test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FW Starving for Trade Gold

I had made a long post explaining it, but it seems it got removed by the admins. I'll keep this short and sweet, to see if it lives any longer.

FW is sorely in need of some trade gold injection. Casher's cannot get gold through any means other than the mega expensive 20 leaves for a single merc statue, which puts the leaf for gold exchange rate at a low point that I've not seen in my 5 years in the game.

Casher's can't get gold, farmers can't get gold (because the cashers don't have gold to spend to buy their stuff). Just 4D will see someone make the top 500 wealth list on Lionheart, and half of those characters on that list don't even play any more. There's a handful of characters with a significant amount of gold, but for the rest, they're only managing or short.

We need a merc pack sale, or orbs with gold in them, or something. Advancing characters costs gold, and the end game instances all demand for fairly mature well specced characters. If the majority can't get gold, then the game will die.

Prices of goods are in near total free-fall on Lionheart server, but the costs required to advance a character hasn't changed. Re-IDs, Fusion Agents, mastery/resists, rune making, relic spirit making, anima training (beyond a certain point) all cost gold, gold that is increasingly hard to come by.

This is frustrating those players who wish to participate in end-game instances, but cannot, due to lack of ways to obtain gold.

Comments

• utahaltutahalt Posts: 404 Arc User
    +1
    But if it's only Lionheart, you can transfer to Storm, Leaves bid and sell 1g all the time, cashers and farmers are fine here ;D
  • unusualsuspect1unusualsuspect1 Posts: 694 Arc User
    utahalt said:

+1
    But if it's only Lionheart, you can transfer to Storm, Leaves bid and sell 1g all the time, cashers and farmers are fine here ;D

They used to be 1g each on Lionheart until about 4-5 weeks ago, and even then I thought they were hovering up pretty high based upon the orbs on offer. The current run of crappy orbs has put a dent in leaf prices. Typically between 60-70s each, and only sparing amounts. I'm pretty sure there's only two serious leaf buyers left.

Maybe at Storm the leaf buyers haven't yet lost faith that there'll be good orbs again soon, or maybe there's still a lot of gold swimming about. On Lionheart, it's clearly starting to dry up as evidenced in the wealth list (except for a handful of stupendously wealthy individuals, half of which don't even play any more).

Even a decent sale of Merc Packs for 20 leaves each (15 leaves would be truly nice) would stabilise the economy again for a while.

Seeing FCs sell for under 60g now, Ragefire 1's for under 1g, Devirocks for as low as 3D. The only gems that have sustained any form of value are the Crystallines, which IMO are still overpriced, but also linked to those being the only really effective gems to level Divine Wing Charge yet. I am not confident that anyone is actually buying those either. People simply aren't buying gems because they can't afford to combine them.
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,063 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    gold is dried up on eyrda as well, very few csers left and stuff sits in auction for months because no one can afford standard prices anymore. Reid scrolls have surprisingly dropped to cheap prices but everything else just sucks.

our rune market is completely dead, you cannot get runes from botting any more only ghostfang on Wednesday or using ode pts, its nearly impossible to get some mediocre runes for all the inheritorss because there is no supply besides crappy orbs.

anole doesn't care because he "tried to give fw players a nice gold login event (merc packs during anniversary) but players just exploited it" so he could care less about that front. nevermind the fact that people are so desperate for gold they have to abuse free gifts just to get a decent amount should speak loud enough but pwe doesn't have common sense.
    edited August 2017
    For veteran (or end game rich one), they only left wing charge to do, but considering FW injected some gems (from orbs and codes) lately, still not attractive enough to get them boost it. Despite the sucess rate at Tier 3 and 4 so low and huge amount of gold (more than 8K Diamonds needed) spend...yah less interested spending time ingame anymore if I can't get all done in 3-6 months.
  • gio#4911 gio Posts: 790 Arc User
    finally someone realized what i toldfor months. stagnate economy, i stopped farming myself not worth the time you put into it, playing other games less stressfull and being the haunted ghost that comes to haunt PWE everytime they mess up.

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

amarantos said:

anole doesn't care because he "tried to give fw players a nice gold login event (merc packs during anniversary) but players just exploited it" so he could care less about that front. nevermind the fact that people are so desperate for gold they have to abuse free gifts just to get a decent amount should speak loud enough but pwe doesn't have common sense.

Is that the one that "reached its cap" within 20 hours, leaving pretty much every average player high and dry?
    utahalt said:

For veteran (or end game rich one), they only left wing charge to do, but considering FW injected some gems (from orbs and codes) lately, still not attractive enough to get them boost it. Despite the sucess rate at Tier 3 and 4 so low and huge amount of gold (more than 8K Diamonds needed) spend...yah less interested spending time ingame anymore if I can't get all done in 3-6 months.

End-game players are leaving on Lionheart out of frustration. That leaves all the up and comers with nothing to do, except spam ARC over and over, and struggle through ERC. They can all largely forget getting RDA done for the current end-game gear, unless the few remaining end-gamers straight up carry them through (as is presently being done). RDA is sufficiently difficult though that that only a few carries (6 or so) at a time is possible, given a general raid mix of 4 strong end-gamers, and 8 moderate alts of end-gamers to carry the other 6 through. Even after the lower ones get carried through, they're still not that strong after they get geared up, because of the aforementioned gems, id's, and so on.

In short, it's becoming a struggle, and it shouldn't have to be that way.

finally someone realized what i toldfor months. stagnate economy, i stopped farming myself not worth the time you put into it, playing other games less stressfull and being the haunted ghost that comes to haunt PWE everytime they mess up.

The economy WAS stagnating for the last 4 months but at least it was somewhat bearable with hope for something to happen to recover. Now it's in full-blown shrinkage, hence my post. :(
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,063 Arc User
    I've heard whispers that anole has given out his email address to seemingly random players asking for suggestions for new events people would like to see. I'm not really sure why he feels he has to do that when the forums are rife with begging and pleading for pwe to do something enjoyable and beneficial for everyone to trying and save this dying game, or at least prolong it some more.
  • anole300#5837 anole300 Posts: 851 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2017
    amarantos said:

I've heard whispers that anole has given out his email address to seemingly random players asking for suggestions for new events people would like to see. I'm not really sure why he feels he has to do that when the forums are rife with begging and pleading for pwe to do something enjoyable and beneficial for everyone to trying and save this dying game, or at least prolong it some more.

During the Summer Games Fast Food event, a player pm'd me and since I was focused on running the event - I directed them to an FW email address which we have used for multiple things in the past.
  • armenthys#4925 armenthys Posts: 321 Arc User
    Funny enough anole only cares to clear its name rather than answering what is on topic. That says it all so you might as well consider (what was obvious from the begin) that player concerns and economy stability is not something he/she cares about; it's all about milking the cow.
    edited August 2017
    alwanr said:

Funny enough anole only cares to clear its name rather than answering what is on topic. That says it all so you might as well consider (what was obvious from the begin) that player concerns and economy stability is not something he/she cares about; it's all about milking the cow.

I thought exactly the same thing when I read that response above by anole.

Problem is that there won't be a cow left to milk if it starves for what it needs to stay alive.

There's only about 2-3 truly die-hard whale CSers left on Lionheart that can be seen popping orbs fairly frequently across their alt toons. There's about 5 or so moderate CSers, and about 20 other low-end CSers. The whales are still progressing because they have enough money to throw at exorbitantly priced orbs that give quite little in reality, but they obtain so much that they still get enough of what little gold there is left by selling to the few that are still buying on dwindling reserves.

I know of many players (a few of them are truly big spenders at that) who would like to spend some/more money to advance their characters, but since there's simply nothing of good value in the boutique, and simply no gold to work with, so they've stopped spending almost entirely while waiting for PWE management to wake up and realise that the economy is in trouble.

Those players are getting bored waiting, and are already starting to look elsewhere at other non-PWE titles. These are guys who have been around forever that I thought would never look elsewhere, but they are now.

If something isn't done soon, that cow won't have any milk left to give, or its milk output is going to be severely reduced through sheer neglect.
  • kumikumi Posts: 114 Arc User

There's only about 2-3 truly die-hard whale CSers left on Lionheart that can be seen popping orbs fairly frequently across their alt toons. There's about 5 or so moderate CSers, and about 20 other low-end CSers. The whales are still progressing because they have enough money to throw at exorbitantly priced orbs that give quite little in reality, but they obtain so much that they still get enough of what little gold there is left by selling to the few that are still buying on dwindling reserves.

I know of many players (a few of them are truly big spenders at that) who would like to spend some/more money to advance their characters, but since there's simply nothing of good value in the boutique, and simply no gold to work with, so they've stopped spending almost entirely while waiting for PWE management to wake up and realise that the economy is in trouble.

Those players are getting bored waiting, and are already starting to look elsewhere at other non-PWE titles. These are guys who have been around forever that I thought would never look elsewhere, but they are now.

If something isn't done soon, that cow won't have any milk left to give, or its milk output is going to be severely reduced through sheer neglect.

There are also would-be whales, moderate, and low-end CSers who realize the futility and ripoff of the orb prices who simply stopped CSing because they're not dumb enough to waste money on unfair deals. FWs orb compilations as of late, compared with lack of fizzucks given about other things that don't involve fattening PWE's wallet, sends a pretty clear message to most players...so they go elsewhere. I've moved on, myself, but having been with FW since its closed beta years, I still pop in from time to time in hopes that a miraculous turnaround that benefits the players is in the works. So far, no dice. Priority hasn't changed, so neither will the result.
    Houseplant of Lionheart server
  • miciocicciomiciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    How peculiar, another "i am not csing anymore, i am not playing anymore" thread, funny how you see the "i refuse to play" get the 220 dedi sl and the insane orbs spam when a barely decent promo/charge reward is on.

And actually there's godzillions d's in game, but sadly are all in the hand od few whales and haxxor/exploiters (can remind you the one we got in illy that made like 300 d's A DAY for months? dunno if he's still there since i dont play much anymore but prolly seen now flames was at 30G haha), wealth rank mean a whole fking ZERO seen the tons of D's ppls hide on exchange lol.

Not sure what's gonna help a mercury pack in CS other than giving more golds to already endgame whales that dont need anything but uber stuff (like immo runes and so) and isnt gonna "help the economy" at all lmao, maybe you meant a login event with ms's.

Scorpioluca
  • anole300#5837 anole300 Posts: 851 Perfect World Employee
    alwanr said:

We do care, we've tried to give away gold previously... obviously with less than ideal results. Since then we've been considering some other ideas and what we might do in the future.

Just look here and count how many there are tweets for FW :Dhttps://twitter.com/AroundTheArcPWE

then compare it with other games and see how they care on promoting

The Twitter account is pretty new, but we will be using it. We have been promoting the game on Facebook, more than some of our other games even.
    edited August 2017

How peculiar, another "i am not csing anymore, i am not playing anymore" thread, funny how you see the "i refuse to play" get the 220 dedi sl and the insane orbs spam when a barely decent promo/charge reward is on.

Actually the thread really isn't about that at all. Whales will always be whales and throw money at anything, decent or not. Such are also not the point of this thread.

...and yes, a decently priced (read NOT 30 leaves, but 15, 18, or 20 leaves) Merc Pack sale would help all those low/moderate CSers who are starved for cash that is preventing their advancing. Failing that, Polystone Orbs, or something similar.

All the gold tied up in on whale cs/exploit accounts in the exchange doesn't mean a thing, and doesn't help anyone, if it isn't flowing to those that need the gold.

• senrinsenrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    When all rotates around cash shop items - even rants/suggestions/qqs/callitasyouwish - you know that's what left here, sadly.

Seriously, if you think the main issue is just the lack of gold income...

Let the banhammer come to exploiters, brings us tons of ingame events with active GMs playing those with us, reward our loyalty with something more than just NOTHING, fix bugs and OVERALL TAKE CARE OF YOUR DAMN GAME!

A whale would cash regardless: if (s)he doesn't play anymore it's either found another game or bored of lack of any interesting event (like Arena with some competition, for example).
    senrin said:

Seriously, if you think the main issue is just the lack of gold income...

Let the banhammer come to exploiters, brings us tons of ingame events with active GMs playing those with us, reward our loyalty with something more than just NOTHING, fix bugs and OVERALL TAKE CARE OF YOUR DAMN GAME!

That WOULD be ideal, but given that hasn't happened in almost forever, I guess I'm just taking a more realistic approach to what's being requested. We've tried pointing out what's broken and what needs fixing for literally 6 years, and barely 5% of it gets addressed, ever, and pretty much 1% of it at any point in time in the last 2 years.

All that's being asked here is to give PWE ideas on what would actually make both the player base slightly happier, while earning PWE some more money as well. If they can't even be bothered to do that, then what's the point of them even continuing this charade?

I'd love to aim for the stars here, but we all know that's never going to happen...
  • gio#4911 gio Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Arent we always the same group making the same complain requests everysingle time? other players left seem happy the way it is so they dont bother with forums, or wait maybe they just gave up on this oldjunk graveyard Full of Bugs and with nice fashionorbsets.

i csed lots i dont regret it, i had fun, but now? i understand its how game lives blabla, but this is ridiculous for the lack of quality of product, its like going into supermarket and buying an already expired yoghurt and eat it,you wasted your money and got sick from it, fw makes me sick everytime i log so its an expired yoghurt, no offense ofc.

For the ppl asking for arena to be fixed like myself, most of you will be dodged by the ones that want gear, or you will end up feeding your friends or getting feed each other score to help, cause lets face it there is not enough ppl for real queues, or they are dodging you, and some are willing to wait for 4 am to do it how big the despair is, you cant have real pvp in this p2w game.

This is the true, keep hiding it with those amazing events to create activity if you want, from me you will get nothing. I log for my guild and raid, thats all, dont need supersayian powers for showing off im the badass kido in the npctown or smtg, i need FUN, and that starts with even the coin chances.

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• d4bigm4nd4bigm4n Posts: 75 Arc User
    I'd complain less if things were fixed and you know our voice was heard or rather it is heard, just pwe likes to go the opposite direction of our attempts to cry and plead with them. How about we get our anni fash, proper orbs, proper login events (hell who cares if people exploit it with multiple account), divine tokes at a damned npc and maybe drastically change the prices of stuff in the boutique, maybe merc stats for 1 leaf and orbs for 1 or 5. Makes it more appealing to an old game.

"BookerDewit: Blood Warrior"

• lolnotyfglolnotyfg Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    What is to lose by giving us enticing sales in the boutique and events where we can profit? As others have said, the game is starved for gold. We're dying.

I think part of the problem is that the boutique is so out of whack with leaf costs. Many items are priced 500% to 2000% higher than their in-game value. Management, not being players themselves looks at that 50 leaf item....hmmm 30 leaf this week they'll love that. Except in game its of much lower value like 5 gold (for 30g worth of leaf). The boutique prices need reevaluation.

If you ask me. Merc packs should permanently be priced at 15 gold per pack with periodic sales (every 3 to 6 months) with them priced down to 10-12 leaf per pack.

Is there really no way for management team to see the Boutique sales data for the week? If your sale sold 0 items than its obviously either not a desired item or grossly overpriced. If an item sells 500,000 units its probably too cheap. Find a balance maybe?

The population is declining because... 1.) Things aren't getting fixed, 2.) The economy is starved for gold and so people can't advance their characters, 3.) There is no advertising for this game. Some people will quit for reasons. If there isn't new blood the population goes poof.

Banner ads are cheap. Something like 50 cents per 1000 clicks I think. If we could get one on a Gaming site that'd be easily paid back in new CSers.

Get someone with many followers on Twitch.tv to stream playing a decently geared character. People get excited and will try FW.

Why aren't there any promotional videos for FW to share on social media? I think it's too big of an endeavor to task people for some contest, but if we could create a 60-90sec trailer to showcase things like Arena, Raids, Fashion, and Wings. I think if well edited it could pull in many people. Personally with the current state of the game, I feel too guilty to ask friends to join me. WoW is still the most popular MMO last I checked. At its best I like Forsaken World more than WoW and many of their players are looking for alternatives. Unfortunately at its worst its an abyss of despair and neglect for months. I've said before that this game could be amazing under management of a better company. It's not too late to turn it around.

Cliffs:
    Boutique prices are overpriced
    People need gold
    Fix glitches
    Get new players to try Forsaken World

edited August 2017
    lolnotyfg said:

elided for brevity

These are all great suggestions, which is exactly why they will never be listened to, or actioned upon, if history teaches us anything.

Yes, the boutique prices need to be looked at too, but that's been said for 5+ years now, with no changes to date.

IMO, a fair leaf exchange rate give the sorts of orbs we've had in the last 2+ years, would be 1 leaf for 75s. Based upon that:

1 Merc Statue for 7 leaves
    10 x Merc State Pack for 60 leaves
    Fusion Agent 1 for 7 leaves, FA2 for 14 leaves, FA3 for 21 leaves
    Paragon Pack for 2 leaves
    Paragon Pack x 10 for 18 leaves

Everything else in Boutique price adjusted to reflect the in-game prices at a exchange rate of 1 leaf for 75s

These are all reasonable suggestions that would go a long way to saving the current state of the economy, plus reviving the game when bringing in lolnotyfg's suggestions.

Sadly, I am not optimistic that any of it will happen. It really feels like upper PWE management are utterly blind to doing anything reasonable for both this game, and themselves to profit from it as a result.

Post edited by unusualsuspect1 on
    If FW runs database to check which items are hot sales and which items are not, they would know that should adjust the value and get more ppl to buy, I would spend on Merc Statue w/e I need if the right price, FW makes profit, so am I too ;D
    If today spend promo gives us a merc pack per 10 leaves spending that would be great! xD Gold problem will be solved!!!
    utahalt said:

If today spend promo gives us a merc pack per 10 leaves spending that would be great! xD Gold problem will be solved!!!

Spend promo is now up. No such luck
  • avihsnisavihsnis Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2017

lolnotyfg said:

elided for brevity

These are all great suggestions, which is exactly why they will never be listened to, or actioned upon, if history teaches us anything.

Yes, the boutique prices need to be looked at too, but that's been said for 5+ years now, with no changes to date.

IMO, a fair leaf exchange rate give the sorts of orbs we've had in the last 2+ years, would be 1 leaf for 75s. Based upon that:

1 Merc Statue for 7 leaves
    10 x Merc State Pack for 60 leaves
    Fusion Agent 1 for 7 leaves, FA2 for 14 leaves, FA3 for 21 leaves
    Paragon Pack for 2 leaves
    Paragon Pack x 10 for 18 leaves

Everything else in Boutique price adjusted to reflect the in-game prices at a exchange rate of 1 leaf for 75s

These are all reasonable suggestions that would go a long way to saving the current state of the economy, plus reviving the game when bringing in lolnotyfg's suggestions.

Sadly, I am not optimistic that any of it will happen. It really feels like upper PWE management are utterly blind to doing anything reasonable for both this game, and themselves to profit from it as a result.

Anything would be better than they are currently, In addition to the above;

ALL OLD ORBS (ie. Pandora) - 10L
    1day warlord / battlefield cards - 20L
    7day warlord / battlefield / VIP cards - 100L
    Life/Mana Serums - 25L
    Seraphic Weapon - 40L
    Action scrolls - 10L
    Perfect Spacetime Sphere - 100L
    Talent Compass - 40L
    Wisdom Fruit - 20L
    Anima x1 - 4L
    Anima x100 - 300L
    Anima Shard - 2L

Dropping to these prices merely brings sensibility to the CS. Prices are still often cheaper in the Auction House, but at least this makes the boutique an option if the AH were to be cleaned out. And should there be a SALE from this price point, there would even be INCENTIVE to bring new money to the game.
    Imperium
    [East] Storm Astuarot
  • kumikumi Posts: 114 Arc User

We do care, we've tried to give away gold previously... obviously with less than ideal results. Since then we've been considering some other ideas and what we might do in the future.

Giving gold away is a band-aid solution to a hemorrhage problem. The game needs to be less "bound" obsessed in general.... and un-f*** the drop rate on sub-purple gear. That's how farmers make money, by selling unbound objects/gear/gems/whatever, and they are/were a HUGE chunk of the free player in-game economy. Believe it or not, few want to drop real money on a game that doesn't seem playable any other way.
    Houseplant of Lionheart server