Shadow ToK

ragn0r0k
ragn0r0k Posts: 60 Arc User
Just wondering if anyone has gotten past the 3rd boss in Shadow ToK and if you did, could you please share some tips.

Comments

• stew675
    stew675 Posts: 250 Arc User
    Third boss stopped us too. The stronger ones survived the big AoE, but the rest did not. Need to be more tanky. Work on Astral system.
  • croucrou91
    croucrou91 Posts: 7 Arc User
    What did you get as reward of 2nd boss ? We still have to manage how to end it.
  • majkel33
    majkel33 Posts: 93 Arc User
    ToK drop upgrade items for PVE juve
  • croucrou91
    croucrou91 Posts: 7 Arc User
    A few months have passed since Exordium's launch, still, we are not able to down third boss, any tips ?
    Does nuke to death work ?
  • divinityscarlet
    divinityscarlet Posts: 63 Arc User

A few months have passed since Exordium's launch, still, we are not able to down third boss, any tips ?
    Does nuke to death work ?

Third boss is the most difficult one in the entire instance, you will need to nuke it yes, but you have to use your bards to sleep the small mobs when they spawn and you will need to tell your raid NOT to aoe when the small mobs have been slept. If everyone properly works around that, you can kill it. After that the bosses are easy, though the last one will require you to individually kill each of its "heads" before you can kill the actual boss so it's the most time-consuming one.

• wickerman#9012
    wickerman#9012 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Burst until the adds spawn, then only single target attacks (put away pets with aoe attacks!). Couple of mages work wonders (to remove the red buff from the boss, works best with 3 to 4 mages, since the buff comes back pretty quick).
    Post edited by wickerman#9012 on
  • unusualsuspect1
    unusualsuspect1 Posts: 694 Arc User
    Managed to clear this last night on Lionheart
  • babydonthurtme14
    babydonthurtme14 Posts: 34 Arc User
    can groups post some tips for last boss. alot of attack missing and the freeze/burn/wind/etc from the heads just make it very difficult, and even dedicated aegis/pve ten tank gets hit too hard by heads after some die and boss gets attack buffed.
  • stew675
    edited February 2018
    A Precision MM with maxed Eva debuff on Hunters Mark plus their accuracy buff, or a maxed eva debuff rebel priest, plus any other skills from others that debuff evasion is almost essential to pass the final boss.

If the MM in our team dies on the final boss and no one is able to revive, it is essentially a guaranteed wipe and we need to reset

Aegis or protector should be in full PvE tenacity gear, and should have a good divine priest on them full time with the bubble and dedicated heals. We have 1 divine priest in our team for the tank, and 3 light bards for team heals
  • longschwanzerl
    longschwanzerl Posts: 59 Arc User
    also one more tip for the last boss.. after bating the previous boss take off your gear and let your entire raid wipe on final boss to get rid of the heal debuff or else your tank/group prolly won't survive.
  • babydonthurtme14
    waiting for the heal debuff to leave seemed pretty common sense. we did not have that. had a blood vamp/priest healing the tank. again, in aegis with 4pc 105 tenacity bonus and 3 piece 100 tenacity pieces. tenacity appears to cap out at 70%, having 660 vs 858 showed still 70% reduction. will keep in mind the acc/Eva more.
  • babydonthurtme14
    ok so we went back in with eagle eye lights, shylia tears, two prec mms (one with aoe hunter mark) and killed it in one swipe....acc op ty
  • stew675
    edited February 2018
    Them MMs though hey? Congrats

I've noticed that a fair bit of the newer content is trying to give mechanics that allow certain classes to shine. Tanks with tenacity and aggro swap. Bards with mass sleep. MMs for accuracy. Mass crowd controllers and so on.
  • elisha2
    elisha2 Posts: 364 Arc User
    the raid in which I am, has found another technique to do the whole instance. My start at 19.00 SOS and TOK Shadow and at 20.00 I invite to Dusk instance. :D On average 30 minutes for SOS, 30 minutes for TOK Shadow. Do not use any sleeping of small mobs. we atack bos and when spawned little mobs only ignore (with recall pets). Bos get again full HP and When mobs disappear, full damage, all bards use tide and other players use their special skill. Done. The fastest TOK Shadow method. We do 100% complete without a wipe every week.

Illyfue / NewOrder /3/2011 to date
    _Lucinka_ light bard
    ElinaMais sleet (ice) dragoon
  • longschwanzerl
    longschwanzerl Posts: 59 Arc User
    elisha2 said:

the raid in which I am, has found another technique to do the whole instance. My start at 19.00 SOS and TOK Shadow and at 20.00 I invite to Dusk instance. :D On average 30 minutes for SOS, 30 minutes for TOK Shadow. Do not use any sleeping of small mobs. we atack bos and when spawned little mobs only ignore (with recall pets). Bos get again full HP and When mobs disappear, full damage, all bards use tide and other players use their special skill. Done. The fastest TOK Shadow method. We do 100% complete without a wipe every week.

most of this was already mentioned. the only thing particularly "new" about this is that you don't use sleep on the adds, which I agree is not necessary (we never did that anyway). But it does not make any difference when it comes to how fast the boss gets nuked, whether or not the adds are being sleeped or simply ignored. same thing, really. Also 30 minutes isn't particularly "fast", it's pretty much the standard time a somewhat decently geared raid can achive without any problems. pretty sure bunch of high cs'ed chars can rush through there much quicker. anyway, grats on your succesful weekly raids :)
  • musedean#0532
    musedean#0532 Posts: 1 New User
    > @stew675 said:
    > Third boss stopped us too. The stronger ones survived the big AoE, but the rest did not. Need to be more tanky. Work on Astral system.