Huge bug with immense effect on game

Comments

• draigwendraigwen Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Because it will cause the thread to be closed as it was on the German forum
    Post edited by draigwen on
  • copolong#9918 copolong Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    They can close a thread depending on the content, that means they read it. The thing is, why do don't they reply to the constant allusions on people cheating but they're concerned about names lists...

I wonder.
    Post edited by copolong#9918 on
  • draigwendraigwen Posts: 57 Arc User
    Well another attempt to get them to pay some attention here... PWE LOG INTO EU CROSS SERVER AND WATCH YOUR PROFITS GO UP IN SMOKE!!! Dar Guigo's fortune box spam is ridiculous and you'd probably get a good idea of all the exploiters is you spend as little as 2 minutes there...
  • dazy420#3112 dazy420 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    draigwen said:

PWE LOG INTO EU CROSS SERVER AND WATCH YOUR PROFITS GO UP IN SMOKE!!! Dar Guigo's fortune box spam is ridiculous and you'd probably get a good idea of all the exploiters is you spend as little as 2 minutes there...

Yeah.. all day long.
    Post edited by dazy420#3112 on
  • netdanetda Posts: 7 Arc User
    when is this time a spell for the people and or the rollback???

Mfg Zendyra
  • unusualsuspect1unusualsuspect1 Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited July 2018

Never happened they banned any1 any exploit ther was ppl were able to keep and honest ppl were left without anything, exploit as much as you can, and.dont tell anyone because they will take it away.

They cant aford to ban ppls as each ban is less money for them and that is bad bad.

Everyone having infinite gold means ZERO income for them. Far far worse than simply banning even a few big spenders.
  • g92kamissssg92kamissss Posts: 30 Arc User
    i dont understand what GM is doing what are u wating for....... u have 3 option bann. rollback. och Close the game until investigate is over, all servers economy getting oute off hand.
    people abusing and opning orb allllllllllllll Days looong on million off different allt and hiding gold in mail to not show up in rank.
    edited July 2018

i dont understand what GM is doing what are u wating for....... u have 3 option bann. rollback. och Close the game until investigate is over, all servers economy getting oute off hand.
    people abusing and opning orb allllllllllllll Days looong on million off different allt and hiding gold in mail to not show up in rank.

do GM even know how the bugg works????
    @anole300#5837

• dazy420#3112 dazy420 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Apparently some people are being banned as I'm writing this, so something is happening.
    There also was a GM character on Dyos like an hour ago, guess he was checking out the orb spam.
  • zacksilk#9331 zacksilk Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2018

Why people are affraid of giving names?...

Illyfue Mafia, you know who. Now they try to destroy other guilds, so all get blame. carefull people.
    I don't know who are the "Illyfue Mafia" But if being coward and not saying things is the way for some of you, then, Okay.
    HAPPY bannday to the lucky guys who where banned^^^im so proud off you to help us clear the game form some bacteria/ virus.
    and for you exploiter enjoy youre bann aleast u can rest youre fingers now from opning orbs all days long^^ see FW is nice after all giving vecation just in time when the summer is here .<3<3
  • kaironsmitekaironsmite Posts: 2 Arc User
    100k + diamonds is underestimated ...... -.-

I hope there is a reversal, I think this is fair with other players, I am playing right, hoping fwi game improvements
    Illyfue is so empty now. I thought that the ones complaining on Dyos dodging them would not be ending using the exploit too. I guess it's about fake honest personalities. :3
    I had heard a rumour that almost all the major players from a major guild on a certain server got smacked down with the (perma)ban hammer. Who was that person above who said that PWE would not ban anyone?

Bottom line is this. If it has the potential to impact PWE's game income in a significant way, they're gonna get you for it ... eventually. Only sheer arrogance would have you believe that you're more important than the company's bottom line (unless you're single-handedly bank-rolling the entire server that is). Infinite gold without a doubt fits that criteria. You never need to charge again, and now there's a whole server full of resentful paying customers who will no longer want to play. Keeping you in the game would mean near zero future income from that server. PWE therefore have no choice but to ban you, or shutdown the server. So long as there's still money to be made, guess which one they're gonna pick regardless of the size of your charge history?

The only exception to this rule would be if it affects the entire server in such a broad manner that they would have to shut the server down if they banned all involved, in which case they just roll back (which they have done plenty of times), or just patch the hole and move on (eg. x-server gem claim, intra-account stash transfer of stacked bound items)
    They try to draggggg you.

2018-07-04 20-39-46

2018-07-04 20-45-04
  • starfischle1starfischle1 Posts: 78 Arc User

The only exception to this rule would be if it affects the entire server in such a broad manner that they would have to shut the server down if they banned all involved, in which case they just roll back (which they have done plenty of times)

They should've just done that. Banning the people after they already purchased everything from ah and spread the gold over alts and other players was pointless, considering the ingame market is f'ed up now. Also most people won't cash shop now because what you get for your money is worthless ingame due to ridiculous prices and lack of items. Refunding money to some banned players (which recently happened) doesn't help, either. Makes some people wanna quit even more.
    edited July 2018

They should've just done that. Banning the people after they already purchased everything from ah and spread the gold over alts and other players was pointless, considering the ingame market is f'ed up now. Also most people won't cash shop now because what you get for your money is worthless ingame due to ridiculous prices and lack of items. Refunding money to some banned players (which recently happened) doesn't help, either. Makes some people wanna quit even more.

On the whole, I would agree with you, if PWE could roll back just one server at a time. As far as I understood it though, they can only roll back all servers at once, so what should they do when the actions of a few on two servers would result in the loss of up to 2 months of gameplay on 8 servers?

I'd warrant that they chose the least of all evils given the technical limitations placed upon them. If there existed the option to just roll back single servers, I'd bet that they'd have done that.
    Post edited by unusualsuspect1 on
  • longschwanzerllongschwanzerl Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    EU and US servers aren't even located at the same physical place, so why would they not be able to do a rollback for just EU or US? That kinda doesn't make any sense. Also where did you get your numbers from? The bug was exploited on Dyos, Illyfue and Shylia. And I would be highly surprised if Tytan players didn't use it aswell. So that makes 4 out of 5 EU servers (Don't know if there's even any people left on Nyos, if yes it's not many). a
    Post edited by longschwanzerl on

EU and US servers aren't even located at the same physical place, so why would they not be able to do a rollback for just EU or US? That kinda doesn't make any sense. Also where did you get your numbers from? The bug was exploited on Dyos, Illyfue and Shylia. And I would be highly surprised if Tytan players didn't use it aswell. So that makes 4 out of 5 EU servers (Don't know if there's even any people left on Nyos, if yes it's not many).

Take it up with PWE as to what makes sense or not. I don't work for them.

I wasn't aware of Shylia, but okay. I'm only stating what I saw being reported on these forums, and maybe I missed Shylia being mentioned.

It was actually a number of the Russian players from Tytan who reproduced the issue on a private server to demonstrate to PWE support directly as to how it was being done, so PWE could report to Wanmei to fix it. Seemed that some of the Tytan players actually worked harder to get the issue sorted faster than any of the players on other servers were prepared to. Should they be punished with an almost 2 month roll back for their efforts? Tytan has almost as many players as the rest of the Euro servers combined nowadays.
    edited July 2018
    Well it wasn't 2 months back when the rollback was due.. it was 2-3 weeks when we reported the bug lol.
    And since when are Tytan players such little angels? Last time I checked they were the ones running around with self heal hacks and squat on x-server. They're the kings of cheating when it comes to EU servers lol.
    Post edited by longschwanzerl on
    edited July 2018
    Reported in June 21. Fixed July 6th. Stated in opening post had been going on for at least two weeks with the knowledge of the original poster. So we're almost up to 5 weeks here. May have been happening longer. Who knows? Approaching 2 months was an estimate from when the OP was first aware of the issue.

Yeah, some Russians have found the infinite heal hack exploit which is also affecting NA servers too, even our own server. Just cos SOME do, does not make all of them the same way. That's a broad generalisation don't you think?
    edited July 2018
    My first ticket (also those of other people i know) was sent in june 8th. This thread was posted when the second big wave of tickets were submitted. By that time PWE should've already pulled the emergency break.

Also they didn't "fix" squat, they removed the guild ah option, which is not a real fix (as in fix the npc) but a temporary solution that could've and should've been provided much earlier.

As far as the other argument goes, you're doing the same thing:
    It's only SOME of them who reproduced the bug in order to help, no?
    However by your logic that means all of them put in effort? But it doesn't mean that others didn't use the bug for their own good.

If I understand this correctly you're playing on us servers so you don't see the ridiculous progress some of their chars have made in no time right after the bug was made public.

Fact is, it affects the entire eu x-server, not "just" the 3-4 servers that used the bug (and like i said, judging on what i can see on x-server i'm sure it was used on tytan, too.). And they should've handled it differently.
    What would have them do? Continue to roll back indefinitely until they found the issue? They didn't know how it was being done despite trying. So what would YOU do if there's some but that affects everyone but no one is telling you how it's done?

Always so quick with the blame without understanding that simply rolling back from day 1 wasn't going to fix squat.

Maybe they should've shut the servers down entirely?

What would have them do? Continue to roll back indefinitely until they found the issue? They didn't know how it was being done despite trying. So what would YOU do if there's some but that affects everyone but no one is telling you how it's done?

Always so quick with the blame without understanding that simply rolling back from day 1 wasn't going to fix squat.

Maybe they should've shut the servers down entirely?

I just said we reported the bug june 8th, we told them how the money was generated. You just stated yourself that it was fixed July 6th. So there were 4 weeks without them doing anything about it...

And it wouldn't have been the first time for them to just shut down the server in order to prevent further damage. Remember nova pack a couple of years ago, when the servers suddenly went off at the weekend until they were able to start their rollback at the beginning of the week?

Sure that would've sucked, but couple of days not being able to play would've been a small thing. What we have now is a huge issue, because every effort put in the game for years has become kinda worthless. And now we sit here with a destroyed market and sh*t and have to suck it up. And if i read something about banned people getting refunds on previous purchases it makes me sick, because the people that suffer from their "money making spree" aren't getting anything to make up for it.
    edited July 2018
    Why then we're the PWE engineering saying that they were unable to reproduce for weeks?

I think that here is where the issue truly is of what you say is true that you gave them full and complete information on how to reproduce.

I have friends in the Russian community, and they were actively working to figure out how it was being done and reporting back to PWE. When they said that they had found it and reported how, the servers got shut down that night for the emergency patch

So where is the disjoint between these two stories is perhaps the core question here