Your mileage may vary, but here's my cheat-sheet short-hand guide for getting the most out of the Astroplane system quickly
If you're asking why I did this because all of this is obvious to you, the answer is that I asked about and was surprised by the number of people who weren't aware of even a third of what is below. This post is for them.
- Open the system using the 'h' key
- Don't use Astroplane Dust (or Astroplane Spar) to increase your Astroplane level once it reaches level 10. Only do the 3 prays (+ 1 or more Astroplane keys from Morin in FH)
- Every level of Astroplane adds the follow benefits/statistics to your character
+1000 Hit Points
+400 Mana Points
- Those statistics are additive per level, so at level 20 of Astroplane, you would get +400 Attack, +1600 Defense, +20,000 HP, +8,000 MP in total from your Astroplane level
- Start unlocking and levelling up the star points with your available materials as soon as possible. Don't waste them on levelling Astroplane past level 10
- Astroplane materials are available for free from the following sources:
King's Imperial Order (1x daily from King Apelio in the throne room in Nightfall) - Gives Astroplane Dust + Spar boxes
King's Personal Order (2x daily gives 1 Astroplane Dust each)
Edira (Blue Sisters) Quest in Order Highlands - Gives Sturdy + Sharp star essences
Various - Nolad @ Winter Festival quest area (Fortify Tab)
Sturdy Star Essence - Morin in Freedom Harbour (costs Wargod points + soul gold)
Sharp Star Essence - Morin in Freedom Harbour (costs Champion points + soul gold)
Hard and Keen Star Essence - Quitos Arena Reward Agent (in Hall behind Henry in Nightfall)
Various - Expert and Master Random Challenge, and Vengeance Freedom Harbour rolls
Various - Certain world boss drops
- Don't level any one star point beyond 10/20 until you first unlock at least 18 of the star points. Once one reaches 10/20, start unlocking and levelling up the one next to it
- Make sure you LEFT-CLICK the star points AGAIN that you want to actually turn on after you unlock them. You can only turn on a starpoint next to another that is already turned on.
- The starter star point is always turned on once it is unlocked. All others need to be manually turned on.
- A star point that is turned on glows brightly, appearing as an 8 pointed star.
- If a star point only appears lit up as a 4-pointed star, it is only unlocked, but not yet turned on.
- You will ONLY receive the benefits of a star point if it is turned on.
- The benefits you will receive from a star point is the star point's level multiplied by the bonus listed.
- For example: A star point that offers +10 Defense that is level 5/20, will give you 10x5 = +50 Defense when you turn it on
- Plan ahead. While you can unlock and level up all 55 star points, only 18 star points can be turned on at any one time (for Neirvana tree).
- The xx/18/55 numbers at the lower right mean the following:
`xx' - the number of star points you have turned on
18 - The maximum number of star points that you can turn on
55 - The number of unlockable star points in the current tree
- The reset button just turns all the stars off again. All your levels in all star points remain. Just left click the unlocked star points again to turn them on again.
- You can only reset once per hour.
- Hold down left mouse click on the empty space beside the tree and drag your mouse to the left, to see the Hudson tree. Yiratis and Shield Deist are further right.
- The maximum Astroplane level at present in our version is 40. The cap will be raised to level 70 in the next major patch update.
- As a result, only Neirvana (opened at Astroplane level 5) and Hudson (opened at level 30) trees are available at the present level cap of 40.
- You must unlock AND turn-on the 4 star points in the loop in the wing areas to activate the rune powers listed
- Install level 4 runes of your class into the loop star points by dragging from your bag to the star point and releasing
- The rune will be consumed without offering any other benefits described by the rune, other than transferring its rune color and energy level to the star point
- Install enough rune energy to unlock the benefits listed within the loop area