Paragon Pack/Nirvana Wings Known Issue

anole300#5837
anole300#5837 Posts: 912 Perfect World Employee

Attention Forsaken World!

There is an issue involving the Paragon Pack in the boutique. Purchasing the pack results in players receiving the Nirvana Wings Pack instead. We will be resolving this issue as soon as possible, and removing the Nirvana Wings from the game. Due to this resolution, we advise players NOT to purchase the Paragon Pack, or any Nirvana Wings Packs from the Auction House. Compensation will be determined once this matter is fully sorted out. Players that already owned the Nirvana Wings before this incident will have their wings reinstated once the issue is closed.

Thank you for your cooperation with this issue, especially the players who helped bring this to our attention! We apologize for the inconvenience!

Comments

• gio#4911
    gio#4911 Posts: 790 Arc User
    Knowing pw fixing history, you will end up on breaking some 10 other things, fix the boutique and stop wasting resources on that, its ur fault to begin with, pw should understand what karma is, you get this bugs cause you created conditions for them. FIX Arena 2 years almost, none cares about cosmetic wings, real monarch and investors are hardcore pvpers, and we need arena more.

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• dfutyut8
    dfutyut8 Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Or just keep them in the game since you guys already messed up. Might as well save yourselves the trouble and not break anymore things by trying to take them out.
  • dfutyut8
    edited June 2017

Knowing pw fixing history, you will end up on breaking some 10 other things, fix the boutique and stop wasting resources on that, its ur fault to begin with, pw should understand what karma is, you get this bugs cause you created conditions for them. FIX Arena 2 years almost, none cares about cosmetic wings, real monarch and investors are hardcore pvpers, and we need arena more.

Domino also said FF afk would be fixed over a year ago or so and that still hasn't been fixed. As always, if it does not involve money, they will not fix it. I am surprised we had an emergency maintenance for wings and not for gem glitch...They seem to not have their priorities straight.
  • heinesen
    heinesen Posts: 209 Arc User
    There are more importen stuff who need fix than a Nirvana wings. So why not just leive it alone for now and do some serius fix than a fashion item. The bug list is long do some fix there instead.
  • mhmitsme
    mhmitsme Posts: 83 Arc User
    just make them nothing special by giving them in code to everybody, problem fixed!
    ING: Piotoru
    Guild: NewOrder
  • dfutyut8
    heinesen said:

There are more importen stuff who need fix than a Nirvana wings. So why not just leive it alone for now and do some serius fix than a fashion item. The bug list is long do some fix there instead.

For example, the bug where you swapped awakening trees. You went from Dark to Light, but the game says you cannot upgrade any Light skills when you have the right amount of Soul Gold and Kind Rep Points. But to PWE that is "working as intended." They are selling a faulty item for 1200 Leaves...*slow claps*
  • heinesen
    heinesen Posts: 209 Arc User

There is an issue involving the Paragon Pack in the boutique. Purchasing the pack results in players receiving the Nirvana Wings Pack instead. We will be resolving this issue as soon as possible, and removing the Nirvana Wings from the game. Due to this resolution, we advise players NOT to purchase the Paragon Pack, or any Nirvana Wings Packs from the Auction House. Compensation will be determined once this matter is fully sorted out. Players that already owned the Nirvana Wings before this incident will have their wings reinstated once the issue is closed.

Thank you for your cooperation with this issue, especially the players who helped bring this to our attention! We apologize for the inconvenience!
    I wonder why you not have remove the awakening reset item when you know its broken and still sell a broken item . Remove that to atleast until its fixed.
  • gio#4911
    edited June 2017
    heinesen said:

I wonder why you not have remove the awakening reset item when you know its broken and still sell a broken item . Remove that to atleast until its fixed.

This :smiley: and since u seem to be able change entrys on items, why not fix warrior wrath bug which is ridiculous op and shameless, pw prioritys are not correct for sure, we can give you a better list.

• jeandouxe
    jeandouxe Posts: 4 Arc User
    While I am pleasantly surprised by the decision to actually do the right thing. Simply removing them is not gonna do anything except shaft the players who were conned into buying them from AH and such. The real ones who deserve punishment are the ones who bought bunch of them for 40 leaves while probably fully realizing this wasn't intended.
  • evilmessenger
    evilmessenger Posts: 22 Arc User
    Either have a Rollback or Give them to everyone or you will end up **** everyone that did buy them from AH Some ppl paid 120d down to 4d how are you going to compensate for that ? I'm sitting back and waiting to see what happens do i see more players leaving the game for good.
  • jeandouxe
    jeandouxe Posts: 4 Arc User
    Let's think about this with a cool head. The exploiters likely sold AT LEAST 1 or 2 wings which was probably plenty enough to make good profit even if all the other wings they bought with leaves are removed. I tried to warn some guildies since becoming aware of this problem but some of them bought the damn things already b/c they didn't know about the dubious nature of these items. If all offending wings are removed from the game these are the people hit hardest by the "fix" while the real exploiters get off scot free and even some tidy profit. This is pretty infuriating in my view.
  • abrasivejingan
    abrasivejingan Posts: 37 Arc User
    They *fixed* a glitched cash shop item so fast, I'm so amazed. But the bugs we were complaining for YEARS, doesn't get fixed. OK, PWE you just showed us your priority.
  • miciociccio
    miciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User

Either have a Rollback or Give them to everyone or you will end up **** everyone that did buy them from AH Some ppl paid 120d down to 4d how are you going to compensate for that ? I'm sitting back and waiting to see what happens do i see more players leaving the game for good.

Lmao, not 1 billion and 600 millons D's for 1 wing maybe?

There's no compensation for that big amount of stupidity and dw, pretty sure from that mess many ppls will gaing tons sending tickets and claiming they brought 20k leafs worth packs , or that spent 22 trillions D's to get them for all their alts + check in alts hahahaha.

But from what i get seem the bug is still there? seen they only cost 40 leafs could get a pair to see how they look lol.

Scorpioluca
  • gio#4911

Lmao, not 1 billion and 600 millons D's for 1 wing maybe?

There's no compensation for that big amount of stupidity and dw, pretty sure from that mess many ppls will gaing tons sending tickets and claiming they brought 20k leafs worth packs , or that spent 22 trillions D's to get them for all their alts + check in alts hahahaha.

But from what i get seem the bug is still there? seen they only cost 40 leafs could get a pair to see how they look lol.

Scorpioluca
    nope its not there, at least not for me was fixed with emergency maintenance, unless like itold previously pw screwed up on the hotfix.

• madjen
    madjen Posts: 146 Arc User

Give everybody the damn wings as Anniversary gift. On previous years we had a flying mount (the purple bat same as in shop) as anniversary gift, everybody got it.

Since this was your fk up (like with the super nova packs) its not just ppl losing leaves now after buying the packs but also the ppl who bought the wings from AH right after the maint yesterday (thinking the wings that remained after the packs were removed, were going to be left in game). As far as I can see, ppl already profited, the ones who sold the wings are happy, the ones who bought the wings are happy too, why the hell go through so much effort and waste of time to remove it from the game when you can just leave it as it is and as compensation for everyone, send a code or a pack on mail as 6th year Anniversary gift.. It would make things so much easier. At the end of the day if ppl profited from this, is not their fault, it's yours, and it will be so unfair to just take everything from everyone as the best solution. If you are going to do that might as well do a rollback so ppl can have their gold back in their banks. Whatever else you do,will leave unsatisfied ppl and there will be no gold refund from the ppl who sold the wings. Whatcha gonna do about that? Give me my diamonds and my leaves back? Well I hope you do it fast then... as fast as it took you to take the items from the shop with an emergency maint.

vampiregir_m6cy4wf1.gif
    “Through me you go into a city of weeping; through me you go into eternal pain; through me you go amongst the lost people”
    Inferno
    Insanna ~ Pyro Artist
    Immortal ~ Illy
  • hollowoak
    hollowoak Posts: 9 Arc User
    In order for exploiting to be proved, FW would have to prove that those who bought the wings in AH knew they were there by accident.

Removing the wings from those players who bought them from the AH could easily be seen as fraud by the provider of the goods, IE the cash shop.

Virtual goods have the same legal standing as real life goods. That means replacement or refund unless FW can prove beyond reasonable doubt that the good were not purchased in good faith.

The only option is to remove them from the Cash shop, but leave the ones that remain alone.

Forced removal without recompense could very easily result in legal action, as has indeed happened to some game companies already.
  • neo1uih
    neo1uih Posts: 2 Arc User
    Exploiters so mad right now
  • nickvv
    nickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    I understand removing them but what about the people that spend their gold on them, the exploiters already got the gold and the 'customers' lsoe the wings and their gold. Seems very unfair to me.
  • nimagelas
    nimagelas Posts: 26 Arc User

Thank you for your response.

I am indeed very happy to know that the wings will be removed from the game.

You should know that these wings are the winning of a contest and it is then not normal to see them offered at a miserable price in the store.
    These wings are unique to the fortunate possessors of whom I am a part, and he ought to see, if I am not mistaken, one pair per community.

You are crying a little bit today because you have exploited a bug in the store, whereas I will have to cry because you take away my exclusivity.
    If these wings should remain in play, you will understand that I will also be entitled to demand compensation: namely, new exclusive wings.

So take advantage of your ephemeral wings and do not buy gold any more because it will not last.

Thanks Forsaken World to fix your mistakes even though a few times, some players are not happy.

Below, the real wings won during a contest:

• amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    lmao at this guy demanding new wings. pwe almost never lets anything remain exclusive, there have been numerous mounts, titles, fashions, etc over the years given out to a select few at first and then given to everyone later on plenty of times. skysward wings were handed out to a few and then anniversary orb came out and now people give them for free. get over yourself, you are entitled to nothing.
  • freeyaa
    freeyaa Posts: 523 Arc User
    nimagelas said:

If these wings should remain in play, you will understand that I will also be entitled to demand compensation: namely, new exclusive wings.

Now that's a funny story, bruh.

<mean, grumpy b!sh>
    Lycanella - Dyos
    Char deleted: 09/04/2017
  • madjen
    madjen Posts: 146 Arc User
    freeyaa said:

nimagelas said:

Now that's a funny story, bruh.

Pfftt!!! that is funny indeed!!! FYI @nimagelas seems like this wing wasnt going to be exclusive for much longer anyways! LOL how you think it ended up in the shop as a purchasable package? Sooner or later it was meant to hit the shop (Im assuming)... But YEAH get over yourself O.O Just because you won the wings in a contest does not mean you are entitled to any exclusivity, even less demand a new "exclusive" pair of wings just because your "exclusive" wings are/will be in the cash shop.

Reality check tsk tsk xD

vampiregir_m6cy4wf1.gif
    “Through me you go into a city of weeping; through me you go into eternal pain; through me you go amongst the lost people”
    Inferno
    Insanna ~ Pyro Artist
    Immortal ~ Illy
  • senrin
    senrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    hollowoak said:

In order for exploiting to be proved, FW would have to prove that those who bought the wings in AH knew they were there by accident.

Removing the wings from those players who bought them from the AH could easily be seen as fraud by the provider of the goods, IE the cash shop.

Virtual goods have the same legal standing as real life goods. That means replacement or refund unless FW can prove beyond reasonable doubt that the good were not purchased in good faith.

The only option is to remove them from the Cash shop, but leave the ones that remain alone.

Forced removal without recompense could very easily result in legal action, as has indeed happened to some game companies already.

Definitely not. Hint: read ToS carefully...
  • senrin
    senrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    nickvv said:

I understand removing them but what about the people that spend their gold on them, the exploiters already got the gold and the 'customers' lsoe the wings and their gold. Seems very unfair to me.

+1 THIS

I'm not an exploiter nor a Nirvana buyer, but - please - keep it fair.

This is getting too far already.
  • cchristosgr13
    cchristosgr13 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Your wings will stay UNIQUE coz u have the [X] Nirvana wings which are the bigger ones. The ones which were accidently sold are just the small version so u are fine ;)
  • botzlombe
    botzlombe Posts: 215 Arc User
    exactly and now let @nimagelas alone.. He/She got em legal and they are different wings so any changes wont effect him/her.
  • edira
    edira Posts: 479 Arc User
    There is no exclusivity in FW, at some point in time everything gets added to the game in one way or other... look at the "exclusive" first year anniversary mount... <.<​​
    Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • atyllene2
    atyllene2 Posts: 5 Arc User
    So
    nimagelas said:

So far this has been the most hilarious post I've seen lol
    Your entitlement has gone over your head if you think you can demand for anything just because you won a contest. Keep real and stop pretending you have some kind of rights over exclusiveness on wings that nobody told you that only you would ever be able to obtain.
  • gio#4911
    edited June 2017
    there is one little fish, in a pond full of sharks...
    Post edited by gio#4911 on