test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance Tonight - 4/25/2017

anole300#5837 anole300 Posts: 851 Perfect World Employee
Maintenance will be occurring tonight at 23:00 PST.

Some recipe text and names have been corrected, along with some internal adjustments.

We expect the maintenance to last approximately 3 hours, the servers will be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience!

Comments

• dreamwicca70dreamwicca70 Posts: 5 Arc User
    ragn0r0k said:

Any news on when we can expect some of the bugs in this patch to be fixed? One of the major ones being the broken inheritor soul power quest.

+1
  • anyadpicsajaanyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User

ragn0r0k said:

Any news on when we can expect some of the bugs in this patch to be fixed? One of the major ones being the broken inheritor soul power quest.

+1
    or any word about the broken vengeance weapon upgrades,i just login for the flare gem card rewards till we can upgrade them with champion again,if we wont be able to anymore let me know so i can uninstall pls.
    giphy.gif
  • mavip4nmavip4n Posts: 151 Arc User

ragn0r0k said:

+1
    or any word about the broken vengeance weapon upgrades,i just login for the flare gem card rewards till we can upgrade them with champion again,if we wont be able to anymore let me know so i can uninstall pls.
    +1 stuck with weapon i can't upgrade using champ points as before... so annoying >.>
    Tiny wind bard of Ascension and an innocent glacial priest of Starlight in Lionheart.
    Has stopped playing as of summer 2019. Since there are not many good people left (only douchy groups mostly, no offence!) and game is itself grindy more than ever. There is nothing left for a soloer. Good luck to the rest of survivors!
    Its broken cuz we were able to upgrade it to lvl2 vengeance with champion scrolls, now only with legendary scrolls and AFTER we upgraded it to hero 6. It would be no problem if they actually warned us about it,or maybe even let us exchange champion certificates into legendary ones like 10 certificate for 1 scroll,but nooo lets give the noobs re-id scrolls for it. Im 100% sure the CN people were warned about this change weeks before release.

Basicly the Hero rank 5 weapons in any Vengeance upgrade form became non existant. If its intended then im finished with this game once and for all.

I didnt farmed almost 500 champion certificate before patch so they can say sorry you need legendary scroll now. I lived through all fackaps until now from day 1 with moderate silence and effort to understand PWE-s side but this is the final nail in the coffin for me, if they dont compensate the players involved in this case which they are clearly at fault, for not warn the players about it.
    And you all should reconsider it, today it happened to me, tomorrow it can happen to you as well.
    The problem is, that PWE likes to keep the patch notes under 7 locks until release day and honestly they dont know half of the stuff they gonna change in every small/major patch, hence they dont/cant tell us about stuff we should be aware of.

What if today update (WITHOUT ANY WARNING) they change the required items for the Gold jewelry from Flame Crystals to Flame Emerald or some bullshiet which is only dropped in 95 raids Heroic mode. And they say sorry you can exchange your existing 100 flame crystal you farmed until now for gold re-id scrolls.And with this you have to start over. My guess is that you say nope ty.

@anole300#5837

Can i get a word on this pls?
    giphy.gif
  • driftingdethdriftingdeth Posts: 47 Arc User
    well game back up finaly , and no surprise the devs decided the inheritors 2nd soul tree quest wasnt worth fixing , or the 40 lionheart daily still in chinese text , so wut else can we not expect ?
  • silentblowzsilentblowz Posts: 36 Arc User

Its broken cuz we were able to upgrade it to lvl2 vengeance with champion scrolls, now only with legendary scrolls and AFTER we upgraded it to hero 6. It would be no problem if they actually warned us about it,or maybe even let us exchange champion certificates into legendary ones like 10 certificate for 1 scroll,but nooo lets give the noobs re-id scrolls for it. Im 100% sure the CN people were warned about this change weeks before release.

Basicly the Hero rank 5 weapons in any Vengeance upgrade form became non existant. If its intended then im finished with this game once and for all.

I didnt farmed almost 500 champion certificate before patch so they can say sorry you need legendary scroll now. I lived through all fackaps until now from day 1 with moderate silence and effort to understand PWE-s side but this is the final nail in the coffin for me, if they dont compensate the players involved in this case which they are clearly at fault, for not warn the players about it.
    And you all should reconsider it, today it happened to me, tomorrow it can happen to you as well.
    The problem is, that PWE likes to keep the patch notes under 7 locks until release day and honestly they dont know half of the stuff they gonna change in every small/major patch, hence they dont/cant tell us about stuff we should be aware of.

What if today update (WITHOUT ANY WARNING) they change the required items for the Gold jewelry from Flame Crystals to Flame Emerald or some bullshiet which is only dropped in 95 raids Heroic mode. And they say sorry you can exchange your existing 100 flame crystal you farmed until now for gold re-id scrolls.And with this you have to start over. My guess is that you say nope ty.

@anole300#5837

Can i get a word on this pls?

eh,... why did u keep all those scrolls and not upgrade our 95 to +2 before patch? 95 +2 can be upgraded to 100 +2, im real curious why u didnt upgrade to +1 or +2 on 95 but actually kept till patch comes?
    edited April 2017
    i have it on +1, didnt had enough certificates for +2 tho.
    And +2 takes 75k champion which i cant stock up in point currency (60k limit).
    As for why,maybe because our server sucks and couldnt complete ToD95 till recently,not yet managed on Dusk Melee still, and it takes a lot of time to farm that much amount without these 2 raid as weekly income and without hero card which is a CS item.

Could have collected it rom RCIE if i do that daily but...yea,90+ content is not for everyone and i got tired of searching around for people who dont get 1 shot most of the bosses tbh so pretty much stopped doin it.

Interesting enough that they responded very quickly for the missing orb of marvels tho, isnt that the same case as mine and few others?
    The "Why didnt u open the orb before the patch?" sounds pretty much the same as "Why didnt you upgrade before the patch")

What matters is that they:

1. Basicly took away my and others collected certificates
    2. A feature of the game which totally makes no sense
    3. Didnt warn anyone about this kind of major change
    4. Dont compensate for it (RE-ID scrolls is not compensating)

What next? Change all ToF item at Otis to make them exchangeable for "Coin of Gratitude" ? Sure make ToF exchangeable for Cheese breads so it will look like we did something for the cause,you know you had time to spend on the stuff you collected them for.

@anole300#5837
    Post edited by anyadpicsaja on
    giphy.gif
  • gio#4911 gio Posts: 790 Arc User

i have it on +1, didnt had enough certificates for +2 tho.
    And +2 takes 75k champion which i cant stock up in point currency (60k limit).
    As for why,maybe because our server sucks and couldnt complete ToD95 till recently,not yet managed on Dusk Melee still, and it takes a lot of time to farm that much amount without these 2 raid as weekly income and without hero card which is a CS item.

Could have collected it rom RCIE if i do that daily but...yea,90+ content is not for everyone and i got tired of searching around for people who dont get 1 shot most of the bosses tbh so pretty much stopped doin it.

Interesting enough that they responded very quickly for the missing orb of marvels tho, isnt that the same case as mine and few others?
    The "Why didnt u open the orb before the patch?" sounds pretty much the same as "Why didnt you upgrade before the patch")

What matters is that they:

1. Basicly took away my and others collected certificates
    2. A feature of the game which totally makes no sense
    3. Didnt warn anyone about this kind of major change
    4. Dont compensate for it (RE-ID scrolls is not compensating)

What next? Change all ToF item at Otis to make them exchangeable for "Coin of Gratitude" ? Sure make ToF exchangeable for Cheese breads so it will look like we did something for the cause,you know you had time to spend on the stuff you collected them for.

@anole300#5837

I got precisely the same situation as anyadpicsaja i was saving my scrolls to upgrade when patch hited,thats why we shouldnt get 5 patches in one bulk PWE, it always affects your toon progression in harmfull ways... cant we get this on otis, as fast fix or smtg?

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• dragonpupdragonpup Posts: 6 Arc User
    FYI This is another one of those small patches where you can still play without updating the game...
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,063 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    jesus christ you guys are so whiny about the stupid weapon upgrade. get over yourselfs, get over your ridiculous sense of entitlement. nothing is broken, its only different. pwe does not have to fix or correct or compensate anything related to that. if you wanna yell at them for not releasing detailed patch notes sooner, go ahead, but tbh we've always had engrish patch details from CN months/weeks before updates knowing what we get eventually.
  • senrinsenrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    Lack of communication is a sorta disrespect, think it's the main issue why people are so whiny.
  • eberg33keberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User

maybe even let us exchange champion certificates into legendary ones like 10 certificate for 1 scroll,but nooo lets give the noobs re-id scrolls for it. Im 100% sure the CN people were warned about this change weeks before release.

I agree that a warning would have been good, but you're in no different position than anyone that has saved up champ (and didn't buy scrolls) and same position as people that didn't save at all; we all need to get legendary points now.
    The only difference is, if you upgraded, you enjoyed a stronger weapon for while and, if you have scrolls/champ left over, you have some extra reid scrolls ready for your new lv100 weapon. Complaining cause you have scrolls saved up is dumb, you didn't lose anything.

Lack of communication has been one of the few constants at FW. If you're fairly new and surprised, congrats on graduating to vet status. If you're old and surprised then it's past time to take your head out of the sand.
  • d4bigm4nd4bigm4n Posts: 75 Arc User
    amarantos said:

jesus christ you guys are so whiny about the stupid weapon upgrade. get over yourselfs, get over your ridiculous sense of entitlement. nothing is broken, its only different. pwe does not have to fix or correct or compensate anything related to that. if you wanna yell at them for not releasing detailed patch notes sooner, go ahead, but tbh we've always had engrish patch details from CN months/weeks before updates knowing what we get eventually.

+1

"BookerDewit: Blood Warrior"

amarantos said:

I usually say the same when others whine about broken arena, the cross server exploit, the missing orbs. Programing wise the cross server works as intended, arena i dont know "exactly" but if you think about it, arena for the EU works when the maintenance is in another time than usual, figure it out what that could mean.Missing orbs?They should have opened it pre patch. Could it be that they wanted to sell it in higher price later on? Sounds like the same as "I didnt upgrade my weapon cuz i thought i can get it later, even faster if possible". But i stay quiet cuz im not affected, you should do the same.
    If you dont agree with me, fine, i just hope you will be in my shoes soon and realize how ignorant you were in this case, but let the ones who are affected by this particular case voice their opinion.
    Any comment like yours make our case harder to justify, even when you dont have any valid points why we shouldnt feel cheated.

And lemme ask you in the end: Why do you think the weapon upgrade option have possibility to "Choose which upgrade do you want" Can you tell any weapon in the game which have multiple possibility upon upgrading? Imo its clear as day that the system is made for cases like this. Either CN people had the possibility for a few weeks/month to choose when this change came live so they dont feel cheated as quite few people now. Then PWE received a bunch of updates at once and this possibilty is gone for us. I just cant think anything else....or there is a weapon what works like that and i dont know about.
    giphy.gif
  • laccerlaccer Posts: 93 Arc User

And lemme ask you in the end: Why do you think the weapon upgrade option have possibility to "Choose which upgrade do you want"

For example a priest can choose HE or attack set upgrade.
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,063 Arc User
    edited April 2017

And lemme ask you in the end: Why do you think the weapon upgrade option have possibility to "Choose which upgrade do you want" Can you tell any weapon in the game which have multiple possibility upon upgrading? Imo its clear as day that the system is made for cases like this. Either CN people had the possibility for a few weeks/month to choose when this change came live so they dont feel cheated as quite few people now. Then PWE received a bunch of updates at once and this possibilty is gone for us. I just cant think anything else....or there is a weapon what works like that and i dont know about.

sorry to burst your bubble but this system already works in game. it works for 12s and gold rings/necklaces. also works for entire hero 4 champ set -> hero 5 set, at least for warden. anything else you think is broken we can educate you on?

I already stated in a previous thread on the topic that I too had champ scrolls saved up on my alts for the wep upgrade but not enough vengeance rep for the item. so i was in the same boat as everyone else, and I'm over it. like eberg33k said, this game is 6 years old these things happening is nothing new. either accept it and keep playing or don't and move on.
    Post edited by amarantos on
  • armenthys#4925 armenthys Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    If you think about it, even if the system worked as you think it does in any case it would be a waste of time.

1. It doesn't let you upgrade to Hero 5 second upgrade you wasted time farming champion points for nothing.

2. If it let's you upgrade to Hero 5 +2 you would end up with a weapon with lower stats than Hero 6 +2 (shown in Fazotron's pic), you would need to upgrade to Hero 6 later and you farmed champion points for nothing too.

As other people mentioned we're all in the same boat; I was saving champion points for the second upgrade too and now those points were for nothing. Move on and go for rank 6 instead.
  • whitenight567whitenight567 Posts: 13 Arc User
    Fix war wrath glitch, PvP in all aspects is like fighting an uphill battle. A few skill casts, and depending on decree run, any and all half decent wars are running around with red hand. Which in my honest opinion is "Game Breaking". You can argue all you want that it's not for those that may flame this post, but this bug/glitch favors one class above the others.