test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eyrda Base Camp - The Amazing Race

edited February 2017 in General Discussion
Welcome to Week 4 of the Amazing Race! This leg of the race is set to take place in the Eyrda Server. The race will begin at exactly 10:00 AM PST, 2/17/17. Please use this base camp to connect with your fellow racers, ask questions, and get any information not received in your emails.

Comments

• who are you :0
  • who are you :0

I'm a PWE employee, also working on the Amazing Race :)
  • gio#4911 gio Posts: 790 Arc User

Welcome to Week 4 of the Amazing Race! This leg of the race is set to take place in the Eyrda Server. The race will begin at exactly 10:00 AM PST, 2/17/17. Please use this base camp to connect with your fellow racers, ask questions, and get any information not received in your emails.

Welcome we like pacific warriors ^^

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,063 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    how about you be a pal and active the 5x exp like youre supposed to @whiteflagwarrior#1723
    Post edited by amarantos on
    amarantos said:

how about you be a pal and active the 5x exp like youre supposed to @whiteflagwarrior#1723

@whiteflagwarrior#1723 bumpitty
  • amarantos said:

We apologize for the delay on that! Turning on the boosts isn't like flipping a switch, and takes some time to implement. Sometimes things go wrong, and the team needs a little more time to get it done.

Rest assured, it will be done as soon as possible!
  • spiceywingsspiceywings Posts: 80 Arc User
    alm

amarantos said:

We apologize for the delay on that! Turning on the boosts isn't like flipping a switch, and takes some time to implement. Sometimes things go wrong, and the team needs a little more time to get it done.

Rest assured, it will be done as soon as possible!
    almost 8 hours to turn it on? :/
    still no 5exp....... @whiteflagwarrior#1723
  • erzipie#2722 erzipie Posts: 37 Arc User
    Still nothin :smirk:
  • court1213court1213 Posts: 14 Arc User
    This 4X EXP is demoralizing. Can't PWE go one week getting things right?
    this is an outright disadvantage for eyrda racers, if it stays 4x all weekend/week long you better prepared to compensate all the racers by adding 2 levels to final scores...
  • keakua808keakua808 Posts: 222 Arc User
    no 5x exp yet? my home server is eryda i was looking foward to helping my racer level just like every other main has been able to do on their home server with 5x exp. getting the speed bonus on orders with 4x exp...... is unfair to eryda players.

my dyos racer got DQ for 5 levels of exp. 5 levels of exp is nothing compared the the difference between 4x exp and 5x exp.
    Conovar
    79 Dark Vampire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2017
    How come last time it could be fixed overnight and now it takes couple of days?
    so is this going to be addressed or what?
  • Come on, really? No answer at all?
  • spiceywingsspiceywings Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    The incompetence here is really astounding. Fourth week into a seven-week-long event, PWE should know by now to automatically turn on 5x EXP, and the fact that they STILL haven't is a downright joke. You're off to a lackluster start, Mr. PWE-employee-helping-out-with-the-race @whiteflagwarrior#1723 , at least Domino got things resolved in a reasonable amount of time. Bring him back.
    why are we getting new racer spotlights but no fix for 5x exp? can pwe work on priorities please. with that being said turn on 5x exp would be unfair to anyone who has done orders or used their exp pages.
    Conovar
    79 Dark Vampire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    better add 3 levels of compensation now................
    it's almost better just to let it be turned off now because there will be people at a disadvantage if it gets turned on at a random time idk... it's just a mess
  • thamaristhamaris Posts: 11 Arc User
    Still no 5x exp on Eyrda server and on Dyos we still having it
  • magikarp851magikarp851 Posts: 30 Arc User
    The best thing to do would be to leave it off and simply add 20% EXP to everyone's total. However I can't trust PWE to perform simple math at this time so that could be a headache if done wrong.

Easiest thing to do would be to add X levels to people's total.

In my opinion it'd be catastrophic to ignore the problem without compensation. I personally have been working 20% harder to gain EXP this week and it sucks because I can't have this being an average or a wipe week as a Eyrda resident because this is supposed to be my standout week.

You can't tell me lv96 with 4x EXP can be fairly compared to 96 on a 5x server.
  • To all racers,

I will address your concerns and try to clarify as much as I am able to.

5x Boost Issue
    Domino and I do not have control over turning on the 5x boost. As mentioned prior, it is not something that is easy to turn on, as you can't just flip it on like a light switch. Our team has been pushing hard to get this fixed as soon as possible. Any other comments regarding this issue will be ignored.

Level Compensation
    We do recognize the issue that has now formed because of the aforementioned problem. Level compensation will be discussed, and we will ideally announce the verdict with the next Leaderboard Update.

"Off to a lackluster start"
    I would just like to clarify that I have been working on this event since the beginning, and have done the majority of the work involved in making The Amazing Race a reality. Moderating the forums is just an extra task that I am now taking on. I don't want anyone to be confused and assume the race is facing more issues just because I have a presence in the forums now. This event has many moving parts, and has faced multiple problems each week. It's just unfortunate we've had our biggest issue at the same time I've begun moderating the forums. My focus has always been (and will continue to be) to make this race enjoyable for you all.

Thank you all for your concerns, and for your efforts to continue making this event great. I will continually push forward to have this event running as smoothly as it can be.

- WFW
    stupid plain old stupid. why turn on 5x exp now? god my 3 year old nephew would of been smart enough to leave 5x exp off. what a advantage u all giving people who have not done orders or exp pages yet. you have been working on this event.... work smarter. start listening to the players doing the event. if u use your mouse and scroll up just a little u would see people saying keep the 5x exp off. im done with this poorly run event. it was a great idea to bad the execution on the idea is ****.
    Conovar
    79 Dark Vampire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I would rather 5x be on in the event that they don't do any compensation to not make a waste of a week.....but there still better be some compensation to missed exp for 5 days
    the biggest question will be if next week will be the same :p
  • thamaristhamaris Posts: 11 Arc User
    I want to thank the Eyrda server for the last 7 days. I was part of a wonderful guild - Booster - thanks for everything. My special thank you and this is a big fat THANK YOU, is going to Amantine und Evolution from Booster. They've carried my lil noob racer through all the raids, rce's etc. Without you I would have never ever reached lvl 97 (with 4x exp) !!! Thanks for all the ores you gave me and the exp boosters. It was so much fun spending the last 7 days with you <3

Lots of love

Rea
  • whykkyt#2380 whykkyt Posts: 11 Arc User
    Special Thank You to ProjectX for hosting so many of our racers!
  • plagueis#6755 plagueis Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2017

To all racers,

Level Compensation
    We do recognize the issue that has now formed because of the aforementioned problem. Level compensation will be discussed, and we will ideally announce the verdict with the next Leaderboard Update.

- WFW

New Leaderboards were posted today. I'm fearful that if not reminded, if left to suprise me, the next Leaderboard which will count Eyrda into the rankings will reflect no or inadequate compensation. Can you ease my fears and tell me a decision has been made? Forgive me, all these years have left me used to disappointment.