test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Khaos Chest

24 hr global cooldown? Seriously?
So far I've found each player can get 4 keys a day, there's not enough chests to support 1 a day. Please reduce the cd.

Comments

• docjohndocjohn Posts: 14 Arc User
    i think the chests are all on a different timer i have opened two yesterday need to note where they all are then do the rounds
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    lol, you can buy keys for 1g a piece to farm chests to your heart's content. this game revolves around cs and cash cows, be glad some quests give players a few to use instead of 0

my marked map so far has 20+ key spots across all 10 realms..plenty of chests just gotta look
    Post edited by amarantos on
  • eberaria1eberaria1 Posts: 34 Arc User
    docjohn said:

i think the chests are all on a different timer i have opened two yesterday need to note where they all are then do the rounds

Thats not what I meant by global, I meant everyone shares the same cd on that chest.
  • jadedragonessjadedragoness Posts: 54 Arc User
    I manage to open all 4 of mine a day.. You just have to find a chest and realm hop on that one through all 10 realms, then if that one doesnt work, do a different one the same way.
    BelwrenLeFey
    Storm Server
    Lemme see if I can put this in perspective.

I count 27 chests per realm, so I'll guess I missed some and say 30. That's ~300 chests total.

Currently I've found 4 quests that give 1 key a day (ignoring the npc that sells them). So at least 4 keys a day per toon.

The quests to that give keys are lv100 or 101+. On Storm, there are at least 500 toons at or above lv100, 342 that are lv101 or above. So at least 342 toons, that get 4 keys a day, that have to share 300 chests with a 1 day cooldown.

Do you see the problem here?
  • darkseeddarkseed Posts: 119 Arc User
    There's 6 dailies (that I've found) which each give a key in Order Highlands = 6 keys/day.
    darkseed said:

There's 6 dailies (that I've found) which each give a key in Order Highlands = 6 keys/day.

Thanks.
  • Cobtent of those chests suck. To getsomething usefull u need tohave a good luck.
  • taboo2013taboo2013 Posts: 5 Arc User
    i know on LH some guilds have monopolized the chests and have them on timers or rather its super convienent to see a toon come running up on it 1min till chest pop then snatch it from me >:( then r hop and find alts from certain guilds farming the same chest like clockwork
  • anyadpicsajaanyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User

Cobtent of those chests suck. To getsomething usefull u need tohave a good luck.

Even if you get only the 6 small pack/ day thats still 60 champion daily for free. Thats not an issue,the issue is that you can buy infinite amount of keys and pen as much chests as you want.

Wanna bet the timer resets after maintenance? All you have to do is stock up on keys for this time every week and open like 30 after maintenance ends, you probably end up in a situation where you open like 30 and knowing the exact respawn time for the next day with a chance to pick them all up again on the next day because the cooldown allows it.
    Lets assume you lose some of those every day because of autoclickers and end up digging up 180 weekly, thats 1800 champion at the very least weekly, not to mention wargod and ode points.

My suggestion is to make the chests disappear upon picking up and have a random respawn time between an hour and 24hour. Fixed
    giphy.gif
  • stew675stew675 Posts: 250 Arc User
    Not sure what the point is of looting with alts. Aren't the contents bound?
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    ok so you say XX many lv100+ chars on your server, how many are 60+ and why arent you complaining about fel ores in crucible? how many are 90+ and why arent you complaining about lost city fogs? oh..guess its not that big a deal to have limited farmable things....

the first day i spend a nice hour or two finding keys and sitting there realm hopping collecting and spam opened 200 of those books. hardly worth my time. the scrolls that spawn the mobs are probably the nicest part, and anyone can go get those when its announced in world chat...if you want some wg/champ that badly, go do some rca runs. its much more efficient
    amarantos said:

ok so you say XX many lv100+ chars on your server, how many are 60+ and why arent you complaining about fel ores in crucible? how many are 90+ and why arent you complaining about lost city fogs? oh..guess its not that big a deal to have limited farmable things....

And the cd on fel ore is what? 1hr.
    Respawn time on fogs are what? 1min.

And don't act like no one hasn't complained about either of those items. You know damn well people have.
  • senrinsenrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    24h cd is a bit rush.

Now after reset only ppl that can play at that time have been able to open all them. Past 24h, just them again...

Not like the chests are that amazing, but still bit unfair. Make them spawn in random places at least...

since you guys located 20/30+ of them share locations here instead of telling "be glad to have it for free or there is 30 chest on 10 different realm.." ?

I was considering sharing the list/map I made here, but I decided to share with guildies only to help give them a leg up. Nothing personal.
  • cheba70cheba70 Posts: 31 Arc User
    They are being camped, all have the same amount time left within 2 minutes on the ones I checked. Not worth it to me, this does need to be changed somehow. Threw away all my keys not going to waste my time with this.
  • plagueis#6755 plagueis Posts: 22 Arc User
    cheba70 said:

They are being camped, all have the same amount time left within 2 minutes on the ones I checked. Not worth it to me, this does need to be changed somehow. Threw away all my keys not going to waste my time with this.

Just pk them =)

cheba70 said:

Just pk them =)
    The curse of pve servers I guess...
    Considering our situation I won't call them smart at all: from Cruci to Lost City, now Khaos Chests, this kind of attitude is worthless on a game with such low population.

We should cooperate, until it (the game) lasts...

Pretty sure they won't understand the issue behind it: the more the ppl think "ok Idgaf anymore about this or that" the more - sooner or later - they will (by reason!) leave. Let's make an empty game even emptier, hooray!

eberaria1 said:

since you guys located 20/30+ of them share locations here instead of telling "be glad to have it for free or there is 30 chest on 10 different realm.." ?

I was considering sharing the list/map I made here, but I decided to share with guildies only to help give them a leg up. Nothing personal.
    Yup dw i totally understand it ty for being kind and saying it clearly. Plus i decided i don't wanna help this community even to guildies, since they won't help or try to use others... Already sick of cruci fel ores being farmed by clickers and PWE didn't care for many years so not gonna bother about this one too.
    To be fair, while I am withholding the locations I found, I am trying to help the community; I did start the thread after all (for all the good it'll do).
    I will say this too, hold on to your keys. Never know when the server could crash and you get the opportunity. I do hope that once people hit the new cap, availability of the chests will increase.
  • starfischle1starfischle1 Posts: 78 Arc User
    I don't even see why there's so much fuss about this. Opened a couple of them, got some of those exp scroll thingies that didn't even make my exp bar move in the slightest. Not even worth the time imho. Unless there's a chance of somethign really cool, idk.

Well i stopped caring. Not getting boxes. Doing daily quests and leaving area. I think most of others stopped caring aswell. So..

Indeed. Then we wonder why the game is so empty...

Hype is going already, few nerds left alone in the darkness as usual...
  • Anybody mind sharing which NPC you can buy the keys from for 1g?
  • anyadpicsajaanyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    one of the npc-s have them on baptism square,i think its in his/her last tab
    giphy.gif
    Considering 24h cd, they give us too many keys compared to the boxes.

1 key per day per account, seems bit better, imo.