test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GM Pinata Event!! 7/11-7/14 **UPDATED 7/17/17**

anole300#5837 anole300 Posts: 849 Perfect World Employee
edited July 2017 in General Discussion

Now for something completely random:

Spawned by the internet (or possibly New Zealand according to some) - July 14th is National Nude Day! To commemorate this odd occasion, we’re holding a special event that involves your birthday suits and relieving some aggression. We know it sounds strange, but bare with us for a minute… beat the heat and let off some steam by laying into a GM!

The twist for this event comes from the holiday – players can only wear their weapons when attacking! No other gear or fashion is allowed! The more damage everyone does to the GM, the better the rewards will be!

It’s a Birthday Suit GM Pinata Party!

How this will work:
  • A GM will be on each server at the scheduled time
  • Players will have 30 min to deal as much damage as possible to the GM
  • Players may ONLY have a weapon equipped when attacking, nothing else!
  • Everyone will receive rewards based on the total damage done by all servers to the GMs

The higher the total, the more everyone earns! Do enough damage and everyone gets all three!

- Mysterious Treasure
Soul Diamonds x5

- Lionheart Advanced Pack
Star Crystals x150, 10 Soul Coins, Crystalline II x2, Shattershard II x2, Twilight II, Goldspark II

- Blazing Flame Pack
Mystic Lv3 Rune Pack x3, Mystic Lv4 Rune Pack x3, Soul Diamonds x20

Schedule:

7/11
  • Lionheart @ 5:30 PM PST
7/12
  • Dyos @ 10:00 AM PST
  • Shylia @ 11:00 AM PST
  • Eyrda @ 5:30 PM PST
7/13
  • Nyos @ 10:00 AM PST
  • Illyfue @ 11:00 AM PST
7/14
  • Tytan @ 10:30 AM PST
  • Storm Legion @ 5:30 PM PST

********** UPDATE **********

We tallied up all the damage you guys did, and it was a TON!

Total Damage: 262,856,898

The goal for the highest tier rewards was 150,000,000... and you all demolished that number!!

Reward Code: bUZT9ipn

Expires 7/23/17, is usable once per account and is bound

Contains:
Mysterious Treasure, Lionheart Advanced Gift Pack, and a Blazing Flame Pack

It was a lot of fun! Amazing job everyone and thanks for all the bruises!
Post edited by anole300#5837 on
Tagged:

Comments

• wuergmasterwuergmaster Posts: 161 Arc User
    7/12 • Dyos @ 10:00 AM PST

By now no Annoucment in Ger Forum for that.

• jipa#5040 jipa Posts: 4 Arc User
    mystic rune pack = adv runes? if so these rewards are actually pretty sick
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,063 Arc User
    how are you gonna tell if people have their gear off or not, gonna sit and inspect every single person? honor system? lel.
  • kindlyspiritkindlyspirit Posts: 31 Arc User
    Unsure how this be fair for everyone went game does some pretty damage OP....ya we know who going win here.. what point even show up for this event..Not even going bother show up.. good luck on your event also players.
  • anole300#5837 anole300 Posts: 849 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2017
    amarantos said:

how are you gonna tell if people have their gear off or not, gonna sit and inspect every single person? honor system? lel.

- Players who I see wearing stuff, I one shot :)

Unsure how this be fair for everyone went game does some pretty damage OP....ya we know who going win here.. what point even show up for this event..Not even going bother show up.. good luck on your event also players.

- I guess we will see when the dust settles, GM gear is pretty OP though!
  • unusualsuspect1unusualsuspect1 Posts: 694 Arc User
    I missed out on this on Lionheart due to the short lead time on the announcement. :(

Also, are you aware that players can choose to display only their garderobe fashion instead of their gear, and then just deselect the garderobe fashion so that they appear naked, even while wearing full gear and attack fashion?
  • kindlyspiritkindlyspirit Posts: 31 Arc User
    But does not see the fairness for all. Maybe GM going be OP..Bur still the facts..Who as OP weapon going make higer attack in 30 mins?....Just am try figure how this works for everyone?

I missed out on this on Lionheart due to the short lead time on the announcement. :(

Also, are you aware that players can choose to display only their garderobe fashion instead of their gear, and then just deselect the garderobe fashion so that they appear naked, even while wearing full gear and attack fashion?

Yes ^_^ and they were one shot - Thanks for the heads up though!

• miciocicciomiciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User

But does not see the fairness for all. Maybe GM going be OP..Bur still the facts..Who as OP weapon going make higer attack in 30 mins?....Just am try figure how this works for everyone?

Hum, do you know english at all? or you bothered read even?

EVERYONE will get prize based on the damage ALL servers do, dunno why you keep crying about unfairness, dont see anywhere written "most op's of your server gonna get this or that".

Stop "trying" to figure and complain where there's NOTHING to complain about.

Scorpioluca
  • gio#4911 gio Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2017

amarantos said:

U cant oneshot me for sure ;P but im not bothering to log for this or any events.

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• miciocicciomiciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    Btw am wondering.

How's gonna work this on pve servers like our (Illy)?

Scorpioluca

Btw am wondering.

How's gonna work this on pve servers like our (Illy)?

Scorpioluca

On PvE servers (we did this yesterday on Lionheart) - it will be a bunch of dueling. Everyone was either trying to duel or cheering other people on and being a great audience. ^_^
  • d4bigm4nd4bigm4n Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited July 2017

amarantos said:

U cant oneshot me for sure ;P but im not bothering to log for this or any events.
    GM gear is pretty OP. Last time I fought with domino he said his crits and normal attacks were up in the millions with GM gear on.... So ya, you would be one shot lol

"BookerDewit: Blood Warrior"

• gio#4911 gio Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Last time i fought GM i turned DU with 80 wisdom+ then used conqueror reflect plus port, he was running around for a while :3 his hp dropped more than half

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• freeyaafreeyaa Posts: 523 Arc User
    Just the idea of killing a GM char brings me waay back. Back in the day Anachronos somehow managed to kill a pet on Dyos, was standing in the citadel with a red name... a guild member dragged a guard into town which nuked him... that was fun.
    <mean, grumpy b!sh>
    Lycanella - Dyos
    Char deleted: 09/04/2017
  • senrinsenrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    freeyaa said:

Just the idea of killing a GM char brings me waay back. Back in the day Anachronos somehow managed to kill a pet on Dyos, was standing in the citadel with a red name... a guild member dragged a guard into town which nuked him... that was fun.

Most likely it was another game: a baby back then, a very old adult now...
  • heyyou#6834 heyyou Posts: 4 Arc User
    What prize did we win? Will you be giving out a code soon.
  • evilmessengerevilmessenger Posts: 22 Arc User
    thank you it was fun
  • unusualsuspect1unusualsuspect1 Posts: 694 Arc User
    Thank you for the rewards