Master random challenge instance

so its been a few days since the patch and people has been busy lvling and all that.

has anyone beaten master rci yet?

Comments

• croucrou91
    croucrou91 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Any advice about it, would be really appreciated :D
  • stew675
    stew675 Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2017

so its been a few days since the patch and people has been busy lvling and all that.

has anyone beaten master rci yet?

We ran the Crucible one just before maintenance. Got the final boss down to 55% before getting wiped. Took us about 90 minutes to get to the boss (but we were also exploring and picking up chests about the place along the way). Could probably get to final boss in 30 minutes or so after clearing the 1st boss if group pulling to clear the map.

The first boss is definitely the road blocker, and I think designed to scare you away. If you can't pass the first boss, you have no hope of passing the final bosses. There's 3 more bosses after the first boss (Fire, Earth, Wind), before reaching the final boss. The 3 elemental bosses are not terribly difficult for top-tier players.

The final boss has mechanics that it announces, however, we followed the directions as provided, and whoever had aggro was still getting hit for 550-600K one-shots (even after avoiding the bombs that it places about).

We ran with 2 primary healers (Light Bard + Divine Priest), plus a warden and glacial priest that could step back and rez as required, and 2 other top-tier dps'ers.

We simply could not figure out the final boss 1-shot thing. I can only guess that the announcement is buggy, and when it calls its ability, that the characters need to stack together for that shot, instead of spreading apart (but we even tried that, and got 1 shot as a group), but that may have also been due to lag.

• stew675
    From the patch notes for the 2nd half of Ascension that we got rolled into our Exordium patch, we were meant to have the Astral system there for 6 months, and be levelling it for 6 months, before getting Exordium and the level 105+ instances.

This is what is making all this stuff so difficult for us now. We basically need to be levelling up the Astral System (press h) for some time before the ability to clear the new 105 content becomes more available.

Basically at this stage, we're kinda trying to overcome the lack of 6 months of Astral System development in a single week.
  • majkel33
    majkel33 Posts: 93 Arc User
    Its how it mention to be, we try that too only 45% and gg, when you stay close to boss 600k when run away only 300k with new hero7 pure pve set easy but who gonna wear it im not :disappointed:
    stew675 said:

We simply could not figure out the final boss 1-shot thing. I can only guess that the announcement is buggy, and when it calls its ability, that the characters need to stack together for that shot, instead of spreading apart (but we even tried that, and got 1 shot as a group), but that may have also been due to lag.

• nickvv
    nickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    We cleared master RCI today, it was the bonegnasher one. The 2nd boss is the only issue really, it had 'some' deaths in it.
  • stew675
    edited November 2017
    nickvv said:

We cleared master RCI today, it was the bonegnasher one. The 2nd boss is the only issue really, it had 'some' deaths in it.

yeah, we cleared it too. Things are ridiculously tanky. Like you guys, some deaths on 2nd boss.

2 light bard, Aegis tank, and 3 x HRD50 stomping (read >120 acclaim each) dps'ers, and it took about an hour for just 350 champ rep (+ guild bonus)

For that, at least, I was expecting legendary rep points.

I cannot imagine any of the more regular players getting it done. I also don't even want to think about "carrying" anyone.

It is literally just like normal BGN, but with all adds and bosses with 10x the health, and doing about twice the damage.

Wasn't "fun". Just a slog.

BGN is definitely the "easier" of the two. Well, actually Kagal camp isn't as hard until the final boss.
    Post edited by stew675 on
  • xelloss999
    xelloss999 Posts: 63 Arc User
    The master random challenge gold roll can give an Order gear box, which gives 105 purple gear set items that is similar to 100 champ gear except no gold PvE Intensity, and the set bonus does not have 7% crit chance and instead has +500 attack.
    The lack of the PVE Intensity, and lack of 7% crit chance set bonus is a pretty big drawback though.

Xanthros, Rebel Priest and GL of Starlight, Lionheart Server
  • anyadpicsaja
    anyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    @anole300#5837

Months ago i already warned Domino, that he should take a look at our 90+ difficulty because its getting insane.

Back then after release, Storm server could not complete Dusk Melee for months. And it was kinda impossible to do the "fixed" ToD95 as well, but after a while that one could be completed with an extremely coordinated and well geared people. I was shut down by Domino, that "they are looking into it" (we all know well, what that means) and by other players too from other servers, because "they could do it" (1 or 2 raid group able to do something on a whole server is not fine tho,thats what they refused to accept back then).

Now here we are, even those people who were in those groups, say that the 105+ daily is doable but a pain to do so (dont forget that we are still talking about a single daily instance). Imagine what an average player would feel...95% of every servers population cannot get his DAILY challenge done which is required to gear up. And all this, is because they refuse to balance things around our capabilities.
    CN people can get a character able to do instances like this within a week and without much effort. Its just simply too hard to build a character who can handle 90+ content with the current system for us, simple as that.
    It shows, that when warden patch came, i quit and only recently came back. Guess what, people didnt catch up to me much, and im still in the top20 warrior based on my OLD HR score. And that one my friends, is ridiculous. The current "easy" mode RCI-s should be the "hard" mode, and in raid terms the "Normal mode" should be the "Heroic". There isnt a single Raid or Instance above 90 which dosnt have a boss who can effectively 1-shot people around 100k HP.

For Sickle Island,which was the last daily instance released before the hell break lose, 100k HP was more than enough to even tank all boss in there. Raids, mainly FHoF was the only raid who needed very hard to kill tanks because of Dysil's defense debuff, and a system like that, is optimal.

Put aside all your egos for a moment and accept it finally, that they NEED to reduce the difficulty on everything above 90. A single mob in the Abyss hits harder than some of the raid bosses in FHoF. A simple lvl100 mob have more HP than all of the Forgotten Prison bosses combined and the difference is only 30 level.

Everything is casual friendly before 90, you could improve and gear up just fine as a newbie, then suddenly at 90 you need to break down a 50 meter thick concrete wall with a spoon to progress. A simple daily instance is impossible for a newbie squad. Doable with 1 or 2 maxed people carrying them,but even then the newbies are just dead meat.

People actually holding back on leveling up so they can do their dailys for a little while longer...do you all realize how messed up is that? And we are talking about players who can handle HRD to room40.

I understand, that there needs to be challenging content for the overpowered people as well,but optimizing everything around them is just ridiculous.

PLEASE, reduce the difficulty above 90 and take into account, how much players we have, how our economy is different from CN and where we should be right now in terms of power and where we are.
    giphy.gif
  • senrin
    senrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    As you stated by yourself, the game is made by chinese for their chinese version, which - having totally different Boutique - can develop toons way better than our greedy version. Having also way more population helps filling raids with actually mains damn well geared to achieve the run.

We all know here we have just few whales, some middle geared ppl and then the casual players, that's all: I won't call it an healthy mmorpg...

Oh, yeah, just add the countless alts!

Seeing they can't fix bugs fast enough (ehm ehm xsrv Arena bug?), unless the trend is gonna change, nothing will be done for a looot of time. By that time the hype for the Ranger is gone already and you will run into a deserted place filled by NPCs again.

TIP: put a -1 on Facebook, let's see if the Commercial Manager get fired at least! <3
  • gio#4911
    gio#4911 Posts: 790 Arc User
    Agree with some points to be honest after months of telling whats wrong with this game and salt, i just gave up cause nothing will be done, my own example is i made my warrior with a tank build im not using it at 100% atm playing a semi hybrid with dmg otherwise im a worthless puppet, but yes im struggling to tank to do it effenciently, but also i just wanted to say that raid wise raids are evolving each patch and bosses getting more stage attacks, well i just think they want ppl to feel miserable to keep them to cash to get good, its the only reason i see, dont bother with new raids for now they are out of ppl reach, try in some months, with astral on 30-50 and take Woezi to increase your chances of sucess, thing is he is always dinning.

For new 105 raid i felt like i need 400k hp pool to be able to handle hits and 3 tanks minimun, blood warriors go shine boys, ur moment as come after all years of neglection. Perhaps a blood warrior focused tank build is the must have cool kid in the *block* but who would bother with that rofl, PWE can you realize we dont want to make chinese weird nonsense builds, we want cc/critdmg for the win, cause its cool and oneshots kk bb thx.

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer