins
    Thank you @fw2database, it works very well. BUT, Golden Fleece smelting does not give any kind of Elixir (Fury, Frenzy etc.), at least from my multiple tries, so depend which items you want to get.
    edited June 2018
    i tested the fleece method and it works great. Also tinkered around a bit and it seems like 5x fleece + 3x arcane mithril have an increased chance to give stacks of arcane adamantine and single drops of pure gold or whatever it's called (the item you can sell for 10g).

Also tested the mentioned arcane adamantine x8 method again, with the ones I got from smelting the fleeces but again nothing good from it (only around 10 times, tho, with 8 adamantine per try).

unfortunately i ran out of soul leaves so I'm stuck with 800 coins (need 2k) for now, but still great way to "farm" them.
    In todays maint thread on the geeman forums they stated something about changesbeing made to thesmelting loot table. If anybody notices any changes any heads up would be appreciated. I would test.myself but my pc is currently broken.
  • ichdummichdumm Posts: 309 Arc User
    Tested Fleece method before todays patch + did not work for me. Doesn't matter what mix i try. After 50 Try's i gave up. Only bottles of not really usable stuff i got + those silver / golden bars.
    ichdumm said:

Tested Fleece method before todays patch + did not work for me. Doesn't matter what mix i try. After 50 Try's i gave up. Only bottles of not really usable stuff i got + those silver / golden bars.

That's weird, i was getting coins at least 75% of the time with the method (was mainly using 5x fleece + 3x world flutes). And none of the buff potions at all.
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,040 Arc User
    make sure youre using at least 5 fleeces. tried some with 4 but got more of the random junk vs none with 5.

also saw on one server a mount in auction called a ghost charger, assume someone got from smelting any idea what items best to pop it?
    Tryed again = Fail :( only silver/golden bars.
    BUT ........ using those lvl stones for Anima Rage gave me fashion boots not bound :)
    I mean...you will get the mithril and adamantine bars from using fleece. but still the coins drop in 10s at a decent rate. guildmate already tried some, nothing has changed. you just need a bigger sample size (or better luck!)
    edited June 2018
    ok my replacement parts for my computer arrived today and i was able to test.
    100 fleece ~ 80 coins for me, tested with 3 alts, got 2x 80 coins 1x 90 coins. 4x 10g item. couple of adamantine bars.

i'd also like to know about the mount, tho. it's the green skeleton-ish horse, right?
    seen it on our server recently and it's kinda cool.

i will see if i can "confirm" an increased chance of getting fashion with anima level items.
    yes the 155% mount with greenish icon but preview shows skeleton horse with blueish flames :)
    If ill have time ill explain how all this smelting works... and will post sone screens.

If ill have time ill explain how all this smelting works... and will post sone screens.

Thank you @fw2database, looking forward the chart! Also, wish FW will put holy shards in smelting or orbs too.
    Only on First Try

Part is been used @Rosequeen too reset Light/Dark (quick+dirty translated;) )
    The system is simple.
    There are 15 different ranges (tables). For example u use trash items like Edge Badge, Dim Star Debis ... each of it has 0 value
    in a special items table. So its a first range table (from 0 to 7 points) - other table I wont post cuz its alooot of data... Each range-table has 10 random packs (but only 9 different - there 2 same packs - so bigger prob to open this pack). Packs open by
    Random(1,10) - rundom number from 1 to 10. Here packs from this first range (almost all trash items):

so this only shows 10 (9 with 1 identical) loot tables for junk mats correct? and there are 5 other tables of better loot for higher value mats?
    anyway you want to make those other tables available for viewing (someplace else if too big here) :0

and is ghost charger in one of those tables :'(
    There 15 tables which has 10 packs each. So its 135 different packs. But almost all, begining from points 104+ have same content but different probs.

Cant explaint in other way cuz my bad english :)
  • botzlombebotzlombe Posts: 190 Arc User
    Ghost Charger is in Mount Tier 2-5
    so if you use 7 0point junk items and 1 8+point item you would trigger an entirely different set of loot tables? thats why minimum 5 golden fleece (21 point value?) trigger the table with common 10 unit smelter crystals? are there separate tables that list the point values of all items that can be used in smelter? that seems more useful information than drop rates :*

also spoiler #5 i.gyazo.com/b905ead6455b554546ce26d2d1e2c1b7.png displays no image (no biggie if its just another junk table)

obviously knowing a table name means nothing if you dont know what triggers the table. :/
  • nimagelasnimagelas Posts: 21 Arc User
    Hi,

To @fw2database#6189, you talk about trash like sparkling badges, runes etc. have a value of 0.
    But purple items (hammers, dark ametyst codex, ...) or gold items, such as legendary essence, orange spiritus, and ... (i do not know what more) ... are they of another category and are they themselves of the same category?
    How many categories of items are defined? Can you give us some examples, if it is not too indiscreet?

You say, Golden Fleece x5 + anything else x3 is a good compromise, but with 8 golden fleece, is the scrore higher, and do we go to another table?
    does the 3 anything else affect the outcome?

The Golden Fleece have a high value, see high probably, finally I suppose ... since it is for the moment the best result we have.

Thanks.
    Today, 8x Stout Health Potion = Frost Nova Relic Piece
  • saintstephensaintstephen Posts: 3 Arc User
    I've used 200+ golden fleece have have got jack ****. waste of time and money.
  • anasilva991anasilva991 Posts: 778 Arc User

Golden Fleece x5 + anything else x3

Hello, is it possible to get fashion, like corrupted gentleman fashion? If so is there any good combo, tried for weeks now, no luck or just bad rng :(