test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

dar guigo fashion order

spiceywingsspiceywings Posts: 88 Arc User

popped this from one of dar guigo's boxes, but there is no ''magic box'' or anything else in his tabs that trade for it. im guessing PWE removed some stuff (fox mount box anyone) and removed the item for this too? @anole300#5837

Comments

• spiceywingsspiceywings Posts: 88 Arc User
    so no one has any idea about this? @anole300#5837 ?? you guys tamper with npcs and put useless items in them and do nothing about it??
  • anole300#5837 anole300 Posts: 903 Perfect World Employee
    hmmm, what box did you obtain this from?
  • spiceywingsspiceywings Posts: 88 Arc User
    i believe it was the reggae hip hop box, but i was spamming a few different boxes and didnt really notice it in my bag til i was done.
  • fw2database#6189 fw2database Posts: 120 Arc User

• armenthys#4925 armenthys Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    So my suspicions were right, it was probably from Queen & Morin boxes and you can't redeem because Dar Giugo's store changed drastically after may patch and old items to redeem are no longer at Dar Giugo
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    the civet magic box is sort of listed in dars tab (cant buy the keys currently) and it isnt listed in the box loot description (but then again normal dar fashion tokens arent either but still drop), so it doesnt seen to make sense why the exchange would be removed unless it was indeed pwe tampering.
    I'll check with the devs about the exchange.
  • armenthys#4925 armenthys Posts: 321 Arc User
    It's not PWE tampering anything, and no I'm not defending them. Anytime we have had a major update some NPCs change their exchage items, like the Taylor something guy. He used to have exchange of Fantasy Shards for orbs like Golden Sand and fashion pieces for orbs, then it changed to a different orb after an update and the exchange was different.

But anyway, these changes come from china, but I agree there should be some kind of warning that some items would disappear or no longer usable before a major patch.
    well no, there was no change in the mechanism of the exchange at taylor. the orb available changed, and the recyclable fashion pieces to match the orb, but you could still buy them both with fantasy shards and neither orb dropped exclusive items that could not be used ever again once gone.

in both dar guigos previous tab listing of orb boxes and exchanges and the current one, there are extra boxes that we cannot (may never) access. whether that is a product of multiple patches rolled into one causing npc overlap, prizes from cn-only events, or pwe messing with the tabs (which we know they are able to do via changes to otis tabs) so they can turn freely available game orbs into cs exclusive ones to gouge our wallets further; its anyones guess. i find it hard to believe the box orbs are a ''new format'' being used that come separate and at DG instead of the fact that pwe just likes capitalizing on our love for ridiculously cutesy new things.

my memory is a little fuzzy of the things in the previous version of dar guigo (with the queen/morin box), but i remember one box was usable and the others not, just like now. what are those there for if not to be used?

as i said previously, the civet magic box apparently contains the same fashion order. not a different one, the same. and most likely allows you to get a fashion set that matches the current listing, who knows. its in our version of dar, with the same blue box used, but no key. and theres that lovely suspicious-looking gap like something shouldve been there, but isnt. coincidence?

• HI guys, just to add to this, where is the NPC Dar Giugo? I am new, got an orb from a new starter pack and received a fashion order but I can't find him... sorry for noobishness!!
    so now pwe has just posted a new spend promo releasing the baseball clan magic box. by their own admission of the drop list, which dar guigo's fashion order is included in, they are putting out orbs containing an item that presently has no available trade in game. guess you better add an extra exchange to some npc to make this useable and stop removing orbs from npcs to make players cs for them instead of being able to buy in game. @anole300#5837
    As mentioned above, I've already brought this up with the team - we will be updating the exchange (since it was originally based on the CN version).