FW - Current State of the Game

Hey Everyone,
I've gotten approval to check in and give you guys a brief rundown of the current state of the game as it stands today.

Before everyone starts with a litany of things that need to be fixed, let me open the veil a little to give everyone some context. Because of our limited resources, we do not have the largest development team on hand to readily address issues the moment they come up. This being the case, we have to pick and choose from our laundry list what immediately needs to be addressed and what can be addressed after those issues are fixed. I understand that this can be very frustrating, but please know those frustrations are also shared on this end as well. We're all in this together, so that said, here goes:

- Financial Points Resetting: So after months of asking we have finally gotten an answer to the weekly financial points reset. The weekly reset is by design. It is the developers hope that because the financial points now reset weekly as opposed to monthly, it will stimulate player activity within their guilds. Now we understand that this is impacting a lot of the smaller guilds in a negative manner, we are going to try and get this changed with the next expansion.
- Arena/12s queuing. We had this working perfectly when Homecoming dropped, and then about 2 weeks in it broke again. This is one of our priority issues. And yes I've said many times the devs are working on it and they still are. Last week we began testing another fix that we hope if working will alleviate some of the pressure.
- Lost Lighthouse. When this was reported to me last week, it immediately took the #1 priority. We will be getting this issue resolved ASAP.
- Fireless Fire. This is another priority issue that will be addressed as soon as we can. This week our focus was to get Arena queuing working again, provided the fix for this works as intended, Fireless Fire is next on the short list.
- Heavenly Coins Exchange. We understand that this needs to be resolved and we have not forgotten about the missing exchange. However in light of the bigger issues that have been popping up, this will have to be addressed later.
- Bound Dragon Packs from the Anniversary Orb. Again another issue that we need to get resolved as well. The PM and APM have been meeting to discuss what we're going to do about this and when I have an answer we will update accordingly. To answer everyone's question about it, No there will not be a 1-1 bound to unbound dragon exchange. Theyre looking into alternatives however.
- AFK Timer in 12s. Again another issue that's been around for a long time and I have been pushing to be addressed. However again because of bigger issues, this will have to be addressed and fixed later.
- Dimensional Wars. Back when dimensional wars was released in the patch notes we stated that in PvE servers, this event was modified to remove the PvP element. Currently in the PvE servers, not being able to PvP is by design. But I am going to try and get this changed in the next expansion.
- HR60 Requirement for GTRs. Again another design decision by the CN team. Because a majority of the farming community consists of support characters, we recognize that this move effectively cuts them off from being able to farm. This is a battle we are going to fight to have changed for the next expansion.

I know this post will not make very many people happy, but my hope is that it does shed a little light on whats going on and where we're at.

Comments

• pinkette1#7450
    pinkette1#7450 Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    i read this, and had a feel of "deja vu". thx anyway for this

ps :only change, priority issues are getting pushed back by new priority issues XD
    Hebergeur d'image
  • nickvv
    nickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    How about the old arena score rewards :D
  • sabcia106
    sabcia106 Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Soon soon soon and later later and in next expanshion that will bring more bugs that will need soon soon :D thx Domina for making me rotfl everytime i come here to get some laugh on thoes fixes that are "promised" sadly many players are leaving and only thoes that wasted tons of money on virtual power and e-pen!ses are staying becuse it would hurt them much.

And dont tell game is in perfect condition its agonizing only that made suffering longer made russians forced to come on server like was with milas its just life support.
  • silnec
    silnec Posts: 248 Arc User
    Domino, what about the population? What are the plans to increase and retain the population? I have asked you this both on forum and in game few times now and till now, there has been no concrete response on that very important issue. This is an mmorpg, we need it to be populated as such.
    ⋆⋆⋆ SEPHMEISTER ⋆ Illyfue ⋆⋆⋆

"this game is dying on all servers, wake the fk up" - Amarantos

This is the truth. PWE does not care.

• thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    silnec said:

Domino, what about the population? What are the plans to increase and retain the population? I have asked you this both on forum and in game few times now and till now, there has been no concrete response on that very important issue. This is an mmorpg, we need it to be populated as such.

That unfortunately is not an answer I am allowed to give.

• freeyaa
    freeyaa Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited November 2016

- Dimensional Wars. Back when dimensional wars was released in the patch notes we stated that in PvE servers, this event was modified to remove the PvP element. Currently in the PvE servers, not being able to PvP is by design. But I am going to try and get this changed in the next expansion.

Yeah, right, except you never stated that in the patch notes:

"Cross Server Event - Dimensional Wars
    Every Sunday players will have a chance to fight other players in the cross server. Final rewards will be based on capture points of the players home server. Rewards include Diestone, Seraphic Flux, Light Dragon Scale, Fusion Agents, Elemental Gears, and Holy Stone Fragments.
    Queue for this event at Sage Disciple Peter in the Twilight Square of Nightfall Citadel"

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/forsakenworld#/discussion/1200674/patch-notes-vengeance-8-13-15

Besides it is not working for EVERYONE because it's a friggin Server VS Server event.

But let's just assume that PvP was supposed to be locked for PvE servers. So those people were supposed to be killed by PvP servers while not being able to defend themselves? BS.
    <mean, grumpy b!sh>
    Lycanella - Dyos
    Char deleted: 09/04/2017
  • armenthys#4925
    armenthys#4925 Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    There are many points to address in your post Domino.

1. Financial points. This was already fixed previously and you yourself said that "it was a bug and will be fixed" as usual and now you're telling us it's by design? I originally said that it was by design indeed but you ensured everyone that this would be fixed and wouldn't happen again. Why can't it be fixed this time if it was already done before?
    alwanr said:

In fact, the financial points resetting is intended since the release of Awakening patch; the fact that we kept our financial points at 20,000/20,000 was actually the bug.

Hey Everyone,
    It has recently come to our attention that some guilds may have had their financial points reset. We are currently aware of this situation and are working on a solution to ensure that this issue will not happen again. We ask all guild leads or co leads to reply to this thread with their toon name and their guild name if this has affected your guild. Please list the estimated amount of points you lost as well.

2. Bound Dragon Packs from the Anniversary Orb. Why would this be a total NO to exchange 1-1 with an unbound dragon if it was originally what was supposed to happen? How are you guys going to make an equivalent exchange to this if your own team decided that dragons would be valued at 100D each (remember the GM AH that intended to remove the diamonds from servers by selling gold gear and dragons?)

3. AFK timers in 12s. This should be top priority on the list because it's been literally over a year (much more) and it has not been able to be fixed. How is arena top priority when it's not really active except for the arranged teams to farm gloops and not FF where it affects up to 24 people at a time that are actually working for their gear? People have gotten so used to AFK in FF that even the hard working people have to deal with constant loses due to people being lazy. Not only that but also your team has failed to enforce the multiclient policy, and no matter how many tickets with proof we send the same people will keep using 3 or more clients at a time and get all their characters in FF battles where they only use one of those.

4. HR60 requirement. Please make this happen, I have no idea how CN servers decided that support character would be able to do this as easy as DPS characters. "Use dual talents and have second gears for HR!!!", not many people have time or money to invest in a game.
  • angelhead
    angelhead Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Thank you for posting this, cleared up some things at least.

I really don't get why we got all these mixed messages about the financial points, some said it was intentional, you said to send in a ticket, an earlier forum post said to post information there cus this was a bug, superconfusing! I do hope you can change the financial points reset for next expansion, no way to keep up decent amount of slots with a weekly reset. I don't think it's about being lazy or not wanting to do stuff, it's about the lack of players. Which also leads me to Sephs question about increasing and retaining the population, cus you need to do something, stat :neutral:
    Freida ~ Inferno Vampire ~ Rohans
  • thenamesdomino
    alwanr said:

There are many points to address in your post Domino.

1. Financial points. This was already fixed previously and you yourself said that "it was a bug and will be fixed" as usual and now you're telling us it's by design? I originally said that it was by design indeed but you ensured everyone that this would be fixed and wouldn't happen again. Why can't it be fixed this time if it was already done before?

At the time of that particular thread was pre-homecoming. When homecoming hit that issue went from 2 weeks as it was happening before and at that time a bug to a regular once a week issue. Because of the change in behavior and no notification from the CN team we needed to figure out if this was by design or not. Now that we know it is, we can try to get it changed in the expansion.
    alwanr said:

2. Bound Dragon Packs from the Anniversary Orb. Why would this be a total NO to exchange 1-1 with an unbound dragon if it was originally what was supposed to happen? How are you guys going to make an equivalent exchange to this if your own team decided that dragons would be valued at 100D each (remember the GM AH that intended to remove the diamonds from servers by selling gold gear and dragons?)

Like I said before, this is something that's being discussed by the people above me. When we have a viable solution I'll be able to put in my two cents and hopefully it will be something that works for everyone.
    alwanr said:

4. AFK timers in 12s. This should be top priority on the list because it's been literally over a year (much more) and it has not been able to be fixed. How is arena top priority when it's not really active except for the arranged teams to farm gloops and not FF where it affects up to 24 people at a time that are actually working for their gear? People have gotten so used to AFK in FF that even the hard working people have to deal with constant loses due to people being lazy. Not only that but also your team has failed to enforce the multiclient policy, and no matter how many tickets with proof we send the same people will keep using 3 or more clients at a time and get all their characters in FF battles where they only use one of those.

This issue is on my priority list, but it is not the highest priority atm because unlike the top 2 issues on the list (Arena queuing and Lost Lighthouse) you can actually participate in FF. There is not an issue preventing you from actually entering the instance or an issue preventing you from completing it.

This one frustrates me as well because it's been around for a while, so when we have our list of issues that need to be fixed this one is up there but other things have to take priority since that's actual content you are being blocked from being able to access.
    alwanr said:

5. HR60 requirement. Please make this happen, I have no idea how CN servers decided that support character would be able to do this as easy as DPS characters. "Use dual talents and have second gears for HR!!!", not many people have time or money to invest in a game.

I realize how valuable the farming community is to the game. So Im going to do everything I can to make sure we change this with the next expansion.

• amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    i never even knew there was some issue with lost lighthouse. whats wrong with it and why is a noob instance a top priority?
  • armenthys#4925
    amarantos said:

i never even knew there was some issue with lost lighthouse. whats wrong with it and why is a noob instance a top priority?

Well, at least I'm not the only one who thought that.

• senrin
    senrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    The main problem is that it takes too much time to fix an issue.

Due to players' boredom of waiting, new games alluring with their hype, the game is more forsaken than ever.

I just say, if plans to get more players is just "on paper to be discussed", give up already: by the time you make it work - following the timeframe we are used to - it will take 2 years. At that point no way to resurrect a 7 yo mmorpg left with 3 players, 2 of them being NPC.

Just tell your bosses the above. Time is not only money, it's life, sometimes. Game's life in this case.

-----

2nd problem is not so sub, after all: why do we have a weaken version of China FW? Not just about the freemium blablabla, but the fact our version is left so behind chinese's one; they have new class already!

-----

3rd problem: what do your bosses actually do? I mean, we see - besides few nerfs - it's just a copy-paste of chinese's game. But we are not like chinese players. Hence some issue (HR60 req, financial point reset for example). Also, some NPC appearing for events we do not get...

Afaik, a boss should test and play the game, modifying it according to the audience. Here, it's just Shenmo translated.

-----

Last, but not the least: game is not casual friendly. Making lvling super easy is not the key of luring new players, maybe the opposite (many posts made from community so not gonna repeat).

Good day and happy work :D
  • thenamesdomino
    edited November 2016
    Lost Lighthouse: If you jump into the water you get stuck and cannot complete the instance. Similar areas were found in VFH but it's not everywhere like in the LLH instance
  • armenthys#4925
    edited November 2016

Lost Lighthouse: If you jump into the water you get stuck and cannot complete the instance. Similar areas were found in VFH but it's not everywhere like in the LLH instance

Ooooh, is it because the water disappears and let's you walk at the bottom but doesn't let you fly/swim up to get unstuck? That happens in any FH related map/instance, like model views for water is damaged or missing.
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    psh
  • known2figures
    known2figures Posts: 129 Arc User
    What I find laughable about this list, is that the bound dragons will probably be a 2:1 exchange ratio, and afking in 12s is far at the bottom of the ''priority list'', even when it's been around for over a year, yet it's not above lost lighthouse? you're kidding right? You can't really complete you ''win'' quest win literally half your team is afk (especially the important ones that are too lazy to do it), thus making people very irritable about it, and just give up. Why is something as important as 12s at the bottom of the list? I can't...
  • kaliflower
    kaliflower Posts: 53 Arc User
    How about the world boss EPICS? I hear some of them don't spawn or are ROFLCOPZTER OP. o.o?
  • deathgod123456
    deathgod123456 Posts: 309 Arc User
    didication is alos an issue
  • anyadpicsaja
    anyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    @thenamesdomino About the Lost Lighthouse issue: I met that bug but its actually completeable. There is a highlighted area between the boss on the ship and the lighthouse on the shore (after killing the arsonist anyway) if u step into that light,u get teleported to the lighthouse. Hope it helps.

Post edited by anyadpicsaja on
    giphy.gif
  • anyadpicsaja
    edited November 2016

Post edited by anyadpicsaja on
    giphy.gif
  • wuergmaster
    wuergmaster Posts: 161 Arc User
    about the water.

i got a not shown water texture in PK map. F12 + Options + apply without any changes + water is shown.
    Also second entry of the map and water texture is been shown.

Someone may test lighthouse. Enter + verify the bug then leave and reenter + verify again. Maybe F12 before.
  • dennenappel
    dennenappel Posts: 133 Arc User
    Something I've been waiting for since the garderobe got added is the option to dye fashion in the garderobe. I added some things to garderobe which I actually want to dye a different colour.

Any idea when this will come because it says ''coming soon''? :smiley:
    Erzannah ~ lv100 divine priest (Nyos)
    member since 08/16/2011
  • senrin
    Hey Domino, why not making a Forum poll asking the Community their own priority list?

Would be nice.

It makes ppl happy because they feel like PWE cares.

It creates no drama because "can't blame the priority you voted"

One less meeting deciding the priority list by yourself.
  • funkykneegrow
    funkykneegrow Posts: 12 Arc User
    So basically the state of the game is as follows:

"It's bad. We aren't so much developing the game, as translating from Mandarin to English and pushing it out to you, with tons of bugs."

Given the current server issues the dedi issues, the guild AH issues, the GTR issues will never be fixed, because the servers are dead as JFK (get it, it's 11/22). Unless there's a plan to merge the servers, or go on some sort of a bug fixing / get players to come back binge, the game will be dead soon. Look at rift on Eryda. It's non-existent because 1 alliance owns everything. Domino, while I can appreciate the crappy position you're in, tell your bosses to actually care about the game or get stuffed. But don't waste time with lip service to a playerbase that it's becoming increasingly apparent they don't care about.
  • vvgirl
    vvgirl Posts: 46 Arc User
    I would like to know if this "NEW BUILD" that was mentioned in WC by "BathroomToast aka thenamesdomino" a few weeks back on the Lionheart server is actually being worked on or is it all just a bunch of hooey?
    I am Woman. Hear me roar. ~ Helen Reddy
  • funkykneegrow
    funkykneegrow Posts: 12 Arc User
    And the to hammer home the point, somehow you broke xserver while doing a boutique update?
  • sabcia106
    sabcia106 Posts: 92 Arc User

silnec said:

That unfortunately is not an answer I am allowed to give.

I was trying to sell my account for 5bucks in which i wasted 100 bucks to get double talents, yet for half year i had none offer, i know its not the place for it but i just want to show that no1 care about this game anymore, and if ther show any new player they leave faster then they took downlading this piece of **** of code that dare to call its self a game.

Side note: on account i had 75lvl mastery and about lvl 40 res(close to 100D in trade gold) i know it was not much but it was in time when lvl 90 was max and pppl beged Domina for 2x exp when US server had login exploit and were gaining lvls faster.
  • anyadpicsaja
    You know that account selling is prohibited right? xD
    giphy.gif
  • wuergmaster
    wuergmaster Posts: 161 Arc User

You know that account selling is prohibited right? xD

but did it matter ? ;)

• senrin
    Hence he got banned I guess! :wink:

Just pointing out - btw - in a game you "waste" money, regardless of which you play, because it's not like you earn something. Sure, it's like "wasting" money on other hobbies, but can't really say you waste money here and not into another game, definitely not.

And I wonder why - anyways - someone should buy an account: too many security problems (starting from the email related to account to pswd for example), the risk of a ban by the company (yes they do it if someone reports), let's not talk about the fact your toon is all but impressive...