test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Khaos Chest

2»

Comments

• eberaria1eberaria1 Posts: 34 Arc User
    senrin said:

Considering 24h cd, they give us too many keys compared to the boxes.

1 key per day per account, seems bit better, imo.

I was thinking 5-8hr global cd and limit a toon to 10 chests a day.
    But I also like the random cd suggestion.
  • cheba70cheba70 Posts: 31 Arc User
    I was watching a chest that had about 4 minutes left on it. Was my first attempt at one. With 20 seconds left another player appeared from different realm, I was clicking on chest and got it. He called me a BeeEyeT-C-H and changed realms. So I checked back next day and was same characters only this time brought guild mates and pretty much covered the chest. They went on realm hopping. I left that's it for me. Make it account based not character. Doesn't matter to me really I'm about done here.
  • To get something good prob is 2.75% ? Hm... is it worth ur nerves ?

To get something good prob is 2.75% ? Hm... is it worth ur nerves ?

"Good" is subjective. For many wg and/or champ alone is "good".
  • magikarp851magikarp851 Posts: 30 Arc User
    eberaria1 said:

senrin said:

Considering 24h cd, they give us too many keys compared to the boxes.

1 key per day per account, seems bit better, imo.

I was thinking 5-8hr global cd and limit a toon to 10 chests a day.
    But I also like the random cd suggestion.
    The best way to do it in my opinion is to throw off the timers. Lower the cooldown and people will just farm it 3x as much.

Keep the 24 hour cooldown....each hour give it a 2% chance for the chest to reset and become available.

Simple enough concept but I doubt the talent of the coders. It'd almost certainly be in the hands of Wanmei so basically we get what we're given anyway. I doubt anything will be changed.

Lower the cooldown and people will just farm it 3x as much.

That's why I also added, limited to 10 per toon per day.
  • poswalahposwalah Posts: 58 Arc User
    the problem is ppl that farm the chest. U can go chest to chest n notice the timers are roughly the same given a min or 2 to get there. Makes it pretty obvious. the problem w/ the chest is same as the ore in cruci. The chest aren't even worth the trouble as they only give exp books depending on size of bag from them is how many u get. Its not even worth the trouble running around in hopes of finding an unopened chest when that time can be spent on exp u know u can get. I just trash the keys and spend my time more wisely.
    Lv110 Prec MM - W]Lionheart
  • anyadpicsajaanyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    wh everyone forgets the main reason why people opening the chests? its not the SP/XP Books...its not even worth using those,i for one instantly trash them.

The main reason is the Champion,Ode,Wargod Points from each chest. Just imagine how much champion you can get if you open just 5 of them in all 10 realms and its only give the lowest reward (500 at least but its reasonable to assume you gonna end up with around 800) and of course the summon scrolls for pet and the mobs.

If you have a bunch of summon scrolls stocked you can pretty much spam them after maintenance and can end up with around 30+ pet soul spirit and a few lvl 110 pet from the pet xp from the mob kills alone (dont forget that soulforce kills them as well)

The ONLY way to stop people from camping it: is to remove the chest after using it so its invisible, and give it a random cooldown. (althou i always opened my 6 daily so far without camping them,just takes time to find them)
    giphy.gif
  • senrinsenrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    The real issue hidden inside this "chest's cd" is that it's another way to make ppl bored and quit...

I mean, how many of us told already "it is not worth my time, I will go on and pass?"

Like the difficulty on new instances? Or the impossibility to reach lvl4 flying wings in less than 5 years? At least for the many?

What's the point of adding new and new stuffs that - anyways - most of players give up already?

Oh, blink blink, Boutique has another update! <3