Server Merge/Realm 2-5 PVP

2»

Comments

• buffybomb
    buffybomb Posts: 182 Arc User

If a pvp server is merged into a pve, it should remain pve. The guest gets to pay respect to host.

Pvp mentalitys and ways of thinkings woulnt work on my pve server for example, that will just make ppl pissed and quit faster and im not saying i dont want it, played for years in pure pvp servers, with balanced way of pvp,and can live with it, fw is p2w, pvp is unbalanced,and would be dominated by top 10 cats so tell me in a server in which most are pve farmed and didnt invested much on pvp builds, how would they feel minding their own busyness and some pvp addict comes and throws a headshot skill on their faces, just cause its *fun* everytime, and ppl dont want to be limited by having to avoid realms cause they are pvp, as it would solve some issues but it would create another new ones, and speed the grave process, atm most casuals quit in our server, ppl struggling to fill their raids.

What if a pve server is merged into a pvp server though? Didn't think about that, did you, hmm? :D
  • tria10
    tria10 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Im on a pvp server most donot just run around and pk randomly. Normaly pking stays for world bosses zods or when two guilds are at war. Sometimes it happens when players run their mouths. A server merge would be a good temp fix but not long tearm. Most players leave do to not feeling like pwe gives a care about the players and bugs that do not get fixed after they are informed. So my advice to pwe as a returning player is to make players want to stay and feel that they matter not just their credit cards. Maybe do a special code to accounts who have stuck buy pwe to their emails. And something to aide new players in the form of a code.
  • anyadpicsaja
    anyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    You say that basicly no one would random kill anyone. Okay,but they still have the ability to do it,and thats what makes PVE people, including me worried. Its very simple really, the no smoking zones exists for a reason: If someone wants lung cancer, its their choice, but others have the right to avoid it.

Its the same in our situation: If someone is choosing to be able to get killed (aka:flag system) then its their choice, but let the others do what they want as well, without all the hustle you choosed to be part of. Its not rocket science.

As much as PVE people are worried that their drama will become more real if PVP will be suddenly allowed, PVP people are just as much worried that they cant kill each other anymore.

So if merge ever happens,which i think will not. Flag system is still the best way. o/
    giphy.gif
  • unusualsuspect1
    unusualsuspect1 Posts: 694 Arc User
    How relevant are EB weapons anymore now anyway with the new Champ 95 weapons once doubly upgraded?

For the pure DPS classes for PvE the two weapons (Champ 95 twice upgraded and EB95) are near identical in DPS output. For the support classes the new Champ weapons are superior in most every way except for crit-def builders.

Seems to me that there's fewer and fewer reasons to do EB every week unless you're a hard core PvP type, but arena is broken and I don't think there's enough active people left on Lionheart server to unlock an EB95 anyway unless people started account sharing old inactive accounts to get it done.

I guess in a meandering way this is really me complaining about how in their "westernising" of FW that PWE have actually made much of the games content inaccessible or irrelevant.
  • gio#4911
    gio#4911 Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    buffybomb said:

If a pvp server is merged into a pve, it should remain pve. The guest gets to pay respect to host.

Pvp mentalitys and ways of thinkings woulnt work on my pve server for example, that will just make ppl pissed and quit faster and im not saying i dont want it, played for years in pure pvp servers, with balanced way of pvp,and can live with it, fw is p2w, pvp is unbalanced,and would be dominated by top 10 cats so tell me in a server in which most are pve farmed and didnt invested much on pvp builds, how would they feel minding their own busyness and some pvp addict comes and throws a headshot skill on their faces, just cause its *fun* everytime, and ppl dont want to be limited by having to avoid realms cause they are pvp, as it would solve some issues but it would create another new ones, and speed the grave process, atm most casuals quit in our server, ppl struggling to fill their raids.

What if a pve server is merged into a pvp server though? Didn't think about that, did you, hmm? :D
    To give a fast example, Milas a pure pvp server got merged into Illyfue a pve server, and i doubt the opposite happens, cause its not pve servers struggling with population ^^, we can still manage 10+raids weekly on illy. And im not afraid of pvp, i defended pvp on some realms for quite a while to solve crucible/lostcity issues, i would have tons of fun <3 but 70% of my server population would quit, so yah cant be selfish :D and impose my pvp thinkings into others, cause that won't work.

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• hurty08
    hurty08 Posts: 31 Arc User
    up lul
    Hebergeur d'image
  • avihsnis
    avihsnis Posts: 84 Arc User
    A simple solution for eb, etc would be to run double events, pve on one day and pvp another. more events to drive activity, pvpers would welcome twice the opportunity while not leaving out pve purists
    Imperium
    [East] Storm Astuarot