Soul Gate level 90 and broken arena

dsaw11
dsaw11 Posts: 6 Arc User
Much have been said about broken arena .... I know - this post is merely to highlight to Domi how this issue is affecting the "newer" players. If the plan is to attract new players to the game, why are they being held back in the development of their char?

My primary concern here is not so much broken arena, but the requirement to perform the arena daily task to unlock soulgate level 90 - why cant this requirement be waived?

Because I cannot unlock my level 90 soulgate, my char is at a great disadvantage to the other players, because:

1. I cannot obtain the +4% crit dodge and +10% crit defence bonus.
2. I cannot obtain the +240 all attribute damage bonus.
3. I cannot obtain the +20% and 2000 health bonus.
4. I cannot obtain the +45 PVE Tenacity bonus.
5. I cannot obtain the +45 PVE Intensity bonus.
6. I cannot obtain the +4% crit chance and 10% crit damage bonus.
7. I cannot obtain the 15% increase in base damage.
8. I cannot obtain the 10% damage reduction bonus from other players.
9. I cannot obtain the additional rune slot.

I am thus sure that you can see that this issue has a negative impact on gameplay - how can I compete against other players with this huge disadvantage?

My appeal is thus simple, if you cannot fix the arena bug, at least consider the option of waiving the requirement to complete arena from the soulgate quest.

Thanks

Comments

• wuergmaster
    wuergmaster Posts: 161 Arc User
    Unlock with Soulgold ? Arena will be fixed with Content update ............. YES u got it ;)
  • dsaw11

Unlock with Soulgold ? Arena will be fixed with Content update ............. YES u got it ;)

Clearly you are a c'ser, as this alternate option is only available to "certain" levels of c'sers - so maybe an alternate solution is to open this option for non-c'sers due to the inability to resolve the "broken arena" issue (obviously this is not (and most likely will not be) considered, as it is yet another convenient bug for PWE to milk the $'s out of our pockets).

B)
  • wuergmaster
    wuergmaster Posts: 161 Arc User
    Clearly you are a c'ser, as this alternate option is only available to "certain" levels of c'sers

Uhh, didn't notice / know. Thought that is for everyone. IT SHOULD be for everyone ! I vote for this due the non existing Arena.
  • laccer
    laccer Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Level 3 casher rank needed for Soul Gate Breakthrough with soul coin.
    I reached it on my other account only with Arc quests :)
  • laccer
    laccer Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2017
  • dsaw11
    I noticed that although Domi is active in the forums after this post was made, he elects to avoid it like the plague .............. is it perhaps because this problem is in favour of PWE's pockets?

Me wonders ......................... o:)

Any inputs Domi - e.g. is it a do-able option to allow "all" players the option of skipping soul gate quests via payment of a few soul coins?
  • bellasmurf
    bellasmurf Posts: 54 Arc User
    Maybe dom is tired of answering the same question over and over and over again regarding arena. As for the sg quest if I am remembering correctly, if you don't level beyond 90 you can still DO arena. It was only the 91-100 that is broken.
    The fix will come when it comes. They're waiting on China for a fix. Be patient. Use the time to upgrade the rest of your stuff up. I get the frustration of not being able to complete a quest but you don't need to rush through it when probably not all of your stuff in the sp tree is upgraded between 1-90.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • bellasmurf
    null
    And rly man. You expect them to do that. Let's wait on China's approval now to change something in their games questline. Wait for a patch to make said. Translate and test said patch... Ima go make popcorn while we wait.
  • dsaw11
    edited February 2017

Maybe dom is tired of answering the same question over and over and over again regarding arena. As for the sg quest if I am remembering correctly, if you don't level beyond 90 you can still DO arena. It was only the 91-100 that is broken.

The fix will come when it comes. They're waiting on China for a fix. Be patient. Use the time to upgrade the rest of your stuff up. I get the frustration of not being able to complete a quest but you don't need to rush through it when probably not all of your stuff in the sp tree is upgraded between 1-90.

Either you are trolling this thread or you have a very limited command of the english language (or maybe as a third option, did not read my post properly), so let me write this slowly so that you can keep up ............

For the record, I get the "Dom Fan" syndrome that some players have contracted, so no hard feelings on that.

So to start off, I trust you noticed that this is not the same question regarding broken arena, mainly because I refrained from QQ'ing about broken arena ...... fact is I even took the initiative of proposing a solution to my issue, in lieu of only posting my problem (maybe you missed it in your haste to flame me B) )

My issue is not so much with broken arena - I don't do arena for the obvious reason (in case you are not aware, arena and other PvP options in this game favours the select few that sell their houses to be able to be something in this pixel world). In case you missed it, my issue is the requirement of my soulgate quest to do arena, which is a broken instance for a very, very, very long time.

I am not sure why you imagined that I am one of the players that "rush" certain aspects of the game ...... you know what they say about assume (it makes an "****" out of "u" and "me"). Similar to your statement about me having to be patient - LOL (this one made me wonder if you a troll or not). In case you were serious - here is my story ....... but first I need you to acknowledge and accept that arena is/was broken for a very, very, very, very long time. So if you are with me thus far, all my available soul power requirements on my soul tree is maxed (yep!! - if you want, I can provide screenshots, as I have provided these to the infamous Customer (non)Support group). To make sure there is no misconception here, even the items that are not affected by Nyos/Dyos are maxed on the opposite side of my tree - including silly things like extra mana and heal effect).

I am not sure why you elaborate so much about not leveling beyond lvl 90 - my problem (if you got it the first time round) is passing the lvl 90 soul gate (which in case you did not get it the first time round, means I am at level 89.99999).

So please tell me again about how impatient I really am ...... clearly this issue do not affect you and that's why it is extremely easy for you to pass judgement on a situation you have no clue about.

null

And rly man. You expect them to do that. Let's wait on China's approval now to change something in their games questline. Wait for a patch to make said. Translate and test said patch... Ima go make popcorn while we wait.

As for the popcorn ......... I hope you made truckloads full, because we all know how eager the dev's are about fixing bugs (unless it has a direct result on their income), hence my suggestion of an alternate solution.

Many players express their concern about how people are leaving this game on a regular basis, judging by the response (or lack thereof) on this topic that do affect a lot of new players, do you honestly think that Dom and PWE are really concerned about retaining players? I wish I could post the reply I got from PWE on my ticket regarding this subject, but as we know, they slap a gag rule on possible bad publicity via their ToS rules. I suppose you will have to accept my word for it, when I tell you that the reply was not very encouraging for a long term player to stay in the game.

In conclusion, I wish you a terrific day and good luck with increasing your post count
  • bellasmurf
    dsaw11 said:

Either you are trolling this thread or you have a very limited command of the english language (or maybe as a third option, did not read my post properly), so let me write this slowly so that you can keep up ............

For the record, I get the "Dom Fan" syndrome that some players have contracted, so no hard feelings on that.

So to start off, I trust you noticed that this is not the same question regarding broken arena, mainly because I refrained from QQ'ing about broken arena ...... fact is I even took the initiative of proposing a solution to my issue, in lieu of only posting my problem (maybe you missed it in your haste to flame me B) )

My issue is not so much with broken arena - I don't do arena for the obvious reason (in case you are not aware, arena and other PvP options in this game favours the select few that sell their houses to be able to be something in this pixel world). In case you missed it, my issue is the requirement of my soulgate quest to do arena, which is a broken instance for a very, very, very long time.

I am not sure why you imagined that I am one of the players that "rush" certain aspects of the game ...... you know what they say about assume (it makes an "****" out of "u" and "me"). Similar to your statement about me having to be patient - LOL (this one made me wonder if you a troll or not). In case you were serious - here is my story ....... but first I need you to acknowledge and accept that arena is/was broken for a very, very, very, very long time. So if you are with me thus far, all my available soul power requirements on my soul tree is maxed (yep!! - if you want, I can provide screenshots, as I have provided these to the infamous Customer (non)Support group). To make sure there is no misconception here, even the items that are not affected by Nyos/Dyos are maxed on the opposite side of my tree - including silly things like extra mana and heal effect).

I am not sure why you elaborate so much about not leveling beyond lvl 90 - my problem (if you got it the first time round) is passing the lvl 90 soul gate (which in case you did not get it the first time round, means I am at level 89.99999).

So please tell me again about how impatient I really am ...... clearly this issue do not affect you and that's why it is extremely easy for you to pass judgement on a situation you have no clue about.

null

As for the popcorn ......... I hope you made truckloads full, because we all know how eager the dev's are about fixing bugs (unless it has a direct result on their income), hence my suggestion of an alternate solution.

Many players express their concern about how people are leaving this game on a regular basis, judging by the response (or lack thereof) on this topic that do affect a lot of new players, do you honestly think that Dom and PWE are really concerned about retaining players? I wish I could post the reply I got from PWE on my ticket regarding this subject, but as we know, they slap a gag rule on possible bad publicity via their ToS rules. I suppose you will have to accept my word for it, when I tell you that the reply was not very encouraging for a long term player to stay in the game.

In conclusion, I wish you a terrific day and good luck with increasing your post count
    I haven't got time to read all that so i skimmed. I have plenty popcorn, would you like some?
    (BTW I don't care about my post count, Nor am I apart of this "Dom Fan Club" IF you were to do a little digging you would see *gasp* I have my fun with the forums and that being said aim for any QQ posts.) They KNOW how it's C-blocking the new players. They ARE working on a fix. And yes the arena issue does affect me. I'm close to the score I need to upgrade one toon and have a new toon in the making that needs it aswell so yes I know the issue YES I am affected by the issue with my new toon BUT I have been on this game for YEARS and know how to give PWE a little time to fix the problems. As for PWE not caring/being concerned that I cannot say yes or no to. Domino caring/concerned? He wants it fixed as badly as we do. Why? Because every time that poor guy logs on he has people like you filing his pm's and mailbox whining and moaning about issues. Because Domino cares about this game as much as we do. Sit down and talk to him once. You'll see.

Good day to you my lil forum friend. May you learn to be patient.

• thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    Okay guys, thats enough.

Here's the deal. Firstly, I was not planning on commenting in this thread because threads like this have been posted over and over and over and over again each with the same question. "Why are the developers not fixing Arena?" now granted each thread asked about a different aspect related to Arena and PvP and soulgates and questing related to all of it in general, but it all comes down to one bug.

But because I can see the smoke of a flame war beginning to for, so before that happens and I start banning people let me clear the air one more time. Grab your popcorn because I'm only saying this one last time.

The problem with why we cannot simply "wave" the requirement is because frankly we do not have the resources to deconstruct an entire system to make the changes necessary, especially since the development team is currently gearing up for the next expansion.

I know that everyone imagines this game to have legions of developers, and engineers, and testers and whatnot, but this simply isn't true. Honestly if you saw the size of the team that runs the US/EU version of this game both in my office and in China you would be shocked. (Honestly I'm pretty proud of how this machine is able to run on its size)

That said, it boils down to what's the easier of the two things to do? Fix the matchmaking in Arena so we can do it OR modify a related system that's interconnected to other systems in the game and hope that doesn't break anything else?

Answer: Fix Matchmaking

Reason: Removing that qualification from code that the developers did not code themselves has a high risk to break something else. And before you ask, No we do not have our original developers on staff anymore. In fact we've had several generations of developers.

So back to the original question at hand, and to ask this question I'll take a quote from my latest PM from Eyrda server, "OMG FIX ARENA DOMINO WTF"

Short answer: We are working on it. We have been working on it, and will continue to work on it.

And if you think this is me blowing smoke let me be the first one to correct you. Fixing Arena is the single most important item on my agenda. If you think I don't recognize the importance of getting this fixed, then shame on you. I know why its so important. Because of this issue we are hemorrhaging players. PvP is becoming more and more an important part of the game. It's tied to just about everything (Sorry PvE players but in CN the game doesnt have PvE servers, those are special just for us. The Original version of the game is supposed to be PvP)

I have sent email after email, and have even talked directly to the CN QA Lead about the importance of getting this one bug fixed. I have shouted and screamed and begged (literally) to get this issue addressed. China is working on it and a few times theve given us fixes that just havent worked when we transition a patch from our test environment to the live one. (Thats another long story)

So yes we are working on it, and the day we have a fix that actually works I will be the first one to pop champagne. Trust me, we want this game to succeed and we are trying to get it resolved.
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    No. The real reason we added PvE was strictly because gamers in the US/EU demopgraphic prefer to have the option to either PvP or PvE. (This comes from years and years of proven marketing research not just from us but many other MMO's with servers in the US/EU regions)

As for some of the cut systems, the decision to have them removed was made because we have more user friendly systems available to replace them. And before you say anything, no, Its not because we're "milking out every penny" as you put it (some of those systems you talk about actually are based off of a more complex VIP charging system that would have further increased the gap between the players who charge and the players who do not).

In addition, some of the cut systems (That aren't tied to VIP) are simply not available here because they don't work correctly. A prime example of this is the GvG Cross Server system. Its on our list of things to fix, but unfortunately the testing case for that one requires more than one test server, so if there is a "fix" for it, it needs to be tested on live. And unfortunately I can no longer put the term "Possible fix" in the patch notes after the commotion doing so made with you guys the last time I did.

And furthermore, some of those cut systems were time limited. Our version of the game is over a year behind the Chinese version. But our server clock is not. Some systems were coded with specific time frames in mind, tied directly to the server clock of the Chinese server. And because we are not in direct parity with them, those events and systems do not trigger correctly on our version. This issue however is being worked on on a case by case basis so we get some of the events (At lease most of the events that we are able to, some we cannot run here because they're tied to the Chinese partnerships which we do not have here. Copyright law is a real thing in the US/EU)

Hope this sheds some light on things.
  • filippo#8496
    filippo#8496 Posts: 5 Arc User
    You can not remove (or replace) that quest from the gate quest list?
  • dsaw11
    edited February 2017

You can not remove (or replace) that quest from the gate quest list?

It is a possibility, but then there will be no need for players to cash shop until they reach the cs'er level that allows one to bypass the gate quests for some soul coins ........ and we all know that this means one less cow to milk for PWE.

If you do the math, you will see why this option is not entertained :)

I can only surmise it is the same reason why "a bug" in PWE's favour is not a top priority like all the bug fixes for bugs that favour the players or the speedy resolutions applied to cash shop bugs B)
  • mavip4n
    mavip4n Posts: 151 Arc User
    laccer said:

Level 3 casher rank needed for Soul Gate Breakthrough with soul coin.
    I reached it on my other account only with Arc quests :)

I think PWI not letting ppl do that quest on more than 1 account. Some old player from LH have post about she got banned cuz she bought orbs with leafs from ARC quests on 2 or 3 account. Just saying.
    Tiny wind bard of Ascension and an innocent glacial priest of Starlight in Lionheart.

Has stopped playing as of summer 2019.

Even tho I hate this game, it is the only reason I met the best people i know in my life! Soooo farewell Frosaken World!

(ノ´ 3`)ノxRagnar
    (ノ´ 3`)ノXaniela
    (ノ´ 3`)ノ Versalya