test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Amazing Race Discussion Thread.

thenamesdominothenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
Greetings Everyone!

Registration for the race begins tomorrow.

I'm sure you all have questions, comments and concerns... Here is your forum to voice them. AND for those of you who may not know what's going on...

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/forsaken-world/news/detail/10361713-the-amazing-race

The floor is yours.

Comments

• draigwendraigwen Posts: 57 Arc User
    one question, if the accounts created for the event will be deactivated after the event, do people participating get the rewards sent to their current main? I don't have the patience to participate myself, just curious :)
  • thenamesdominothenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    It will be a code we send you redeemable on any account you wish
  • botzlombebotzlombe Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Not true if the acc ppl creates for event will be deactivated
    Because these accounts will be "Boosted", we are going to deactivate them upon the end of the event. They are strictly for racing purposes to alleviate any unfair advantages players may perceive. so these inactive alts you bring up are a non issue.
  • isfolket80isfolket80 Posts: 222 Arc User
    way to much work.... :o
    ae060k.jpg
    <3 Cuitepie <TyOhni's Wife> <3
    Illyfue- Fairytail

• effaeldmeffaeldm Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Do I understand correctly that 100 is the aim, but not necessary? Looks like the points for levels are for that, to see who gets how high if not actual 100?
    The name of the character you traditionally main with (This is strictly for community promotion purposes)

And what if someone plays with multiple and is not sure? Or just one of the names, a recognizable one, since it's to identify, not so much of an issue?
    Please note that there will be 2 leaderboards (1 for EN regions and 1 for EU regions).

How are they going to be identified? New chars will be on all the servers. By the main char the players tell about perhaps?
    And won't there be heavy difference in competition? Idk about the numbers of people though.
    And are EU (Illyfue, Nyos) servers EU or EN? Probably sounds funny, but they kind of fit for both, EN language, EU location/time.

And will the character names be permanently unavailable after that on corresponding servers, making it not possible to revive them if (or when, like in my case) we do get attached? Is there a shared database as well, or will it be possible to recreate them on another server at least? Looks to me like partially so, and I suspect like in PW, shared for related servers, probably Illyfue+Nyos etc., right?

[email protected], [email protected], etc. - Holodeck
    Lefdmae, StormVoice - Illyfue; Amlaath, StormVoiceZero - Storm Legion, StormVoiceXVII - Tytan, etc.
  • gvangvan Posts: 97 Community Moderator
    This looks fun! I'm entering B)
    2afl8q8.png
    Gwenny - Marksman - Eyrda Server
    >> My FW Youtube <<
    >> My FW Tumblr <<
  • jano100jano100 Posts: 1 Arc User
    what about the regions that are not allowed to register anymore??? u gona open regestry for them during the event or not???
    effaeldm said:

Do I understand correctly that 100 is the aim, but not necessary? Looks like the points for levels are for that, to see who gets how high if not actual 100?

Correct. This is points based with the goal being 100 (Which is why its worth the most points)
    effaeldm said:

The name of the character you traditionally main with (This is strictly for community promotion purposes)

And what if someone plays with multiple and is not sure? Or just one of the names, a recognizable one, since it's to identify, not so much of an issue?
    Yes. for those who enter I would like to know who's in the race. Periodically I will be interviewing the contestants on their experience in the race, thoughts on the game and so on, and for that I want to use your Main's name (if you have several, just list me your favorite)
    effaeldm said:

Please note that there will be 2 leaderboards (1 for EN regions and 1 for EU regions).

How are they going to be identified? New chars will be on all the servers. By the main char the players tell about perhaps?
    And won't there be heavy difference in competition? Idk about the numbers of people though.
    And are EU (Illyfue, Nyos) servers EU or EN? Probably sounds funny, but they kind of fit for both, EN language, EU location/time.
    Correct, your main and it's server of origin determine which leaderboard you are going to be in. This is to balance the playing field a bit. EN Servers include - Eyrda, Storm, Lionheart, Illyfue, Nyos. EU servers are Dyos and Shylia
    effaeldm said:

And will the character names be permanently unavailable after that on corresponding servers, making it not possible to revive them if (or when, like in my case) we do get attached? Is there a shared database as well, or will it be possible to recreate them on another server at least? Looks to me like partially so, and I suspect like in PW, shared for related servers, probably Illyfue+Nyos etc., right?

Yes and no. Yes the names will be locked from future use (Limitation of our back-end) But theyre not locked across the board. Just the region. So lets say on Storm Legion you have a player named "Tommy" That player name is locked on the other EN Servers. However you can make "Tommy" again on Dyos or Shylia. But once you do its also locked on the EU region.
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,027 Arc User
    about prizes:

1st place: Exclusive 1st place title, Choice in any Wings currently in game, Abyssal Relic, Quality 5 Elemental Relic, All Level 5 Gems

2nd Place: Exclusive 2nd place title, Pair of Nether Wings, Abyssal Relic, Quality 5 Elemental Relic, Choice in Mount

3rd Place: Exclusive 3rd place title, Pair of Nightfall Wings, Frost Nova Relic, Quality 5 Elemental Relic, Choice in Pet

nether wings (the special wing that in CN was awarded for collecting all the versions of the sky resonance wings) are not currently in-game. so are they allowed to be a choice for the first prize of any choice, or not? if not, how is it fair to award them as 2nd place but not first xD or did you mean nirvana wings instead of nether, since there is at least 1 pair of nirvana wings in the game currently. perhaps a list of all the wing choices would be nice.

also will the quality 5 elemental relic be winner's choice of atk/def, or wat.

for ''choice of pet'' if you wanted say a tavira/fiona could you get the box it comes in with the title or just the plain pet stone?
    amarantos said:

about prizes:
    nether wings (the special wing that in CN was awarded for collecting all the versions of the sky resonance wings) are not currently in-game. so are they allowed to be a choice for the first prize of any choice, or not? if not, how is it fair to award them as 2nd place but not first xD or did you mean nirvana wings instead of nether, since there is at least 1 pair of nirvana wings in the game currently. perhaps a list of all the wing choices would be nice.

Yes. If you win, we'll send you a list so you can take your pick.
    amarantos said:

also will the quality 5 elemental relic be winner's choice of atk/def, or wat.

The top 3 winners will be given a list of their relic to choose from
    amarantos said:

for ''choice of pet'' if you wanted say a tavira/fiona could you get the box it comes in with the title or just the plain pet stone?

Why would I be evil and just give you the pet stone? You'd get the box. Also We'll send the winner a list of Pets to choose from.

Bottom line is this event is going to be tough on anyone. So for the amount of work you put in, we've made the prizes comparable. Like I said, biggest prizes in the games history.
    edited January 2017
    Correct, your main and it's server of origin determine which leaderboard you are going to be in. This is to balance the playing field a bit. EN Servers include - Eyrda, Storm, Lionheart, Illyfue, Nyos. EU servers are Dyos and Shylia

balance? how is a 5v2 leaderboard fair, especially since storm?/lionheart/illyfue are probably the most populated servers and therefore the more likely to have a higher number of participants, while dyos and shylia are relatively smaller and would have small participation pools. ''en'' will be harder to achieve XX prize out of a larger pool whereas ''eu'' has a pretty dang good chance of placing high for alot less work. :/

i understand winning is on an individual basis but the competition pool is drastically larger for one board...............
  • freeyaafreeyaa Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    This should seriously be called "quit having a life event".
    Normally I'd say nobody in their right mind would participate in an event like that. Then again I know how many lazy unemployed people basically live in Eyrda (not talking about the server), lol.

On a side note:

Yes. If you win, we'll send you a list so you can take your pick.

You're such a troll, dom. Let them waste seven weeks of their life just to realize afterwards that the wings they desire are not on the list huehue.
    Post edited by freeyaa on
    <mean, grumpy b!sh>
    Lycanella - Dyos
    Char deleted: 09/04/2017
    If it's in our version of the game It's on the list... Last I checked there was a certain reaper in Lionheart rocking the Nethers...
  • narutouzumaki994narutouzumaki994 Posts: 35 Arc User
    Domino, if our main is-for convenience's sake, let's say on Storm Legion-do we get points from leveling characters on ALL the servers (Shylia/Dyos included)? Or is it JUST the EN servers?
  • narutouzumaki994narutouzumaki994 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Also, am I correct that the maximum number of points from any given character would be 5,075? (Level 100)

(Edited for grammar)
    edited January 2017
    Favorite char, heh, I still haven't decided where to apply the EvilHenry code even :) But ok, I guess for this purpose possible to name one to communicate with :)

And now I'm confused :) I expected shared databases, but all EN... then how did I manage to create two same named characters on Nyos and Storm Legion? StormVoiceTwo on both.

And then if this technical back-end thing is the reason why the servers are split like this, 5 and 2, because, I agree with amarantos, this doesn't look much like balance - then can it be checked if the data is actually stored separately or at least can be told apart (well, the game manages to know which char is on which server, so there should be ways to see that in the db...) and handled as separate, and then maybe divide more evenly into two leaderboards or split into more then, perhaps three?
    Lefdmae, StormVoice - Illyfue; Amlaath, StormVoiceZero - Storm Legion, StormVoiceXVII - Tytan, etc.
  • ediraedira Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    effaeldm wrote: »
    And now I'm confused :) I expected shared databases, but all EN... then how did I manage to create two same named characters on Nyos and Storm Legion? StormVoiceTwo on both.
    Databases are divided between EU and NA. Don't know why dom says otherwise.... EU being originally Dyos, Shylia, Illyfue and Nyos.​​
    Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    just for clarity on the entire event process:

during registration period, create a new account. create, but do not log into, 1 char per server (7 total). send an email from the email registered to this new account with the details asked for.
    starting first Friday of event, level char #1 on server #1 as high as possible in one weeks time. after this one week ends on the next friday, do not play this char anymore for the duration of the event. start leveling char #2 on server #2. and so on and so forth.
    at the end of 7 weeks, the total points from your char levels determines your overall rank.

additional questions: this 7 day leader jersey, does it go to the main char you give, or the char you created that is in the lead. because what's the point logging the leveled char to put the jersey on it if we aren't using that char anymore during the event?
    how strictly are the week cutoffs. say you leave your char botting Friday morning and have to go to work and leave the client running when the week period ends and the new one begins. will players get penalized for this? or will you base the points on the chars progress at the cutoff time and not anything past that?
  • fwworldenter#4669 fwworldenter Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    So i made new acc and cant log at all? So again how can I create characters?

Internal Server Error...
  • murdermedic#2307 murdermedic Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    REGISTERING!!!! o/
    Post edited by murdermedic#2307 on
  • > @qbert#3617 said:
    > Omg this is for show how lively game is creating more alts that will become inactive wow just
    >
    > ............................................________
    > ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    > .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    > .........................,/...............................................":,
    > .....................,?......................................................,
    > .................../...........................................................,}
    > ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    > .............../...................................................,:"........./
    > ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    > ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    > .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    > ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    > ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    > ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    > ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    > ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    > .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    > ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
    > .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    > ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    > ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
    > .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    > ........................................_..........._,-%.......`

sorry bro, try reading the the entire thing before commenting and wasting internet space with empty and pointless drivel o/
  • childishsmilechildishsmile Posts: 18 Arc User
    To me not worth the time or effort in either items to get toon to level that far .... really you should try get more people to join our servers and get this out there for other to play might be worth there effort to join with this event
  • buffybombbuffybomb Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I have questions about the rewards.

1st place: Exclusive 1st place title, Choice in any Wings currently in game, Abyssal Relic, Quality 5 Elemental Relic, All Level 5 Gems

Will the elemental relic be fully upgraded? Cause most players choose to go with lower quality relics since they're way cheaper to upgrade, so a quality 5 relic won't be very helpful if it's not upgraded :/

And will it just be 1 of each gem, or enough gems for the full gear set? How many of each gem will it be?

And why will the toons be removed when the event is over? What kind of boost is this that'll require the removal of the toons?
    edited January 2017
    Actually, I had a thought - if the boost is too much to keep and not an option to give no boost, how about depowering these instead of disabling completely?

Some options:
    1. Plainly removing some exp/levels, approximately so that the results of the boost get removed - not sure though if technically possible, in theory just need to pick all the event chars in the db, but instead of disabling decrease their level and other corresponding stats, but might be not so easy if there are no access rights or changing levels involves a lot of not so much tied characteristics that don't change based on level automatically.
    2. As a certain workaround, disable temporarily, for an amount of time in which it's realistically possible to gain such levels by normal means.
    3. Disable temporarily till sometime after level cap is increased and 100 is not much anymore.

I think option 1 is most efficient if possible, but 2 and 3 are easier of course. If 1 is not possible, I'd be more inclined for 2, though even 3 is somewhat better than permanent disable for those who like to keep their chars and put effort and resources into them.

So i made new acc and cant log at all? So again how can I create characters?

Internal Server Error...

I figured can log in into the acc, create chars, but not enter the world with them.
    edira said:

Databases are divided between EU and NA. Don't know why dom says otherwise.... EU being originally Dyos, Shylia, Illyfue and Nyos.​​

Then which way should the leaderboards be actually divided?
  • pinkette1#7450 pinkette1 Posts: 344 Arc User
    it supposed to be "dyos shylia illyfue nyos" and "lionheart eyrda storm" . if u get only dyos shylia together, someone with only lvl 1 chars will be top100 XD
    Hebergeur d'image
  • mavip4nmavip4n Posts: 147 Arc User
    This event is waste of time imo. :[ Waiting for better events, greetings o/
    Lv100 Wind Bard - Lionheart
    9d71e558a6c5076ac0e48b20ccdfe0be-db10gw5.png

I do not waste my time with idiots~ please get going.