test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

get rid of bot

poswalahposwalah Posts: 58 Arc User
I say to heck with botting. Play the game the way its meant. Theres toons that just sit on world bosses or anywhere that has a slight chance of dropping anything worth while. Why? so they can flip it in AH to make gold instead of letting others try those areas of the game and actually win something for their efforts. Why even have toons on this game if your not going to play and just bot away to provide for your main.

If not going to get rid of bot then just make every dang this in this game bound.

and yea go ahead and flame on. that way you can call your selves out that do it and say to heck to others that actually want to play the game and work on their toon. Sure we can build ourselves up and pull aggro. this I know but we all know the certain toons that do this and have high resist/def and can hold thier own so why even bother. Its ppl like that that ruin games.

and yea i ranted. so what. just real sick of what this game turning into. use to never be this way.
Lv110 Prec MM - W]Lionheart

Comments

• drnasedrnase Posts: 193 Arc User
    just disable bot in instance and all is fine :)
    Dont worry, be happy
  • mavip4nmavip4n Posts: 151 Arc User
    1-You're wrong. Bot has nothing to do what you saying. Tell me would you manual all those DO's/PO's for hours?? NO.
    Rage to PWE for taking out gold boxes from lowbie bosses like Naga Lord and putting almost all bosses in cruci which has only one realm. New bosses in Abyss are pain so no one bother with them either. SO no balance. And who's fault is that ONLY PWE.

2-Players will throw money ig to get better and use their power in whatever they want. Did you ask them (whoever botting) that you wanna try it out?? In LH there's some ppl who do cruci bosses daily that they'd let you try/share stuff if you'd ever ask kindly.

3-Back then you needed a whole raid to kill noob Medusa boss, this game has changed, about power it has changed better way, players are more strong now so accept it and try to get better instead of asking for something as important as bot to be deleted... And come with better ideas like more bosses / getting them taken out from cruci / more cruci realms... etc.

Ik how you feel but no point on raging to wrong thing and asking for something impossible/unneccesary. GL!
    Tiny wind bard of Ascension and an innocent glacial priest of Starlight in Lionheart.
    Has stopped playing as of summer 2019. Since there are not many good people left (only douchy groups mostly, no offence!) and game is itself grindy more than ever. There is nothing left for a soloer. Good luck to the rest of survivors!
  • jinxx#9845 jinxx Posts: 7 Arc User
    Yeah ain't nobody doing DO/PO manually, ty. Might as well remove orders with bot. And ppl who have healer alts to help them should just trash them I suppose? My priest is useless to me if it can't heal my dd. Just because bot is abused in some areas doesn't make it a useless feature to be removed. I see your point with the bot at boss areas but those bosses are not the whole game. And other than that losing bot hurts more than helps IMO. Disable bot in Crucible maybe? Or like suggested above move bosses/add more? But really I'd rather not get some colossal bug never to be fixed if they poke at bot so just leave it be.
  • poswalahposwalah Posts: 58 Arc User
    first i dont bother with w/ DO/EO no more. I dont need dedi nor sp anymore. I dont go out botting. Plus I can tank few wb's in abyss fine dont need group like they do. And acutally in past when crucci bosses came about i asked if i can join to see how they are and they said sure but drops goes to guildies. why would i even bother? not gonna waste my gear fighting something for nothing. so rage all u want to protect them. I can hop rlms n see ppl just camping bosses. why camp them 24/7 and not play the game? what r they getting out of it? if nothing then why camp? yea no1 does the lower boses since they dont drop anything worth while unless your going for boss achievement which i have done looong ago.

then if not take away bot. then put in auto dc due to inactivity then. other games have that. thats why ppl sit n drink/eat cause tech they doing something. but we asked fot sit cmd long ago n never got that.
    edited August 2017
    poswalah said:

first i dont bother with w/ DO/EO no more. I dont need dedi nor sp anymore. I dont go out botting. Plus I can tank few wb's in abyss fine dont need group like they do. And acutally in past when crucci bosses came about i asked if i can join to see how they are and they said sure but drops goes to guildies. why would i even bother? not gonna waste my gear fighting something for nothing. so rage all u want to protect them. I can hop rlms n see ppl just camping bosses. why camp them 24/7 and not play the game? what r they getting out of it? if nothing then why camp? yea no1 does the lower boses since they dont drop anything worth while unless your going for boss achievement which i have done looong ago.

then if not take away bot. then put in auto dc due to inactivity then. other games have that. thats why ppl sit n drink/eat cause tech they doing something. but we asked fot sit cmd long ago n never got that.

See you do care only yourself too :) like those botters do. You might not need but most of servers does bot DO's/PO's + bot for star crystals / runes / soul coins / scavenge gears and more... Tell me how to do long instances without botting. Even some arc runs takes long and no matter how strong or good you are you will bot in there... So we need bot ig.

As @jinxx#9845 pointed out disabling bot in cruci might help but i don't think those OPs will stop farming those bosses even if they take bot out...

PWE never listen players they don't even fix simple stuff come on... You need fluxes/FC/SD (whatever they gives) from bosses? You will need to get them from something else but bosses or ask and group with those botters to share items. There is no any other way to change this atm / sooner or later tho.

And no i won't protect people i hate... Most of those in cruci people i argued or ones i don't like. I'm being realistic and thats all.
    Tiny wind bard of Ascension and an innocent glacial priest of Starlight in Lionheart.
    Has stopped playing as of summer 2019. Since there are not many good people left (only douchy groups mostly, no offence!) and game is itself grindy more than ever. There is nothing left for a soloer. Good luck to the rest of survivors!
    I do understand those that still need to farm DO/EO for runes/sp n such. Im not against them. Its just the few bad apples ruining the game. Its bad enough as it is on my end working nites and playing game in mornin when theres nothing open to run. Most things in here i dont bother w/ since i have no need for arc for wg/champ pts, star crystals n such. Botting is almost pointless at this point since the merge to NF cause they nerfed the drop rate horribly on things. Anyone can aggree on that. use to even get blue gear out botting to scav. now u bot all day n never see 1 piece. Im lucky 2 see 1 rune in my bag from botting for few hrs. Better chance sending pet on tugging of fate for chest to get runes. With the more valuable items only being from wb's or if u one of the few that can make it far in HRd for knum rewards for FC/DS. the rest of use can just sit back n wait till they get all they need and move on so those waiting can rush in n do the same thing they were doing. So now becomes an endless cycle.
    I know all of those you saying i do HRD until floor 21 and i bot all floors cuz it's 71 floor total HR/HRD i wouldn't even bother if there'd be no bot...

I bot with 2-3 toons when i sleep or busy and i get mostly 10+ green/blue gears to scavenge i get some little runes and some star crystals if im lucky and a little soul coins. Better than nothing tho.

There is a lot different way to get SD/FC/Fluxes etc but if you don't have time/group/luck then all you need is popping ton of orbs. That's what PWE wants you to do, pop orbs get your stuff done faster. Aslong as those orbs stand there and whales pop them like there is no tomorrow, forget about having anything to be fixed or changed.

Let me say it as last thing, PWE wants your money and who to blame is their greed. They put almost everything you need for end game into orbs. And ironically who pop ton of orbs having best farm stuff ig aswell. Better look up for something else to get your stuff done since PWE and community will never ever change.
    Well I do orders weekly on 2 chars as do a lot of ppl, not to mention the newly created chars really need orders. No bot means those newbies gonna be stuck on sp basically forever and even if they ask guildies for help those guildies usually bot.

And as pointed out removing bot doesn't guarantee that you will get those boss rewards you want, there will always be some OP online to take it on. So removing bot on the basis that weaker chars MIGHT get a slightly better chance at a few boss rewards does not compensate the loss of usefulness that bot provides in all other aspects of the game.

You telling me you've never ever been in a party and not able to find a 6th person and so somebody logs an alt to help out? Damn lucky I guess. And don't throw "manual" at me cuz most prefer to get chest rolls as well. And some parties need all 6 chars to be active in combat, we cant all be OP. And what about Fissure? Fort Khoaway? Come on most of us even bot HR to a point.

Just to point out I am not among the boss campers, neither am I anything close to OP and I don't "rage all u want to protect them" like you said. I do however use bot on enough occasions to find it rather useful.
    I dont bother running arc/fh n such. i get nothing from that. Im strong enough to take arc on alone which i do anyways when bored. leaving alt at entrance n runnin whole dang thing by self. sure i can farm fgem mats n sell but prices go down as quantity in AH goes up. i dont bot HR either since rose queen max n she tanks pretty much whole dang thing by self ;) making me feel useless for most part lol. I dont run things like fiss/fate since they open when im sleepin or gone to work. I mentioned that in diff thread bout instances open times being adjusted so not gonna get into that. I can care less bout the chests at end since i never get anything worth while from them. I cant even get the free ones at night since im not home and im not gonna let out one tear either. Im not op myself (but i can carry my own). i dont pvp and nor have pvp rings/necks or yellow gear. Im in full rank5 reforged to almost max. cant even get into RDA pty since most run at night when im not home just like elemental which the old way to getting gear was easier instead of running for wks and hope u can move up the list to get 1 piece of gear lol. which i have 4 pieces of from the old days. Most games dont have bot and they work out just fine. no auto route n such. makes u read all the lil things ppl take time to type up and give the game some story and figuring out. here u just sit back n let the game run it self. they make it any easier then it wouldn't be of use to play w/o any challenge cause only being a morning time player and nothing open to run and all i got to do is boring ol dailies running around for a few sd's is rather pointless since i dont burn gear from bottin, have skills that regen so dont spend on pots. But would be nice to do other things if they were available. Most time i help guildies n no i dont bot. i run around gettin as many mobs in front of me n fire off an aoe killing them. sometimes 1-2 have very lil hp left which my pet takes care while im atking others. my way is faster then bot.

Most ppl on the server know of me but not what im capable or since i dont run things w/ anyone. If funny watching lil ol me pull agro from those that consider themselves op or see them die n im last one standing n they they more beefed then me all around. And no im not making my head swell. just stating op is just a term thats thrown around litely.

like i mentioned before if not take bot out then put in some sort of auto dc from inactivity or something. abyss bosses only twice a day and u can hop rlms n see ppl sitting there for days. why have an acct on here taking up bandwidth (w/ all the lag we get already (tks PWE)) if there not gonna play the game but sit on bot farmin 1 thing for days/wks

and if u made it till the end after all that *claps
    edited August 2017
    Saw a lot "I don't bother", "I can", "I do" etc etc; for all your blame on OPs selfishly botting bosses you used "I" way too much in that last comment which makes you no different than them. Just because YOU can do all those things manually or have the time to do them, doesn't mean everyone else can. Not everybody has the time, why deny them bot? You are complaining about OPs botting bosses but those ppl need bot the least cuz they can buy their stuff, its the rest of us that benefit from botting. And Im sorry you cant get boss rewards, neither can I but whatever the case is there will always be somebody not happy, its what happens in a community - different opinions, different likes/dislikes, different needs. You say to hell with bot, I say hell no.

• amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    this must be a pve server where you cant just pk someone sitting on wb spawn. play carebear server, qq about carebear life. game would be dead without bot.
  • senrinsenrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    I remember doing DOs in party with no bot.

Same goes for HR or anything else.

Bot just adds laziness and alt armies, but it seems the way it's now so...
  • kumikumi Posts: 114 Arc User
    amarantos said:

this must be a pve server where you cant just pk someone sitting on wb spawn. play carebear server, qq about carebear life. game would be dead without bot.

Most of us "care bears" enjoy being left to our own devices w/o some random casher doosh coming along and rustling our jimmies for teh lulz, then getting made fun of if asking them to stop/asking others to help make them stop. Being left alone when you're minding your own business is, dare I say it, fun.
    Houseplant of Lionheart server
  • blesswaveblesswave Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    BOT issue?Boss Hog??> over BOT them.

It's open world boss...In PVE server who's team do more DPS win. Its been years like that.
    Why whining now.
  • unusualsuspect1unusualsuspect1 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I'm going to guess that you are PussInBoots

Well, I'll offer my explanation as to what happens at my side, as one of the referenced botters in Dark Abyss

- All Soul Crystals go to my partner, who uses them to fashion off-hands guild players (she farms the other mats for blue OHs free of charge to guild mates), and also free for most of the server as well, including purple OHs. All someone has to do is provide the materials and ask politely, otherwise she'll charge market rates for the materials.
    - All gear that drops (mostly Blue 95's) just gets fed to Animas, since it's now way better to use Blue 100 gear if you're going to try for an xmute
    - No boss chests (soul gold or unbound gold) drops of any kind from the DA bosses
    - All purple gear (95) gets broken down (Scavenger) and the items are fed to guild armor/weapon smiths, that craft gear Hero 4/5 for up and coming players, free of charge. The dropped gear is ID'd first though, and given to guild mates if a good ID is gotten on the first try
    - Flame Crystals are fed to the "power" toons for gold jewelry, which contributes towards said toons being able to carry lesser geared and newer guild characters through what is increasingly more difficult end-game content that with each patch seems to be further and further out of the reach of the casual players otherwise. Right now, that is RDA NM/HM, + ToD2/DM
    - Elemental Star Essences just get sold off to cover basic costs of improvement for around 10g each

In this way, the resources are being used quite freely to provide for the benefits of those in the guild(s). If it wasn't us farming it, it'd be others, and everyone in our guild(s) would progress a lot more slowly.

If you want a part of that and are as capable as you say you are, then join one of our guilds and don't be rude to, or harass fellow guild mates, either openly or in private messages.
  • chiffoncakechiffoncake Posts: 359 Arc User
    We continue play this game for one reason -> BOT, bot with alts could easy to get a lot of stuff. If we don't like bot, we would have quit long time ago LoL.
  • deathgod123456deathgod123456 Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    bot also makes soul power easier to build and leveling faster
    Post edited by deathgod123456 on
  • thafujithafuji Posts: 300 Arc User
    Are you serious? Crying to remove the bot, because you can't handle the stronger players at bosses?!
    Bot won't let you play the game, btw.

All you do is set a routine program and cash for some Lotto.

Seems like pressing buttons is too hard nowadays...
    edited August 2017
    Nobody forces you to bot, you can do it manually if you like it better.

Well ok, the low mobs drops kinda do lol Manual would take forever...
    edited August 2017
    I just realized he is Romper from LH. @unusualsuspect1
    (P.S. Since this person isn't Puss i had to say who i think it is, even i don't like Puss but he isn't involved with this.)

So Romper @poswalah your guild is kinda dead okay you can't get new stuff all alone. So find better guild and get help so get better before whining like this... Since you don't seem to care anyone else but yourself, then we don't care what you need or don't need aswell. Yet i still give you advice nicely...

Asking bot get deleted from game, because can't over dps someone and can't get those bosses from them is RIDICILOUS.
    I've already answered many times and still stubborn about it... Get it already this game isn't like back then. Keep saying i don't need, i don't care, i don't bother proves that you're all wrong, raged and selfish... If majority needs it, it will be in game.

Tell me why you playing the game if you don't care, don't need or don't bother anything???

Bot makes everything faster/easier. We lack people, we get alts in raids/instances and we bot... It will always be this way, simple enough. And since we have real life too... Bot is probably never gonna get deleted for a reason like this. If you want boss drops you need to get better and STEAL aggro overdps and get items...

If anyone ever wanna play the game old way... feel free to play without bot no one stopping you. :smiley:

Hope this treat get closed soon cuz it has ZERO good points and it's nothing more than a spam/rage post. My very last words here..
    You all have a nice day.
    Post edited by mavip4n on
  • lolnotyfglolnotyfg Posts: 296 Arc User
    amarantos said:

One doesn't make a game better by taking content out ie Freedom Harbor. This game was meant to be a PVP game. If you're playing on a PVE server, you are playing neutered Forsaken World and not getting the full experience. This was a choice.
    lolnotyfg said:

One doesn't make a game better by taking content out ie Freedom Harbor. This game was meant to be a PVP game. If you're playing on a PVE server, you are playing neutered Forsaken World and not getting the full experience. This was a choice.

...and yet in the USA at least, the only servers with any notably stable long-term populations are all the PvE ones. The single PvP Server in the USA is basically a ghost town.
  • lolnotyfglolnotyfg Posts: 296 Arc User

...and yet in the USA at least, the only servers with any notably stable long-term populations are all the PvE ones. The single PvP Server in the USA is basically a ghost town.

So basically you can't refute any of my points? You do you if you can't PVP.
    edited August 2017
    lolnotyfg said:

So basically you can't refute any of my points? You do you if you can't PVP.
    Your point was that the game is not better with PvP content removed, and yet in the USA at least, and taking that continued game population is a good indication of game popularity, or that being what the majority want, then it would appear that for the majority that FW is a better game without open-world PvP, otherwise they'd all be on the open-world PvP servers instead.

PvE servers can still PvP on Xserver, and plenty do, it's just that they only do it when they want/choose to.

So in removing open world PvP, and replacing it with a choice of when to PvP, then really that which has been removed (no choice on when to PvP) has been replaced (with a choice).

If that explanation of what I thought was fairly obvious isn't refuting your point, then the issue is one of not considering the other point of view here.
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    pvp servers would flourish if pwe wasnt the company running fw ;)
    At this point just add an AI's playerbase...