test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Welcome to the Summer Games!

anole300#5837 anole300 Posts: 903 Perfect World Employee
edited August 2017 in General Discussion

Hi Hi Everyone! ^_^

We have been putting this together for a bit and have been very eager to share it with you all! For the first time, Forsaken World will be hosting its very own Summer Games!!

Getting right into it, here is the basic breakdown - four teams will be competing and scoring points during multiple events across the month of August. There will be eight total events. After the dust settles, the team with the most points will get the best rewards (and bragging rights)!

The four teams are:

Team Awakening – Illyfue & Storm Legion
Team Homecoming – Lionheart & Nyos
Team Ascension – Tytan & Eyrda
Team Vengeance – Dyos & Shylia

The Events

Fast Food - a quick search and delivery is key in this game!

Search swiftly for a vending shop that will be set up in a random safe location. The shop will contain random food items, varying in gold cost, based on how many points they are worth. Players will have 30 min to find the shop and score as many points as possible by delivering (trading) the food to a hidden GM character. Points will be calculated per server and then distributed as follows:
  • 1st 100 Points
  • 2nd 75 Points
  • 3rd 50 Points
  • 4th 25 Points
  • 5th 20 Points
  • 6th 15 Points
  • 7th 10 Points
  • 8th 5 Points

Reuse, Recycle, Revengebury Henry with a mountain of trash!

Take out your garbage and frustrations by dumping them all on Henry! Players will heap their items on Henry by trading them to a GM character. Everyone will line up at the Nightfall Citadel staircase for the trades. You will have 30 minutes to do as much damage as possible. Players can only dump ONE item, but can dump as much of it as they want. If enough total damage is done across all the teams, everyone will get a prize! Points will also be calculated per server and then distributed as follows:
  • 1st 100 Points
  • 2nd 75 Points
  • 3rd 50 Points
  • 4th 25 Points
  • 5th 20 Points
  • 6th 15 Points
  • 7th 10 Points
  • 8th 5 Points

Breakneck BonegnasherA flat out race to see who can complete this fastest!

Speed run of Bonegnasher’s Nest as fast as possible to win! A GM will be required to join your party so they can spectate and record the time. Each server will do as many attempts as possible within the 30 min time limit. If not completed, progress thru the nest will be used for rankings. Points will be distributed as follows:
  • 1st 100 Points
  • 2nd 75 Points
  • 3rd 50 Points
  • 4th 25 Points
  • 5th 20 Points
  • 6th 15 Points
  • 7th 10 Points
  • 8th 5 Points

Test Your MightPut your power on display and hit the hardest!

Show off your strength by taking a screenshot of you defeating an enemy in one attack! To truly demonstrate your might, you can use any attack ability combined with any buffs/debuffing moves. The screenshot must clearly show the damage done. Whoever does the most damage to the target enemy in one hit will win. The top 10 damage dealers earn points for their team and a prize for themselves! Points will be distributed as follows:
  • 1st 100 Points
  • 2nd 90 Points
  • 3rd 80 Points
  • 4th 70 Points
  • 5th 60 Points
  • 6th 50 Points
  • 7th 40 Points
  • 8th 30 Points
  • 9th 20 Points
  • 10th 10 Points

Hell Road / Apotheosis / Flower Power Rankings Post the highest scores for personal and team glory!

A head to head competition where everyone will battle for the most Acclaim in Hell Road, Deity Points in Apotheosis, and Flowers! The top 20 winners across the servers in each overall Power Ranking will earn points for their team! The points will be distributed as follows:
  • 1st 125 Points
  • 2nd 100 Points
  • 3rd 90 Points
  • 4th 80 Points
  • 5th 70 Points
  • 6th 60 Points
  • 7th 50 Points
  • 8th 40 Points
  • 9th 30 Points
  • 10th 20 Points
  • 11th 10 Points
  • 12th 9 Points
  • 13th 8 Points
  • 14th 7 Points
  • 15th 6 Points
  • 16th 5 Points
  • 17th 4 Points
  • 18th 3 Points
  • 19th 2 Points
  • 20th 1 Point

Endurance MarathonTest your stamina and “run” further than anyone else!

Players will test their endurance against each other, over the course of the entire Summer Games! The server that accumulates the most time played will be the marathon winner. Points will be distributed as follows:
  • 1st 100 Points
  • 2nd 75 Points
  • 3rd 50 Points
  • 4th 25 Points
  • 5th 20 Points
  • 6th 15 Points
  • 7th 10 Points
  • 8th 5 Points

We’re super excited for this event and can’t wait to see what you guys pull off! Keep an eye out for more information and announcements on each event! Good luck out there!
Post edited by anole300#5837 on

Comments

• lolnotyfglolnotyfg Posts: 296 Arc User
    Nah bro I'm sweet
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    lmao, how on earth can you consider this fair when some servers are barely populated and can't even begin to compete with other servers??? what a **** joke
  • anole300#5837 anole300 Posts: 903 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2017
    amarantos said:

lmao, how on earth can you consider this fair when some servers are barely populated and can't even begin to compete with other servers??? what a **** joke

We created the teams with this in mind. Each combination of servers works out pretty evenly.
  • eberg33keberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    Test Your Might – Put your power on display and hit the hardest!

Show off your strength by taking a screenshot of you defeating an enemy in one attack! You can use any attack ability combined with any buffs/debuffing moves. To truly demonstrate your might, NO WEAPONS ARE ALLOWED!! The screenshot must clearly show the damage done.
    Whoever kills the strongest enemy in one hit will win. In the case of a tie, whoever did the most damage wins. The top 10 winners earn points for their team and a prize for themselves! Points will be distributed as follows:
    Skills require weapons...
    eberg33k said:

Test Your Might – Put your power on display and hit the hardest!

Show off your strength by taking a screenshot of you defeating an enemy in one attack! You can use any attack ability combined with any buffs/debuffing moves. To truly demonstrate your might, NO WEAPONS ARE ALLOWED!! The screenshot must clearly show the damage done.
    Whoever kills the strongest enemy in one hit will win. In the case of a tie, whoever did the most damage wins. The top 10 winners earn points for their team and a prize for themselves! Points will be distributed as follows:
    Skills require weapons...

Opps, that's leftover from the original idea for the event :) thanks for the catch, fixed it!
  • gio#4911 gio Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    how does this work for the duel players? we just do stuff random and server will count? u set a day and time for it? also u can duel your alts....

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

edited July 2017

Opps, that's leftover from the original idea for the event :) thanks for the catch, fixed it!

No problem.
    However I have a question. Since some skills do multiple attacks with 1 use, do you only count 1 attack or the sum of the skill's damage, or will the damage from multiple hit skills be disqualified since it'll look like more than 1 attack?
    Post edited by eberg33k on
  • underworldfiendunderworldfiend Posts: 72 Arc User
    about bonegnasher event its only for 30 minutes and gm needs to be in your party. im pretty sure however op your party you at least need 15 minutes to beat it. so like only 1 party or at max 2 get to participate in it?

about bonegnasher event its only for 30 minutes and gm needs to be in your party. im pretty sure however op your party you at least need 15 minutes to beat it. so like only 1 party or at max 2 get to participate in it?

Yes, we wanted to stress the need for speed ^_^ There will be a sign up period for it - hoping to get a strong entry from each server which will make for some record times! :)
  • gio#4911 gio Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2017

Yes, we wanted to stress the need for speed ^_^ There will be a sign up period for it - hoping to get a strong entry from each server which will make for some record times! :)
    So basically only the top toastuwithonehit dps should participate?

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• deathgod123456deathgod123456 Posts: 308 Arc User
    looks like an awsome event
  • nickvvnickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    How would you decide which enemy is the strongest and how will you prove it was properly 1shto and nto weakened at first? I could do a random worldboss and claim to have 1shot it with a huge hit, how will i be proven wrong?
  • kumikumi Posts: 114 Arc User

In my opinion, it's better to create events that test the players, not their toon. Testing the "player" give a chance to all players to make it, can't say the same when an event test the toon. There is more fun, because you can test different habilities, in the case of toons, it's all about strenght. Even though, it's good to have events, and let's try to keep them alive during all year, community needs to have their players more connected, more active.

They have to reward the players and make them feel special who took out a second mortgage to be OP, hence, the strength only, top 4 toons only deal.
    Houseplant of Lionheart server
  • stew675stew675 Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    nickvv said:

How would you decide which enemy is the strongest and how will you prove it was properly 1shto and nto weakened at first? I could do a random worldboss and claim to have 1shot it with a huge hit, how will i be proven wrong?

I would imagine that the GMs do have actual knowledge of what the HP of the various bosses are. Since your screenshot must include the damage that you did, it should be fairly easy for them to compare the damage you did to the starting known HP of the boss.

I have one question though. Are we talking about a single hit, or a single skill? Some skills hit multiple times. Are we talking about a single skill (for which a strong soul MM with 100 Nature using Burst of Rage will likely win since it hits 6 times @ 100% base damage each, or maybe a BloodLust Warrior with Sacrifice), or simply a single hit (in which case a strong Wind Reaper with Blood Rush is likely to win that every time)?

Are we allowed to apply debuffs to the boss as well? (eg. precision MM hunter's mark to boost damage)?

What is a strongest mob anyways, is it level based or total HP based. Is crit def/resistance from higher level mobs counted? I can 1shot lv90 mobs in HRD which are far stronger than lv100 mobs in the open world. Does the GM know that?
  • stew675stew675 Posts: 250 Arc User
    nickvv said:

What is a strongest mob anyways, is it level based or total HP based. Is crit def/resistance from higher level mobs counted? I can 1shot lv90 mobs in HRD which are far stronger than lv100 mobs in the open world. Does the GM know that?

Agreed. There are lots of variation in the defences of various mobs.

IMO, it may have been better to simply name some WB that everyone can have a go at. Something like the Eagle Berserker is good because it doesn't have random stuns, and is moderately tanky. Post a video of your toon, and your toon alone with no additional debuffs from anyone else, with the time it takes to kill the Berserker. Might be a bit hard to police it, but certainly fairer than simply the biggest hit, for which as mentioned there are classes with skills that will most always win (300% base for Blood Rush on Reapers)

On another note, for HR acclaim, wind mages and glacial priests are by far and above the highest scoring classes, at least on Lionheart where scores of >14200 are common for those two classes, with most everything else in the 13800-14000 range (wars, reapers, MMs, wardens, bards, sins), and the other less AoE heavy classes bringing up the rear (vamps, demons, prots).

Seems to me that the servers that will win are those with the most OP glacial priests/wind mages.
    On illyfue we got a warrior and sin who can get close to 14.3k too ;) so thats not entirely true
    eberg33k said:

However I have a question. Since some skills do multiple attacks with 1 use, do you only count 1 attack or the sum of the skill's damage, or will the damage from multiple hit skills be disqualified since it'll look like more than 1 attack?

@anole300
    eberg33k said:

As long as it is from one skill use, it is fine. Just the skill damage and no auto attacks.

eberg33k said:

As long as it is from one skill use, it is fine. Just the skill damage and no auto attacks.
    How is the strongest mob determined?
  • kumikumi Posts: 114 Arc User

Kumi, Casher players, huge ones, don't need a box with 2 or 3 gems to feel better, for example; they have leaf enough to buy all they want, and for what we can see, most of "special" rewards from Events, are available too on orbs soon or later. But, I get what you say. Even though, I would not sacrifice community only to reward Op people, Op people can't fill a game, the "normal" mass, are the ones who fill the game. Op people pay the game. It's a simbiotic relationship. In exchange, for paying the game, they have the best stats and so. Fair enough to all. What I'am saying, is that they could make more Events like this one, but to challenge habilities on players, not on toons, more fun in my opinion. Excuse my english.

You're overlooking bragging rights, and I wasn't disagreeing with you. I do agree with what you've said.
    Houseplant of Lionheart server
    nickvv said:

eberg33k said:

How is the strongest mob determined?
    Actually, to ease confusion and make things simpler, I'm going to choose an enemy instead. More level playing field that way.