test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shap's Astroplane Cheat Sheet Guide

Your mileage may vary, but here's my cheat-sheet short-hand guide for getting the most out of the Astroplane system quickly
If you're asking why I did this because all of this is obvious to you, the answer is that I asked about and was surprised by the number of people who weren't aware of even a third of what is below. This post is for them.
  • Open the system using the 'h' key
  • Don't use Astroplane Dust (or Astroplane Spar) to increase your Astroplane level once it reaches level 10. Only do the 3 prays (+ 1 or more Astroplane keys from Morin in FH)
  • Every level of Astroplane adds the follow benefits/statistics to your character
    +20 Attack
    +80 Defense
    +1000 Hit Points
    +400 Mana Points
  • Those statistics are additive per level, so at level 20 of Astroplane, you would get +400 Attack, +1600 Defense, +20,000 HP, +8,000 MP in total from your Astroplane level
  • Start unlocking and levelling up the star points with your available materials as soon as possible. Don't waste them on levelling Astroplane past level 10
  • Astroplane materials are available for free from the following sources:
    King's Imperial Order (1x daily from King Apelio in the throne room in Nightfall) - Gives Astroplane Dust + Spar boxes
    King's Personal Order (2x daily gives 1 Astroplane Dust each)
    Edira (Blue Sisters) Quest in Order Highlands - Gives Sturdy + Sharp star essences
    Various - Nolad @ Winter Festival quest area (Fortify Tab)
    Sturdy Star Essence - Morin in Freedom Harbour (costs Wargod points + soul gold)
    Sharp Star Essence - Morin in Freedom Harbour (costs Champion points + soul gold)
    Hard and Keen Star Essence - Quitos Arena Reward Agent (in Hall behind Henry in Nightfall)
    Various - Expert and Master Random Challenge, and Vengeance Freedom Harbour rolls
    Various - Certain world boss drops
  • Don't level any one star point beyond 10/20 until you first unlock at least 18 of the star points. Once one reaches 10/20, start unlocking and levelling up the one next to it
  • Make sure you LEFT-CLICK the star points AGAIN that you want to actually turn on after you unlock them. You can only turn on a starpoint next to another that is already turned on.
  • The starter star point is always turned on once it is unlocked. All others need to be manually turned on.
  • A star point that is turned on glows brightly, appearing as an 8 pointed star.
  • If a star point only appears lit up as a 4-pointed star, it is only unlocked, but not yet turned on.
  • You will ONLY receive the benefits of a star point if it is turned on.
  • The benefits you will receive from a star point is the star point's level multiplied by the bonus listed.
  • For example: A star point that offers +10 Defense that is level 5/20, will give you 10x5 = +50 Defense when you turn it on
  • Plan ahead. While you can unlock and level up all 55 star points, only 18 star points can be turned on at any one time (for Neirvana tree).
  • The xx/18/55 numbers at the lower right mean the following:
    `xx' - the number of star points you have turned on
    18 - The maximum number of star points that you can turn on
    55 - The number of unlockable star points in the current tree
  • The reset button just turns all the stars off again. All your levels in all star points remain. Just left click the unlocked star points again to turn them on again.
  • You can only reset once per hour.
  • Hold down left mouse click on the empty space beside the tree and drag your mouse to the left, to see the Hudson tree. Yiratis and Shield Deist are further right.
  • The maximum Astroplane level at present in our version is 40. The cap will be raised to level 70 in the next major patch update.
  • As a result, only Neirvana (opened at Astroplane level 5) and Hudson (opened at level 30) trees are available at the present level cap of 40.
  • You must unlock AND turn-on the 4 star points in the loop in the wing areas to activate the rune powers listed
  • Install level 4 runes of your class into the loop star points by dragging from your bag to the star point and releasing
  • The rune will be consumed without offering any other benefits described by the rune, other than transferring its rune color and energy level to the star point
  • Install enough rune energy to unlock the benefits listed within the loop area

Comments

• silnecsilnec Posts: 248 Arc User
    Thanks for this detailed post.
    ⋆⋆⋆ SEPHMEISTER ⋆ Illyfue ⋆⋆⋆

"this game is dying on all servers, wake the fk up" - Amarantos

This is the truth. PWE does not care.

• icedivasicedivas Posts: 1 Arc User
    awesome info - thanks for sharing - this should be on patch info actually...
  • tintacicustintacicus Posts: 13 Arc User
    thanks a lot for this :D
  • krykkyt2#3000 krykkyt2 Posts: 17 Arc User
    Can i ask, why not use the Astroplane dust or spars?
  • nyxdeath001nyxdeath001 Posts: 106 Arc User

Can i ask, why not use the Astroplane dust or spars?

because this a cheat guide :thinking: and must be in guides with the other guides and not in general :thinking:

• unusualsuspect1unusualsuspect1 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    > @krykkyt2#3000 said:
    > Can i ask, why not use the Astroplane dust or spars?

Because they are more needed to level star points. Levelling the Star Points will give you more benefit than merely dumping the the dust and spars into levelling Astroplane. The cost per Astroplane level also goes up with each level you gain. The Astroplane XP you get from prays and Astro Keys also increases per level as well to compensate. The Astroplane XP from dust and spars is a fixed 20,000 Astro XP, and so we rapidly reach a point of diminishing returns after level 10.

If you use the 3 pray ball clicks per day (available after level 10), plus an Astroplane Key from Morin you will subsequently reach level 30 in Astroplane in about 10 weeks (70 days). Reaching level 40 will be in about 10 weeks after that following the same approach.

The Astro Dust is needed by the literal thousands to level the star points in the first tree, and the Astro Spars too, which are even more rare (unless spending cash on orbs) and are needed to level the star points in the 2nd tree (Hudson).

In the end, you can do whatever you want. I'm just providing advice on what mathematically looks to be the best bang for your buck approach.
  • botzlombebotzlombe Posts: 210 Arc User
    Think it depends more in what u want. For me i nearly didnt put any points in neivana and leveled to 30 to make Hudson. Coz that one is for atk/CC etc..
    So in the End it depends a bit on classes and personal interests.
    edited December 2017
    botzlombe said:

Think it depends more in what u want. For me i nearly didnt put any points in neivana and leveled to 30 to make Hudson. Coz that one is for atk/CC etc..

So in the End it depends a bit on classes and personal interests.

When we first started hitting up the 105 instances, we realised that we needed to be tankier even as dps. It does pay off. We can rush to 30 and then having nothing left to spend on it when we get there (unless cashing on orbs), or you can get there a few weeks later, and fill it (Hudson) out in a burst, while enjoying the benefits of being tankier along the way.

It's a time-benefit equation. Rush to 30 now, and we'll just end up levelling both slowly afterwards. Be a little more relaxed about levelling the Astroplane, and I'd almost guarantee that all else being equal (meaning cashing the same amount, or not cashing), the relaxed levelling approach will result in being better developed in both trees a week after hitting 30, than the rush to 30 approach will be.

In the end though, do whatever works for you.

• nickvvnickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    Arena doesnt work anyways, the 1st tree is useless :P
    edited December 2017
    nickvv said:

Arena doesnt work anyways, the 1st tree is useless :P

Works most of the time here in the US, except for whenever someone hits 2700 score, in which case it breaks for the week of the following reset, before working again the reset after it breaks.

If people like pure PvE, the whole tail section of Neirvana is a wonderland of health, defenses, and damage reduction especially now that newer bosses are doing aspected damage.

If people want to be DPS glass cannons, then sure, just spend all available Astroplane Dusts on levelling Astroplane (but still don't use any Spars), and for about 3-4 weeks, that would place someone ahead of the general pack until the pack catches up for DPS, and overtakes them for versatility (again, all else being equal).
  • develichious2develichious2 Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2017

Works most of the time here in the US, except for whenever someone hits 2700 score, in which case it breaks for the week of the following reset, before working again the reset after it breaks.

EU arena hasn't worked in months now.. WTB cross server merge

or ya'll US people could start recording and uploading at least :P
    Post edited by develichious2 on
  • krykkyt2#3000 krykkyt2 Posts: 17 Arc User
    Thank you, i was using my spars as i ran out of space to save everything! will save them now, makes sense to me. Thank you for your reply.
  • se1765anse1765an Posts: 8 Arc User
    Thank you for this guide, it's very helpful :)
  • thafujithafuji Posts: 298 Arc User
    Thank you for very valuable post. ;3
  • fastt007fastt007 Posts: 28 Arc User
    Thank you for the guide, very helpful :wink: I still haven't figured out how to activate the star point tho-have 3 star points unlocked (just one of them is maxed), and they are just a glowing 4 pointed star. Left clicking on them does nothing :(
  • tomycro0tomycro0 Posts: 83 Arc User
    if they are glowing then they are activated
    ~ Mini_Phane ~ Warden lvl110 ~ Nyos server ~
    Thought the same, but the glowing 4 pointed and 8 pointed star part in the text confused me a bit :smiley:
    edited January 2018
    > @fastt007 said:
    > Thought the same, but the glowing 4 pointed and 8 pointed star part in the text confused me a bit :smiley:

Need to left click them again after they are unlocked (games calls it activated) to actually turn them on to receive their benefits. When you turn them on they will glow more brightly, like an 8 pointed star. The only exception to this is the colored rune slot stars with runes in them. They don't become 8 pointed glowing stars even when turned on. You have to look to see that the bonus is in white text, and not grey, to see that it is turned on.
    Thank you very much for the explanation, think i got it now. :wink::D
  • ichdummichdumm Posts: 399 Arc User
    Need some advice upon this :smile:

Various - Expert and Master Random Challenge, and Vengeance Freedom Harbour rolls

What scrolls ? Where to get. Screenshoot would be nice. Haven't found anything in FH.
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,063 Arc User
    you need reading lessons. it says rolls, as in the wheel at the end of random challenge and freedom harbor vengeance instances.
  • ichdummichdumm Posts: 399 Arc User
    amarantos said:

you need reading lessons. it says rolls, as in the wheel at the end of random challenge and freedom harbor vengeance instances.

Got it, thx