Events with good prizes that are actually fun

Comments

• thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    @botzlombe I removed the posts and closed the thread because it's thread necro. Consider this your only warning.

Also to create special bosses requires the dev team. The dev team is in china working on expansions and fixing issues. It's not nearly as easy as you would have everyone believe.
  • nickvv
    nickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Honestly speaking what would you say if every time you put together an event (this one, hide n seek, boss fights, pvp events, art events, mystery boxes etc.) sometimes planing and scrutinizing it for months on end only to be told it (and through that, all the work you put into making it happen) was stupid?

If you fall into that category then indeed this isn't your event. I just hope one day we will do an event that you can enjoy. It's as the saying goes "you can't please them all".

I'm sure every event has different type of people attracted to them, i'm glad theres people that can enjoy the event but you are missing the morale of the story. Other events that are actually fun (for more than a handfull of people) to participate in and not a drag for 7 weeks are not even nearly as rewarding as this event. Why werent the nether wings up for the pet/mount design contest for example..
  • thenamesdomino
    Because we wanted to give a grand prize indicative of the event this go round.
  • botzlombe
    botzlombe Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2017

@botzlombe I removed the posts and closed the thread because it's thread necro. Consider this your only warning.

Also to create special bosses requires the dev team. The dev team is in china working on expansions and fixing issues. It's not nearly as easy as you would have everyone believe.

Last comment was in december so i wont count that as necro... also it was still unresolved so no need to close it in any way! But nvm i still hope it ll be sorted out and fixed.

To create a boss IS easy. It only requires CN ppl if the western PWE isnt allowed to do it or are to unexpirienced with the server files. . Creating it in the database is easy. Even every Pserver can do it with just a lil work. Seems ur Team just isnt allowed to do anything files related sadly.

But well it was just an example what kind of Events u could do.

• thenamesdomino
    You may not count it but I do. Like I said. You've been warned.
  • hurty08
    hurty08 Posts: 31 Arc User

This event is a huge fail.

All is here. can people wake up? can you see this event which means only statistics for PW ?
    Do you think the staff cares about us? It's been 6 years now that I play this game, I saw everything in this game like many people enemy or allied. I'm over disappointed. There's no sense to those events.
    Where are ours logins event with bound items ? Where's our staff ? Where are the fix ? Where's arena? Where's dim war? Where's the new content ? where's the merge? Where are yours promises about new things except orbs?

concerning this event, I'm FRUSTRATED; how is it possible in 2k17 ???
    1)People works, people enjoy their family, people are bored, do you Imagine yourself doing this leveling thing?
    2)No comment about the reward.. another one gonna destroy my 6years game experience.

Do you realize ? I Think not because, you, PW staff, don't play this game and doesn't care about.

Maybe you'll see it as a QQ post, but honnestly, I don't care, my bad that I cashed around 2k E; i'm just disappointed on how the game evolue and many brokens things :)

(3) IT'S MY OPINION.
    Hebergeur d'image
  • bellasmurf
    bellasmurf Posts: 54 Arc User
    hurty08 said:

This event is a huge fail.

All is here. can people wake up? can you see this event which means only statistics for PW ?
    Do you think the staff cares about us? It's been 6 years now that I play this game, I saw everything in this game like many people enemy or allied. I'm over disappointed. There's no sense to those events.
    Where are ours logins event with bound items ? Where's our staff ? Where are the fix ? Where's arena? Where's dim war? Where's the new content ? where's the merge? Where are yours promises about new things except orbs?

concerning this event, I'm FRUSTRATED; how is it possible in 2k17 ???
    1)People works, people enjoy their family, people are bored, do you Imagine yourself doing this leveling thing?
    2)No comment about the reward.. another one gonna destroy my 6years game experience.

Do you realize ? I Think not because, you, PW staff, don't play this game and doesn't care about.

Maybe you'll see it as a QQ post, but honnestly, I don't care, my bad that I cashed around 2k E; i'm just disappointed on how the game evolue and many brokens things :)

(3) IT'S MY OPINION.
    Domino does play this game.. and he does care.. things are coming you just have to wait.
    have some cheese

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • hurty08

Domino does play this game.. and he does care.. things are coming you just have to wait.
    have some cheese

Promises Promises :)
    He play this game? ye maybe.. going FF and killing everyone with one spell should be playing the game.

You know that I'm true if u play this game since a long time, There's no offense there ofc, but please server-mates, it's time to wake up and react
    Hebergeur d'image
  • bellasmurf
    hurty08 said:

have some cheese

Promises Promises :)
    He play this game? ye maybe.. going FF and killing everyone with one spell should be playing the game.

You know that I'm true if u play this game since a long time, There's no offense there ofc, but please server-mates, it's time to wake up and react
    I have been playing this game for about 5-6 years now. And no not just ff. He has a normal toon.
  • bellasmurf
    and if you're so disappointed with this game then leave? kthanksbai.
    Its not even about statistics.
    Why is everyone so juiced on haterade.
  • gio#4911
    gio#4911 Posts: 790 Arc User
    Guys most of us already made our points, lets focus on making the event pleasant for those participating :P

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• thenamesdomino

> @bellasmurf said:

> >

> I have been playing this game for about 5-6 years now. And no not just ff. He has a normal toon.

He may have a normal toon Bobby but as every employee of PWE they get unlimitted supply of leaves and other game currency so yea normal toon without the worry of anything so its not kinda that much normal imho

LOL! Now THAT's Funny
  • silnec
    silnec Posts: 248 Arc User

Yes, silnec, you rather design a nutella pet or mount for the other contest.

Haha! That is actually very tempting :smiley:
    ⋆⋆⋆ SEPHMEISTER ⋆ Illyfue ⋆⋆⋆

"this game is dying on all servers, wake the fk up" - Amarantos

This is the truth. PWE does not care.

• hurty08

Typical no argument sentence.
    Time to grow up lady
    Hebergeur d'image
  • bellasmurf
    hurty08 said:

Typical no argument sentence.
    Time to grow up lady
    Your reply = typical no idea what to say so says grow up.
    I'm not the one qq'ing about an event on a GAME that one may or may not be able to participate in.
    They don't have to satisfy everyone. Even if they tried it'd be pointless.
    also @toonforevent2 its not for statistics. Even if it was it wouldn't matter. Have you not noticed all the new characters that have come to game since the other server shut down? Like they need the statistic boost... Lawl.
  • senrin
    senrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    I am definitely aware that you can't think an event that can make happy all the community, that's true.

It's also true you have to think about the development resources before all else your mind can forge.

For example, the "artist concept" events can be funny and rather easy for some, but extremely hard and frustrating for others. Not everyone can be a Picasso like not everyone is a no life nerd for this event.

Also, so to speak, this seems an event mostly aimed to lure new players, something we asked so much before.

I am more concerned about its purpose than its fun rate, but it's just me.

-----

Like everything in this game - but oh well in real life - something boring for someone isn't for others, we just have to get over it.
  • armenthys#4925
    armenthys#4925 Posts: 321 Arc User

Because we wanted to give a grand prize indicative of the event this go round.

I would like to be with you on this, but then I remember about the Star and Moon Dragon (?) that was an event prize advertised as unique and only the winner would be the only one in the whole game to have it... then a few months later it was obtainable with orbs. That "unique grand prize" just lasted for a bit making it not a grand prize at all.

Anyway, you won't ever be able to please anyone. Even on the event where you guys gave us Mercury Stattutes and orbs there were still people complaining about not able to login for 1 minute because they "had a life" but yet secretly abusing it with alts. No matter what you try to do every time there will always someone complaining.

I would like to say as a feedback that this event is good but as many people already said it takes way too many time to complete, because let's face it everyone wants to shoot for the top 4 (because ranking place 5 is pretty much useless after skywards were flooding the AH for a long time and even selling for 20g) and in order to get in those places you need to sacrifice 7 weeks which I doubt anyone with school/job/parenting duties have that time and would not get busy with real life.
  • laccer
    laccer Posts: 93 Arc User
    senrin said:

Also, so to speak, this seems an event mostly aimed to lure new players, something we asked so much before.

Do you really think, that a new player will create an account for playing, then create an account for the event?
    So this new player dont know anything about gameplay but he/she will level 7 characters for the prizes? Really?

"Do not get attached to these toons. The accounts created for this event will be deactivated once the event is over."
  • senrin
    I have to say, many ppl unhappy with login events saying many had like 450 accounts to abuse rewards from.

So, well, true or not, some members of the community were not happy about those too.

Sadly.
  • gio#4911
    senrin said:

I have to say, many ppl unhappy with login events saying many had like 450 accounts to abuse rewards from.

So, well, true or not, some members of the community were not happy about those too.

Sadly.

Well to be honest, the peeps that pretty much complained about it, quited to something else already cause they didnt fix arena, or other things, what we have atm on illyfue is many new players, the cbt old invested players, and the 3 year old patch wave players, also rip casual population, not enough farming resources for players, im trying to leave those new ones at least enough geared.

Also as a costumer i csed more indeed when there was login events, to be truthful i wanted to stay competitive cause everyone was getting good, so i really invested a lot, that was the golden age of fw for me, now idc the 12vs12 are full of afk and so unbalanced that isnt worth any type of investment in this game. Its just my opinion, about how it feels when i log daily.

• thenamesdomino

But you CAN please them all. You had tremendous success with log in events, why did they stop? Why did EVERYTHING become bound on receiving? Your "hard work" is killing this game.

You're referring to when we gave out orbs that had people creating legions of alts to capitalize on that. We still have login events but you wont see orbs in them anymore because of that reason specifically. People abused it and people complained as well.

• senrin
    edited January 2017
    People always complain, poor Domino. And, no troll here.

At this point I wonder if any login event will be of any help.

The game is actually "forcing" you to join the pvp side of the game, but with such low population, some pvp instances not working and epic imba between toons, if you can't find a way to shorten the gap between those, no point.

-----

About login event, specifically, there's a workaround that also will take into consideration "veterans" or "old players" or "aficionados", imo:

- let players get an item daily per char BUT taking into consideration lvl and date of creation

- a lvl 100 toon gets 10 Orbs daily if created before xx/yy/zzzz, just 1 if created this year, 5 if between the 2 dates above

- lvl 80-99 same as above but with a low quality Orb

- lower lvl get cheese bread, considering how fast lvling is. No, joking. Give them a single Orb of bad quality.

Is it that bad as idea? Is it so hard to think about it? Is it so exploitable?
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    Just quit your job and play the game more often.. ez

• gio#4911
    senrin said:

People always complain, poor Domino. And, no troll here.

At this point I wonder if any login event will be of any help.

The game is actually "forcing" you to join the pvp side of the game, but with such low population, some pvp instances not working and epic imba between toons, if you can't find a way to shorten the gap between those, no point.

-----

About login event, specifically, there's a workaround that also will take into consideration "veterans" or "old players" or "aficionados", imo:

- let players get an item daily per char BUT taking into consideration lvl and date of creation

- a lvl 100 toon gets 10 Orbs daily if created before xx/yy/zzzz, just 1 if created this year, 5 if between the 2 dates above

- lvl 80-99 same as above but with a low quality Orb

- lower lvl get cheese bread, considering how fast lvling is. No, joking. Give them a single Orb of bad quality.

Is it that bad as idea? Is it so hard to think about it? Is it so exploitable?

Indeed but would that be worth putting that amount of resources or scripts into a simple login event? also how does that make it fair for me getting 10 orbs daily, while the new guys get 1 orb, then how can that even the gap, *hey plz dont make me more stronger thx, (thought i dont mind :P)*.

In my opinion, make something that helps new guys and farmers or make something that benefits all- the check in type of thing seems to be the way to go in benefiting all, also one thing i learnt all those years, is that ppl enjoy to open orbs, even if the content is a big useless cheesebread, they will open them.

• edira
    edira Posts: 479 Arc User
    also one thing i learnt all those years, is that ppl enjoy to open orbs, even if the content is a big useless cheesebread, they will open them.

I'd rather take a fixed reward for my efforts than a chance at a orb with probably only 2 token of faith.

I remember some good events from the past that didn't consist of running around and taking screenshots or having any art talents.
    There was one, years ago, when PK wasn't overrun from the storm legion were we had to do the run girl run quest on a couple consecutive days. The reward for this event wasn't anything really great at the time (battlefield card, pet, title, spacetime sphere) but I was happy with what I got 'cause I put ingame effort in it and didn't have to practically live in the game like with the actual level event.
    Or anyone remembering the event where we got the Weapon W title? These events were fun.
    ​​
    Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mhmitsme
    mhmitsme Posts: 83 Arc User

You're referring to when we gave out orbs that had people creating legions of alts to capitalize on that. We still have login events but you wont see orbs in them anymore because of that reason specifically. People abused it and people complained as well.

Only ppl who compline about freebies are heavy cashers scared to lose their immortality, two button toons that dont care about community, competition all they want is just feed ego. Game was so much more active and enjoyable during this login events, seen many ppl back to game as you could catch up a little bit with a huge gap you create for ppl who dont cash shop.

As you said you cant please them all so why not make a poll and let community decide what is better?
    ING: Piotoru
    Guild: NewOrder