Ascension patch discussion

Comments

• estafi
    estafi Posts: 41 Arc User
    This game is full of flaws (like most) but, honestly, for a casual player is not bad.
    Most playerbase i see nowadays plays few hours, because they have no time or play other games, and for me is good that i dont have to be all day farming stuff, and can just do the daily event/raid and go do something else.
    In fact i dont like much the idea of having to add a new instance/raid to do, already have all the ones from ES to TOD95, seems like too much to me.
    I have no Ultra toons and i really never charged here but having played since closed beta has let me build a decent character.
    Mayor problem i see is getting updated on a new toon, can take you 6 months to build a decent pve character (way more for a pvp character if you dont hardcore cs).
    If this crafting Hero 4-5 gear is doable will speed it up, but other things like SP tree and lately the awakening skills take forever to level up, i think there should be a boost on SP and SG multipliers to speed this up.
    Pretty sure some new players get discouraged at this and leave.

Every game that has some time around has this ranting forum groups of people, not amazed, some are never happy. Any game/company has flaws and its related to nowadays global model of bussiness, low to zero risk/ low cost, etc.
    In fact im surprised that FW still running, thought it would have died years ago.

• senrin
    senrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    FW is not dead, nor alive. Just in a limbo.

There's no competition left: major items are almost Orb related only - hence the pvp is kinda limited.

Farming is limited as well: afk bot for sp is all you get. Weekly raids that for many are just chores.

I'm just curious about the *new* daily free gift: hope it's really exciting and worth! After all, cashers or not, everyone can take benefit from it. Please not cheese bread - value items...

The main curse - btw - is game is suffering low population. When you wait hours for a FF queue to pop or a RCIE to run, you feel the sadness inside the pixels. Sure some hours ppl are supposed to be sleeping, but considering the huge numbers of active players the game should have in order to be considered mmo...
  • heinesen
    heinesen Posts: 209 Arc User
    I just hope this new patch will make a fair game to all thats mean if you have stuck´up champpoint they should not be usefull for new gear so all start on same point. Im worried for that more ppl will leive if not a fair game for all
  • omfgpopperz
    omfgpopperz Posts: 73 Arc User
    Will this be another folly of pets/mounts/fashion, but very little for gear (sans the super shoppers)? For the folks who don't even have rank 5 gear, what appeal cost will the higher ranks have?
  • anyadpicsaja
    anyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    While its true that its easier to develop a toon, but the list of things that needs to be leveled up increased way more.
    So you say that when someone reach level 85 and gets a hero set,you can do anything with it?

A lvl 85 character is supposed to do RCIE for daily quest,which is impossible without someone carrying him/her through by me or other powerhouses, and that among other things is messed up.

The sad truth is,to be considered a player in FW (since lower level gameplay dosnt exist) you have to be:
    -lvl90+
    -have maxed soulpower or close to it
    -Full champion set
    -all gears at 12/12 (including jewelry if possible)
    -Masteries at 60+
    -lvl3 wings
    -10k+ attack
    -120k HP

This is the minimum requirement for everyone to not get 1shotted in RCIE (which is again a daily quest not even a raid) and actually be useful. And i didnt even mentioned PvP which requires way more than this.
    Before you sugarcoat the current situation, you can try to summarize how much time it takes to reach this power with and without cashing,but heres a little help...way more than 1 or 2 month. And its just to catch up to the level you are supposed to be,not even aiming to get stronger than the required average.

As someone said FW is in a limbo, but closer to death than life.The sooner you accept that fact and try to do something against it, instead of living in denial the better. The player you mentioned, will just disappear soon, mark my words.

Maybe your server isnt having problems with raids and playerbase numbers(which i seriously doubt),neither us.
    But we arent talking about the below 90 ones. Those are basicly a playground, but then the 90+ ones are suddenly way too hard and team based,its just too sudden with lots of chances of being 1 shotted, and ignoring every defensive power anyone have.

When a whole server cant complete a raid which was released more than 6 month ago, something is not right and should be addressed fast at least, but definitely before giving us a harder one(this is where i mention, @anole300#5837 , u forgot to tell me if its harder than the current 90+ raids or not)

Cheers o/
    giphy.gif
  • laccer
    laccer Posts: 93 Arc User
    @anyadpicsaja
    Easier to reach lv85, then you are strong enough to run multi RCI advanced. You can go to Dragons for wargod points, you can farm a bit the basic RCI for lionheart badges for lv30 purple gear, what you can upgrade with wargod pts. So you can have purple gear from the beginning, and since you have the level, you can go to normal raids for higher level purple gears.
    Meanwhile you play with a game with friends, and you are happy.
    Yes, lv90+ content is hard. You can doubt it, but I know, our server can do at least 3 TOD2 raids with success.

"summarize how much time it takes to reach this power with and without cashing,but heres a little help...way more than 1 or 2 month."
    Why the hell you download an mmorpg? Do you want to play with it only 2 month? A newcomer dont want to go to RCI expert or TOD2 immediately. There is a lot of instances and quests to do. A normal player dont cry for being undergeared after 2 or 3 month. A normal player play the game, do what is doable.

ps.: I made a SS and we will talk about her later, why is she still play FW or why she left. Or why do you think, that new players leave after weeks. Aaaaaand, we can talk about those, who are still here for years, and still complain... but stay.
  • armenthys#4925
    armenthys#4925 Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    It's easy to complain because things that should work are being broken and hardly ever they attempt to fix. It's hard to leave because some have been here for years and have spent a lot of time, effort and/or money just to simply walk away and leave all that behind.
  • senrin
    Personally, after all the time and money put here, I'll feel a total **** leaving.

But as 2nd pastime mmorpg, FW makes me still feel smart! LOL
  • anyadpicsaja
    anyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    laccer said:

@anyadpicsaja
    Easier to reach lv85, then you are strong enough to run multi RCI advanced. You can go to Dragons for wargod points, you can farm a bit the basic RCI for lionheart badges for lv30 purple gear, what you can upgrade with wargod pts. So you can have purple gear from the beginning, and since you have the level, you can go to normal raids for higher level purple gears.
    Meanwhile you play with a game with friends, and you are happy.
    Yes, lv90+ content is hard. You can doubt it, but I know, our server can do at least 3 TOD2 raids with success.

"summarize how much time it takes to reach this power with and without cashing,but heres a little help...way more than 1 or 2 month."
    Why the hell you download an mmorpg? Do you want to play with it only 2 month? A newcomer dont want to go to RCI expert or TOD2 immediately. There is a lot of instances and quests to do. A normal player dont cry for being undergeared after 2 or 3 month. A normal player play the game, do what is doable.

ps.: I made a SS and we will talk about her later, why is she still play FW or why she left. Or why do you think, that new players leave after weeks. Aaaaaand, we can talk about those, who are still here for years, and still complain... but stay.

Our server can do that much ToD95 nowadays as well(but it took months to do so), but 0 ToD95HM and Dusk Melee. which is a huge champion point loss for the community each week.

When i downloaded this game 6 years ago, it didnt took a few days to reach max level and didnt had to farm my brain out to catch up to others and reach a point where i can do instances at my level.

I spent long weeks in Sea of Oblivion, doing sidequests and main quests (side quests are pretty much deleted content since then...in an mmo...no side quests,hilarious), then when all was done head to Henry to do a few stuff. I had stuff to do every minute i played.
    When i reached the required level i went to kill Elite mobs for the Shards to get the shard gear. (if you remember shard gear it wasnt exactly strong, barely stronger than green gear, but it was easy to obtain, free and i for one could tank FP at my level in it at my level (FP was really hard back then)). The whole game followed this logic until 90+, then the shiet hit the fan,and suddenly blue gears were trash,and purple gears were considered default.

Think this through: "In theory, you should be able to do all instance at your level with average gear and power. Gearing up and increase your strength, should make things easier at your level, not making it possible."
    giphy.gif
  • laccer
    Yes, in old times, if you reach the level, you can get a blue set easily and can go to instance of your level.
    The logic changed. They made instances harder and gave us more stat building systems, like SP, anima, more ID on gears, etc.
    I like it :)
  • senrin
    They added many "features" to give power to your toon.

SP apart, all the others require tons of money and luck. The trend of ftp mmorpgs which is definitely not the logic behind a mmo.
  • laccer
    senrin said:

SP apart, all the others require tons of money and luck. The trend of ftp mmorpgs which is definitely not the logic behind a mmo.

What feature need only money and cannot get it other ways?
  • laccer

laccer said:

senrin said:

What feature need only money and cannot get it other ways?
    Read what he wrote again as u completly dint understand he didnt mentioned that needs only money, but needs it alot of it if u want it do it free u will be stunlocked by the ability not to farm it.
    This is my last post in this thread.
    I read and unserstand. "SP apart, all the others require tons of money and luck." <- this means, you need tons of money and luck.
  • senrin
    We do not need a querelle between us, we are all players and share the same fate.

No need to defend my pov simply because - watching carefully the real players left (that simply means not counting 67 alts per person) - clearly the game has something that "boosts" players to leave: there must be a reason.

Besides the octuagenarian speed into bug fixes - some of those already 3 years old (wrong energy description for warrior and bard for example) - they simply do not adapt the game to our population/way of playing. The "copypaste" does not work well.

Then comes the fact we need new players and here we have another huge flaw: hardcore run away when they notice you have energy/vigor that kills your will. Believe it or not, I met person who like run OAC like 15 - 20 times daily, then 3x IP 5x ToK and the limitation made them run away so fast. Noobs get frustrated fast: can't compete to whales or veterans in a reasonable timeframe.

It *just seems* the management *does* want either milk more the whales with expansion after expansion while luring new players to cash fast to reach top tier with the amazing 1st buyer + usual weekly promos.

We do not have just gold as currency, but also Token of Faith, Stone of Awakening and Memory Pearl. But even those are just confined into Orbs. I am just worried many new players leave before deeply exploring the game due to daily farm limitation on a side, too much hard to get those goodies to the other.
  • tatermega
    tatermega Posts: 12 Arc User
    Will inheritors start at lvl 90+ or lvl 1? Mr or Ms GM o: also thank you for all the answers so far and keeping us up to date :)
  • freeyaa
    freeyaa Posts: 523 Arc User
    tatermega said:

Will inheritors start at lvl 90+ or lvl 1? Mr or Ms GM o: also thank you for all the answers so far and keeping us up to date :)

Lv1
    <mean, grumpy b!sh>
    Lycanella - Dyos
    Char deleted: 09/04/2017
  • thafuji
    thafuji Posts: 300 Arc User
    Estimated time when the patch will come online?
  • senrin

senrin said:

some of those already 3 years old (wrong energy description for warrior and bard for example) -

Can i know whats wrong with bard one? i hardly noticed maybe, i know only 1 bug on bad desc on bard that is from sandstorm talent that decresses mobs defence but when u hit a mob in debuffs it shows it incresed his def.
    Well, it's about Nyos Wisdom energy: 3rd lvl tier says "after 6th stacks, you'll be immune to all dmg for 5/10/15s" while actually it's "1/2/3 hits". Huge difference, considering you're a quite tanky healer class.
  • dennenappel
    dennenappel Posts: 133 Arc User
    Any new information on when the patch is expected to come? It was said it would probably be 1 week later but no real official info so far so, will we just have to wait another month? :trollface:
    Erzannah ~ lv100 divine priest (Nyos)
    member since 08/16/2011
  • sasaki#4349
    sasaki#4349 Posts: 2 Arc User
    anyone have links to showcase new class skills/trees ? D: thanks
  • duskofdoom
    duskofdoom Posts: 141 Arc User

Any new information on when the patch is expected to come? It was said it would probably be 1 week later but no real official info so far so, will we just have to wait another month? :trollface:

I've spotted this from the Dutch Forums "Unsere dieswöchige Serverwartung wird auf Freitagmorgen um 8 Uhr verschoben.

Die Dauer und weitere Informationen werden wir hier anfügen, sobald diese feststehen." Eng:"Our server maintenance this week will be postponed to Friday morning at 8 o'clock.

The duration and further information will be attached here as soon as they are established." From their CM Gwaera

Magby
    Server: Eyrda
    Talent/Class: Diamond Protector
    <Nightfall Star>
    <Freedom Harbor's Loyal Protector>
    <Infernal Majesty>
    <Parry and Riposte>
    <Paragon of Earth>
    <Helldiver Ultimate>
  • nickvv
    nickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    How dare you compare us dutch to those filthy barbarians that suck at football!
  • faster49
    faster49 Posts: 20 Arc User
    So a friend and I were discussing this about the inheritor coming out.
    anole300 said
    Each character can only have one inheritor at a time. However, if you do choose to delete an inheritor - the parent character will be unavailable for use until the inheritor is completely removed. So, I would definitely suggest choosing wisely from the start ^_^;

Does that mean the parent character is not able to be used at all until the inheritor is removed? or just not usable as a parent character again until the inheritor is removed?
  • dennenappel
    dennenappel Posts: 133 Arc User
    Lol, its very interesting how on the german forums they always give more information. Are they smarter and stay more up to date over there? Or are we EU/US players just not worth getting the information? What are you guys playing at really I don't understand why there's this difference
    Erzannah ~ lv100 divine priest (Nyos)
    member since 08/16/2011
  • anole300#5837
    anole300#5837 Posts: 912 Perfect World Employee
    faster49 said:

So a friend and I were discussing this about the inheritor coming out.
    anole300 said
    Each character can only have one inheritor at a time. However, if you do choose to delete an inheritor - the parent character will be unavailable for use until the inheritor is completely removed. So, I would definitely suggest choosing wisely from the start ^_^;

Does that mean the parent character is not able to be used at all until the inheritor is removed? or just not usable as a parent character again until the inheritor is removed?

The parent character is still usable while it has an inheritor. The issue comes up when deleting an inheritor. If you choose to delete an inheritor character, you will not be able to use the parent character during the deletion period. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up and suggest planning out how to make use of the feature. :smiley: