Amazing Race prizes

Hello!

I have some questions about the prizes for the amazing race event. In the original post there were the following listed:

1st place: Exclusive 1st place title, Choice in any Wings currently in game, Abyssal Relic, Quality 5 Elemental Relic, All Level 5 Gems

2nd Place: Exclusive 2nd place title, Pair of Nether Wings, Abyssal Relic, Quality 5 Elemental Relic, Choice in Mount

3rd Place: Exclusive 3rd place title, Pair of Nightfall Wings, Frost Nova Relic, Quality 5 Elemental Relic, Choice in Pet

4th Place: Top 10 title, 4 Honored Warrior Medals, Rose Wings

5th Place: Top 10 title, 2 Honored Warrior Medals, Skysward Wings

6th – 10th Place:
Top 10 title and an Ice Pack

Now I have the following questions:

Wat are the Honored Warrior Medals?
What's in an Ice Pack?
As 5th place there are Skysward Wings, but these are already very very common on all servers. People are even giving them away for free. So I was wondering if these can be replaced by more special ones perhaps? It just seems kinda lame reward for the hard work, since most people already have them? Maybe Candle wings instead?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• erzipie#2722
    erzipie#2722 Posts: 37 Arc User
    Does nobody else have this question lol?

Can anyone tell me whats in the Ice Pack? :sweat:
  • plagueis#6755
    plagueis#6755 Posts: 22 Arc User
    Honored warrior medals are rank 4 Champ gear. Rank 4 and below, the prizes are definitely lacking. Especially for a 7 week event.
  • erzipie#2722
    @whiteflagwarrior#1723 Please consider these things because we put alot of time and effort in this race and the top 5 reward really is pretty lame. And can you please tell us what's in an Ice Pack I'm very curious?
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
  • erzipie#2722
    Well thank you! Thats two of my questions sorted :smirk:

I mostly want an answer about the 5th prize wings though!

• erzipie#2722
    edited March 2017
    @anole300#5837 I'm sorry for QQ so much but can you please look into the 5th place rewards, Skysward wings are already widely available and not special at all, everyone has them already.
  • majkel33
    majkel33 Posts: 93 Arc User
    "Skysward wings" no one even wants them for free, how it is to be a reward for fifth place? Here you can see how best pwe cares about players giving them lame rewards for seven weeks grind :D
  • amarantos
    also no comment on awarding the same exact prizes for a 5-server grouping vs a 2-server grouping, because that's fair too :/
  • anole300#5837
    anole300#5837 Posts: 912 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2017
    Apologies on both counts -- Unfortunately, changing the prizes or adding items to the larger group would be unfair to the smaller. There are many participants that have put a large amount of effort into this race. Discounting one group's effort in favor of the other would be biased. Both groups have many players with high scores that are comparable. Altering the prizes motivating everyone this late would also be wrong and thus no change will be made.

As for the 5th place prize -- News of the event and its prizes were posted on January 19th, along with an event discussion thread started by Domino. This prize was not brought up for discussion prior to the event starting. I'm certain that Domino took this as forum-goers' approval of the rewards. Bringing it up in late February, which was a month into the event already, is too late. As such, the 5th place prize will remain the same.
    Post edited by anole300#5837 on
  • erzipie#2722
    Well thats amazing, just brilliant, I really feel sorry for the person reaching 5th place, Im gonna try hard to drop down to the 6th lol. You are saying it yourself that participants have put a large amount of effort into the race.

How difficult is it to change the kind of wings from skysward to like candle wings? I really don't understand the issue ughh this is terribly frustrating and disappointing.

Well thanks for the answer at least that's something.
  • amarantos
    edited March 2017

Apologies on both counts -- Unfortunately, changing the prizes or adding items to the larger group would be unfair to the smaller. There are many participants that have put a large amount of effort into this race. Discounting one group's effort in favor of the other would be biased. Both groups have many players with high scores that are comparable. Altering the prizes motivating everyone this late would also be wrong and thus no change will be made.

how on earth you could say the two groups are comparable? 5 servers, 2 of which are the highest populated, in 1 grouping vs 2 moderately populated servers was never fair from the start. ''company jurisdiction'' is the most arbitrary and irrelevant splitting factor when two of the servers in the NA group play on the euro timetable, and the event overall favors players on the european timetable over ones on the NA timetable. and if you wanna get technical, that WAS brought up in the discussion thread and Domino pointedly ignored any comment on it. the first week ranking only had 20 EU racers on it while the NA one had 50 racers listed....if you wanna count that measely 35 point racer at spot 20 on EU "comparable" to the MINIMUM 400 points on spot 20 on NA, what a joke. the divide was unfair to the larger group from the start, but yeah lets be more considerate to the smaller group with the easier competition..........

it should have been 3:4 split the same way cross servers are grouped, from the start, but what the hell were we supposed to do when domino wasnt open to any discussion of it, and then was gone, and then it took weeks before you guys showed up? swapping the two EU servers out of the NA group into the EU one would be ''unfair'', but expanding the 2/3/4th place prizes to include say 2 spots instead of 1 would not be unfair as it leaves the EU group entirely alone, and it it would better reflect the same scaling of server size in the group....

1st - 1st place prize
    2nd - 2nd place prize
    3rd - 2nd place prize
    4th - 3rd place prize
    5th - 3rd place prize
    6th - 4th place prize
    7th - 5th place prize
    8th - top 10
    9th - top 10
    10th - top 10
  • dennenappel
    dennenappel Posts: 133 Arc User
    I also think it would be more fair if people with equal scores would get the same prizes, because they worked equally as hard. And then people who are only 1 or 2 points behind it wouldn't get sucky prizes right away even though they still worked so hard too. Idk just a thought.

I'm glad this ''amazing'' race is almost over though
    Erzannah ~ lv100 divine priest (Nyos)
    member since 08/16/2011
  • buffybomb
    buffybomb Posts: 182 Arc User

Everyone should have known from the beginning that this was the "WORST EVENT EVER"! It's your fault for participating. This event (along with the few preceding this one) are for csers ONLY. PWE/FW act as though they don't want farmers in this game at all. Even though farmers are what made this game what it is. Sorry.. WAS.

...How is this a CSer event? Everyone starts on the same terms with the same items given to them, and I doubt anyone would CS on that account since it's gonna be removed once the event is over.
  • amarantos
    edited March 2017
    buffybomb said:

...How is this a CSer event? Everyone starts on the same terms with the same items given to them, and I doubt anyone would CS on that account since it's gonna be removed once the event is over.

i wouldnt call it a ''cser'' event, but many racers do cs, most likely on alt accounts, to have gold for buying whatever things they may need. the pack given by pwe is pretty much only exp items, pwe never bothered to try correcting the faulty ore from it. so racers have to somehow come up with extra funds for missing ores, gears, materials, etc. :)
  • whykkyt#2380
    whykkyt#2380 Posts: 11 Arc User
    In general, i am guessing very very few racers had any CS access. We sold the gems we got for starter gold and whatever else we could to get by.
  • whykkyt#2380
    whykkyt#2380 Posts: 11 Arc User
    Just a thought here....
    For all the work we put into these racers, I would like to see us be able to select at least one to survive this event. Let us chose one racer and maintain the account. The minor advantage given by supplying us with xp items doesn't necessarily give us a game advantage. The end lvl means nothing compared to the work it would be to mature a normal char with gear and strength we would normally be applying.
  • lolnotyfg
    lolnotyfg Posts: 296 Arc User

Just a thought here....
    For all the work we put into these racers, I would like to see us be able to select at least one to survive this event. Let us chose one racer and maintain the account. The minor advantage given by supplying us with xp items doesn't necessarily give us a game advantage. The end lvl means nothing compared to the work it would be to mature a normal char with gear and strength we would normally be applying.

They're just going to bad everyones Racer accounts. There will be no individual char purge.
  • madjen
    madjen Posts: 146 Arc User

Hello!

I have some questions about the prizes for the amazing race event. In the original post there were the following listed:

1st place: Exclusive 1st place title, Choice in any Wings currently in game, Abyssal Relic, Quality 5 Elemental Relic, All Level 5 Gems

2nd Place: Exclusive 2nd place title, Pair of Nether Wings, Abyssal Relic, Quality 5 Elemental Relic, Choice in Mount

3rd Place: Exclusive 3rd place title, Pair of Nightfall Wings, Frost Nova Relic, Quality 5 Elemental Relic, Choice in Pet

4th Place: Top 10 title, 4 Honored Warrior Medals, Rose Wings

5th Place: Top 10 title, 2 Honored Warrior Medals, Skysward Wings

6th – 10th Place:
    Top 10 title and an Ice Pack

Now I have the following questions:

Wat are the Honored Warrior Medals?
    What's in an Ice Pack?
    As 5th place there are Skysward Wings, but these are already very very common on all servers. People are even giving them away for free. So I was wondering if these can be replaced by more special ones perhaps? It just seems kinda lame reward for the hard work, since most people already have them? Maybe Candle wings instead?

Thanks in advance!
    +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
    vampiregir_m6cy4wf1.gif
    “Through me you go into a city of weeping; through me you go into eternal pain; through me you go amongst the lost people”
    Inferno
    Insanna ~ Pyro Artist
    Immortal ~ Illy
  • madjen
    madjen Posts: 146 Arc User
    amarantos said:

how on earth you could say the two groups are comparable? 5 servers, 2 of which are the highest populated, in 1 grouping vs 2 moderately populated servers was never fair from the start. ''company jurisdiction'' is the most arbitrary and irrelevant splitting factor when two of the servers in the NA group play on the euro timetable, and the event overall favors players on the european timetable over ones on the NA timetable. and if you wanna get technical, that WAS brought up in the discussion thread and Domino pointedly ignored any comment on it. the first week ranking only had 20 EU racers on it while the NA one had 50 racers listed....if you wanna count that measely 35 point racer at spot 20 on EU "comparable" to the MINIMUM 400 points on spot 20 on NA, what a joke. the divide was unfair to the larger group from the start, but yeah lets be more considerate to the smaller group with the easier competition..........

it should have been 3:4 split the same way cross servers are grouped, from the start, but what the hell were we supposed to do when domino wasnt open to any discussion of it, and then was gone, and then it took weeks before you guys showed up? swapping the two EU servers out of the NA group into the EU one would be ''unfair'', but expanding the 2/3/4th place prizes to include say 2 spots instead of 1 would not be unfair as it leaves the EU group entirely alone, and it it would better reflect the same scaling of server size in the group....

1st - 1st place prize
    2nd - 2nd place prize
    3rd - 2nd place prize
    4th - 3rd place prize
    5th - 3rd place prize
    6th - 4th place prize
    7th - 5th place prize
    8th - top 10
    9th - top 10
    10th - top 10
    +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

Please after 7 weeks.... you gotta be more considerate. And also are the missing points going to be fixed? A lot of ppl including myself noticed their total points were not right after some races were finished. I for once was missing 1 point last I checked. But been so busy since and this been lasting so long that I just need to recheck all my racer chars now to see again how many points I really have. >_<
    vampiregir_m6cy4wf1.gif
    “Through me you go into a city of weeping; through me you go into eternal pain; through me you go amongst the lost people”
    Inferno
    Insanna ~ Pyro Artist
    Immortal ~ Illy
  • amarantos
    edited March 2017
    madjen said:

Please after 7 weeks.... you gotta be more considerate. And also are the missing points going to be fixed? A lot of ppl including myself noticed their total points were not right after some races were finished. I for once was missing 1 point last I checked. But been so busy since and this been lasting so long that I just need to recheck all my racer chars now to see again how many points I really have. >_<</p>

before the final results are in you better at least give racers enough time to contest disqualifications and/or missing points, and be willing to look into it and double check the system instead of just replying with ''dont worry, your lowest score will be dropped anyways.'' people get different scores different weeks, alot of the first few weeks are lower while people learn which strategy is more effective or having more opportunities/help on one server over another, and in the case where the data farm is WRONG players should not be penalized for it and have to sacrifice an entire week of hard work because you cant be fked to double check or admit you were wrong.

the final results should go something like this...announce the final data pull, list every racers score as a breakdown of all 7 servers, showing which one currently would be dropped for lowest score. give the racers 1 week to submit and work out any last disputes. after one week update the final listing, and that should be that. this is frickin SEVEN STRAIGHT WEEKS of work. you already messed up the ores and didnt fix it. you messed up and ENTIRE servers week (eyrda), and gave poor compensation for it. this is alot of hard work from these people and we deserve to get the correct final ranking.
    Post edited by amarantos on
  • effaeldm
    effaeldm Posts: 55 Arc User

Just a thought here....

Yes, I also thought keeping chars in some ways could feel better - I see some point about the boost helping, but perhaps cutting some levels/exp could compensate for that, and 7 weeks effort not so wasted.
    Though I'd like to keep the chars even if dropped to lvl1 :), I did think out stories about these characters, and did get attached to them.

it should have been 3:4 split the same way cross servers are grouped, from the start

And agree on this, of course. At least some kind of reaction could be nice, maybe not something large, but at least something.

It's not like the race went as promised and expected in other regards as well... ;)
    [email protected], [email protected], etc. - Holodeck
    Lefdmae, StormVoice - Illyfue; Amlaath, StormVoiceZero - Storm Legion, StormVoiceXVII - Tytan, etc.
  • dennenappel
    dennenappel Posts: 133 Arc User
    Aye the fel irradiated ores never got fixed :lol:
    Erzannah ~ lv100 divine priest (Nyos)
    member since 08/16/2011
  • effaeldm
    effaeldm Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    And also there were foxgloves, issues with codes emails, with exp rates, server down on the last day of the race (which for me resulted in not doing a thing on the last race day, was too late at night to wait for fix) :/

That's not to say the race was not enjoyable, in spite of all this, the EU/EN imbalance and the lack of time I had myself, it had more upsides, was fun and I learned a lot :) However, I think there was a lot of extra added to the initially not so easy task, so perhaps some extra prizes could be nice to add as well :) And I think fine if both to EN and EU players, while imbalance was the problem of "US" (well, not only actual US, but also "non-EU" Europe Illy and Nyos :D ) players, the rest of things that didn't go so well touched multiple various people from all places, and getting something more could somewhat improve the overall feel about this.
    [email protected], [email protected], etc. - Holodeck
    Lefdmae, StormVoice - Illyfue; Amlaath, StormVoiceZero - Storm Legion, StormVoiceXVII - Tytan, etc.