Astral system Bug

aytay
aytay Posts: 1 Arc User
When i open my astral system with H i get an error message similar to the ones you get when entering instances like molten inferno. I can do the astral pray but cant level any skill in the astral tree. Is anyone else facing the same error? I was asked by support to make a forum post. If anole or someone can please help me.

Comments

• stew675
    stew675 Posts: 250 Arc User
    A full verify install, or a full reinstall should fix it. It appears that the client side files for this are vulnerable to corruption. Be sure to back up your screenshot directory before performing either task
  • nyxchuck001
    nyxchuck001 Posts: 13 Arc User
    i just got that problem and re install didnt work, any other ideas please ? :thinking:
  • stew675
    Could you post a shot of the exact error message? Can probably translate it with Google Translate if it's in Chinese.

Also, perhaps try changing the screen resolution to something else, and see if it works then? The Astral System is somewhat finicky in that if it doesn't believe that everything is aligned properly, then it'll start complaining.

Really just throwing random ideas out here, based upon helping (or trying to) others with similar issues.
  • babydonthurtme14
    babydonthurtme14 Posts: 34 Arc User

astral system working fine on one client but not another from same computer. full verify/reinstall did nothing
  • dirisa
    dirisa Posts: 1 Arc User
    I heard/read something of the screen resolution being too small could cause a bug, might be worth checking into. Don't ask me for details though.
  • stew675
    So what is your screen resolution?
  • nyxchuck001
    edited February 2018
    i got that error, idk what happend, i was making runes and just let the pc for 5 min to make some tea and then i was to put the rune in the phoenix skill got the error

• stew675
    Looking at @babydonthurtme14 screen-shot a little more carefully, it appears that the screen resolution is very low, with the Astroplane window pop-up itself almost taking up the entire width of the screen.

It is probably likely that after a certain number of points have been opened that the game tries to prepare all the texts and popups when mousing over the background, and at a certain point, is bumping into the limits imposed by the screen resolution due to some poor coding, and is not able to complete its drawing task, hence the error about a failed size check.

For those hitting this issue, and I understand that this may not always be an easy thing to do, what happens if the game is run on an external/different monitor with a higher resolution (at least 1600x1024) and after setting the game settings to be at the hi-res monitor's native resolution.

Does the issue still happen then?
  • raven#3594
    raven#3594 Posts: 9 Arc User
    I had that issue as well and ajusted the screen resolution which solved it from that prospective but still having connection problems at times when I play does that have anything to do with the current problem??
  • babydonthurtme14
    babydonthurtme14 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    tried different screen resolutions and different computers altogether, still popping up. again, not having this issue with another client on the same computer who has similar progress in astral tree
  • nyxchuck001
    @anole300#5837 any help for this? please
  • gargoyle79
    gargoyle79 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Have same problem like @babydonthurtme14 for months. From support got answer to put in bug thread :/
    Losing so much not able to level any star
  • senrin
    senrin Posts: 824 Arc User

Have same problem like @babydonthurtme14 for months. From support got answer to put in bug thread :/
    Losing so much not able to level any star

And Anole will reply to send a ticket to support! XD

Welcome to FW!
  • aestheticsbro
    aestheticsbro Posts: 92 Arc User
    One of my characters also encountered this bug several months ago. Seems the problem is only with the first constellation; upon reaching lv30 the Hudson star chart is unlocked and can be used, but the error still pops up and Niervina remains unusable.
  • melankoliskvad
    melankoliskvad Posts: 9 Arc User
    Got the same problem on one of my characters. I know it's not the only game breaking bug that we have now, but I hope you're working on a fix
  • nyxdeath001
    nyxdeath001 Posts: 168 Arc User
    @anole300#5837 something to say ? :thinking:
    top corzo
  • ichdumm
    ichdumm Posts: 450 Arc User
    Let us try something ;)

Be not in Game.
    Copy everything that is in the folder "installationpath\rolesettings\layout\" to a other place.
    If done DELETE everything.
    Login to the game. For every char you use the game recreates the files that you have deleted.
    BUT now they are presets. All things you ever had done (mostly Window position) are gone.

Check what happend with this char having problems. Tipp, should be the only one logged /used by now.

If prob is gone: take look in that folder to get the name (digits) and copy ALL others from your save place back to the folder.

If no change happend for this pro char, delete the newly created files and copy ALL back to have your settings back.

Hope thats clear enough :)
  • nyxdeath001
    nyxdeath001 Posts: 168 Arc User
    ichdumm said:

Let us try something ;)

Be not in Game.
    Copy everything that is in the folder "installationpath\rolesettings\layout\" to a other place.
    If done DELETE everything.
    Login to the game. For every char you use the game recreates the files that you have deleted.
    BUT now they are presets. All things you ever had done (mostly Window position) are gone.

Check what happend with this char having problems. Tipp, should be the only one logged /used by now.

If prob is gone: take look in that folder to get the name (digits) and copy ALL others from your save place back to the folder.

If no change happend for this pro char, delete the newly created files and copy ALL back to have your settings back.

Hope thats clear enough :)

dont work, i did all but still bugged, i hope @anole300#5837 can reply someday :(
    top corzo
  • anole300#5837
    anole300#5837 Posts: 912 Perfect World Employee
    Ticketing is helpful in general - it gives us formal examples to provide to the team on what is occurring.

Apologies, this hasn't been ignored, was hoping to have some info before responding. That said, this issue has been brought up with the development team already, but unfortunately we haven't heard anything back just yet.